New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

A_A wehatethehibs

I believe there is a technical term for this, when a large scale project reaches the last 72 hours till a hard deadline - "squeaky bum time". Almost there!

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Press boxes right behind dugouts

Three rows of seats between the dug outs and press desks, which are slightly further forward than the old row of press desks in front of the old Directors Box. It's no big deal but would have preferred them further back in a less prominent and prime position and certainly hope the desks will in time be covered with maroon vinyl or even just paint. Overall though the pitch side view is looking as good as if not better than I always expected. The stand looks more imposing than the Wheatfield and dug outs,  press box directors box and tunnel all make it very obviously the main stand.

53 minutes ago, martoon said:

Can't post a link but the hatred and bitterness on the Hibs.nut thread is exquisite. 

The closer we get to completion the more frenzied it becomes. The last half dozen pages or so are a hoot: point deductions, accusations of legal impropriety, cheating, a sane Hibby being shouted down for pointing out the obsession and, of course, the creditors list comfort blanket has a cameo.

Highly recommend a peek if you haven't had your daily laugh yet.

Bitterness eats the soul. They may currently be above us in the league but they're losers.  Taking more interest in our stand being late and rubbing their hands at the prospect of possible penalties than in their own quite decent team tells you everything you need to know about them.

17 minutes ago, micole said:

If and it's a big if!! it's not ready for Sunday then so be it . The SFA can do what they want I'm  sure AB will be keeping them updated on the progress,as for that  rag I would not believe a  single thing they come out with anybody that buys that sh*t should have a word with themselves. HHGH.

People were saying it was a 'big if' before the last game too - so what makes you think this is different?

Francis Albert

Fortunately or otherwise I had booked a holiday starting Sunday so have not booked flights and accommodation for the game. But I have some sympathy with those who have made or need to make travel plans. Over two months after the initial planned opening, to still not know 5 days before doesn't seem an example of great planning or execution.

Edited by Francis Albert

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Fortunately or otherwise I had booked a holiday starting Sunday so have not booked flights and accommodation for the game. But I have some sympathy with those who have made or need to make travel plans. Over two months after the initial planned opening, to still not know 5 days before doesn't seem an example of great planning or execution.

exactly.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat.

Francis Albert
Just now, hughesie27 said:

We were clearly fed a line when the seats not being ordered was the excuse.

Not so sure, The case has been made that we took advantage of the seats ****** up to reschedule work to advance other areas more quickly and make bringing in equipment for the "back of stand" facilities easier (who knows maybe even cheaper!)

But the plan however rescheduled should have been robust enough to ensure we could be sure of meeting the new deadline.

14 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

eh expected better from you.

I'm actually staying with a friend who lives further away so need to plan ahead and my friend was also planning to come along too so needs to plan ahead. 

So stop with the accusations without knowing the facts.

And maybe some of us (and I'm sure there are plenty) would like to make other plans if we know the game isn't on, and would like some notice!

You poor flower xx

9 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

People were saying it was a 'big if' before the last game too - so what makes you think this is different?

Because 2 weeks have passed since then and it's obvious we're much closer to completion now 

GorgieBoysAreInTown

The mad rush isn’t ideal, having just passed I think health and safety might knock us back for Sunday. It’s going to be a thing of beauty regardless so it’ll be ready when it’s ready.

next March/April is when we will really see how good it is.

5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You poor flower xx

again - stop being rude!

I know of several others who will be annoyed with the uncertainty (yet again) and maybe people want to make other plans if the game isn't on!

Just now, GorgieBoysAreInTown said:

The mad rush isn’t ideal, having just passed I think health and safety might knock us back for Sunday. It’s going to be a thing of beauty regardless so it’ll be ready when it’s ready.

next March/April is when we will really see how good it is.

But surely expectations of it being ready in September were far too optimistic and unrealistic.  I don't think it was fair on fans who pay good money for season tickets

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

again - stop being rude!

I know of several others who will be annoyed with the uncertainty (yet again) and maybe people want to make other plans if the game isn't on!

Sorry. Didn't realise it was a special friend.

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

1 minute ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

But surely expectations of it being ready in September were far too optimistic and unrealistic.  I don't think it was fair on fans who pay good money for season tickets

You still get to see Hearts. 

3 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

What a joke of a football club!

But they have made a decent comeback albeit its unclear if they can sustain it

Was that they're low point? Another 2 years of decline. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Are you implying the club has done this on purpose?

GorgieBoysAreInTown

Yeah i agree re. season tickets. If we can get it open for Sunday.. then we can sit back and smile and watch the finishing touches unfold. As well as attending the many home games coming up.

5 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Would you like to borrow my handkerchief?

21 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

It makes no difference it will be ready when it is, although I would say we have moved on a pace since the Killie game so I am confident however I'm not getting my knickers in a twist if it ain't

It's amazing how a couple of press reports confirming what we already knew can turn half the people on this thread in to a bunch of loons, willing to argue with anyone. 

3 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Are you implying the club has done this on purpose?

Not on purpose no... but think they could have been more realistic with expectations from the start.  I don't enjoy watching the football at Murrayfield... and getting fed up with the last min decisions on whether Tynecastle is ready or not

1 minute ago, BigC said:

It's amazing how a couple of press reports confirming what we already knew can turn half the people on this thread in to a bunch of loons, willing to argue with anyone. 

where are the journalists getting this information from?

