New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Lights on. cladding almost done. emergency exit like done. Seats go in very quickly as we have seen. apparently toilets are in. 

What is left that needs to be done?

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

We were clearly fed a line when the seats not being ordered was the excuse.

I agree as looking at the new stairs and turnstiles at the school end it strikes me that the seats being delayed has been used as a "smoke screen" . Even if the seats had arrived in plenty of time other works were nowhere near ready for the Kilmarnock game.

I think that the club have not been realistic in the timeframe for this build and in "hind sight" would do it differently next time. However there is unlikely to be a next time so the current custodians at the club have made a pretty large error of judgement.

3 minutes ago, IMac said:

Lights on. cladding almost done. emergency exit like done. Seats go in very quickly as we have seen. apparently toilets are in. 

Send the counselling team around to the pant wetters who are panicking and or trolling on here.

Doesn't look like there is that much to do, steps in place for emergency use all seats in place. The cladding will be in place by today and we also know judging by last nights switch on the electricity is ready to go.  Some tarmac and fencing required which will be easily achievable by the end of the week. Have seen projects go to the wire but I am willing to wager the Hearts will confirm by Thursday at the latest we are good to go.

Don't mention the emergency lighting because it is probably already in place and if not could be done in a day as the hospitality suite areas are still not ready for use so it isn't required there just yet.

The club are also still selling tickets for Sunday which they wouldn't do if the game was in doubt.

5 minutes ago, IMac said:

They wouldn’t have called on the council to issue a safety certificate if it was likely to be rejected, chances are it’s small issues affecting the granting of the certificate (walkways, signage etc.)   Club has to cover all bases, at the moment it’s a non story until the club announces otherwise

August Landmesser
23 minutes ago, black stump said:

all that article says is that the game will be called off IF the ground isn't ready...

no shit Sherlock!

a bit embarrassing but hey...

It's like saying 'if my house goes on fire, I'll call the fire brigade'

Some folk on here would then jump on me screaming 'HE'S GONNA SET HIS HOUSE ON FIRE! WHAT A FARCE! BOOOOO!'

Francis Albert
16 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

The rise of the enemy from within: greeting-faced knicker twisters. If you can't deal with the not knowing just make a decision not to come to the match on Sunday and be done with it. You've got other things to do – do them! There are enough difficulties and challenges in life without creating more stresses for yourself. I can't be bothered with people who home-in on problems. If the new stand being constructed gives you anxiety, pay less attention to it: make a decision to not go to Tynecastle until the dust has settled. Do everyone a favour. 

If people take your advice wouldn't it just mean lower crowds, less money and a bigger funding gap (or less money for the playing side?).

As it is I think we could have sold at least a few hundred more tickets for the opening of the new stand if we had set a date and met it.

But its not ruining my life. As I've said off on holiday on Sunday.

The "enemy within"?

As opposed to the Pollyanas within?

Edited by Francis Albert

28 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

How have you not been emptied yet?

That's what I wonder every time I see one of his posts. It's more obvious that he's a hibs fan than it is that I'veSeenTheLight is an Aberdeen fan!

16 minutes ago, PRENTICE CROSSES said:

No safety certificate granted.Council will look again later in week,if not granted game kaput.

where did you hear this?

19 minutes ago, Tott said:

Latest pics from  FB Hearts  Main stand group23518848_1967285193543275_50181141940773

23473262_1967285213543273_48019261359830

23622098_1967285190209942_78866883685297

The bottom pick, are they the away turnstyles? How’s segregation gonna work on Sunday? Temporary barriers or something?  

19 minutes ago, PRENTICE CROSSES said:

No safety certificate granted.Council will look again later in week,if not granted game kaput.

In other news, rain is wet and grass is green!

4 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

That's what I wonder every time I see one of his posts. It's more obvious that he's a hibs fan than it is that I'veSeenTheLight is an Aberdeen fan!

The place is infested but they are so dumb.  They think they are being all cute and funny with their infestation on here but the more they sign up means the more money for the forum.  They literally spend their existence nowadays obsessing over us.  Sad acts to a man.

Edited by i8hibsh

2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

They are boxes the seats are in. Not desks.

They are desk tops on pedestals with fixed bucket seats behind.

18 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It really is a hugely impressive stand and Tynecastle Park is something for us all to be very very proud of.

I8 in talking sense shocker!!!  ;)

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If people take your advice wouldn't it just mean lower crowds, less money and a bigger funding gap (or less money for the playing side?).

As it is I think we could have sold at least a few hundred more tickets for the opening of the new stand if we had set a date and met it.

The "enemy within"?

I've enjoyed a couple of your posts recently.

Glad this isn't ruining your life – enjoy your holiday.

Just now, FarmerTweedy said:

I8 in talking sense shocker!!!  ;)

Has happened once before.  I believe it was the 4th August 2010.

4 hours ago, Erik said:

I'm sure the press will be delighted to get their fancy macbooks and laptops and whatever else soaked........

You can imagine the stories which will come out the back of the first downpour already.

Unlike the other stands the new stand roof has an overhanging front edge which should help shed the water - not the blown in stuff though!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The "enemy within"?

I'll take Bryan Jacksons opinion every day of the week thanks

6 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The bottom pick, are they the away turnstyles? How’s segregation gonna work on Sunday? Temporary barriers or something?  

No...  The pic only shows turnstiles going in to the end of the Main Stand.  I'm sure there would be a fence erected, whether temporary or permanent to segregate crowds.

1 minute ago, Jambo83 said:

No...  The pic only shows turnstiles going in to the end of the Main Stand.  I'm sure there would be a fence erected, whether temporary or permanent to segregate crowds.

