New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

44 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You could say the same thing will happen when the fans take ownership of the Club through FoH.  That is a great development, and more money being available for the squad will be fantastic - some fans giving some players pelters does not change that fact.

I do see what you are saying, and I don’t necessarily disagree with you. I am still just a little bit wary of spending the DD money directly on players. If it was possible to spend the money on everything else but the the playing squad, thus freeing up more of our ‘normal’ funds for the playing budget, then I would feel a bit more comfortable with it. Ideally though, I’d like to see us using the money in such a way that it increases our turnover and profit so that we can up our playing budget that way instead.

59 minutes ago, Bez said:

I do see what you are saying, and I don’t necessarily disagree with you. I am still just a little bit wary of spending the DD money directly on players. If it was possible to spend the money on everything else but the the playing squad, thus freeing up more of our ‘normal’ funds for the playing budget, then I would feel a bit more comfortable with it. Ideally though, I’d like to see us using the money in such a way that it increases our turnover and profit so that we can up our playing budget that way instead.

Way I see it. Could use a million wages on marquee type signings. Getting wage from club and topped up furthermore by the FOH. Two or three quality players we would not normally be able to afford.

1 hour ago, Bez said:

It's pretty much the same thing then, without the FOH money then there isn't that extra cash for players? I know what you mean but doesn't really matter where the cash comes from for me.

Just now, cheetah said:

It's pretty much the same thing then, without the FOH money then there isn't that extra cash for players? I know what you mean but doesn't really matter where the cash comes from for me.

Not sure about that. National Insurance is just another tax but has been kept separate from income tax, by governments of all parties, for reasons of perception. Perception is very important. 

11 minutes ago, cheetah said:

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not sure about that. National Insurance is just another tax but has been kept separate from income tax, by governments of all parties, for reasons of perception. Perception is very important. 

Tax as well as FoH member perception too, I reckon. I don’t want to open Old debates, but the way some supporters react and what they ‘expect’ is very different to that of others. If we were putting a million plus FoH donations in to the wages and transfer fee pot, then as well as the tax responsibilities (I’m no expert on that stuff!), I would almost garauntee you that as soon as a player is signed who turns in a couple of disappointing performances, there would be folk shouting about stopping their donations, or the manager’s responsibility with “our money”. This place in particular would be totally unreadable. :lol:

Pasquale for King

Still a lot of work to be done in all the stands really, the FoH should be split between upgrades and the first team going forward.

King Of The Cat Cafe
2 hours ago, Bez said:

I'm with you on this one.

16 hours ago, Bez said:

Tax as well as FoH member perception too, I reckon. I don’t want to open Old debates, but the way some supporters react and what they ‘expect’ is very different to that of others. If we were putting a million plus FoH donations in to the wages and transfer fee pot, then as well as the tax responsibilities (I’m no expert on that stuff!), I would almost garauntee you that as soon as a player is signed who turns in a couple of disappointing performances, there would be folk shouting about stopping their donations, or the manager’s responsibility with “our money”. This place in particular would be totally unreadable. :lol:

Fair enough, no idea about any of that tax stuff etc. but happy for any cash i put in to be used for players or whatever.

I reserve the right to demand the manager sacks anyone who doesn't play to my expectations :lol: 

1 minute ago, cheetah said:

Fair enough, no idea about any of that tax stuff etc. but happy for any cash i put in to be used for players or whatever.

I reserve the right to demand the manager sacks anyone who doesn't play to my expectations :lol: 

You jest, but it would happen! :lol:

16 hours ago, Bez said:

This is where I am as well.

I would prefer that the FoH donations are kept clear of the clubs mainstream expenditure, such as player salaries and transfer fees, and used for the upkeep of the stadium, capital projects/expenditures. improvements and youth development budget.  If it's used for these purposes then the club can concentrate their normal turnover to the playing staff budgets.

15 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

This is where I am as well.

