New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Any news on the seats and anything being doen with the interior yet?

Might they take a bit longer to get the sponsors name on them ?.........if of course there is to be a sponsor

August Landmesser

Aye, the new stand will have seats, and an interior.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Might they take a bit longer to get the sponsors name on them ?.........if of course there is to be a sponsor

Are you joking? we?re seriously not having sponsors on our seats!

Are you joking? we?re seriously not having sponsors on our seats!

Are you joking? You seriously thought we were having sponsors on our seats!

The 21 thousandth 300 and 4th word in the Oxford English dictionary is, and you can check if you don't believe me, "Ginger" :)

:wow:

Not sure if mentioned before as I don't read all the posts, just scroll from pictute to picture. Anyway, whats the site security like on a day to day basis (over 24hrs like)........ it will not take a hobo long to arrive in the early hours scarf over face with a tin of paint and pap it over our badge. Anyone think this will NOT happen??

If that happened we all know that act would not go without revenge. Let's hope Tynecastle & Easter Road are not vandalsed as tit for tat can only lead to serious trouble for everybody.

August November January what is the problem......our new main stand and refurbushment of excisting stands are only a few months away. I have nothing but praise for Ann, the Board, FOH and the fans. I can't wait to celebrate our first game at Tynecastle Park and our new facilities will be something to fill us with pride.

yTJox67.jpg

9kkmayC.jpg

052lXfh.jpg

WXLAT8S.jpg

Thank the lord for the Facebook Main Stand page for these pics to stop more fighting.

Credit to Cairnsey Snr i hope he doesnt mind.

Looks like work on the roof and side panel.

No probs. Can't post on here.

Tbh i don?t see why a lot you are blaming ann budge for the delay the muck up of the seats. She wont have much say on what goes on with the building she?s just there to provide the money.

Good grief.

This thread has really picked up. Less photos please and more mentions of the number 21304.

Google 21304 and the top match is a Lego Dr Who complete with...tardis...

Just caught up with today's building woes.In summary the good people of BSB can manage to build a full skeleton stand and adjoining office hospitality area but will have problems bolting some seats down.

Big Slim Stylee

See there are some clever ones who are mildly amusing on here. You're not. :(

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

King Of The Cat Cafe

One of the problems for genuine fans is that we are in an information vacuum.

We have had great photographs posted on here by JKB people, and information on work progress by people involved in the work.

The trouble is, this is all that is information that should be coming officially from the club.

Club statements on the progress had been few and far between.  I note someone said earlier that Ann Budge spoke today and said all was on target for November 5.  That is good, but let more of us hear it.

In the information vacuum, we have trolls making mischief and various people spreading spurious rumours.  (Some of them not through any evil intentions, I accept.)

The new stand is one of the biggest projects the club has undertaken for years, and the club should have been marking it with regular updates for the supporters.

I rally hate being negative about this, but the club has mismanaged what should be a good PR story.

Bazzas right boot

This threads taken a left at "whataboutery road", a right down silly Street and a further left at lunatic lane.

Some of the pics look great.

I also heard Ann Budge "loves it when a plan comes together".

Montgomery Brewster

We have had great photographs posted on here by JKB people, and information on work progress by people involved in the work.

The trouble is, this is all that is information that should be coming officially from the club.

Club statements on the progress had been few and far between. I note someone said earlier that Ann Budge spoke today and said all was on target for November 5. That is good, but let more of us hear it.

In the information vacuum, we have trolls making mischief and various people spreading spurious rumours. (Some of them not through any evil intentions, I accept.)

The new stand is one of the biggest projects the club has undertaken for years, and the club should have been marking it with regular updates for the supporters.

I rally hate being negative about this, but the club has mismanaged what should be a good PR story.

Totally agree. Either way we are almost there. Gorgie rules.

Edited by Montgomery Brewster

Club statements on the progress had been few and far between.  I note someone said earlier that Ann Budge spoke today and said all was on target for November 5.  That is good, but let more of us hear it.

