New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

The Natural Order

Kila - hope this link works for the photos I've scanned in this am - the video footage might be a bit more problematic in arranging but I'll see what I can do

https://www.flickr.com/photos/88101685@N06[email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript">/* */</script>[email protected]-NTDpzb-Qb1RaV-PB6SuG-PB6SvJ-Q7HGA3

Stuart, they're amazing photos. When the new stand opens the club should do an exhibition using them. Thanks for sharing!

Glad people enjoyed my wee video! I have a lot more footage but Youtube limited you to a max of 10 minutes when that was submitted. I also have loads of still photos of the construction.

Great stuff.  Thanks.

Thanks for the kind comments about the photos lads!

Scott H - never a Leslie's man (to full of supporters of green wearing teams) but did drink in Swanny's until about 4 years ago. That's where I would occasionally meet Keith but I haven't seen him for a good while - hope he is well!

Sir Talbot Buxomly

Aye I noticed that. I wonder why it was there originally. Do you think there was going to be access/exit to/from the lower section? But why only there? Must have been a plan by the pieman to make the wheatfield the main stand.

There's two similar recesses at each end of the Wheatfield stand. I've always assumed they were just additional TV camera positions.

Thanks for the kind comments about the photos lads!

Scott H - never a Leslie's man (to full of supporters of green wearing teams) but did drink in Swanny's until about 4 years ago. That's where I would occasionally meet Keith but I haven't seen him for a good while - hope he is well!

Nice pictures Stuart, thanks. Still drinking in Leslies?

Used to be a Leslie's & Swanny's man masel!

The Natural Order

Was there any reason ever given why the main supports were pink? 

The upright pylons where originally going to be boxed in, only the front roof truss was meant to be left exposed. The pink paint is a rust proof primer that was never meant to be seen. We just never spent the money painting them when the decision was made to leave the pylons exposed.

The Natural Order

There's two similar recesses at each end of the Wheatfield stand. I've always assumed they were just additional TV camera positions.

Know the two doors in the Gorgie Stand that lead down into the Gorgie Suit? That's what these three openings are in the Wheatfield, they where supposed to lead down into the area under the concourse. That area should/could have had something like function suit(s), bar, additional pie stalls etc. Pieman just parked his cars there instead.

The upright pylons where originally going to be boxed in, only the front roof truss was meant to be left exposed. The pink paint is a rust proof primer that was never meant to be seen. We just never spent the money painting them when the decision was made to leave the pylons exposed.

Where did you get all that from?  On all the plans I saw the corner pylons were always exposed.  The pink paint is a finishing coat - the primer is underneath.

I wonder what the boxed in look would've been like. Were there any artist impressions of it? I like the exposed look though, and from the documents from the council planning, it seems the exposed pylons allow light to penetrate to nearby tenements, something that must remain

Bazzas right boot

Self cleaning glass?

Not having that.

I'd be up for the test, smear one of my king Kong's fingers all about it, it will still be there in the morning.

No way it will clean itself!

Bazzas right boot

I worked with the stuff for 24 years. I know the terms.

Impressive, but I've lived with the stuff since birth.

Been in every house I've ever had

Self cleaning glass?

Not having that.

I'd be up for the test, smear one of my king Kong's fingers all about it, it will still be there in the morning.

As well as self cleaning ovens

Self cleaning glass?

Not having that.

In time, it will!

In 2001, Pilkington Glass announced the development of the first self-cleaning windows, Pilkington Activ?, and in the following months several other major glass companies released similar products. As a result, glazing is perhaps the largest commercial application of self-cleaning coatings to date. All of these windows are coated with a thin transparent layer of titanium dioxide. This coating acts to clean the window in two stages, using two distinct properties: photocatalysis and hydrophilicity. In sunlight, photocatalysis causes the coating to chemically break down organic dirt adsorbed onto the window. When the glass is wet by rain or other water, hydrophilicity reduces contact angles to very low values, causing the water to form a thin layer rather than droplets, and this layer washes dirt away.

Decent pics. Love seeing the rubble and sun breaking through, quite a sight.