Surely it would be better for the club to let us fans know first, what the latest possible outcomes are, without having to read it in the news.,

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Surely it would be better for the club to let us fans know first, what the latest possible outcomes are, without having to read it in the news.,

I think it is most likely they are just making it up. What they have "reported" is obvious to anyone who looked at the photos on JKB.

But it is odd that some seem to object in a near 600 page thread to expressions of concern and disappointment that we don't know if it will be ready 5 days before the third opening date,

Edited by Francis Albert

4 minutes ago, BigC said:

Yes and imagine what they will be like when we achieve Fan ownership and we have one or two not-so-good results !!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I think it is most likely they are just making it up. What they have "reported" is obvious to anyone who looked at the photos on JKB.

But it is odd that some seem to object in a near 600 page thread to expressions of concern and disappointment that we don't know if it will be ready 5 days before the third opening date,

Exactly...

It is ok to be annoyed with this - doesn't make anyone less of a Hearts fan.  I just think it is poor planning and management of expectations

9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The Scottish Sun may well be taking a punt on unofficial feedback, but the Evening News will not have run this story without the nod from Hearts. They rely too much on their goodwill to keep circulation at a sustainable level:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-to-request-partick-thistle-call-off-if-tynecastle-is-not-ready-1-4612751

15 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Some of the reports mentioned that they were keeping PT updated so probably came from there, but it's common knowledge that the safety certificate has not been issued, but inspectors have been on site and will be back later in the week.

A lot of news stories these days is simply information that's already in the public domain, but not known by the majority of people.

Edited by BigC

21 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Not on purpose no... but think they could have been more realistic with expectations from the start.  I don't enjoy watching the football at Murrayfield... and getting fed up with the last min decisions on whether Tynecastle is ready or not

So your lambasting the club for make a last minute decision and you're quite clearly doing exactly the same thing :rofl:

Make a decision man, grow a pair. I think you should tuck in your pants and get ready for the ride personally.

But if you've got other things you could be doing then fair enough.

Edited by Oliver Twist

Hands up all those who would have been happier if the club had decided to play at Murrayfield for the entire season.

If the club HAD gone down that route then I, for one, would not have splashed out £370 on my season ticket but would have been selective which games I attended. I'm sure there are many others who would have done the same, safe in the knowledge that it would be no problem to get a ticket for any game at Murrayfield. We've had to wait longer than we expected but I'll be bursting with pride when I do take my seat in the new stand. Hopefully that will be on Sunday but if I have to wait a while longer then so be it.

2 minutes ago, Mellor said:

The Scottish Sun may well be taking a punt on unofficial feedback, but the Evening News will not have run this story without the nod from Hearts. They rely too much on their goodwill to keep circulation at a sustainable level:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-to-request-partick-thistle-call-off-if-tynecastle-is-not-ready-1-4612751

It is a real farce its came to this, they should have sorted this decision at least a week ago. I cant imagine Partick being over the moon as they will have trained based on the game being on Sunday.

7 minutes ago, Mellor said:

So why have Hearts not told the fans first?  Surely that would have been better than reading in the papers.

I think it is quite poor to be honest!

2 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

It is a real farce its came to this, they should have sorted this decision at least a week ago. I cant imagine Partick being over the moon as they will have trained based on the game being on Sunday.

Exactly.  The whole thing is a farce now.

2 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

So why have Hearts not told the fans first?  Surely that would have been better than reading in the papers.

They haven't told the paper either. It's speculation.

Geoff Kilpatrick
16 minutes ago, Mellor said:

How have you not been emptied yet?

all that article says is that the game will be called off IF the ground isn't ready...

no shit Sherlock!

a bit embarrassing but hey...

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

How have you not been emptied yet?

The place is infested GK, I have just come to accept it.  Their obsession with us, our finances and our stand is bordering on creepy.

14 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Have the paper actually quoted a named Hearts source?  No they haven't.  Give the club a break for Gods sake.  They cannot win either way.  They announce the game is postponed we will moan, they announce there's a chance the game will be postponed, we will moan.

To get this project from a standing start to almost ready for use in 6-7 months is an amazing feat considering how complex the build is.  I 100% agree that aiming for September was overly ambitious and has caused more than a few grumbles but we are getting a new, state of the art facility that will serve the club for the next 50 years or more.  Having a 2-3 month delay in actually using it is a small price to pay in my opinion.

Edited by Heartsofgold

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Would have been better puting them in the restricted view behind the control box, they make up their own shit in anycase

Either that or just have one place for one hack as they all copy each others' reports.

The rise of the enemy from within: greeting-faced knicker twisters. If you can't deal with the not knowing just make a decision not to come to the match on Sunday and be done with it. You've got other things to do – do them! There are enough difficulties and challenges in life without creating more stresses for yourself. I can't be bothered with people who home-in on problems. If the new stand being constructed gives you anxiety, pay less attention to it: make a decision to not go to Tynecastle until the dust has settled. Do everyone a favour. 

Just now, johnking123 said:

Getting a little bored of all the delays. If they fail again. Who ever is giving the dates should be shot. 

On the plus side, if the game is postponed it will be 2 weeks without a defeat!

On a serious note, I would rather we never rushed it as I want it all to be perfect.  I'd feel for the fans who make long trips to the game though.

3 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Getting a little bored of all the delays. If they fail again. Who ever is giving the dates should be shot. 

Oh dear overreaction you cant say people should be shot?