New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

On 07/09/2018 at 12:12, sidjamesbottle said:

18,000 there if i mind right

16,291. Shows how fantastic our support has been in the last few years - that would be considered a very disappointing attendance these days.

2 hours ago, Gizmo said:

How is it possible to be grown men and still display such pathetic levels of insecurity?

and no word from them on our wonderful glazed façade.........................frankly I'm hurt!  :42:

Serge Pizzorno
18 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

The tunnel & dugouts not being centre to the pitch really upsets the OCD side of me

Seen a lot of others say this, the old one was the same?

47 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

and no word from them on our wonderful glazed façade.........................frankly I'm hurt!  :42:

It would only ever be a negative from them as it rather puts to shame the outside of their main stand which looks like a provincial hospital from 1990. 

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

The tunnel & dugouts not being centre to the pitch really upsets the OCD side of me

Does the OCD side of you get upset by the other side of you not being OCD and therefore not matching? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

A charming quality of the old Main Stand. Symmetrical is just no fun at all

On 07/09/2018 at 09:51, Forever Hearts said:

100% wasn't raining bud. I stood in the corner of the School End next to the main stand. 

?

3 hours ago, Gizmo said:

It would only ever be a negative from them as it rather puts to shame the outside of their main stand which looks like a provincial jail from 1990. 

FTFY.

1 hour ago, whodanny said:

FTFY.

Probably more fitting. 

4 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Thank yourself lucky (in so many ways) you ain't a hibby. Their mis-mash of unmatched stands, randomly scattered around the pitch, would drive you crazy. It looks like it was "designed" by a 6 year old playing Sim City for the first time. 

8 hours ago, Gizmo said:

How is it possible to be grown men and still display such pathetic levels of insecurity?

As stated before, it's the collapsing tenements I love.  Reminds me of 'Allo Allo.  The long distance duck.  The gateau in the chateau.  The collapsing tenements.

Let's not forget that the new stand, the new £1m pitch and FoH drives them all crazy.

On 07/09/2018 at 10:18, Junta said:

It was a nice day at the Aberdeen game IIRC. My only memory apart from being pumped was Robbo launching the ball at a Don's players face to get sent off.

I remember us being on a good run of form as well.

The one where Robbo was sent off was the season before - http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/199104131.html

Brian Irvine the deserved recipient of the ball in the face I think.

On 6 September 2018 at 23:29, Buffalo Bill said:

I also remember a temporary segregation fence we put up on the Gorgie Road terracing for a game v Aberdeen in Jan 1992 when we were top of the league under Joe Jordan, to allow more space for the home support. 

We lost 4-0. 

I remember a big article prior to this match about Paul Bernard(sp) who played for The sheep.

All about him being a big Hearts supporter.

Proceeded to help dismantle our title challenge that day. :( 

queensferryjambo
1 hour ago, upa1 said:

The one where Robbo was sent off was the season before - http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/199104131.html

Brian Irvine the deserved recipient of the ball in the face I think.

Irvine got away with murder that day.

No wonder Robbo lost his rag he got kicked up and down the park by Irvine and McKimmie then the final insult when Irvine was all over him and was still hacking at Robbo when he was going down. 

Irvine only got booked and Robbo got sent off shocking refereeing,

On ‎04‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 19:48, johnking123 said:

What we and the distillery need is the old school to suddenly burn down. Purchase a little bit more land from the Distillery fo future development.  

It's a category B-listed building so it can't be demolished. North British Distillery bought it and they maintain it.

6 minutes ago, steven_mck said:

It's a category B-listed building so it can't be demolished. North British Distillery bought it and they maintain it.

So was the old school building at Parkhead remember.

1 hour ago, steven_mck said:

Burning down part was important. I know it's listed.

2 hours ago, steven_mck said:

Only the bit at the front corner I believe. 

21 hours ago, YellowSub said:

So was the old school building at Parkhead remember.

Would need a lot of things to happen for it to be part of future redevelopment work. Don't think NBD are interested in selling or even the strip behind the Roseburn. Maintenance costs can't be cheap for a building that's lying empty though.

5 minutes ago, steven_mck said:

Would need a lot of things to happen for it to be part of future redevelopment work. Don't think NBD are interested in selling or even the strip behind the Roseburn. Maintenance costs can't be cheap for a building that's lying empty though.

Could go the same way as the old Barnton Hotel ie neglect it until the only option is demolition, then build flats on it.

1 hour ago, steven_mck said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/edinburgh-spends-250-000-to-maintain-empty-school-1-2952706

16 minutes ago, steven_mck said:

The council owned it before. Now it belongs to North British Distillery. It might eventually become derelict and get demolished.

Yes, I know I posted this link regarding how much money they were spending to maintain an empty building.

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 23:17, queensferryjambo said:

Irvine got away with murder that day.

No wonder Robbo lost his rag he got kicked up and down the park by Irvine and McKimmie then the final insult when Irvine was all over him and was still hacking at Robbo when he was going down. 

Irvine only got booked and Robbo got sent off shocking refereeing,

Pink strips!!!!   :jj_facepalm:

I know the fact the building is listed but imagine the revenue we could make for parking on a match day with a wee multi story car park.

2 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

I know the fact the building is listed but imagine the revenue we could make for parking on a match day with a wee multi story car park.

If that is an option in terms of planning consent I get the impression NBD would just do this themselves. Previous comments sugggest they want control of the land.

