New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

I got the opportunity to walk out into the stadium tonight and have a walk around.  I have to say walking out and around the stadium was a great feeling, feels and looks amazing.  

2 hours ago, BigC said:

Are those just cardboard boxes or is that the surround for the directors box?

Yea was wondering that, hopefully it is for the directors box or the pen for the media.

3 hours ago, BigC said:

Are those just cardboard boxes or is that the surround for the directors box?

Looks to me like the boxes that the seats are in.

9 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

There you go....

31D9E34D-6411-458D-BA4D-580D96F6260C.jpeg

That's the money shot right there - looking fantastic!!

Unrelated - but do we know why the last bit of roof cladding has been left off this long? I'm guessing maybe something to do with access for crane booms or something?

Selkirkhmfc1874
24 minutes ago, Erik said:

That's the money shot right there - looking fantastic!!

Unrelated - but do we know why the last bit of roof cladding has been left off this long? I'm guessing maybe something to do with access for crane booms or something?

Thats exactly reason but should be finished by end of today 

According to this report, it's not the fact the safety certificate would be in question, it's simply the fact the stand won't be ready in time that would lead to a postponement:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1834887/hearts-tynecastle-new-stand-off-partick-thistle/

As others have suggested, a fine would seem the most likely option in this event rather than docked points. I'd imagine it would cause too much of a headache for the league to start messing about with points, especially with clubs alongside Thistle likely to object to them being awarded three points which would lift them clear of the play-off spot.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Mellor said:

According to this report, it's not the fact the safety certificate would be in question, it's simply the fact the stand won't be ready in time that would lead to a postponement:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1834887/hearts-tynecastle-new-stand-off-partick-thistle/

As others have suggested, a fine would seem the most likely option in this event rather than docked points. I'd imagine it would cause too much of a headache for the league to start messing about with points, especially with clubs alongside Thistle likely to object to them being awarded three points which would lift them clear of the play-off spot.

You keep that vermin wet dream going until Sunday.

2 minutes ago, Mellor said:

IMG_1496.GIF

14 minutes ago, Mellor said:

Keep clinging on to that......

“It’s believed the council will grant a safety certificate for the stand, but there have been further delays with other works.”

Edited by Jamboelite

Selkirkhmfc1874
10 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Keep clinging on to that......

“It’s believed the council will grant a safety certificate for the stand, but there have been further delays with other works.”

Press reporting the obvious , off course we not gonna get safety certificate until all seats in and rest of barriers etc done but once cladding finished today all that will be in by end of week

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Press boxes right behind dugouts

Slight bugbear of mine, I think they're a bit of an eyesore that low down in the stand; would liked to have seen them put at the very top but I understand the logistics.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Slight bugbear of mine, I think they're a bit of an eyesore that low down in the stand; would liked to have seen them put at the very top but I understand the logistics.

Good where they are so when it raining they can get good old soaking 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bill said:

A bit of an eyesore is an total understatement .whoever thought they looked good there needs shot .

17 minutes ago, scabber said:

A bit of an eyesore is an total understatement .whoever thought they looked good there needs shot .

Bit of an overreaction no?

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, scabber said:

Harsh punishment.

31 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Good where they are so when it raining they can get good old soaking 

I'm sure the press will be delighted to get their fancy macbooks and laptops and whatever else soaked........

You can imagine the stories which will come out the back of the first downpour already.

35 minutes ago, scabber said:

Not like you to overreact....

Would like to see the front of those press desks wrapped in maroon vinyl, with Hearts badges on them. Reckon it would look good on TV. 

Other than that I'm afraid I've no strong views on their positioning, but if I was backed into a corner, I'd probably advocating not shooting anyone??

27 minutes ago, Erik said:

I'm sure the press will be delighted to get their fancy macbooks and laptops and whatever else soaked........

You can imagine the stories which will come out the back of the first downpour already.

You can almost guarantee this will be a story to ridicule us in the future.

I was surprised to see the press boxes so low down. Great view for them but when the rain comes along with that westerly wind, I wouldn't fancy sitting there. :lol:

1 hour ago, scabber said:

They are there so the press have access to the exits, absolutely understandable.

If we let fans design this stand it would be the shittest thing on earth.

Just now, Armageddon said:

They are there so the press have access to the exits, absolutely understandable.

If we let fans design this stand it would be the shittest thing on earth.

latest?cb=20090908145331 

1 hour ago, Mellor said:

Some of your mates over the road are still under the impression that we are planning on having the entire project complete by Sunday.

53 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

?? Ok will think of some lesser punishment but punishment is deserved

1 hour ago, Jamboelite said:

I think I read somewhere the architect of Pyongyangs new airport was executed by Kim yuong un because he didn't like the look of it .so maybe not ?

Edited by scabber

52 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Would like to see the front of those press desks wrapped in maroon vinyl, with Hearts badges on them. Reckon it would look good on TV. 

