New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

I take it the truss is attaching to the floodlight metalwork? If not what does it fix onto?

Connor Sammon.......they needed something that wouldn't move

This is why we really signed him

Connor Sammon.......they needed something that wouldn't move

This is why we really signed him

Nah, much like his play, he still couldnae hold it up

highlandjambo3

With the work finished by Friday, I agree there will be little that will change in this week except the clearing up. Though is the hedge around the nursery coming down?

Then it is quiet over the holiday period and soon after new year is the start of the construction.

goose bumps there

With the work finished by Friday, I agree there will be little that will change in this week except the clearing up. Though is the hedge around the nursery coming down?

Then it is quiet over the holiday period and soon after new year is the start of the construction.

I think they might keep a lot of the hedge as on the plans for the new stand there's one shown pretty much in the same place. They just need to add a bit more hedging to get it curving round to where the new stand comes out.

Correct. It'll be along the lines of the other three stands which connect via the floodlights. And (I'm assuming) will be if the same or similar design.

Correct

106aedf5c8cb14f8f4c6dd9b0ff1cdca.png

Just been for a walk along McLeod Street, progress going well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to give these oxygen thieves praise but.... Great detail! Even got Pieman driving the tractor.... and the Willie Bauld Suite is accurate.

Hate to give these oxygen thieves praise but.... Great detail! Even got Pieman driving the tractor.... and the Willie Bauld Suite is accurate.

I thought it was a chunky Levein in the cab.

Hope they get rid of the track when they lay the new pitch. New electronic advertising boards the whole way round the pitch would be nice also

Hope they get rid of the track when they lay the new pitch. New electronic advertising boards the whole way round the pitch would be nice also

And have what in its place ?

The edging around the pitch? That'll be staying - they re-did that a year or two ago and made a statement about it now being maroon instead of a tired red.

While electronic ad boards around the pitch would bring in more money, I'd be against it. I hate flashy ads during the game, especially ones that change colours rapidly and move.

The edging around the pitch? That'll be staying - they re-did that a year or two ago and made a statement about it now being maroon instead of a tired red.

While electronic ad boards around the pitch would bring in more money, I'd be against it. I hate flashy ads during the game, especially ones that change colours rapidly and move.

You're probably right regarding the track. I like the electronic scoreboards. Much more modern.

Allowayjambo1874

Bit of a random question but anyone know what will happen to Gorgie suite when main stand all up and running? Will we continue to have that as an 'extra' hospitality area? Apologies if this has been covered before.

Bit of a random question but anyone know what will happen to Gorgie suite when main stand all up and running? Will we continue to have that as an 'extra' hospitality area? Apologies if this has been covered before.

I think it will give them more scope to offer different packages.

The high end hospitality will move to the new stand restaurant so the Gorgie suite will probably take on more of a "pie and a pint" role, or family club hospitality depending on demand and match category.

I think something was mentioned about this on one of the Q and A sessions with AB recently, but I can't remember much more detail.

You also have to remember timescales, because although seating for match days and toilets in the stand etc will be ready at the start of next season, the other facilities such as hospitality, new club shop and offices will take a good bit longer to complete, so it will probably be spring/summer 2018 before all that opens up and they can move hospitality into the new stand and free up the space.

Edited by BigC

Jambof3tornado

The maroon-ish carpet needs stretched a bit. The section in front of us at E is all rucked up.

I take it the truss is attaching to the floodlight metalwork? If not what does it fix onto?

Believe it or not but the truss is NOT secured by bolts ect onto the supports. The truss just sits on the plate and with the weight of it it would be impossible to move. Jim Clydesdale told me this which i found surprising but that is a fact.

I think Ann mentioned on the radio when asked recently that the Gorgie suite will remain.

I imagine they'll revamp it a little, maybe offer a few more lower-end hospitality packages, with the new main getting the high end stuff

Ah the good old Gorgie Suite.

First time in there at the weekend and got as pished as a fart.

Pity about the match.

Were you not down for leading the singing second half?

AB confirmed at the AGM today that new main truss will be in place by end of January. The rest of the steel work will also begin. She expects the outer glass "curtain" (basically the facade) to be in place by end of April

?300k towards the outstanding ?3 million already raised. Everything going towards main stand just now. (I assume that may mean any Jan transfer fees.) Confident of raising money. Talked a bit about debentures - wants it to be accessible to ordinary fan too not just corporate.

Part of interview with Ann Budge on BBC Sportsound.

Edited by Mikey1874

There was a bigger song and dance when I got home with a cut face after it ended up in someone's bush.

