Tony Watt signs

Generic Username

station_jambo

Everyone going on about his attitude...........We have a player who IMO think has the worst attitude ive seen at hearts in a long time

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone going on about his attitude...........We have a player who IMO think has the worst attitude ive seen at hearts in a long time

Juanma?

Who wont be here when the window shuts

The Treasurer

Also players signed from British football, which again we said we wouldn't be doing.

Don't think we said we wouldn't be signing British players, just that it was harder to get value for money from them.

But don't let the facts distort your view of things

Jamtarts-1874

Unlikely unless getting released from contract but you never know

contract at Charlton is to end June 2018

I would like us to sign him. Young Pacey and has potential, but Iam not a fan of loan deals. He would be on a decent wage and if he does well he goes back to Charlton or gets punted to another team.

Lets hope if the deal comes of it does include some sort of permanant option, maybe Charlton want rid.

siegementality

Out of sync with our normal pattern. Dubious character and a loan signing, 2 things I was happy we said we wouldn't do. I'd be willing to wait. Unless this is a "bonus" signing.

It seems like the 'plan' is no more. We had it bang on in the Championship, signed good quality players for that level, exciting style of football, policy of developing players with sell on value and the players we were signing had to be the right character.

I dunno what's happened to the 'plan' but I'd like it re-introduced.

station_jambo

Juanma?

No Patterson....although Juanma is one i forgot about!

siegementality

Who wont be here when the window shuts

Hopefully you mean Paterson.

Jambo 4 Ever

No Patterson....although Juanma is one i forgot about!

How do you know this though?

Atleast Paterson plays for the jersey!

station_jambo

How do you know this though?

Atleast Paterson plays for the jersey!

How do you know Watt wont?  Id rather have Smith at RB than Billy Big Baws.

He has swagger and a bit of cockyness. I like that in a striker. I see someone saying he had a horrible loan spell at Cardiff and they hated him. Someone obviously needs to tell my Mate then. He's a Cardiff fan and says the fans were desperate for them to keep him.

He has tons of ability. If we can sort his head out it could be a masterstroke.

I presume this wasn't the one you were sworn to secrecy on?

How do you know?

A calculated guess. Heavy hunch. No more than that. If we don't get rid now we have missed his peak value and we'll end up getting 200k. Get rid now and we could get 500k IMO

chester copperpot

How do you know?

Why do you ask a ****ing question every single one of your posts.

Do you not know anything. Sorry but it's getting right on my charlies.

Not for me, a feruz type signing and look how that went with the hobos, I'm sure we can do better than Tony watt , he's living of that one goal against barca

Malcolm Tucker

Not for me, a feruz type signing and look how that went with the hobos, I'm sure we can do better than Tony watt , he's living of that one goal against barca

Hahahahahahahaha wot

Mind that time Feruz played regularly for Celtic and scored in the Champions League? Aye me tae.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Developing other teams players. Well hold me back.

Our 1st 2nd or 3rd target must not have been available. What happened to waiting to see if we got a bargain?

Craig Gordons Gloves

If he scores 15-20 goals a season, i really don't care what is attitude is like tbh. We've got to remember that we're shopping not quite in the clearance aisle of the transfer supermarket but definitely in the 'damaged goods' section for the most part.  I'd quite like it if we signed him and kept Paterson this season.  Smith is good but he is still relatively untested.  I think we can get a good season from Paterson with Smith backing him up before making some money on him next year.

Heartsmad1874

If he scores 15-20 goals a season, i really don't care what is attitude is like tbh. We've got to remember that we're shopping not quite in the clearance aisle of the transfer supermarket but definitely in the 'damaged goods' section for the most part. I'd quite like it if we signed him and kept Paterson this season. Smith is good but he is still relatively untested. I think we can get a good season from Paterson with Smith backing him up before making some money on him next year.

Unless Paterson signs a new contract before leaving we're only getting a development fee for him which isn't good.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If he scores 15-20 goals a season, i really don't care what is attitude is like tbh. We've got to remember that we're shopping not quite in the clearance aisle of the transfer supermarket but definitely in the 'damaged goods' section for the most part.  I'd quite like it if we signed him and kept Paterson this season.  Smith is good but he is still relatively untested.  I think we can get a good season from Paterson with Smith backing him up before making some money on him next year.

making money on Paterson ? That ship has sailed unless he signs a new deal.

Why do you ask a ******* question every single one of your posts.

Do you not know anything. Sorry but it's getting right on my charlies.

Ha ha he's done it for ages.

Jambo 4 Ever

Our 1st 2nd or 3rd target must not have been available. What happened to waiting to see if we got a bargain?

