New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Bazzas right boot

What is it we need updating on more than every month or so?

What day the seats are getting installed?

When the big badge is going up?

What sealant is getting used on the monoblock?

Club have done a fine job.

I agree, stand is getting built,due on the 5th Nov, unless that changes , what needs updated?

Every week, stand opening scheduled for the original date?

Club is doing fine, it will update us if anything changes. Seems perfectly logical.

Updates on routine stuff just open us up to criticism from fans and the media.

It's a project that is probably quite fluid in its operation. Updates would just pose more questions and then more criticism.

But they said 40000 bricks would be done by Tuesday, they've only done 39990, they must be short staffed, what's happening,budge oot, etc?

Edited by Rudi'sleftfoot

Bazzas right boot

Will there be room for the bottom section? I think they may have built the stand too close to the pitch.

Probably need to knock it down and start again.Nov 5th will be tight, now.

Will there be room for the bottom section? I think they may have built the stand too close to the pitch.

I thought it looked very tight some months ago but Thomaso shot me down and assured me that it was fine.

Updates on routine stuff just open us up to criticism from fans and the media.

Updates would just pose more questions and then more criticism.

You don't work in marketing and use social media tools do you mate ?

The club have got the tools to engage more with the fan base IMO.

Bazzas right boot

You don't work in marketing and use social media tools do you mate ?

The club have got the tools to engage more with the fan base IMO.

I don't think it would be very helpful and find the level of engagement more than enough for the average punter.

I thought it looked very tight some months ago but Thomaso shot me down and assured me that it was fine.

:rifle:   It will fit!

I think the fact that we've seen so many pictures lifted from the BSB facebook page and copied in to this thread is probably pretty telling with regards to how much the club should be doing with regards to documenting the progress.

BSB seem more interested in letting folk see how things are coming along than Hearts themselves do..... I'd really have expected that to be the other way around.

That all said though, I can also kinda agree with the 'what else do you need to see' line of thought to an extent.

I don't think it would be very helpful and find the level of engagement more than enough for the average punter.

Clearly it isn't enough for some people and its relatively easy to post a paragraph or 2 a week with stuff of interest.

Perhaps they're a bit feared that they are going to overrun again and look a bit silly in terms of the project timelines. I suspect there are bums tweaking when you look at what little appears to have been done in the last 2 weeks, with just 6 weeks to go. I wouldn't mind betting there is a contingency to move more games to Murrayfield which is edging nearer to the top of the agenda

Different Class

Stand won't be open till January, you heard it here first.

1) Actually that's about the 10th time someone has claimed this

2) It isn't true

Lord Beni of Gorgie

That doesn't really surprise me if am being honest. Better to get it right. Murrayfield until then? Chance to test out the 67k derby theory :lol:

1) Actually that's about the 10th time someone has claimed this

2) It isn't true

Your in a position to guarantee 100% that the stand will be open on 5th November ?

That's pretty good ITK mate because not even the club have 100% guaranteed it.

As a layman I'm looking at that stand and thinking there is no danger its going to be ready in 6 weeks

Murrayfield isn't available in November either.

We'll probably be playing in front of 3 stands at Tynecastle for the rest of the year.

Edited by Escobar PHM

Your in a position to guarantee 100% that the stand will be open on 5th November ?

Hypothetically , could we get all the season ticket holders in the 3 remaining stands without away fans ?

No need to read this thread anymore lads. All of my hubs workmates know everything that's going on at tynecastle regarding the new stand. Seriously just ask them. They are hurting badly. Tesco tynie here we come

Lord Beni of Gorgie

As a layman I'm looking at that stand and thinking there is no danger its going to be ready in 6 weeks

We'll probably be playing in front of 3 stands at Tynecastle for the rest of the year.

More likely to be Easter Road, 3 stands wont take us all

Hackney Hearts

Well they have recently issued invites to the great and the good to attend the grand opening on that date, which involves the booking of flights and accommodation. That would seem a little unwise if they're less than 100% sure.

Well they have recently issued invites to the great and the good to attend the grand opening on that date, which involves the booking of flights and accommodation. That would seem a little unwise if they're less than 100% sure.

Yes that would be a mistake if they have done that and cant deliver.

Which parts won't be open? Jan was always completion time for the shop, suites etc

Can't believe the stand won't be usable for seating and toilets until Jan

King Of The Cat Cafe

What is it we need updating on more than every month or so?

What day the seats are getting installed?

When the big badge is going up?

What sealant is getting used on the monoblock?

Club have done a fine job.

This is a joke, isn't it?

Bazzas right boot

Clearly it isn't enough for some people and its relatively easy to post a paragraph or 2 a week with stuff of interest.

Perhaps they're a bit feared that they are going to overrun again and look a bit silly in terms of the project timelines. I suspect there are bums tweaking when you look at what little appears to have been done in the last 2 weeks, with just 6 weeks to go. I wouldn't mind betting there is a contingency to move more games to Murrayfield which is edging nearer to the top of the agenda

I'm going to say, for some no matter what the club did it wouldn't be enough.

If the stand date changes, they will Inform us.

Not sure there is need for updates or more updates if nothing changes.

I drove by the stand around 9am yesterday (Sunday) morning and it really looks fantastic. I was really pleased to see workies in working on the stand so early on a Sunday morning.

Spoke to probably the most senior person on the project just yesterday, and mentioned the rumour floating about Hibs fans that the stand will be delayed...it made this person laugh.

They confirmed that even though they're working to a tight timescale, they're supremely confident it'll all be ready by the Killie game. Add that to the comment attributed to Ann Budge further up the thread, and you're left with two choices. Listen to two senior staff sayin it'll be ready, or listen to some random internet spraffin which says it won't.

Tough one...

Spoke to probably the most senior person on the project just yesterday, and mentioned the rumour floating about Hibs fans that the stand will be delayed...it made this person laugh.

They confirmed that even though they're working to a tight timescale, they're supremely confident it'll all be ready by the Killie game. Add that to the comment attributed to Ann Budge further up the thread, and you're left with two choices. Listen to two senior staff sayin it'll be ready, or listen to some random internet spraffin which says it won't.

Tough one...

Thanks for the update , much appreciated.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Tough one...

That'll do for me. I'm going with the internet spraff :lol:

Edited by Gavsy Van Gaverson

Tough one...

You honestly think that 'the most senior person on the project' is going to tell some random standing at he site fence anything other than that??

Tough one...

Party pooper ;) 

Good to know those on site remain confident of progress

Lower steel going in along with the concrete and it'll look like there's not much left to do at all

You honestly think that 'the most senior person on the project' is going to tell some random standing at he site fence anything other than that??

Aye but he widnae laugh ken

You honestly think that 'the most senior person on the project' is going to tell some random standing at he site fence anything other than that??

Of all the posters on here I have no reason to doubt Mr S's word on anything, a man of integrity if I'm any judge.

You honestly think that 'the most senior person on the project' is going to tell some random standing at he site fence anything other than that??

You honestly think 'the most senior person on the project' considers me a random? Cool, I'm no here to argue. Wouldn't have even mentioned it but since this rumour seems to have surfaced (again) I thought I'd post it.

All good though. Believe (and dissect) whatever you want. I'm only passing on what I've been told.

It should hopefully start coming together pretty quickly from here.

I don't doubt we'll have 'something' to open on the due date. I suspect however if anything, despite the warnings or the 'finished' product not happening till January - the main raising of eyebrows will be around the level of finish at the opening date.

Generic Username

Sometimes it can feel hard to gauge the progress when we only get to see the same exterior shots (obviously progress has been made, before anyone goes tonto...). I'm looking forward to seeing the work on the bottom of the stand going in/seats being put in place.

alicante jambo

Tough one...

Cheers for that mate coming from folk that actually know.Wont matter to some on here though they will still insist on bringing in negatives.

Mr Sifter previously posted a load of photos from all sorts of angles inside and outside of the new stand.  I think its fair to suggest he knows someone on site fairly well to be given that kind of access.