1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

If that is an option in terms of planning consent I get the impression NBD would just do this themselves. Previous comments sugggest they want control of the land.

Yeah very true. It's a shame such a space is just left to fall apart so close to our ground that we could possibly have use for.

8 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

The problem with that would be hundreds of cars exiting the car park after the game onto McLeod Street - the traffic jamb would be huge!

Notwithstanding that there would be no big demand for a multi-storey car park on non match days.

34 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The problem with that would be hundreds of cars exiting the car park after the game onto McLeod Street - the traffic jamb would be huge!

Notwithstanding that there would be no big demand for a multi-storey car park on non match days.

Oh yeah ?

Never really thought about that!

41 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Have you tried to park in MacLeod St during the week? Murder. 

On 15/09/2018 at 13:06, steven_mck said:

It can be demolished, it's just harder to get through the planning process.

12 minutes ago, davieholt said:

Have you tried to park in MacLeod St during the week? Murder. 

Our office is just round the corner so I know the area well. At present most of the parked cars belong to workmen at Tynecastle. My point is that apart from match days there are few businesses/shops/etc in the area that people would want to visit, and park their cars, in the numbers to make a multi-storey car park viable..

We could  and should diversify by investing in properties and businesses across edinburgh and the country with the FOH funds to generste sustainable additional revenue. A hotel for instance would work anywhere.. Proximity to Tynecastle isnt a must onlyba bonus.. 

I remeber reading many years ago how lyon owned a taxi company in the city and it generated a significant amoujt of addtional revenue for the club.. Not suggesting we buy a taxi company but thr point stands.. A hotel would be a great investment in Edinburgh 

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We could  and should diversify by investing in properties and businesses across edinburgh and the country with the FOH funds to generste sustainable additional revenue. A hotel for instance would work anywhere.. Proximity to Tynecastle isnt a must onlyba bonus.. 

I remeber reading many years ago how lyon owned a taxi company in the city and it generated a significant amoujt of addtional revenue for the club.. Not suggesting we buy a taxi company but thr point stands.. A hotel would be a great investment in Edinburgh 

Sounds good, but in reality this type of diversification can lead to major problems.  Hibs tried it back in the Duff days and they almost lost the Club - albeit that he was a crook!!!

8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Sounds good, but in reality this type of diversification can lead to major problems.  Hibs tried it back in the Duff days and they almost lost the Club - albeit that he was a crook!!!

Absolutely. Any new venture carries a risk. If we can find an opportunity that suits the club then it's worth exploring but opening a hotel for example is not guaranteed to generate a good return on investment.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Tynecastle Events Catering(?) is a good example of us trying to diversify the club. We need match day catering but that's only 25 gigs a year tops so why not take your brand out in to the wider world.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Barack said:

Brothels. The way forward. 

Entertain clientele in: The Heart Lounge, for example. Or, for the more discerning Gent...perhaps they'll like to visit The Fist Of Gorgie Suite...?

Discount for FoH and Season Ticket Holders? What do you get if you have a Premium season ticket for example

:sadrobbo:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Only the best, Sir. 

VIP treatment,  from two of the finest Jam Tarts.

Season Ticket Extra. Or Season Ticket Discounts, we could shorten that to STD eh?

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

I think a car park would be useful during week for delegates attending conferences and events at Tynecastle. Also training sessions, walking football, and people attending the club tours/store could use it. 

On match days the car park could be used for corporate guests and club staff. I assume these people would filter out the club after the masses have left and reduce congestion. 

We should not diversify beyond the football club with minor exceptions eg catering. 

How long do you think it takes to get a return on, say, building a hotel for a million pounds?  

You tie up capital for several years. 

What could we do with £1m today for the immediate benefit of the club vs several years for real payback. 

What competence do we have in these other areas?  How confident are we of getting it right?  We struggled with the new stand. 

Boost direct club revenues. Spend what you make on getting the best team on the park. 

That should be our only objectives. 

32 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Absolutely. Any new venture carries a risk. If we can find an opportunity that suits the club then it's worth exploring but opening a hotel for example is not guaranteed to generate a good return on investment.

A Monaco conman called Rolland and his wife sold Hibs/Duff clubs/pubs in England that 

were overpriced and making large losses. Duff and his brother in law were taken for mugs and 

Hibs looked right for a takeover but when Mercer finally managed to see the evidence in the 

accounts he withdrew his bit. If it wasn't for Tom Farmer hibs would of been liquidated. Hearts 

will have to be careful in the future that we don't get involved in ventures that look like they can

make the club easy money. Tynie school is B listed but is that only the main building and not the 

outlying buildings which should be protected because i went to Tynie and as we all know famous 

pupils have plaques erected. Mine reads

Mitch was here 1966 to 1969. 

Gorgie Rules Ya Bass

Edited by mitch41

2 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

1 hour ago, Dallas Green said:

Oh yeah ?

Never really thought about that!

Simple solution, make it a three tier multi story car park with and entrance and exit straight into the West Approach Road. Jobs a goodun ?

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Even worse than that he was a Lawyer.

On 15/09/2018 at 15:54, Stuart Lyon said:

SM - have a look at the school and you will see that NBD are definitely not maintaining it.

There was gypsies in there a few weeks ago, they has snapped the locks etc. And had set up camp right at the back.

Not sure if they where moved on or chose to move on their OWN accord.