Access for Saturday's game looks a bit tight, especially for wheelchairs etc.

To the main stand? Has it ever catered to wheelchair users? Other stands surely unaffected?

Nucky Thompson

Access for Saturday's game looks a bit tight, especially for wheelchairs etc.

Do you think so? I thought it looked fine going by that latest picture

Decent pics. Love seeing the rubble and sun breaking through, quite a sight.

To the main stand? Has it ever catered to wheelchair users? Other stands surely unaffected?

I usually take my dad in his chair. There is a lift in the corner between the main and Gorgie stands. I usually wheel him down MacLeod street and past the old stone office and then turn left to get access. Nightmare when its busy with people. Should be OK but just planning ahead,

Couple more pics,

598c2004155ef61953568ab4f06c0dc7.jpg

Site almost cleared on this side now..

What's left of the nursery..

The rubble from the shop being cleared away..

:yas:

YAS....  we have some photo updates! 

:walk_man:

I got sent this earlier: It's a selection of Greenginger's amazing insights, taking from the Hibs.net thread.

?Trying to build the new stand around the old stand is as crazy an idea as anything Mad Vlad came up with, but what won't be allowed is any start to construction work until the temporary nursery accommodation is built round in Wheatfield street. There is not even a planning application for it yet.?

?As for cash, the first 2 or was it 3 years of d.d.s went toward the clubs working capital so it is spent. The new stand kitty is only now being raised?

?What about (a) replacement nursery? Just for starters !?

?Knocking down own some old buildings in November. Nursery , ticket office , .... Hope Mrs Budge is aware Hearts don't own any of these properties yet.?

?How is the new ticket office and shop progressing under the Wheatfield stand ? There is still no building warrant for the work , and, even if it is progressing I doubt it will be ready by November.?

?And the replacement nursery to be built in Wheatfield street, no sign of even a planning application for it never mind the accommodation being ready for kids.?

?What better to get the people onside than to give the impression that the mega stand project is underway.?

?work cannot start on demolishions until new temp nursery ready for occupation. Work won't start until planning permission for new stand granted.?

?To attempt to lift the new stand beam from behind the old stand, working blind , would be crazy.?

?Where to start, firstly Mrs Budge stated at the beginning of the year Hearts had already purchased a piece of the property required for the new stand, the old stone offices . These are still owned by the Chris Stewart Groop.?

?The nursery can't be demolished until the temporary one is operational. There isn't even a planning application in for it yet.?

?The work in the Wheatfield stand undercroft is progressing, sure, but there's not been a building warrant issued for the work . But the new folk are not like Vlad.?

?I will just have to keep digging out inconvenient facts for them, just to keep the muppets pissed off.?

?As for the demolition of the nursery, the temporary replacement accommodation has not even been applied for yet, never mind actually started.?

?Thing is their pitch isn't even 100 meters long?

?The old offices can't be demolished before the new ones under the Wheatfield Stand are complete and ready for occupation. They are still at the brickwork stage and still not got a building warrant for the work yet.?

?The old nursery can't be demolished until the temporary replacement is built and ready for occupation. That project is still at the planning department stage.?

?The Chris Stewart company ( SC 480719 ) which holds title to the offices Hearts are renting and are still being used as security by the company for a loan they have from PSSF Sterling B.V.
If Mrs Budge has bought the offices the loan would have been repaid and the Security noted as " satisfied ". Company House still notes the security as " unsatisfied "?

?The Council planning website has an application number 16/04704 for temporary nursery accommodation to be located on Hearts property in Wheatfield Street. The application is noted as " awaiting assessment " by the planners, and a decision is some weeks away. Then a building warrant will be required, and then work can start on constructing the temporary nursery .
After that is complete the Gorgie sprogs can moved from behind the stand and work could start on the demolition , that's if they have agreed a price with Council for the property .?

?Companies House site still notes the Chris Stewart company using the property as security, so things ain't moved that far.?

?Just drove down Mcleod Street this morning and the building is still there. A small outshoot at the back has been pulled down.?

?Also, as of this morning , the Chris Stewart Group is still using the property ( Land Registry No. 101939 ) as security for the companies borrowings.?