And Zeefuik - proven he can score for us

Mind that time Feruz played regularly for Celtic and scored in the Champions League? Aye me tae.

Aye he scored against barca, and what else has he done, there's a reason why he's had so many clubs in a short career, I for on don't want someone else's problem

We are developing our own players though, many seem to have stalled on ability and on signing contracts though recently, and so it's far from a gaurantee of success either. Also could be a chance of an option to sign him permanently. Who knows, there is potential for him to improve us there, hopefully we can realise it.

Wonder if he is not our only target in that department.

Malcolm Tucker

Aye he scored against barca, and what else has he done, there's a reason why he's had so many clubs in a short career, I for on don't want someone else's problem

He just got capped for Scotland and Charlton want him to stay, however he wants to be closer to home for now. Blackburn would have signed him if he hadn't got injured in April. Cardiff had their own issues which prevented them from signing him too. Oh and Liege paid ?1.3m for him.

"Like Feruz".

:cornette:

station_jambo

In the Championship! LOL

Dalstonjambo

In a lower division. It's not proven he can score goals in this division.

I would imagine this loan signing is a bonus one (the article mentions he is homesick so it's obviously come up at short notice) and we are still looking at other options.

he's Charlton's player by contract but not in reality

even if he does well for Hearts he's very unlikely to play for them again

as others have said decent chance Hearts will do a deal with option to sign

Offer me Watt and Zeefuik and I'll take Watt every time.

He has played at a higher level for longer and scored at this level in Scotland.

He just got capped for Scotland and Charlton want him to stay, however he wants to be closer to home for now. Blackburn would have signed him if he hadn't got injured in April. Cardiff had their own issues which prevented them from signing him too. Oh and Liege paid ?1.3m for him.

"Like Feruz".

:cornette:

I might be wrong but didn't he go on loan to liege?

Never heard a peep about this

and could well be an additional signing with another forward to follow

Malcolm Tucker

Loaned to Lierse, signed for Liege.

HeartOfWestLothian

I don't know why some people are reluctant to loan signings.

The loan market is a great way of us getting in players we could not afford otherwise. We improve them as a player and they improve our performances on the pitch meaning more money through higher league positions, cup runs, Europa games etc.

yes on loan for a year then Liege signed him for ?1.28 million

I would rather give one of our own players game time.

Either Watt plays crap and then we have paid a wage for a player for a year and hampered game time for our own players. Or he plays well and then leaves us at the end of the season to return to his parent club or gets sold onto celtic.

I don't like us taking young players on loan we have no chance of signing.

It's the sort of market we are in up in Scotland. The only way we will see players with ability that other teams fancy is if we rear our own or take on guys who have the ability but are towing some baggage that we hope to be able to work on. Good players with a history of physical or mental issues that have held them back and the like. Some will work out, others won't.

The sad reality of the situation now is that we cannot offer as much money as some really pushy wee small English clubs and so it's necessary to be more shrewd when looking at potential targets.

Malcolm Tucker

Either Watt plays crap and then we have paid a wage for a player for a year and hampered game time for our own players. Or he plays well and then leaves us at the end of the season to return to his parent club or gets sold onto celtic.

Which player would you give game time to ahead of Watt?

Malcolm Tucker

Yep liege paid 1.2 million for him the same money that Derby paid for sammon

Yep who has paid ?1.2m for Islam Feruz?

Watt is a very, very good footballer. He's a good signing.

HeartOfWestLothian

I would rather we played the best players possible.

Yep who has paid ?1.2m for Islam Feruz?

Watt is a very, very good footballer. He's a good signing.

Talking like its a done deal. This happening?

Malcolm Tucker

Talking like its a done deal. This happening?

No idea! The language used by the journo down south seemed very certain, I think it'll happen but it's a feeling more than any ITK knowledge.

As I've said not a signing I'd like to see but I'd be delighted if he came in and scored goals for us ,

I just have a bad feeling about it, but I'd love to be proven wrong .

Which player would you give game time to ahead of Watt?

Its actually a bit of a failure and a sad indictment that you couldn't really identify one young striker brought through at our club who is remotely ready for a chance. Nine external signings for our under 20's this summer. Almost unnoticed by most but hugely significant IMO. Suggests that not only are we not producing many players promotable to the first team, we don't have anything coming from the 17/18 group either. 

This could work out well for Watt and consequently for Hearts.

If he came to us and hit the ground running with a few goals he would be a cert for the World Cup quals starting in September with Malta, then Lithuania and of course the Auld Enemy in November.  Surely that would appeal to any true hairy-arsed Scotsman

Archived