New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Bazzas right boot

Btw, green ginger hasn't lost his appetite for making 2+2= 346,780.

Had a gander over on party planners, on their thread about our new coaches, green ginger has mentioned the resignation of the foh chairman and is already putting spin on it.

The guy is a chicken nugget. Absolute melt.

Thanks to everyone who has posted pictures on this thread.  Here's one old guy who is finding the refurbishment of the stadium extremely nostalgic, thanks to the pictures.

In 1958 I took my new girlfriend to a Hearts game and, no expense spared, I took her to the main stand.  The last of the big-time spenders, that was me. :wink:

Hearts played Scotland that night, and won 3-2.  There was pandemonium in the stand, and the noise was deafening when Hearts scored the winner.  Last night I reminded my wife of the occasion and she just shook her head.  She said, "I decided that night that all Hearts supporters are off their head, and nothing has happened since then to make me change my mind."

I take that as a compliment!

Keep the pics coming,lads, and thank you.

I'm similarly nostalgic.  I remember my dad flat refusing to take me to that game.  All the usual blah about school tomorrow.  Fact is, he wanted to go to the pub after the game and I would have been a liability.

My thanks also to the people posting pics.

Dr Budge doesn't half make things happen.

Maple Leaf.  I was at that game in the stand too.  Every time Wee Hammy got he ball on the wing heading towards the school end the stand crowd roared and stamped their feet on the like crazy on the old wooden boards. 

No wonder he roasted the Scotland defence.

Went down today for the first time in over a year.

Couple of pics from the new nursery followed by a couple from the still standing old ticket office and nursery.

2jy6hz.jpg

sgtpua.jpg

2rwvw1y.jpg

xzv4z.jpg

Edited by hughesie27

Thanks to everyone who has posted pictures on this thread.  Here's one old guy who is finding the refurbishment of the stadium extremely nostalgic, thanks to the pictures.

In 1958 I took my new girlfriend to a Hearts game and, no expense spared, I took her to the main stand.  The last of the big-time spenders, that was me. :wink:

Hearts played Scotland that night, and won 3-2.  There was pandemonium in the stand, and the noise was deafening when Hearts scored the winner.  Last night I reminded my wife of the occasion and she just shook her head.  She said, "I decided that night that all Hearts supporters are off their head, and nothing has happened since then to make me change my mind."

Cracking story.

Better than mines about getting stuck in the turnstyles before I was even born - my mum was 8 months pregnant with me at the time!

Went down today for the first time in over a year.

Couple of pics from the new nursery followed by a couple from the still standing old ticket office and nursery.

xzv4z.jpg

the best panoramic picture so far Edited by Mikey1874

highlandjambo3

Here is a little video from yesterday, just to let them know t's all good down Gorgie way.  Not perfect as the bush is in the way but you get the idea. :)

You were of course in the rear seat of the vehicle filming as the driver was concentration on driving right............. :bandana:

Thanks to everyone who has posted pictures on this thread. Here's one old guy who is finding the refurbishment of the stadium extremely nostalgic, thanks to the pictures.

In 1958 I took my new girlfriend to a Hearts game and, no expense spared, I took her to the main stand. The last of the big-time spenders, that was me. :wink:

Hearts played Scotland that night, and won 3-2. There was pandemonium in the stand, and the noise was deafening when Hearts scored the winner. Last night I reminded my wife of the occasion and she just shook her head. She said, "I decided that night that all Hearts supporters are off their head, and nothing has happened since then to make me change my mind."

Your wife's a very perceptive lady :)

Edited by Dannie Boy

Maple Leaf.  I was at that game in the stand too.  Every time Wee Hammy got he ball on the wing heading towards the school end the stand crowd roared and stamped their feet on the like crazy on the old wooden boards. 

No wonder he roasted the Scotland defence.

An absolute screamer from Hamilton which must have been a blur to Tommy younger in the Scottish goal. The late great Dave Mackay scrambled the winner over the line at the  death to send a 14 year old into raptures.

Big Slim Stylee

Or greenginger deleting those deranged posts on dot net when the new stand opens.... [emoji1]

I just don't get that guy at all.  He must have spent hundreds and hundreds of hours obsessing over the minutiae of planning permission, title deeds etc. etc. and for what???  It's really strange behaviour, and that's being hugely kind.

If we're doing anything with those planks of wood I'll be geein them a sniff jolly boy john style. For real

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...a bit disco

If we're doing anything with those planks of wood I'll be geein them a sniff jolly boy john style. For real

:lol:

"Dressed like ma granny wi' a turtle oan ma f****"

RPUUR.jpg

:lol:

"Dressed like ma granny wi' a turtle oan ma *****"

RPUUR.jpg

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] my new screensaver cheers disco

Made the journey down with the family to see the memorial garden, club shop and museum today and absolutely fantastic to see the stadium improve so much in such a short time and with plenty more to come, really makes me proud to be a pledger! The nice young security lad let us use the lift to get to the museum got

some sneaky pics of the empty stadium before going round and getting some of the old stand progress. Exciting and proud times to be a Jambo.

Dear dad,

In order to honour your memory after you told me how many times you had to take it dry from those horrible scumbos.

I have been posting on Hibs.net about how they cheated all and sundry and are the most despicable club ever to be formed. Our fellow Hibbies are lapping up all the shite I have posTed and we are creaming our kegs at theach stuff I am posting about the building of their new stand, despite it being one hundred percent pure bullocks.

Dad I am getting the attention now that you so craved when you were alive. It's great dad our fellow Hibbies are lapping it up. Naturally the Scumbos that post on that shite kickback site are giving it me tight. Like you taught me dad, I'm taking it like a man. Just like you did dad when they went 17 in a row and then 22 in a row unbeaten against us.