In the information vacuum, we have trolls making mischief and various people spreading spurious rumours.  (Some of them not through any evil intentions, I accept.)

It might be worth the club adding a "Stadium" category to their News section and posting info more regularly. Liverpool do that - http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/stadium

August November January what is the problem......our new main stand and refurbushment of excisting stands are only a few months away. I have nothing but praise for Ann, the Board, FOH and the fans. I can't wait to celebrate our first game at Tynecastle Park and our new facilities will be something to fill us with pride.

Not to mention the majority of workmen(a few should not be anywhere near tynecastle park)but thanks you all know who you are.

I must have looked like I was having a fit whilst trying to internalise my laughter at the last few pages. I presume this thread is the reason sairyin's "cut adrift" thread was bumped earlier?! The posting style hasn't changed at all in 2 years. Maybe for the Kilmarnock match the mainstanders will be invited in a couple of hours early to see the new stand and to screw their seats into place.

Big Slim Stylee

I must have looked like I was having a fit whilst trying to internalise my laughter at the last few pages. I presume this thread is the reason sairyin's "cut adrift" thread was bumped earlier?! The posting style hasn't changed at all in 2 years. Maybe for the Kilmarnock match the mainstanders will be invited in a couple of hours early to see the new stand and to screw their seats into place.

Things have lightened up around here since FA announced his retirement - on more than one occasion so we completely knew he was off -  from the thread :)

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

What is becoming increasingly more obvious is that the closer it gets to the stand being finished the more desperate the Hibs fans are to make up stupid stories etc

They will be hurting for years to come when Tynecastle Park is complete, Edinburghs premier venue for football.

The 21 thousandth 300 and 4th word in the Oxford English dictionary is, and you can check if you don't believe me, "Ginger" :)

Yeah, but what is it in the "Collins Directory"?

Quick question for Thomaso obua or anyone else itk the lower half of the stand will there be steel work or will it be concrete sections ( sure it was mentioned before) without steel from stand to pitchside if so surely that will be alot quicker to install

Quick question for Thomaso obua or anyone else itk the lower half of the stand will there be steel work or will it be concrete sections ( sure it was mentioned before) without steel from stand to pitchside if so surely that will be alot quicker to install

I'd imagine both. Steel work for the concrete to sit on. It would be the same stuff the upper section is made from as that was only required for the top half to avoid too much weight on the new foundations.

Well that doesn't make any sense now does it?

Does'nt it?why do I find that unsurprising.You are one of a number of people on this thread who are not really very nice people.So don't engage with me I wont respond again.

Yeh was thinking steel at the top of concrete section with nothing in-between to ground level large sections should go in jig time the clocks ticking

Club statements on the progress had been few and far between. I note someone said earlier that Ann Budge spoke today and said all was on target for November 5. That is good, but let more of us hear it.

In the information vacuum, we have trolls making mischief and various people spreading spurious rumours. (Some of them not through any evil intentions, I accept.)

What is it we need updating on more than every month or so?

What day the seats are getting installed?

When the big badge is going up?

What sealant is getting used on the monoblock?

Club have done a fine job.

I'd imagine both. Steel work for the concrete to sit on. It would be the same stuff the upper section is made from as that was only required for the top half to avoid too much weight on the new foundations.

Correct

Does'nt it?why do I find that unsurprising.You are one of a number of people on this thread who are not really very nice people.So don't engage with me I wont respond again.

Did you not just call the guy a dope? Not very nice....

Given the standard of the club's updates, I'm glad they haven't bothered giving us many.

They could engage more.

The social media/PR person is doing the minimum work in my eyes. Occasionally take a photo and post it on twitter... great. But nothing on the club site, nothing on the homepage. It could and should be a lot better - even if it were a simple timeline on the main club site with some photos and landmark events (truss going up, old stand being completely flattened etc).

Someone posted a link to Liverpool's site and how much effort they put into keeping fans in the loop on their projects. It creates excitement...

Will there be room for the bottom section? I think they may have built the stand too close to the pitch.

Have you emailed the club to let them know?