New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

30 minutes ago, Drewboy said:

You missed out this one..

988CD104-250E-40DE-AB08-30F5C6BA1E43.jpeg

I know this has been raised before, and answered simply by noting we shouldn't judge the seat colour as the protective plastic covers were still in place.

It also might simply be the monitor I'm looking at (as screens sometimes don't depict colour correctly), but a few of the seats above appear to have had the plastic removed...and the colour looks quite different to the other stand/police box.

However, it may just be because the new stand is in shade, and the Roseburn is in bright sunlight...but the new seats look to be a more 'purple' shade of maroon to me.

Also, looks like the Hearts badges in the new stand are a couple or rows too high in comparison to the other stands.

Edited by Deviskan

3 minutes ago, campbell said:

I wonder what is behind the white sheets between the doors..... maybe a sponsors name??? 

Its protective wrap - will be peeled off at last minute.

I hear the main issue with the certificate are the exits at the junction of the Roseburn and New main Stand which are not completed to a safe standard yet ( and don't even look close if the above photos are from today)

41 minutes ago, Jasonauskas said:

They wouldn’t have called on the council to issue a safety certificate if it was likely to be rejected, chances are it’s small issues affecting the granting of the certificate (walkways, signage etc.)   Club has to cover all bases, at the moment it’s a non story until the club announces otherwise

The Council inspectors are making regular visits to the stand, and are in close discussion with the Club on what needs to be completed to get a temporary occupation certificate.  Structural certificates, fire alarms, public address systems, emergency lighting, etc, have all been rubber stamped.

Night shifts are being worked and this will go to the wire.  It looks like a final Council inspection may be Friday.

Just now, Dalstonjambo said:

Still cheaper than that quote you constructed for the windows then!

Talking of that do you think when Budge gave a cheeky reference to the window cleaning in her last statement it was on the back of JKB?

Coburg Hearts
8 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

And will they quote per leaf?

I8hibs has turned over a new leaf on this thread haha

2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

I know this has been raised before, and answered simply by noting we shouldn't judge the seat colour as the protective plastic covers were still in place.

It also might simply be the monitor I'm looking at (as screens sometimes don't depict colour correctly), but a few of the seats above appear to have had the plastic removed...and the colour looks quite different to the other stand/police box.

However, it may just be because the new stand is in shade, and the Roseburn is in bright sunlight...but the new seats look to be a more 'purple' shade of maroon to me.

Also, looks like the Hearts badges in the new stand are a couple or rows too high in comparison to the other stands.

Seats are a slightly different shade, but it is impossible to avoid.

The badges in the seats are in the middle of the upper sections like the other stands, and each stand varies with the amount of rows.

44 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The bottom pick, are they the away turnstyles? How’s segregation gonna work on Sunday? Temporary barriers or something?  

Yes

Heras fencing

5 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Its protective wrap - will be peeled off at last minute.

Fair enough, it looks very much like the white stuff that a decal goes into just like the one the guys about to peel off in the photo, I have no knowledge just thought I would throw it out there. Hope you’re correct wouldn’t want a sponsors name spoiling it 

Given the fact that the club, contractors and stewards managed to successfully navigate thousands of us safely into the old main stand whilst it was a demolition site, then a building site, and finally both at the same time, I am confident that the club will successfully work with the council to get the required sign off for this weekend.

1 minute ago, kila said:

Seats are a slightly different shade, but it is impossible to avoid.

The badges in the seats are in the middle of the upper sections like the other stands, and each stand varies with the amount of rows.

Yeah, I suppose that's true...colour matching between different suppliers with products supplier a long time apart would be a challenge (especially as the other seats will have lost a bit of colour due to sunshine etc).

Re the badges in the upper sections...from memory, are they not between 0 and 2 rows up from the bottom? The new stands badges are about 6 rows up by the look of it, and about 3 rows down from the top.

Not a massive thing at all (pernickety in the extreme...and just fecks with my OCD!)...I'd have had them about 2 rows lower.

43 minutes ago, Jambo83 said:

No...  The pic only shows turnstiles going in to the end of the Main Stand.  I'm sure there would be a fence erected, whether temporary or permanent to segregate crowds.

Sorry no - these are the away turnstiles

43 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

So do we know the plans for Sunday? It might just be the picture but there doesn’t seem to be any segregation between home and away fans for entering the stand? 

Heras fencing will be erected

15 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

If it's been raised before (and adequately answered), why raise it again ??

Just now, Brave Hearts said:

If it's been raised before (and adequately answered), why raise it again ??

As Kila just noted...the seats are a different colour.

That wasn't answered before...as I noted, the answer previously was not to judge the seat colour until the plastic covers were removed.

Does that answer your question?

20 minutes ago, campbell said:

I wonder what is behind the white sheets between the doors..... maybe a sponsors name??? 

The "white sheets" are protective plastic covering maroon painted panels.

