New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

The Council inspectors are making regular visits to the stand, and are in close discussion with the Club on what needs to be completed to get a temporary occupation certificate.  Structural certificates, fire alarms, public address systems, emergency lighting, etc, have all been rubber stamped.

Night shifts are being worked and this will go to the wire.  It looks like a final Council inspection may be Friday.

Good stuff

Cheers

8 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

That wouldn't have sold the season tickets though!

But not right that they mislead us if that;s the case

The Future's Maroon
14 minutes ago, ExPatTam said:

Will the club face sanctions if the ground is not ready on time?

Check Hibs.net, apparently all the experts are on that site!

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The place is infested GK, I have just come to accept it.  Their obsession with us, our finances and our stand is bordering on creepy.

Noticing some of the FB groups are getting just as bad

If we postpone it we should expect some form off punishment. Id be pretty pissed off as an away fan is Celtic decided to cancel a game the day before because of poor planning. We all would. 

18 minutes ago, ExPatTam said:

Will the club face sanctions if the ground is not ready on time?

If the game does not go ahead it will be because of health and safety concerns - much like previous games up and down the country that have been postponed in the past due to ice on the walkways up to stadiums, or roofing that had become unsafe after strong winds.  In none of these scenarios was sanctions dished out.

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

If we postpone it we should expect some form off punishment. Id be pretty pissed off as an away fan is Celtic decided to cancel a game the day before because of poor planning. We all would. 

Naw - they just cancel games to play glamour money making friendlies!

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

What kind of punishment would you like - fine, points deduction, relegation, public flogging????

Brick Tamland
11 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Show your displeasure by boycotting every game at Tynecastle , that will teach them.

Or alternatively accept that building projects very rarely run on time and stop bitching your tits off.  Seriously man(?) you bleat on like a wee lassie who's dolly has lost an eye. Nobody is forcing you to go to Murrayfield or Tynecastle. And reading your posts, I think you'd be better off sitting in your house writing angry letters or sending monotonous questions to newspapers or the SFA or Hearts or anyone else that rips your knitting.

Regarding your whinge about it's no fair on season ticket holders - I'm a season ticket holder, I actually pay for 3 as my sons go along with me, and whilst I want to be at Tynecastle watching my team, I purchased my season tickets to support the club and watch my team wherever we ended up playing. 

Now stop bleating on, support the club, stop asking inane questions or **** off until the stand is built and open.

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

If the game does not go ahead it will be because of health and safety concerns - much like previous games up and down the country that have been postponed in the past due to ice on the walkways up to stadiums, or roofing that had become unsafe after strong winds.  In none of these scenarios was sanctions dished out.

I think if you don’t actually have a stadium, sanctions will (quite rightly imo) be imposed.

17 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I bought a ST to see the Hearts and that is what I'm getting.

As are you.

I'm only interested in the clubs best interests and if being bullish with the opening date of the new stand sold a few extra STs  then I'm delighted.

In  what way are you not getting what you paid for ?

1 minute ago, bobskeldon said:

I think if you don’t actually have a stadium, sanctions will (quite rightly imo) be imposed.

Oh "quite rightly" is it???    Who needs the Lochend Bitters to stick the knife in our back when we have our own fans (?) doing a great job of that on here!!!

6 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Maybe pay back all the fundraising you did if you want the club punished. 

I think stupidity has always been around. But wanting your club punshed? 

Not a supporter. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Confused by the notion that someone wouldn’t buy a season ticket based on being at Murrayfield longer and the club somehow misled fans.they embarked on an ambitious project and were clear aboutbtytvesrly on.  I buy a ST to support my team. Could play in a puddle for all I care 

4 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Absolutely.  We will rightly be absolutely hammered if we cannot play the game. We can play the game though and we could be forced to play in front of 3 stands or forfeit the points.

Just now, JamboAl1965 said:

Confused by the notion that someone wouldn’t buy a season ticket based on being at Murrayfield longer and the club somehow misled fans.they embarked on an ambitious project and were clear aboutbtytvesrly on.  I buy a ST to support my team. Could play in a puddle for all I care 

Think people are upset at results on park

Want everything given to them 

1 minute ago, U.S Maroon said:

Absolutely.  We will rightly be absolutely hammered if we cannot play the game. We can play the game though and we could be forced to play in front of 3 stands or forfeit the points.

:orly?:

Just now, U.S Maroon said:

You want Hearts to be punished? 

To help Hibs and others? 

1 minute ago, U.S Maroon said:

Irrelevant point. The Roseburn is not ready either. 

13 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I had a quick scan through the SPFL rules in relation to this. 

From my reading the worst we could expect under paragraph G48, are that if we are found to not be able to fulfill the fixture and could have reasonably forseen that, we would be liable to pay expenses to the opposition club for any expenses they have incurred. 

I could have missed something but I don't think there are any further punishments outlined. 

2 minutes ago, U.S Maroon said:

Cut and paste from Bitters.net

Just now, Manny1874 said:

From my reading the worst we could expect under paragraph G48, are that if we are found to not be able to fulfill the fixture and could have reasonably forseen that, we would be liable to pay expenses to the opposition club for any expenses they have incurred. 

I could have missed something but I don't think there are any further punishments outlined. 

Which would be a reasonable thing to do

The Future's Maroon

In before the lock, four square go's, three bans and 51 warning points.....oh, shoot, not this thread turning negative and argumentative! ?

