New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Big Slim Stylee

That first pic. Theyve killed my pie stall :(

Should have requested they included the entire structure in the auction!  Bet that would have gone down well at home.  "Did you get anything in the sale?"  "Oh just a couple of small things."

bernardbresslawsarmchair

Top picture feels like it could be the roof of an old train station.

Great pics

Looking at the pics their is no way the police box isn't going to be in the way of the end seats 

Any idea what date the old stand will be completely gone?

To be cleared in early July.

Was in one of Ann's statements.

19059511_1801995413449658_60276361580200

Taken from a friend's FB page. I'm sure he won't mind :)

Cracking picture, everyone's pictures have been unreal

Re the glass facades, Henshaw's website has example of work done.

They have also been provided costings for the size of the contract.  Maybe by September / October time they will have added the Tynecastle costings - although if I was them I'd avoid putting them up like the plague....  :)

Here is the link to curtain wall and fa?ade projects

http://www.charles-henshaw.com/html/curtainwall/curtainwall.html

And link to all the type of work they do

http://www.charles-henshaw.com/products.html

station_jambo

Re the glass facades, Henshaw's website has example of work done.

They have also been provided costings for the size of the contract.  Maybe by September / October time they will have added the Tynecastle costings - although if I was them I'd avoid putting them up like the plague....  :)

Here is the link to curtain wall and fa?ade projects

http://www.charles-henshaw.com/html/curtainwall/curtainwall.html

And link to all the type of work they do

http://www.charles-henshaw.com/products.html

The Cadence project on the facade projects is my office.

Oooft!! Best pic yet for me :sweeet:

Don't worry though, the other pics are good also lads!!

Must admit I'm also impressed that we've come this far without any of the works encroaching on to the pitch as well.

I dare say at some point they will 'need' to during the construction work, but its looking like the damage to the pitch which a lot of us predicted isn't forthcoming.

Buffalo Bill

Must admit I'm also impressed that we've come this far without any of the works encroaching on to the pitch as well.

I dare say at some point they will 'need' to during the construction work, but its looking like the damage to the pitch which a lot of us predicted isn't forthcoming.

Re the construction of the rest of the stand:

Perhaps if they start at the Gorgie Road end and then work their way back they won't need to encroach the pitch?

That would include the steel framework, internal concrete flooring and the concrete terracing.

Perhaps if they start at the Gorgie Road end and then work their way back they won't need to encroach the pitch?

That would include the steel framework, internal concrete flooring and the concrete terracing.

No idea if that's feasible or not, but would be very impressive if they could :)

There will be 5 meters from the bottom of the stand to the pitch side. 

I think the last 9 or so row's, which require little steel work, will be dropped in last to give them more room.

Big thank you to all the pictures takers, keep them coming.

Nae bother BB.... although the Royalties and praise should go to Cousin JW  for this as she's been keeping me updated.

Edited by dannymack

The whole purpose was to to try and re capture as near as possible the same angle from the old image to the new one. 

18447053_10212798215413101_3087932601366

I live in Norway now but remember when the other stands went up and how great it was to see them progress. So these pictures are fantastic and I look forward to them every day to see the progress as this time I can't see it for myself.

Thanks to all, it's very much appreciated.

Hagar the Horrible

19105847_10213158607182670_1999032577180

Its sad that so many shops selling hats are out of business?   Flat-Caps-R-US missing from the high street,  dont get me started on Donkey Jackets

The Natural Order

Imagine being in the middle of that and bursting on a pesh. :28:

That's what your empty beer can was for.

Looking at the pics their is no way the police box isn't going to be in the way of the end seats

Was in TO today - looks like the seats in line with police box are NOT being sold.

19105847_10213158607182670_1999032577180

Thanks for that photo and to all who have contributed with the images.This one in particular,if you look at the turnstiles they are the same as when I went into the school end.Not the flat cap era haha.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Was in TO today - looks like the seats in line with police box are NOT being sold.

So we could be losing 50 plus seats. I can't think where else we could put the box as it would block views in any of the other corners as well. Do they really need a view of the pitch at all times when cctv is there anyway.

All roads lead to Gorgie

That's what your empty beer can was for.

A bit risky that. Sharp edges and the member could all end in tears. :tiny:

stuarty1874

Reading this thread, whilst passing by on the No 1 Bus and taking a swatch down Macleod Street. Sureal.

Isn't there unused space on the ground floor of the new stand?

Removing the Police box and setting up some sort of control room in there might be an option. The police box is tiny as it is so wouldn't take up too much room.

Sure the club will have thought of everything anyway.

been here before

The whole purpose was to to try and re capture as near as possible the same angle from the old image to the new one.

18447053_10212798215413101_3087932601366

Love these sort of here and then pictures.

Two very different worlds.

That makes no sense to build a stand knowing certain seats would never be sold ?

We cant have possibly forgot the police box when designing it.

Maybe that is the ?3m architect mistake :-)

Edited by Jamboelite

another thought could one of those saplings be 'THE TREE' ?

Too close the tree was slightly further over was it not.....then again maybe

Too close the tree was slightly further over was it not.....then again maybe

yes your probably right I was just thinking it would have been good if it was in that photo .

indianajones

another thought could one of those saplings be 'THE TREE' ?

Nice thought but none of them are Larch trees.

THE Tree wasnt that old either. 

Nice thought but none of them are Larch trees.

THE Tree wasnt that old either.

oh well.Its still a brilliant photo.Tynie full but still a crush to get in .

Buffalo Bill

Dannymack, those 1994 pictures are amazing. Reminds me of the summer I passed my driving test and I used to stop off there, in my crappy wee Austin Metro to take a look at the progress.

The Wheatfield/Roseburn/Gorgie plans came out at the end of 1992. Incredibly to think it's taken 25 years to fully complete our stadium. Totti was just starting out at Roma!

sairyinthat

watched them lifting precast slabs maybe 2metresX2.5 with a check cut out at one corner over to the pitch side,looked to me like a landing you get when climbing a steep staircase only way I can describe it

The Future's Maroon

IMG_7350.jpg

IMG_7353.jpg

IMG_7359.jpg

IMG_7363.jpg

Stunning pictures, this is going to be a thing of beauty when finished.

Thanks for the pics, never changed my desktop background/phone/iPad wallpapers so much in my puff lol.

FarmerTweedy

So we could be losing 50 plus seats. I can't think where else we could put the box as it would block views in any of the other corners as well. Do they really need a view of the pitch at all times when cctv is there anyway.

Hopefully (and I'm not ITK in any way, so nobody should be getting their hopes up based on this post!), when the new stand is complete, including the new police facilities that are going in it near the Roseburn end, the existing box will be redundant and will be removed. It's possible that this is all part of the plan but that the police won't sign off on the existing box being removed until they've got the new one up and running and that the club have simply decided not to make any announcement in advance just in case unforeseen issues arise.

Unknown user

Hopefully (and I'm not ITK in any way, so nobody should be getting their hopes up based on this post!), when the new stand is complete, including the new police facilities that are going in it near the Roseburn end, the existing box will be redundant and will be removed. It's possible that this is all part of the plan but that the police won't sign off on the existing box being removed until they've got the new one up and running and that the club have simply decided not to make any announcement in advance just in case unforeseen issues arise.

That's pretty much what I'd been thinking but I couldn't be arsed typing it out