?So , they are occupying a building that does not even have a warrant to start construction, never mind a completion certificate . Insurance ??

?You are the one who said Hearts had opened their shop and ticket office in the new build under the Wheatfield Stand. You obviously don't know what's happening at you own club.?

?Its all public information if you know where to look, but in the case of many Yams they just preferred to be spoonfed bull***** by Lithuanians than actually look for the truth themselves.?

?What's your problem ? This is a thread about the soon to be built Yam stand. If you don't like it there are hundreds of other threads to log on to.?

4143622bac0ea74889f7ffae44a4874b.jpg

Bazzas right boot

I got sent this earlier: It's a selection of Greenginger's amazing insights, taking from the Hibs.net thread.

?Trying to build the new stand around the old stand is as crazy an idea as anything Mad Vlad came up with, but what won't be allowed is any start to construction work until the temporary nursery accommodation is built round in Wheatfield street. There is not even a planning application for it yet.?

?As for cash, the first 2 or was it 3 years of d.d.s went toward the clubs working capital so it is spent. The new stand kitty is only now being raised?

?Knocking down own some old buildings in November. Nursery , ticket office , .... Hope Mrs Budge is aware Hearts don't own any of these properties yet.?

?How is the new ticket office and shop progressing under the Wheatfield stand ? There is still no building warrant for the work , and, even if it is progressing I doubt it will be ready by November.?

?And the replacement nursery to be built in Wheatfield street, no sign of even a planning application for it never mind the accommodation being ready for kids.?

?What better to get the people onside than to give the impression that the mega stand project is underway.?

?work cannot start on demolishions until new temp nursery ready for occupation. Work won't start until planning permission for new stand granted.?

?To attempt to lift the new stand beam from behind the old stand, working blind , would be crazy.?

?Where to start, firstly Mrs Budge stated at the beginning of the year Hearts had already purchased a piece of the property required for the new stand, the old stone offices . These are still owned by the Chris Stewart Groop.?

?The nursery can't be demolished until the temporary one is operational. There isn't even a planning application in for it yet.?

?The work in the Wheatfield stand undercroft is progressing, sure, but there's not been a building warrant issued for the work . But the new folk are not like Vlad.?

?I will just have to keep digging out inconvenient facts for them, just to keep the muppets pissed off.?

?As for the demolition of the nursery, the temporary replacement accommodation has not even been applied for yet, never mind actually started.?

?The old offices can't be demolished before the new ones under the Wheatfield Stand are complete and ready for occupation. They are still at the brickwork stage and still not got a building warrant for the work yet.?

?The old nursery can't be demolished until the temporary replacement is built and ready for occupation. That project is still at the planning department stage.?

?The Chris Stewart company ( SC 480719 ) which holds title to the offices Hearts are renting and are still being used as security by the company for a loan they have from PSSF Sterling B.V.

If Mrs Budge has bought the offices the loan would have been repaid and the Security noted as " satisfied ". Company House still notes the security as " unsatisfied "?

?The Council planning website has an application number 16/04704 for temporary nursery accommodation to be located on Hearts property in Wheatfield Street. The application is noted as " awaiting assessment " by the planners, and a decision is some weeks away. Then a building warrant will be required, and then work can start on constructing the temporary nursery .

After that is complete the Gorgie sprogs can moved from behind the stand and work could start on the demolition , that's if they have agreed a price with Council for the property .?

?Companies House site still notes the Chris Stewart company using the property as security, so things ain't moved that far.?

?Just drove down Mcleod Street this morning and the building is still there. A small outshoot at the back has been pulled down.?

?Also, as of this morning , the Chris Stewart Group is still using the property ( Land Registry No. 101939 ) as security for the companies borrowings.?

?So , they are occupying a building that does not even have a warrant to start construction, never mind a completion certificate . Insurance ??

?You are the one who said Hearts had opened their shop and ticket office in the new build under the Wheatfield Stand. You obviously don't know what's happening at you own club.?

?Its all public information if you know where to look, but in the case of many Yams they just preferred to be spoonfed bull***** by Lithuanians than actually look for the truth themselves.?