4 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

**** sake I've heard it all now.

What happened to sticking by your club?

The club gets enough grief from SFA/SPFL without you traitors encouraging them.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mrs Budge is at this moment wishing she had just left auld Bertie in place and saved herself the hassle.

Only thing is when the fans eventually take over we would have had to build a new stand anyway and probably NOT at Tynecastle.

1 minute ago, Manny1874 said:

That will be a massive disappointment to some roasters ....eh posters on here!!

1 minute ago, bam95 said:

Irrelevant point. The Roseburn is not ready either. 

Well however many stands are deemed ready then.  It would be the clubs mistake if we are not ready and, as with any other club, we will have to face the consequences.

Brick Tamland
3 minutes ago, U.S Maroon said:

FFS

:vrface:

Did we ever consider the option of playing in front of 3 stands?  Other teams have done it in the past.  I'm guessing getting all season ticket holders in would have been the main stumbling block.

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You want Hearts to be punished? 

To help Hibs and others? 

I dont want us to be punished. However it should be no surprise to anyone if we are. 

Quick Google of the SPFL rules:

Postponement and Abandonment of Matches

G43 No League Match or Play-Off Match shall be postponed except on the instructions of the appointed Referee or pitch inspector or by the Board

G44 If a League Match or Play-Off Match is postponed other than by the Board, such postponement shall be reported as soon as reasonably practicable to the Secretary by the Referee concerned and, where it has been postponed with the consent of the Board, it shall be the duty of the Home Club to immediately notify the appointed Match Officials of such postponement.

G45 In the event of any League Match or Play-Off Match not being played or abandoned or being ordered to be played or replayed, it shall be played on a date and at a time as determined by the Board. Non-fulfilment of Fixture Obligations

G46 No Club shall, unless the circumstances of the failure are outside the control of the Club concerned and could not have been reasonably foreseen and reasonably anticipated and remedied prior to the match, fail to fulfil its fixture obligations in respect of any League Match or Play-Off Match on and at the appointed or, as the case may be, rescheduled date, time and venue.

G47 For the purposes of Rules G5 and G46 a representation by a Club that it will not or intends not to fulfil a fixture obligation or that it will do so only subject to a condition or conditions which are or are found to be unacceptable to the Board shall be deemed to be in breach of Rule G5 notwithstanding that the Board has or may have rescheduled or later reschedules the match concerned.

G48 Without prejudice to any other sanctions, which may be imposed for a breach of Rules, a Club failing to fulfil a fixture obligation in terms of Rules G5 and/or G46 shall be liable to pay compensation for any expenses necessarily incurred by the opposing Club as a direct result of the failure. The amount of such compensation will be at the discretion of the Board which will consider every such case on its merits.

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

**** sake I've heard it all now.

What happened to sticking by your club?

The club gets enough grief from SFA/SPFL without you traitors encouraging them.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mrs Budge is at this moment wishing she had just left auld Bertie in place and saved herself the hassle.

Only thing is when the fans eventually take over we would have had to build a new stand anyway and probably NOT at Tynecastle.

Well said mate!

I heard it from a very good source today that Mrs Budge is getting more than a bit disenchanted with the ongoing flack she is getting over the new stand from all quarters - including Hearts fans!!

On a positive note... my H*** supporting pal is working in the new stand. He admits it is "pretty decent" inside. It pains him to say that. 

Its going to be brilliant. 

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Cut and paste from Bitters.net

Get a grip.  Standard response from the apologists on here who think the club can do no wrong.

5 minutes ago, U.S Maroon said:

Well however many stands are deemed ready then.  It would be the clubs mistake if we are not ready and, as with any other club, we will have to face the consequences.

The only consequence is changing the training routine to accommodate a midweek game. Something most players prefer. 

And possibly more income from hospitality with more notice.  

Edited by Mikey1874

Got your hangman's noose at the ready have we?

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

The only consequence is changing the training routine to accommodate a midweek game. Something nost players prefer. 

And possibly more income from hospitality with more notice.  

Mid week games normally produce less hospitality income. 

I dont want us to be punished. However it should be no surprise to anyone if we are. 

You are someone else that doesn't pay attention. The SPFL have been involved all along and are very supportive. Hearts will be making the suitable arrangements. 

"We will rightly be absolutely hammered" you said.  That sounded more like a personal wish than an outcome!

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You are someone else that doesn't pay attention. The SPFL have been involved all along and are very supportive. Hearts will be making the suitable arrangements. 

They have been.  Support and goodwill will only go so far though.  

If it was any other club, I would be thinking they are taking the piss by now.   

Edited by Paolo

6 minutes ago, U.S Maroon said:

Get a grip.  Standard response from the apologists on here who think the club can do no wrong.

And your a REAL fan are you - a REAL Hearts fan that is?????

3 minutes ago, Paolo said:

They have been.  Support and goodwill will only go so far though.  

If it was any other club, I would be thinking they are taking the piss by now.   

Is it bad results affecting your support for the club? 

I know you don't understand building projects. 

9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Well said mate!

I heard it from a very good source today that Mrs Budge is getting more than a bit disenchanted with the ongoing flack she is getting over the new stand from all quarters - including Hearts fans!!

Thats shocking, some people should be ashamed of themselves.

If the stand opens Sunday, great, if it postponed, it no big deal. Some people need to look at the bigger picture.

I know I will also be greatful to Ann Budge. The fact she is getting any grief beggars belief.

Edited by ellie0028