Coburg Hearts
41 minutes ago, siegementality said:

It strikes me that you really enjoy being the centre of attention for all things negative. I remember when you used to post decent stuff. Regrettably, it looks like those days are gone and you are just taking a pop at all things Hearts. We’ve all had our moments when we’ve been hacked off with what’s went on at the club, but the love of the club is what gets us through those. Looks like you’ve lost that loving feeling, ooooh, ooooh, that loving feeling!

You are righteous, brother :smile:

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Heras fencing will be erected

And that will be more than adequate as a temporary measure. Hamilton and Falkirk both currently employ this as a permanent feature in their grounds.

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Sorry no - these are the away turnstiles

Apologies.  I'd have thought away turnstiles would have been positioned differently for the Roseburn end. 

Although in hindsight, I realise we have turnstiles underneath the Main Stand for home fans...

DOH

20 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I hear the main issue with the certificate are the exits at the junction of the Roseburn and New main Stand which are not completed to a safe standard yet ( and don't even look close if the above photos are from today)

The steel exit stair at the Roseburn end will be fully complete by tomorrow night.

5 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

As Kila just noted...the seats are a different colour.

That wasn't answered before...as I noted, the answer previously was not to judge the seat colour until the plastic covers were removed.

Does that answer your question?

Yes.

however seats are not a different colour - they are different shades of same colour.

We have to be accurate on here as there are many very eagerly looking for any discrepancies so they can raise their criticisms 

Although recent form of the team has been dire, we should still allow ourselves to enjoy this moment on Sunday. Can't wait to get to my brand new seat.

Related image

Just now, Buffalo Bill said:

Although recent form of the team has been dire, we should still allow ourselves to enjoy this moment on Sunday. Can't wait to get to my brand new seat.

I plan on going along far earlier than usual, as I won't be gulping down many pints being a Sunday, so that I can enjoy watching it fill up from my seat in E lower.  I'm praying for a dry day as I'm in the splash zone (row 6).

You enjoy your weather resistant seat..

Just now, Brave Hearts said:

Yes.

however seats are not a different colour - they are different shades of same colour.

We have to be accurate on here as there are many very eagerly looking for any discrepancies so they can raise their criticisms 

Yeah fair enough...although what fans of other teams think of our team/stadium is essentially an inconsequential irrelevance to me.

1 hour ago, 7628mm said:

I agree as looking at the new stairs and turnstiles at the school end it strikes me that the seats being delayed has been used as a "smoke screen" . Even if the seats had arrived in plenty of time other works were nowhere near ready for the Kilmarnock game.

I think that the club have not been realistic in the timeframe for this build and in "hind sight" would do it differently next time. However there is unlikely to be a next time so the current custodians at the club have made a pretty large error of judgement.

Of course they could have saved themselves a huge load of agro. 

Just not bothered building the thing and we could have been happily sitting in an old wreck.?

1 hour ago, 7628mm said:

I agree as looking at the new stairs and turnstiles at the school end it strikes me that the seats being delayed has been used as a "smoke screen" . Even if the seats had arrived in plenty of time other works were nowhere near ready for the Kilmarnock game.

I think that the club have not been realistic in the timeframe for this build and in "hind sight" would do it differently next time. However there is unlikely to be a next time so the current custodians at the club have made a pretty large error of judgement.

Of course they could have saved themselves a huge load of agro. 

Just not bothered building the thing and we could have been happily sitting in an old wreck.?

7 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Yeah fair enough...although what fans of other teams think of our team/stadium is essentially an inconsequential irrelevance to me.

Yeah, other fans views are inconsequential to me as well. However, sadly I was meaning some of our own fans based on the dramas on this threat

The Future's Maroon
On 13/11/2017 at 12:35, jimbrown76 said:

When are we getting inspected for the Safety Certificate?

21 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Considering we (as expected) are hosting a match on Sunday, I would have thought that wouldn't be too difficult to work out!

This week, in case your still struggling ;-)

16 hours ago, jimbrown76 said:

No shit Sherlock, there was me thinking we would have applied for it after the Partick game as well.

For those who find thinking difficult I was meaning if it was today and it got knocked back then we would have time to revisit the issues and get it later on in the week. On the other hand if we left it until Friday afternoon and there was issues we would be struggling.

Get back to me if you're still confused.

I am not confused at all Jim.

Your original question simply asked when is the inspection going ahead, my reply stated this week as it has to be or there will be no game at Tynecastle Park. Hence my reply, which granted was a bit cheeky but considering it's been common knowledge on here it was to be this week is why my reply had a bit of 'cheek' in it.

In your final reply you state what you actually meant....if you said that in your original post I would have answered appropriately.

You obviously missed my post on Thursday or Friday last week when I confirmed they would be in at the start of this week, with a final inspection being held later in the week.

So really, both of us gave a bit of a smartarse answer, peace ✌️ 

2 hours ago, VALDOS said:

It is a real farce its came to this, they should have sorted this decision at least a week ago. I cant imagine Partick being over the moon as they will have trained based on the game being on Sunday.