Other than that I'm afraid I've no strong views on their positioning, but if I was backed into a corner, I'd probably advocating not shooting anyone??

This seems like a sensible opinion ?

1 hour ago, Mr Sifter said:

I agree: that would make them look much better and fit in more.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

I agree: that would make them look much better and fit in more.

They are boxes the seats are in. Not desks.

51 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

You can almost guarantee this will be a story to ridicule us in the future.

I was surprised to see the press boxes so low down. Great view for them but when the rain comes along with that westerly wind, I wouldn't fancy sitting there. :lol:

They are in almost exactly the same location as the old press area, but obviously the roof is completely different and they WILL get soaked. :rain:

4 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

They are in almost exactly the same location as the old press area, but obviously the roof is completely different and they WILL get soaked. :rain:

You would like to think they would have tested such a scenario with computer modelling....?

To the untrained eye, I agree, it does look like they will get wet in that area. Bear in mind, this is where our own Hearts TV equipment will be located too. 

Can't post a link but the hatred and bitterness on the Hibs.nut thread is exquisite. 

The closer we get to completion the more frenzied it becomes. The last half dozen pages or so are a hoot: point deductions, accusations of legal impropriety, cheating, a sane Hibby being shouted down for pointing out the obsession and, of course, the creditors list comfort blanket has a cameo.

Highly recommend a peek if you haven't had your daily laugh yet.

2 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

EEN say we will request to postpone the game if it's not ready

Something we've known for weeks.

I wonder if Hearts will come out and say anything. 

I would imagine that PT will want to keep their fans informed, so they will probably have to say something.

Hooefully it's along the lines of "we are still more than 95% confident that the game will go ahead, we just can't make any concrete assurances, but it would take a major unforeseen issue to stop it".

That does seem to be the case judging from the ITK posters, even although the press are making an issue of it today. 

7 minutes ago, martoon said:

Can't post a link but the hatred and bitterness on the Hibs.nut thread is exquisite. 

The closer we get to completion the more frenzied it becomes. The last half dozen pages or so are a hoot: point deductions, accusations of legal impropriety, cheating, a sane Hibby being shouted down for pointing out the obsession and, of course, the creditors list comfort blanket has a cameo.

Highly recommend a peek if you haven't had your daily laugh yet.

The missing piece of the jigsaw is going back to dominating those ****ers again.

When that happens the seethe will hit new levels never seen before.

19 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

They are boxes the seats are in. Not desks.

No, the cardboard boxes are on the concourse above row 10. The media desks (that I'm talking about)  are above the dugouts.

4 minutes ago, BigC said:

Something we've known for weeks.

I wonder if Hearts will come out and say anything. 

I would imagine that PT will want to keep their fans informed, so they will probably have to say something.

Hooefully it's along the lines of "we are still more than 95% confident that the game will go ahead, we just can't make any concrete assurances, but it would take a major unforeseen issue to stop it".

That does seem to be the case judging from the ITK posters, even although the press are making an issue of it today. 

It was always going to go down to the wire. It's the Hearts way!

Hagar the Horrible
2 hours ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Would have been better puting them in the restricted view behind the control box, they make up their own shit in anycase

2 hours ago, Mellor said:

Look everybody hahahahahahahahahahahaha

24 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

EEN say we will request to postpone the game if it's not ready

Hope they make a decision sooner rather than later.

As need to make plans and travel arrangements for that day.

have they said when they will hope to let us know by?

2 hours ago, scabber said:

From an understatement to an overstatement in one breath! :D 

8 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Hope they make a decision sooner rather than later.

As need to make plans and travel arrangements for that day.

have they said when they will hope to let us know by?

We have played many times on a Sunday before, travel plans should be in place long  before now. Your really are at it. Sad person that you  are.

If and it's a big if!! it's not ready for Sunday then so be it . The SFA can do what they want I'm  sure AB will be keeping them updated on the progress,as for that  rag I would not believe a  single thing they come out with anybody that buys that sh*t should have a word with themselves. HHGH.

Edited by micole

9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

We have played many times on a Sunday before, travel plans should be in place long  before now. Your really are at it. Sad person that you  are.

eh expected better from you.

I'm actually staying with a friend who lives further away so need to plan ahead and my friend was also planning to come along too so needs to plan ahead. 

So stop with the accusations without knowing the facts.

And maybe some of us (and I'm sure there are plenty) would like to make other plans if we know the game isn't on, and would like some notice!

11 minutes ago, micole said:

If and it's a big if!! it's not ready for Sunday then so be it . The SFA can do what they want I'm  sure AB will be keeping them updated on the progress,as for that  rag I would not believe a  single thing they come out with anybody that buys that sh*t should have a word with themselves. HHGH.

Again, it's poor planning though, and not been good at managing expectations.