I would prefer that the FoH donations are kept clear of the clubs mainstream expenditure, such as player salaries and transfer fees, and used for the upkeep of the stadium, capital projects/expenditures. improvements and youth development budget.  If it's used for these purposes then the club can concentrate their normal turnover to the playing staff budgets.

:spoton:

gordon simpson
On 04/09/2018 at 20:08, kila said:

1.thumb.jpg.a2779fca7e35d93626cf2f064d3864cd.jpg

2.jpg.b9abce2ed1dd511fad0af280c33be794.jpg

Dl8IRgjW4AQ3MuV-1.thumb.jpg.91498f8f7d5f0f5366215cb93b85b2cf.jpg

loved the old stadium but super love the  new place Ann Budge and FOH have done wonders to the place 

brunoatemyhamster
On 04/09/2018 at 20:08, kila said:

1.thumb.jpg.a2779fca7e35d93626cf2f064d3864cd.jpg

2.jpg.b9abce2ed1dd511fad0af280c33be794.jpg

Dl8IRgjW4AQ3MuV-1.thumb.jpg.91498f8f7d5f0f5366215cb93b85b2cf.jpg

Great Photos

How Times have changed though.

First photo probably taken by a wee dude hanging out the door of a plane or helicopter

Third photo probably by a wee dude who took two minutes to stick his phone on a drone.

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

letsalldothebeattie
4 minutes ago, gordon simpson said:

loved the old stadium but super love the  new place Ann Budge and FOH have done wonders to the place 

:spoton:

4 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Great Photos

First photo probably taken by a wee dude hanging out the door of a plane or helicopter

Third photo probably by a wee dude who took two minutes to stick his phone on a drone.

Which poster are you referring to ?

6 hours ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Great Photos

Middle picture taken by the Neilson out plane?

The first pic, which I guess is from the seventies, shows no ethanol tanks in the NB Distillery although the other two do.

How did these ever get past the HSE regulations?  

55 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

The first pic, which I guess is from the seventies, shows no ethanol tanks in the NB Distillery although the other two do.

First pic is early 1990s going by the police structure on the nearer side of the Gorgie Road end plus the reduce-capacity fencing on the far away side of the same terracing. 

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, DesertDawg said:

The operations of North British Distillery Company have the required Hazardous Substance Consents, are subject to the provisions of The Planning (Control of Major Accident Hazards) Regulations 2005 and regulated under the Environmental Protection Act 1990. All storage tanks adjacent to the boundary with the former school buildings are constructed from stainless steel with fixed tops to acceptable engineering practices (built between 1992-1995 to BS5500). The silos are understood to be in good order and appropriately maintained.

First visit to the ground in five years and was seated in the center of the new stand, and it was great. Having held a season ticket previously for the  old stand for numerous years , this is a huge change. The look of the outside really impressed me, even managed to get a scotch pie at half time as well! 

Thanks HH. 

If the first pic is from the 90's then these ethanol tanks are a relatively recent construction. (>25 years)

Leads me to wonder why a new bund wall around the tanks was necessary when the new stand planning application was submitted.  Is there a substantial underground area in the new stand which could be flooded with ethanol in the event of a leak?

It may have been a combination of things, including the increased capacity and the new plant room etc in the Roseburn Stand undercroft. 

will-i-am-a-jambo

Forgive my ignorance but what was the building(s) behind where the Wheatfield Stand currently is and when were they demolished?

33 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Forgive my ignorance but what was the building(s) behind where the Wheatfield Stand currently is and when were they demolished?

Warehouses for the distillery, they moved that storage (and more) out to West Lothian. 

Got it. 

The tanks were erected in 1993 to to support the production of so called "grain neutral" spirit which goes into every bottle of Smirnoff vodka. 

will-i-am-a-jambo
1 hour ago, SUTOL said:

Warehouses for the distillery, they moved that storage (and more) out to West Lothian. 

Thanks SUTOL much appreciated. They did look like warehouses right enough so makes sense, cheers!

2 hours ago, Junta said:

Why was that barrier there in the away end to reduce the capacity?