I wish you could read what I am posting on Hibs net dad. You would be so proud of me.

You will never have experienced so many fellow Hibs supporters having such a collective orgasm. It is sight to behold dad.

Anyway must go now dad as I have more shite to post now. The chair of their poxy FOH is stepping down and I have dreamt up a brilliant reason why for masses of Green and white brethren. Will speak to you soon dad.

Your loving son Justin(Greenginger).

PS. Mum says she has never heard of you and has no idea who my father is.

jambos are go!

When you see the latest pictures it highlights what a wonderful building the Main Stand is and its a pity that brick exterior could not be fully incorporated into the new structure. But it cant . It was one of the best in the land and I recall Wallace Mercer saying we owed a great debt to the directors who made it happen. He was right!!

Hopefully get a home cup game so all us main standers can shuffle over to the Wheatfield to take in the view

Funny, walking out of the Rangers game I said I hoped we would get a home cup tie so I could sit in the main stand one last time (been in the Gorgie for donkeys).

jamboinglasgow

Drove past it last night and though could not see much as it was dark, everything lit up looked fantastic. Even seeing the back of the flats with lights on added to it.

Shanks said no

As a Main Stand ST holder its beginning to sink in that I may only be able to stand leaning against my pillar another 10 or so times.

You've got a few years on me 123.  I was only 10 at the time but I can remember it clearly apart from one thing.  Who played left back for Scotland that night?

My two season tickets have gone to a guy who wanted to experience the old stand one last time tomorrow. 

I'll get my last chance against Rangers in February after my visit to Starks Park the previous week.

I just remembered, I got allowed in to Tynecastle in the 90s when they were building stands and took a bunch of slides (remember them?) for a uni project- I'll need to ask my mum to dig them out

And to think that some on here were keen to point out 'its just wood metal and bricks, not worth getting emotional over'........

Its amazing just how big the thing looks in all its glory now - sad to think its been hidden away obscured from view all these years. Its great to be able to see it as it currently stands, albeit surrounded by a construction site and machinery.

As I said before, that old stand is the one and only thing which has been a constant between my first game and the current day. Crazy to think just how many memories live within it.

I can definitely see tears being shed when the thing does eventually come down. It'll be the fondest of farewell's for sure.

Btw, green ginger hasn't lost his appetite for making 2+2= 346,780.

Had a gander over on party planners, on their thread about our new coaches, green ginger has mentioned the resignation of the foh chairman and is already putting spin on it.

The guy is a chicken nugget. Absolute melt.

That's offensive to chicken nuggets :(

Funny, walking out of the Rangers game I said I hoped we would get a home cup tie so I could sit in the main stand one last time (been in the Gorgie for donkeys).

Ticket office will let you switch for a game

You've got a few years on me 123.  I was only 10 at the time but I can remember it clearly apart from one thing.  Who played left back for Scotland that night?

My two season tickets have gone to a guy who wanted to experience the old stand one last time tomorrow. 

I'll get my last chance against Rangers in February after my visit to Starks Park the previous week.

I think it was Eric Caldow although Harry Haddock and John Hewie were around at  that time. Maybe London Hearts can clarify. Just as an aside I remember a cheeky newspaper headline at the time  Pick the Hearts team en bloc for the world cup -- Couldn't have happened of course as Gordon Marshall was considered English under the rules at that time. As it was we only had Dave Mackay and Jimmy Murray selected with the latter having the record of being the country,s first goal scorer at the world cup finals. 

August Landmesser

The above pics merged to give a (sort of) panoramic view

tAFYVyT.jpg

Nice work!

Even with all the photos on here, it's still going to be a shock seeing the old girl in all her glory tomorrow. Can't wait!

AllyjamboDerbyshire

In 1958 I took my new girlfriend to a Hearts game and, no expense spared, I took her to the main stand.  The last of the big-time spendeers, that was me. :wink:

Nice story, Maple. I remember reading about that match many years ago and that the SFA were so embarrassed/incensed by the result they 'banned' Scotland from playing club sides in warm-up matches ever again, though I think Scotland may have played a club side relatively recently??

:wow:

Leave it as is... looks great!

The old brickwork is lovely - but the new curved glass fa?ade will blow you away! :brows:

WE BUILD WHERE WE WANT, WE BUILD WHERE WE WA-AAAANT. THE COONSIL ARE JAMBOS, WE BUILD WHERE WE WANT.

Aw no cos what greeminger said does that mean we have Tae put it all back? Ahm boakin

The above pics merged to give a (sort of) panoramic view

tAFYVyT.jpg

What a fabulous picture.  That building is ******* iconic.  What a shame that it's been hidden all these years.

Is it just me?

The old main stand is as handsome as a fishbox!

I will be glad to see the back of it. Its reekin! Looks like an old prison or something.

Great pics of the site being cleared BTW - Thanks for the updates. Looking forward to the new frame going up.

Edited by Pans Jambo

Is it just me?

The old main stand is as handsome as a fishbox!

I will be glad to see the back of it. Its reekin! Looks like an old prison or something.

Great pics of the site being cleared BTW - Thanks for the updates. Looking forward to the new frame going up.

I have very fond memories of it, but I think it looks shabby and dilapidated now. I can't lie about it. I am enjoying seeing it unobstructed, but I do not think it's particularly attractive. It reminds me of the old "Sweets" factory that was converted in to flats (The Maltings) on Slateford Road beside Matalan/Jewson.

Hey Greenginger?

Where's the nursery ya fecking deviant ?

Or is that photo faked ya feckin one eyed, three fingered mutant ?

:fth:

:pleasing: