Tony Watt signs

Generic Username

sairyinthat

Your a comedian man. Paterson with 1 year left in his contract is going to go for more than 1 million despite the fact his performances barely justify a start for Hearts. Nice one.

Yup.And your'e talking shite about his performances also. Exactly hom much did Sow go for?And how long was the period running down on his?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watt happened to the thread......................

Aye sorry that was partly me. Very happy if we sign Watt. Risky, but a risk worth taking. Hope it happens.

Anyway........................back to the thread subject, if he comes here lets give him our full backing, no writing him off after the first game if he doesn't score a hat-trick.

Yep who has paid ?1.2m for Islam Feruz?

Watt is a very, very good footballer. He's a good signing.

This is the correct answer and if we arrange first dibs to buy at the end of the loan period.

It is a no brainer and a great piece of business. This guy is quality.

Well, I'm cautiously pleased about this. Watt has undoubted talent and would certainly offer us something different. If his attitude is rubbish, well, we only have him on loan for the season.

As others have said, we don't have the cash to buy genuine talent unless there are strings attached. A lot of our signings will have an element of risk. I think this one is worth it.

CP has played 117 games for Hearts scoring 26  goals capped at all youth levels since 18 and now an Internationalist

Fantastic player yet some want to criticize  the lad who's only 21, jaw dropping and unbelievable

scott herbertson

I don't think you are fully comprehending what an attitude problem is. It's not necessarily about being lazy, or just not being a very good player. My initial post re Paterson tells you what an attitude problem is, and Paterson has lots of bad attitude, including sarcastically applauding a colleague for a misplaced pass.

Unlike you I have been watching Hearts for 40 odd years. In all my time I have never seen a player with an overall worse attitude than Paterson (although as previously stated Hammil comes close).

Just as a matter of interest how do you know Paterson's clap of that pass was sarcastic?

siegementality

The nub of your complaint seems to be that Paterson's no a very nice guy when things are going badly.

My opinion is that if you're looking at a professional sportsman's attitude, there are many worse things to be than whatever Paterson's deficiencies are. He's basically over competitive and really driven, yeah? Give me that any day.

I don't know the extent of Pinilla's mental health problems. I doubt anyone on here does. Forget him if you want. There are plenty of examples of people who took a lot of money out of this club while giving the impression that they didn't really want to be here. That is a far graver offence for a professional sportsman than anything you've listed.

Nobody who didn't have a prior agenda would suggest that Paterson was anywhere near the worst offender in terms of bad eggs/non-contributors at Hearts in the last ten years, let alone 40.

I was waiting on the old "agenda" chestnut. That always materialises when the debate starts faltering.

Players who came to the club and earned loads and gave little in return is an entirely different argument. You will see at no point have I criticised Patersons ability or work rate. What I have criticised is his attitude.

You picked a high earner who - and his mental health problems were well documented if you care to google it - who came to us with a number of issues. That is hardly the same.

For what it is worth I do have an agenda. That is I want Hearts to be successful as possible. I will still be supporting - and I mean supporting in the full sense - Hearts long after Calum Paterson has buggered off elsewhere. Feel free to question that agenda though.

Punks No Deid

CP has played 117 games for Hearts scoring 26  goals capped at all youth levels since 18 and now an Internationalist

Fantastic player yet some want to criticize  the lad who's only 21, jaw dropping and unbelievable

Exactly - jealous mibbe? I really can't understand why our fans are so quick to jump on and criticise one of ours

I totally don't understand the seethe towards Paterson.

He's one of my favourite players, very competitive and a good physical player.

If roasters give him abuse on the pitch, akin to what's going on in this thread, then by all means you deserve it if you get some back.

It's the sort of people that have never kicked a ball in their life that come out with this shite as well.

BrellierBoy

Yup.And your'e talking shite about his performances also. Exactly hom much did Sow go for?And how long was the period running down on his?

Top player and went to China where a lot of money is spent regardless of market value. Why would anyone spend over a million on Paterson when they can buy a better player for half that?

siegementality

Just as a matter of interest how do you know Paterson's clap of that pass was sarcastic?

In the context it was done it looked like it. It was noted by numerous others and well debated on here.

I appreciate that isn't definitive but other that CP admitting it all we can judge these things is on what we see and what our gut tells us. That's the basis in which we form opinion on most things is it not?

Bazzas right boot

Watt has happened to this thread?

Watt's all the debate about Paterson for?

Watt's happening to everyone on here?

This would be a great signing in my opinion, as long as he is in the right frame of mind and wants to focus on football he could be an excellent striker at this level.

I was waiting on the old "agenda" chestnut. That always materialises when the debate starts faltering.