If I remember correctly the area sectioned off was technically outwith the stadium boundary and belonged to the owners of the land behind the stadium. 

Hearts had had an arrangement with the owner which allowed us to use the full terracing.

For some reason that arrangement ended and Hearts had to stop using the area outwith the boundary. We were really strapped for cash back then so maybe we didn't or couldn't afford to pay a fee to the land owner.

Someone may know more about the detail of this than me but I'm sure that's broadly the reason. 

1 hour ago, stuart500 said:

If I remember correctly the area sectioned off was technically outwith the stadium boundary and belonged to the owners of the land behind the stadium. 

Hearts had had an arrangement with the owner which allowed us to use the full terracing.

For some reason that arrangement ended and Hearts had to stop using the area outwith the boundary. We were really strapped for cash back then so maybe we didn't or couldn't afford to pay a fee to the land owner.

Someone may know more about the detail of this than me but I'm sure that's broadly the reason. 

Cheers. Didnt know that.

I also remember a temporary segregation fence we put up on the Gorgie Road terracing for a game v Aberdeen in Jan 1992 when we were top of the league under Joe Jordan, to allow more space for the home support. 

We lost 4-0. 

Montgomery Brewster
10 hours ago, stuart500 said:

The concrete load wasn’t good enough / safe. So the overhang bit was closed off

9 hours ago, Buffalo Bill said:

I also remember a temporary segregation fence we put up on the Gorgie Road terracing for a game v Aberdeen in Jan 1992 when we were top of the league under Joe Jordan, to allow more space for the home support. 

We lost 4-0. 

Remember that well BB. 

Eoin Jess ripped us a new one that day. 

Forever Hearts
10 hours ago, Buffalo Bill said:

We lost 4-0. 

I was at it. A crisp, sunny, winter's day. Jess & Booth tore us apart. 

List of things Hibs fans are picking up as faults in our new stand at present:

The hand driers being to close to the doors.

The paint work in the ladies’ cubicles.

The Police box... a little unsure as to what the actual problem with it is, but there you go.

No false ceiling at the exit.

Not enough leg room.

There is clutching at straws, and then there is having rodent excrement in your pies, four stands in different counties, and the asthetic appeal of an early 2000s build hospital, whilst moaning about hand driers. :lol:

Edited by Bez

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

I could’ve sworn it was raining that day ?

Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

I could’ve sworn it was raining that day ?

100% wasn't raining bud. I stood in the corner of the School End next to the main stand. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

Longterm Wheatfield ST holder so first experience of the New Stand last night for the u21s game. Overall, very impressed. Really like the fact they tied in the entire design with the rest of the stadium, right down to the seating areas, end rails and exit areas. 

It was a nice day at the Aberdeen game IIRC. My only memory apart from being pumped was Robbo launching the ball at a Don's players face to get sent off.

I remember us being on a good run of form as well.

20 hours ago, graygo said:

It'll be fun reading the 40 pages on dotnet tomorrow about how shite our new stand is and how it is a death trap after the U21's game tonight.

Not.

1 hour ago, Bez said:

The Police box... a little unsure as to what the actual problem with it is, but there you go.

Not enough leg room.

There is clutching at straws, and then there is having rodent excrement in your pies, four stands in different counties, and the asthetic appeal of an early 2000s build hospital, whilst moaning about hand driers. :lol:

:pleasing:

2 hours ago, Bez said:

Not enough leg room.

Will go same way as their Admin thread................:lenny::smugger:

sidjamesbottle
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

18,000 there if i mind right

33 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Will go same way as their Admin thread................:lenny::smugger:

Had a look, the thread is 397 pages on a stand at Tynecastle!!!!

"But we all know it is nowhere near the quality of ER" 

Worrying people like that have access to the internet.

8 minutes ago, ericb said:

A steady diet of rodent excrement will do that to a person.

???

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 15:06, Bez said:

Agreed

On 07/09/2018 at 12:38, ericb said:

How is it possible to be grown men and still display such pathetic levels of insecurity?