New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Hackney Hearts

If the letters do have to be that size, maybe there was a way they could have been spaced out further - when you look at the facade from an angle, which is definitely the best way to appreciate the curve and the reflective effect of the glazing, the words become illegible. Not a huge moan, just an observation. I do like the font.

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

At the risk of being absolutely lampooned I can't see that being ready for the 5th.

Not a lampooning, but I'm seeing the opposite. The rate of visible change has ratcheted right up in the last 4 or 5 days, and most of what we can see (that's needed for a safe opening) looks more than likely to be ready. I'd also be surprised if the club left it to just 2 weeks or so beforehand to announce that we wouldn't be playing at Tynie on the 5th after all.

Hoping I'm not caving in to wishful thinking.......

Mind when we got the "call to arms" and we're wishin days of no more Hearts.......stop bloody moaning about seat colours, writing being in black and don't listen to any other supporter of an inferior club because must likely they're jealous. 

Signage at BT Murrayfield, Easter Road and heck even at Meadowbank all appears to be significantly larger than what we've got on the front of ours.

I like the font / style of the sign, but exactly as predicted, it looks totally lost up there against the sheer enormity of the façade.

Hopefully the badge and lighting improve it.

scott herbertson
8 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

It was noted to get the permission to do it then the lettering had to be the same size as the last.

I dont see any reference in the planning decision. This would presumably by officer delegated but I’d be surprised if it was so restrictive. I don’t mind the size and I think it will be fine when finished

Not everything will be right first time. IF the signage isn't impactful enough. We'll just change it further down the line. 

12 hours ago, kila said:

Some on my way home from work

1.thumb.jpg.7492e60d083569bfc4f2ee4d0e479d92.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.f477575507bccb715d8ca184de4497fc.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.e3749cc401f4550420c08732f63643c0.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.933fa169c0ef1dd0ae25cdc008575ffc.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.4d76172e0e6eb74edbae285c157c2a65.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.11ccdb3797d6b12c2e225e9b1b8585ce.jpg

7.thumb.jpg.5493f75c1fe93b90f5a5da9c8e0e3514.jpg

Who decided to make the letters so small? Looks ridiculous.

Letters all over the city are much bigger. So why are they small?

8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Make the badge bigger then.

The badge could possibly then look too big for the height of the building!

9 hours ago, mulleted_jambo said:

Anyone know if you can go in and have a look from the Wheatfield/Gorgie stands?

Wouldn't mind nipping in for a look tomorrow.  

If you wander to the memorial garden, if you are fairly tall, you can reach over the top of the door with your phone to get some photos of the stand. You won't be able to see where the camera is pointing though.

Last time I was there the door wasn't locked so I managed to open it and get some better ones without the stantion in the way, but that may be frowned upon.

Montgomery Brewster
7 hours ago, Braminho said:

Mind when we got the "call to arms" and we're wishin days of no more Hearts.......stop bloody moaning about seat colours, writing being in black and don't listen to any other supporter of an inferior club because must likely they're jealous. 

The voice of reason in a sea of pantwetters and undercover vermin. 

Almost there now. F T H

1 hour ago, Currahee! said:

Who decided to make the letters so small? Looks ridiculous.

Letters all over the city are much bigger. So why are they small?

Maybe the stand is going to be sponsored by Specsavers ?

Edited by stuart500

Big Slim Stylee
53 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

People will moan about anything. It's just a sign. It looks ok, better when it's lit up. 

Voice of common sense :)

Big Slim Stylee
27 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

The voice of reason in a sea of pantwetters and undercover vermin. 

Almost there now. F T H

Voice of reason? He can barely string a sentence together.

9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Could it be that previous planning rules, under which the adverts were approved, were less strict? 

The adverts were canvas and weren't permanently fixed, which would possibly explain why they were allowed. 

11 hours ago, ellsman said:

What are the black metal things near the nursery.Planters?.Its all coming together now.Looking brilliant.

Maybe bike racks?

8 hours ago, JALBO said:

Not a lampooning, but I'm seeing the opposite. The rate of visible change has ratcheted right up in the last 4 or 5 days, and most of what we can see (that's needed for a safe opening) looks more than likely to be ready. I'd also be surprised if the club left it to just 2 weeks or so beforehand to announce that we wouldn't be playing at Tynie on the 5th after all.

Hoping I'm not caving in to wishful thinking.......

For me it's all about the rest of the seats,  if they are delivered in enough time to be fitted we will be fine , if they aren't we won't . 

6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No need to panic folks seats will be here and fitted in plentry time 100%

Do you work on site?