Players who came to the club and earned loads and gave little in return is an entirely different argument. You will see at no point have I criticised Patersons ability or work rate. What I have criticised is his attitude.

You picked a high earner who - and his mental health problems were well documented if you care to google it - who came to us with a number of issues. That is hardly the same.

For what it is worth I do have an agenda. That is I want Hearts to be successful as possible. I will still be supporting - and I mean supporting in the full sense - Hearts long after Calum Paterson has buggered off elsewhere. Feel free to question that agenda though.

In what way was the debate "faltering" on my end?

Just to be clear, you're not criticising his work rate, but his attitude is the worst you've seen in the last 40 years.

So it naturally follows that there's almost no link between attitude and work rate, yeah? I think many would disagree with you there. I know I do, so I think I'll stop now.

scott herbertson

In the context it was done it looked like it. It was noted by numerous others and well debated on here.

I appreciate that isn't definitive but other that CP admitting it all we can judge these things is on what we see and what our gut tells us. That's the basis in which we form opinion on most things is it not?

Yes

My opinion was different but only Paterson will know

Geoff Kilpatrick

This would be a great signing in my opinion, as long as he is in the right frame of mind and wants to focus on football he could be an excellent striker at this level.

Here's hoping but it will be a wait and see game based on his past record.

My mate follows Palace home and away, when they played Charlton in the league cup a while back he told me that Watt was the only player close to being on the same level as the Palace players.

Watt could be a good signing.................however if we look closely at his recent record there are warning signs galore.

If is the important thing here...........If he signs for us, If he screws the nut, If he can be bothered to train properly, If he will listen to the manager, If he is not a disruptive influence............a lot of If's.

However he would not be coming to us if there were no question marks so given he signs lets hope all the If's disappear and then the talent will show through

My mate follows Palace home and away, when they played Charlton in the league cup a while back he told me that Watt was the only player close to being on the same level as the Palace players.

Yeah, I go to Charlton games now and then and whenever I saw Watt I thought he was decent for them. It's not an easy place to succeed at the moment. Talent-wise, he could absolutely destroy our league.

See above post. (Paul McCallum was the guy I couldn't remember)

Fair enough.  I'll withdraw Andersen.  Put Obua in that slot.  (Now someone's going to tell me Obua didn't have an attitude problem?)

Hammil had similar issues to Paterson but has Paterson ever run over an opposing manager while celebrating?  Gestured at his own fans while celebrating?

:greatpost:  Poor old "Drive By" why's he getting it tight now?

Phil Dunphy

Jesus Christ.

Folk are perfectly entitled to criticise a player if they feel they have reason to. What a ****ing stupid post.

i wish jj was my dad

No doubt there is a risk associated with signing the laddie. Plenty of baggage attached by the looks of things but there is no doubting his potential. If we can keep him on task this could be the coup of the season.

sairyinthat

Top player and went to China where a lot of money is spent regardless of market value. Why would anyone spend over a million on Paterson when they can buy a better player for half that?

Aye right then nae answer cause it dizny fit eh.

Jesus Christ.

Folk are perfectly entitled to criticise a player if they feel they have reason to. What a ******* stupid post.

Fair enough its all about opinions.. but CP is a top player who does it on the park most of the time

But if you think CP merits criticism you must have been spoiled following Hearts 

I think CP gets frustrated by RN tactics at times who doesnt maybe his way of letting off steam

Cant take away from the fact he is one of the best Hearts players in modern times

Exactly - jealous mibbe? I really can't understand why our fans are so quick to jump on and criticise one of ours

Don't really get it either, the club lacks 'togetherness' at the moment imo.

Phil Dunphy

Fair enough its all about opinions.. but CP is a top player who does it on the park most of the time

But if you think CP merits criticism you must have been spoiled following Hearts 

I think CP gets frustrated by RN tactics at times who doesnt maybe his way of letting off steam

Cant take away from the fact he is one of the best Hearts players in modern times

Sometimes he does merit criticism.

And to think that he's above criticism because of what has been before is a bit odd.

And I'd like to know how far back you're thinking in modern times. He wouldn't make my top 10 of the last 10 years.

I for one look forward to seeing Twatt on the team sheet.

Get yourself away down to Easter Road mate, you'll get to see a whole stadium of them :lol:

I fell slightly dirty. I'm thinking this but I don't want to say it. I do want another striker signed in addition to Watt but...

But...

If things click he could be a Griffiths type player for us.

Now the thing is, yes have we slagged O'conner and riordan and Griffiths and Cummings and players like that, but when these boys screw the nut they have been way superior strikers to anything we have had in recent times.