So do we know the plans for Sunday? It might just be the picture but there doesn’t seem to be any segregation between home and away fans for entering the stand? 

59 minutes ago, Mellor said:

The Scottish Sun may well be taking a punt on unofficial feedback, but the Evening News will not have run this story without the nod from Hearts. They rely too much on their goodwill to keep circulation at a sustainable level:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-to-request-partick-thistle-call-off-if-tynecastle-is-not-ready-1-4612751

Not as subtle as you obviously believe yourself to be.

50 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

So why have Hearts not told the fans first?  Surely that would have been better than reading in the papers.

I think it is quite poor to be honest!

Exactly.  The whole thing is a farce now.

And you keep feeding it.

siegementality
11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The "enemy within"?

It strikes me that you really enjoy being the centre of attention for all things negative. I remember when you used to post decent stuff. Regrettably, it looks like those days are gone and you are just taking a pop at all things Hearts. We’ve all had our moments when we’ve been hacked off with what’s went on at the club, but the love of the club is what gets us through those. Looks like you’ve lost that loving feeling, ooooh, ooooh, that loving feeling!

2 hours ago, Rab87 said:

You would like to think they would have tested such a scenario with computer modelling....?

To the untrained eye, I agree, it does look like they will get wet in that area. Bear in mind, this is where our own Hearts TV equipment will be located too. 

Disappointing we haven't used this opportunity to get a better vantage point for hearts tv

Really hope Hibs, Celtic or Rangers fans rip up some seats in section M as we could do with them replacing some of them as they are still weathered.

19 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

where did you hear this?

No where, we arent going to get a safety certificate when the Roseburn end isnt finished.

****ing idiots and trolls are out in force I see.

Whilst if the ground is not ready means the game won’t be played is not exactly rocket science, a decision needs to made very soon. 

Police, stewards and catering needs booked, and there would be a cost to cancel last minute.  Many fan wanting be be there for the opening will want to know if they will have to make travel arrangements. 

For Partick’s sake too, they need to know as early as possible, at least out of courtesy, since they have beeen very accommodating to us.

We complain when TV moves games at the last minute.   We must do our best to avoid the same by making a decision as early as possible.    

For me, if there is a risk we won’t make it, we should be asking for a postponement today or tomorrow at the very latest. 

Edited by Paolo

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Mellor said:

The Scottish Sun may well be taking a punt on unofficial feedback, but the Evening News will not have run this story without the nod from Hearts. They rely too much on their goodwill to keep circulation at a sustainable level:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-to-request-partick-thistle-call-off-if-tynecastle-is-not-ready-1-4612751

Keep trying.

2 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Whilst if the ground is not ready means the game won’t be played is not exactly rocket science, a decision needs to made very soon. 

Police, stewards anc catering needs booked, and there would be a cost to cancel last minute.  Many fan wanting be be there for the opening will want oto, if will have made travel arrangements.  

For Partick’s sane too, they need to know as early as possible, at least out of courtesy, since they have beeen very accommodating to us.

We complain when TV moves games at the last minute.   We must do our best to avoid the same by making a decision as early as possible.    

For me, if there is a risk we won’t make it, we should be asking for a postponement today or tomorrow at the very latest. 

Thank you - well said!

i know I'm not the only one who wants to be able to plan ahead

1 hour ago, Mellor said:

:orly?:

The Evening Hibee you mean!

23 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

There is a lot of fallen leaves on the plaza ground - who is gonna be doing the gardening?

And will they quote per leaf?

44 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I agree as looking at the new stairs and turnstiles at the school end it strikes me that the seats being delayed has been used as a "smoke screen" . Even if the seats had arrived in plenty of time other works were nowhere near ready for the Kilmarnock game.

I think that the club have not been realistic in the timeframe for this build and in "hind sight" would do it differently next time. However there is unlikely to be a next time so the current custodians at the club have made a pretty large error of judgement.

The "current custodians" are also building us a fabulous new stand that many Hearts fans could only dream of!!

Just now, Dalstonjambo said:

And will they quote per leaf?

I believe it is 40p a leaf.  Gotta be at least 1,000 on the ground.

8 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Thank you - well said!

i know I'm not the only one who wants to be able to plan ahead

Where exactly are you travelling from which requires such in depth 'planning'?!

You're either going to be going to the football, or you're not. That's the only two outcomes.

If you're going, you can plan a trip from Hamilton to Edinburgh with all but zero notice.

If the game doesn't go ahead, you fall back on your plan for other things.

I'm not sure its quite the drama you're making it out to be in honesty. I get that its nice to know what you're doing an whatnot, but this 'I MUST MAKE PLANS - I NEED TO KNOW' thing doesn't really apply when you're only coming an hour along the motorway.

You're making it sound like someones asking you to plan a round the world trip in 48 hours or something.

57 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

The rise of the enemy from within: greeting-faced knicker twisters. If you can't deal with the not knowing just make a decision not to come to the match on Sunday and be done with it. You've got other things to do – do them! There are enough difficulties and challenges in life without creating more stresses for yourself. I can't be bothered with people who home-in on problems. If the new stand being constructed gives you anxiety, pay less attention to it: make a decision to not go to Tynecastle until the dust has settled. Do everyone a favour. 

I would be much happier if they did us a real favour and stayed away altogether.

Latest pics look good - it’s all coming together. 

Right now now it’s looking like a lot of small/medium jobs (eg. The lettering above turnstyles) being worked on. The list of requirements for opening up on Sunday will be rapidly whittled down. 

Im predicting safety cert issued Friday 5pm.

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I believe it is 40p a leaf.  Gotta be at least 1,000 on the ground.

Still cheaper than that quote you constructed for the windows then!