My wife wasn't best pleased.

:muggy:

No wonder, by cut do you mean stubble rash?

There's something about Tynecastle at night when your walking to the stadium seeing the floodlights beaming gives me a buzz.

No finer sight in Scottish football. Especially if heading to a big midweek game, Rangers, Celtic, Hibs, or Aberdeen.

Pretty sure there were some great pics of Tynecastle and the surrounding streets at night while a game was being played by a professional photographer a few years ago but not seen them for a while, anyone know where you can access them?

There was a bigger song and dance when I got home with a cut face after it ended up in someone's bush.

Still carrying the scars today. :)

?300k towards the outstanding ?3 million already raised. Everything going towards main stand just now. (I assume that may mean any Jan transfer fees.) Confident of raising money. Talked a bit about debentures - wants it to be accessible to ordinary fan too not just corporate.

Part of interview with Ann Budge on BBC Sportsound.

We are also potentially in a position to get over ?1million for fees due for players leaving; Paterson, Mcghee and Nicholson are players we are entitled to fees for if they leave at the end of the season.

Allowayjambo1874

OK I will do it

:oohmatron:  

Believe it or not but the truss is NOT secured by bolts ect onto the supports. The truss just sits on the plate and with the weight of it it would be impossible to move. Jim Clydesdale told me this which i found surprising but that is a fact.

When you think about it, it makes sense.

The downward forces from literally tons of truss and roof mean that it's going nowhere. And if there ever were enough force to move it, a few wee bolts wouldn't hold it in place, they'd be sheared immediately.

Interesting though!

The downward forces from literally tons of truss and roof mean that it's going nowhere. And if there ever were enough force to move it, a few wee bolts wouldn't hold it in place, they'd be sheared immediately.

Interesting though!

The bolts would be fine as the steel would break first, because we use inferior steel. Apparently.

The bolts would be fine as the steel would break first, because we use inferior steel. Apparently.

Ah of course, dirty foreign steel wasn't it?

Dot netters still adamant that Ann is money grabbing by delaying the repayment so she gets more interest.

No mention that the delay in buying the club from her was voted and agreed nigh on unanimously.

No mention that she has foregone her interest in this additional period, as her (incredibly generous) donation to the build.

No mention that she takes no salary from her full time role.

She's simply taking us for a ride. :lol:

Dot netters still adamant that Ann is money grabbing by delaying the repayment so she gets more interest.

No mention that the delay in buying the club from her was voted and agreed nigh on unanimously.

No mention that she has foregone her interest in this additional period, as her (incredibly generous) donation to the build.

...and the ?3M raised from her rich benefactor chums :)

...and the ?3M raised from her rich benefactor chums :)

And of course Greenginger has waded in with his inside info...

"IIRC the Foundation cash was used first to pay the Club's football debts left by the Lith's.

Then , for 2 years they would provide around ? 1 million working capital for the club, some of which would go to Mrs Budge for the interest on her ? 2.5 million outlay to buy the Club from the administrators.

After that the Foundation cash was going to pay down Mrs B's outlay an the club would be transferred to the Foundation.

But, a brand new Budgie Stand Project arose so the scarf twirillers have to pay for that first."

So we HAVE to pay for the stand first. At no point was it put to the FOH pledgers to vote on the issue.

Big bad Anndolf Hitler and Craigrich Himmler forcing the Jambo Diktat.

No finer sight in Scottish football. Especially if heading to a big midweek game, Rangers, Celtic, Hibs, or Aberdeen.

Pretty sure there were some great pics of Tynecastle and the surrounding streets at night while a game was being played by a professional photographer a few years ago but not seen them for a while, anyone know where you can access them?

Club shop is selling framed photos taken outside Tynecastle during or just before a night game

We are also potentially in a position to get over ?1million for fees due for players leaving; Paterson, Mcghee and Nicholson are players we are entitled to fees for if they leave at the end of the season.

Billy King to if Cathro doesn't want to keep him after his six months extension Robbie gave him.

Interesting though!

I can assure you that the new truss will be bolted into position.

AB confirmed at the AGM today that new main truss will be in place by end of January. The rest of the steel work will also begin. She expects the outer glass "curtain" (basically the facade) to be in place by end of April

The installation of the glazed fa?ade will COMMENCE on site in middle of April.  It will be complete approximately 12 weeks later.

Its not just the dot nutters who buy into that carp.

There was a thread from a (supposed) Hearts fan on Saturday night along those lines.

The thread must have got deleted. Everyone was just laughing at him anyway. Think he was drunk.