For whatever reason, and I don't know why, but maybe all talented Scottish strikers are assholes with a dodgy mentality.

Do we not sign such players because we don't like dicks?

One good season from Watt could be electric for us....

Sometimes he does merit criticism.

And to think that he's above criticism because of what has been before is a bit odd.

And I'd like to know how far back you're thinking in modern times. He wouldn't make my top 10 of the last 10 years.

No player is above criticism that goes without saying just think there is plenty players out there who would be well in front of CP

He's only 21 and improved Yr after Yr and IMO only get better even after a serious injury

But some pant wetters will only see negatives thats up to them

Massive Blackburn fan at my work, echoing what all above have said, described him as someone with bags of ability but has a habit of going missing during too many games. I would personally be delighted with the signing, particularly if we could make it permanent should we so desire.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Who knows how they'll all turn out but this would be the first signing of the summer that got me genuinely excited. He could be a Feruz-like waste of space or he could set this league on fire.

Phil Dunphy

No player is above criticism that goes without saying just think there is plenty players out there who would be well in front of CP

He's only 21 and improved Yr after Yr and IMO only get better even after a serious injury

But some pant wetters will only see negatives thats up to them

I'm not sure I'd agree with you saying he's improved year on year. There are still some flaws to his game that he really should be doing better with. His tackling doesn't strike me as being as good as Smiths and, although he is capable of whipping in some great crosses, he aimlessly hits it into the middle too often for me. Physically he's developed a long way, but he still has a long way to go before he can step up to a higher level.

And FWIW, referring to people you don't agree with as 'pant wetters' just shows you up a bit. 

queensferryjambo

It might be a risk but every signing you make is risky so sod it why not give him a chance.

I'm not sure I'd agree with you saying he's improved year on year. There are still some flaws to his game that he really should be doing better with. His tackling doesn't strike me as being as good as Smiths and, although he is capable of whipping in some great crosses, he aimlessly hits it into the middle too often for me. Physically he's developed a long way, but he still has a long way to go before he can step up to a higher level.

And FWIW, referring to people you don't agree with as 'pant wetters' just shows you up a bit.

Season one he played up front. Season two he played against lower league opposition. Season three he's made the full Scotland squad.

That'll be year on year improvement.

Phil Dunphy

Season one he played up front. Season two he played against lower league opposition. Season three he's made the full Scotland squad.

That'll be year on year improvement.

Season one he played out wide.

Like you having to swear in yer post as you canny stomach what you read  when replying.. such anger

CP can step up to the plate in a variety of positions and thats a luxury at a club

He's an Internationalist now thats improvement is it not  and plenty clubs would love to have him on board  but you slate away

weegie jambo
Macros, on 19 Jul 2016 - 7:51 PM, said:

Anyway........................back to the thread subject, if he comes here lets give him our full backing, no writing him off after the first game if he doesn't score a hat-trick.

a Celtic supporting mate of mine is already down at the bookies looking to put a ?10 on Watt to score v the tims!

Phil Dunphy

Like you having to swear in yer post as you canny stomach what you read  when replying.. such anger

CP can step up to the plate in a variety of positions and thats a luxury at a club

He's an Internationalist now thats improvement is it not  and plenty clubs would love to have him on board  but you slate away

I'm not sure you know what angry is, but sure. I'm apoplectic right now.

I mean, compared to the guy who labels people as 'pant wetters' like someone from Primary 2 :laugh:

You don't seem to understand the difference between slating someone and criticising them. There is a difference, perhaps you should read up on it before you get your wee frillies in a twist again :(

I'm not sure you know what angry is, but sure. I'm apoplectic right now.

I mean, compared to the guy who labels people as 'pant wetters' like someone from Primary 2 :laugh:

You don't seem to understand the difference between slating someone and criticising them. There is a difference, perhaps you should read up on it before you get your wee frillies in a twist again :(

CP is a top player and at 21 is still showing fantastic promise

I genuinely believe he will go on to greater things

You use your we smileys all you want maybe it calms your rage, as you criticize the talented  Kid who has played for Scotland now

Phil Dunphy

CP is a top player and at 21 is still showing fantastic promise

I genuinely believe he will go on to greater things

You use your we smileys all you want maybe it calms your rage, as you criticize the talented  Kid who has played for Scotland now

Of course he'll go on to a higher level.

But you realise he's not there yet because he's got things to work on, aye? That's how coaching works, you identify things for the player to work on, so he goes away and works on them.

But in your eyes, the coaching staff are probably just slating him :laugh:

Jambo 4 Ever

a Celtic supporting mate of mine is already down at the bookies looking to put a ?10 on Watt to score v the tims!

Where did he get odds for that? And what were the odds?

Archived