?What's your problem ? This is a thread about the soon to be built Yam stand. If you don't like it there are hundreds of other threads to log on to.?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161214/4143622bac0ea74889f7ffae44a4874b.jpg[/imge]

The saying "a picture speaks a thousand words has never been more true."

Not too clear from the picture but I think the nursery may have been demolished.

Can anyone confirm ?

:rofl:

Lets hope the kids made it out before the wrecking machine started.  :tank:

I got sent this earlier: It's a selection of Greenginger's amazing insights, taking from the Hibs.net thread.

Buffalo Bill has just won the Internet!

:wow:

:verysmug:

Why were they all lapping it all up though? Surely if all of his ramblings came true it would have been one of the biggest building site scandals Edinburgh has seen since the ruins on Calton Hill? It was always going to fall flat on his face. Unfortunately not literally.

I'd love for someone to post this on .net even for the 5mins before deletion.

Why were they all lapping it all up though? Surely if all of his ramblings came true it would have been one of the biggest building site scandals Edinburgh has seen since the ruins on Calton Hill? It was always going to fall flat on his face. Unfortunately not literally.

They believed him to begin with... then they had to accept they had backed another three legged donkey, after the Sergey debacle, and so they tried to save face by saying that they were glad he was keeping a watchful eye on proceedings, and that his information has been informative and interesting! :rofl:

That whole thread is not only embarrassing in ighlighting their desperate and bitter broken-mindedness, but it is littered with paedo and saville comments and really shows up how disgusting the users of that site are. :yucky:

Think we're well on track

Just need to find those building warrants... my guess is they are in a freezer somewhere in a mislabelled box marked: 'FROZEN SHARES".

Dave McCreery's knee

They believed him to begin with... then they had to accept they had backed another three legged donkey, after the Sergey debacle, and so they tried to save face by saying that they were glad he was keeping a watchful eye on proceedings, and that his information has been informative and interesting! :rofl:

That whole thread is not only embarrassing in ighlighting their desperate and bitter broken-mindedness, but it is littered with paedo and saville comments and really shows up how disgusting the users of that site are. :yucky:

Last time they focused on us and not their own deficiencies they were relegated. As an established lower league team, they really should be more concerned with their own playing and financial struggles.

Last time they focused on us and not their own deficiencies they were relegated. As an established lower league team, they really should be more concerned with their own playing and financial struggles.

You would think, eh? :rofl:

It's good that they have someone posting "interesting" and "informative" information about our plight though. :lol:

August Landmesser

Just need to find those building warrants... my guess is they are in a freezer somewhere in a mislabelled box marked: 'FROZEN SHARES".

Or they're stuffed inside a poppy collection tin...

August Landmesser

It's like simpleton bingo! :rofl:

Bingo, like what those Lithuanian pensioners loved to play.

When they could still afford it likesay

Bingo, like what those Lithuanian pensioners loved to play.

When they could still afford it likesay

Pretty sure we stole poppies from Bosnians too at some point, or something similar... might have been share freezers?

maroonlegions

Those on .Net lapping up Greenfingered slaverings are just what i expect from Hibs fans. Hobo at work came out with this today, "Hibs are going to open up the main stand as a Doctors surgery" at the end of the season... i of course was right in there with.." aye  there will be big queues for meth eh after you feck up the play offs again".. FTH.  

Edited by maroonlegions

Those on .Net lapping up Greenfingered slaverings are just what i expect from Hibs fans. Hobo at work came out with this today, "Hibs are going to open up the main stand as a Doctors surgery" at the end of the season... i of course was right in there with.." aye  there will be big queues for meth eh after you feck up the play offs again".. FTH.  

I was speaking to a couple of Hibees I know last week and they said we were having to borrow more money to pay for the new stand and we would also be selling 4 players in January.

I asked how they knew this and they said trust us we know.

Absolute roasters.

maroonlegions

I was speaking to a couple of Hibees I know last week and they said we were having to borrow more money to pay for the new stand and we would also be selling 4 players in January.

I asked how they knew this and they said trust us we know.

Absolute roasters.

Fantasists and bitter jealous loosers.