Edited by MacPhee

Just drove past and it’s a hive of activity this morning big squad on site and deliveries taking place. The sign looks better in person as well and will look fine once the badge is up.

Must admit to being a little underwhelmed by the facade. The moaning minnies are right - it's simply a standard office block. It's a pity, but Tynecastle High School opposite is much more visually interesting and shows a level of creativity that was apparently beyond our architects.

3 minutes ago, May one-six said:

Must admit to being a little underwhelmed by the facade. The moaning minnies are right - it's simply a standard office block. It's a pity, but Tynecastle High School opposite is much more visually interesting and shows a level of creativity that was apparently beyond our architects.

:laugh: You're at it if you think the new high school is some sort of architectural marvel

Old one is, new one is very uninspiring

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Just drove past and it’s a hive of activity this morning big squad on site and deliveries taking place. The sign looks better in person as well and will look fine once the badge is up.

That's on outside , can assure you it's just as bust inside aswell with brickies, electricians, plumbers and joiners etc

Ill reserve judgement on the sign for now until the badge is up, also believe the photos arent doing the sign any justice.

In fact most photos of the glass facade dont do it any justice, and for people commenting on the way it looks having only seen a few photos, wait untill you see it in person, its amazing. 

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That's on outside , can assure you it's just as bust inside aswell with brickies, electricians, plumbers and joiners etc

Hope you meant busy lol ? 

9 minutes ago, May one-six said:

I remember the good old days when the Hobos at least made an attempt to hide their allegiances...lol.

Its getting exciting

Site looks much more complete and with the reassurance given by good posters on here its looking very much like open doors on Sunday 5th November 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

A poster on here, who I believe worked in the planning department at the council, gave a decent explanation of the problems regarding the lettering.

Still doesn’t explain the discrepancies between ours & other places of work or venues in the city.

3 hour meeting with the club & the architect, seems like one of the biggest wastes of time going. I’d hope the architect had the foresight to sound out the council, and already had a vague idea as to what restrictions they may pose.

Still be all nice lit up though, I’d imagine.  Seats are the more important thing now anyway.

Wonder what the decent explanation was?

Signs all over the city are big. The airport etc. So why allow those tiny letters?

King Of The Cat Cafe
31 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No need to panic folks seats will be here and fitted in plentry time 100%

Thanks for the update, Ann.

8 minutes ago, Currahee! said:

Signs all over the city are big. The airport etc. So why allow those tiny letters?

If yiu’re Standing in McLeod street will you be able to read it? If yes, job done ! 

11 minutes ago, Currahee! said:

We need to put a massive sign on the back of the Roseburn stand because that is visible from the Western Approach and also the rail line.

52 minutes ago, May one-six said:

You are ****ing reeking of vermin. 

Selkirkhmfc1874. Tell the lads on-site fitting the seats to get their finger’s oot!

I bet a mate of mine £20 we woul have 50% of the stand seats in by Saturday this week (bet him 2 weeks ago)!

whats happning???

42 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Ill reserve judgement on the sign for now until the badge is up, also believe the photos arent doing the sign any justice.

In fact most photos of the glass facade dont do it any justice, and for people commenting on the way it looks having only seen a few photos, wait untill you see it in person, its amazing. 

This is true in my experience. Photos understandably pick up the main aspect of the frontage (the glass wall) and don't really do it very well compared to how it is when you're there. They also don't give the wider picture, the overall composition and setting, which the outside needs. I say give it time to all come together in a couple of weeks, then go and have a look. Individual taste will always cause debate of course, and that's to be expected and good. Just wait til the building site finishes up, the plaza furniture is in, the crest is up, the windows have had a clean, the appropriate lighting is in, and the gable end mural is reflecting off the glass wall. I'm confident that we'll all be very satisfied with the final result - and the envy of fans from every club that visits.

There's not a stand frontage in Scottish football that I'd swap it with, that's for sure.

1 minute ago, JALBO said:

There's not a stand frontage in Scottish football that I'd swap it with, that's for sure.

Same, and as you say once the debris is tidied up, and the building site is cleared it will be phenomenal. 

When lighting is fully functional as well, that will make a HUGE difference to the look of the glass, Tynecastle Park sign, and beautiful crest. 

1 hour ago, May one-six said:

May 16? Peach?

Bazzas right boot

Looks great.

Folk moaning Should Look at other stadiums for a comparison, not Wembley but other Scottish stadiums.

It's taking shape and isn't finished yet.

Loved the old stand, but now that it's gone, the whole stadium looks far better, modern and the stadium of s top Scottish club.

Can't wait to sit in it, on a seat.