Problem for us is that the authorities have us (Jags) playing 8 games in December so not entirely sure when we would be free to play the game - unless they rescheduled it for the first weekend in 2018 of the winter shutdown

28 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The steel exit stair at the Roseburn end will be fully complete by tomorrow night.

Tarmac or temporary surfacing from bottom of stairs to street be done in time also ? 

11 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Problem for us is that the authorities have us (Jags) playing 8 games in December so not entirely sure when we would be free to play the game - unless they rescheduled it for the first weekend in 2018 of the winter shutdown

We'll both have a free weekend when we get papped oot the cup at the first time of asking

:whistling:

5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Tarmac or temporary surfacing from bottom of stairs to street be done in time also ? 

Well the other road was done in a day and a half.

Everybody Loves Baz!
34 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

It will be according to ma wee Brother. He's meant to be doing the welding on it.

17 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

We should all be thinking about Jambo in Hamilton at this difficult time.

Why? 

::troll::

6 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Compacted hardcore temporary surface only for Partick game.

Don't see what the rush is to announce if the game will go ahead or not, games of football are postponed last minute all the time.  Yes it's annoying but it's happened loads to us before.

Imagine the scenes if we announce its going ahead then the game gets called off due to ice around the stadium. :laugh:

Meltdown. 

It's a secret I am longing to find out from the folks who just keep castigating Hearts because of the delays, after setting what has proved to be an impossible target for various reasons.

How is it that you are never late for an appointment or a "date?"

How do you always reach the targets set for by your employers, no matter how unrealistic you think they are, or, howzabout your weight loss programme?

I am fastidious about time keeping and, for example, if I'm conducting a funeral service, I always aim to be at the church/crematorium, at least half-an-hour early but, I have to admit I have been held up by unforeseen traffic problems, or as in one case the Funeral Director gave me the wrong crematorium (NB I still made it just in time, because of my turning up early at the wrong destination).  The point is I have been late and so, I am really interested as to how these super posters always get it right.

The Future's Maroon
2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Getting a little bored of all the delays. If they fail again. Who ever is giving the dates should be shot. 

Apart from guesswork in tabliods, I have seen no official announcement regarding another delay...not saying it won't happen, but never trust tabliods.

1 hour ago, PRENTICE CROSSES said:

No safety certificate granted.Council will look again later in week,if not granted game kaput.

The visit yesterday was never about getting the relevant certificates issued there and then, the visit was planned, just like more later this week at which the required sign off should take place. 

1 hour ago, Jasonauskas said:

They wouldn’t have called on the council to issue a safety certificate if it was likely to be rejected, chances are it’s small issues affecting the granting of the certificate (walkways, signage etc.)   Club has to cover all bases, at the moment it’s a non story until the club announces otherwise

Correct, near the end of any build the required Council Officers always visit towards the end of the project to see if anything still needs to be done, a sort of 'cross the t's and dot the I's' exercise.

17 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Don't see what the rush is to announce if the game will go ahead or not, games of football are postponed last minute all the time.  Yes it's annoying but it's happened loads to us before.

Imagine the scenes if we announce its going ahead then the game gets called off due to ice around the stadium. :laugh:

Meltdown

That'd be an ironic reaction to an ice problem 

sick.of.romanov

Just been to Tynecastle if there's a game on there this weekend il be astounded nowhere near ready at the away end but if they manage to get the go ahead then they've done a tremendous job

15 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Meltdown. 

This!! 

The Club and everyone on site is busting a gut to get the stand to a suitable state to gain a safety certificate for the game to go ahead on Sunday.  Work will progress on a round the clock basis right up to the wire - which will probably be Saturday morning for the final Council inspection.

If we get the certificate - great.  If not the game will be postponed giving 24 hour notice.

6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

This!! 

The Club and everyone on site is busting a gut to get the stand to a suitable state to gain a safety certificate for the game to go ahead on Sunday.  Work will progress on a round the clock basis right up to the wire - which will probably be Saturday morning for the final Council inspection.

If we get the certificate - great.  If not the game will be postponed giving 24 hour notice.

Thomasa, a beacon of sanity in a sea of horsepiss. Keep up the good work mate, your insite is appreciated, now get yer arse back to work.

Edited by TypoonJambo

Lucille's Thirsty

I would’ve preferred if the club at the end of last season going into the summer just bit the bullet and went we’ll be playing at Murrayfield until everything is completed inside and outside of Tynie, thus giving the powers at be to take their time not rushing things to get back to Tynie ASAP.

This constant saying it’ll be ready for the Kilmarnock game etc.  Instead of just going look when everything is completed we’ll be a back at Tynie.  No bullshit.

We_are_the_Hearts
5 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

I would’ve preferred if the club at the end of last season going into the summer just bit the bullet and went we’ll be playing at Murrayfield until everything is completed inside and outside of Tynie, thus giving the powers at be to take their time not rushing things to get back to Tynie ASAP.

This constant saying it’ll be ready for the Kilmarnock game etc.  Instead of just going look when everything is completed we’ll be a back at Tynie.  No bullshit.

That wouldn't have sold the season tickets though!