New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

6 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

To use a horse analogy it's a like a thoroughbred compared to a Clydesdale.

In basic English, Easter Road stadium is a shitehouse, glued together by shite, played on by shite, watched by shite, and shat on by seagulls who use it as a shitehouse.

:fth:

If our players are in the form Jonno's in, St Mirren are on threshold of a nightmare.

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 16:26, SwindonJambo said:

Ta Thomaso. That footnote is a  classic and not a complete surprise. Councils are the same everywhere ;) 

I was well aware of the need to rush through planning and design at a rate of knots with the nursery issue but less so re the ridiculous speed of the actual construction itself. I made the trip North for what turned out to be the 1st home win in front of the new stand v Motherwell last December and sat in it. Though impressed and pleased, I was somewhat shocked at how rough round the edges it was in places. Nothing that can’t be remedied in the fullness of time though. Looking forward to my next trip up to see it again. Proud of it, we most certainly can be. 

To be fair the land purchase, planning, design AND construction all had to be completed at ridiculous speed to meet the completion date.

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 16:53, Bad Religion said:

image.png.d9c61cf930a1636187fc8b424d2a5eb1.png

Fantastic photo which shows the massive size of our new stand complex - £15m was a bargain!

On 31/08/2018 at 16:53, Bad Religion said:

image.png.d9c61cf930a1636187fc8b424d2a5eb1.png

You can also see clearly the retaining wall that was built round the ethanol tanks as part of the HSE requirements. 

3 minutes ago, farin said:

I can. ?

A69BC4F7-752D-47DC-8921-ACDBA8B0DA1C.jpeg.33f3a8ccfbf3f3e164d533d035a2be37.jpeg

...... it’s magic you know!! Floating roof!

one day it will come to pass - pull the Roseburn back - postition the corner ‘pylons’ externally for support and fill them in!!

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

...... it’s magic you know!! Floating roof!

one day it will come to pass - pull the Roseburn back - postition the corner ‘pylons’ externally for support and fill them in!!

Got a spare £15m - £20m??

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Once I win the Euro lottery it will happen. ?

Have you told the wife??

6 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Got a spare £15m - £20m??

We’ve just about paid off the last £15 million, so why not? ?

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, farin said:

Run that by me again bud ?. 

Haha, just a request for a daft picture. No need to take my question seriously 

8 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Surprised we haven't heard anything about the back of the other stands being cleaned up. Looks great.

Think they’re just concentrating on getting the main stand finished. 

rudi must stay
21 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Absolutely sure it'll happen after. Back of all the stands could do with a lick of paint and new signs

Edited by rudi must stay

You have to wonder what the HSE and North British Distillers' insurance company were thinking as far as ethanol leakage into Tynecastle Park and Tynecastle school was concerned prior to the planning permission submission for the new stand.

What we and the distillery need is the old school to suddenly burn down. Purchase a little bit more land from the Distillery fo future development.  

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

What we and the distillery need is the old school to suddenly burn down. Purchase a little bit more land from the Distillery fo future development.  

I don't see what more they can do to be honest. The Plaza is a great space that the club seems to have ideas for 

7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I don't see what more they can do to be honest. The Plaza is a great space that the club seems to have ideas for 

Its for if we want to make the roseburn and wheatfield stands bigger. We could do with a bigger footprint to make it happen. But that is a few years down the line. Better get the main finished first!

3 hours ago, Chaps said:

I was saying that it looks like the work HAS been done.

Good pics those Kila.  Hard to believe now that I was standing crushed among 45,000 or so fanatics on that terracing for some games.

Interesting that there are no ethanol tanks in that pic.  When were they erected?

4 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Don't say that i went to Tynie 66 to 69 and one day they'll have the main building named after me.:greggy:

13 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

In a perfect world the Roseburn would be pushed back, rebuilt and enlarged with the main and Wheatfield stands both made at least one section longer.

Obviously this would require school and distillery land plus considerable cash, but at the end, we would probably have the best 25-30k stadium in the world, a full size pitch and no restricted seats.

On 31/08/2018 at 23:36, jamtartan74 said:

Just for you smithee, albeit from the other side. 

32F4AA07-3967-4B89-A451-175E5B768C58.jpeg

Jeez, it's only seeing that photo the I realise how much smaller the old stand was.

6 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Jeez, it's only seeing that photo the I realise how much smaller the old stand was.

It’s crazy isn’t it, the new one is huge compared to the old one. 

Jambo, Goodbye
3 minutes ago, sac said:

Where are the plaza trees?

I'd assume very low down the priority list.

Either that or we're growing them ourselves :)

18 hours ago, Bez said:

We’ve just about paid off the last £15 million, so why not? ?

I'd rather we invest future money in the squad.

Can you still park behind Wheatfield stand and walk through to shop & ticket office. Been twice lately & nearly didn't bother as couldn't get parked. 

25 minutes ago, hoof.hearted said:

Can you still park behind Wheatfield stand and walk through to shop & ticket office. Been twice lately & nearly didn't bother as couldn't get parked. 

Don't think you can anymore but haven't tried. 

42 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I'd rather we invest future money in the squad.

I’m not convinced about that yet. Some of the insane OTT reactions amongst the fans towards certain players over the last couple of seasons makes me wary. I can only imagine how much worse the treatment of Goncalves would have been if the money to sign him had come from FoH payments, for example.

2 minutes ago, Bez said:

I’m not convinced about that yet. Some of the insane OTT reactions amongst the fans towards certain players over the last couple of seasons makes me wary. I can only imagine how much worse the treatment of Goncalves would have been if the money to sign him had come from FoH payments, for example.

You could say the same thing will happen when the fans take ownership of the Club through FoH.  That is a great development, and more money being available for the squad will be fantastic - some fans giving some players pelters does not change that fact.