Tony Watt signs

Generic Username

Fantastic player, but dear oh dear, another that is not mentally strong. I'm not sure of the wisdom unless he is a changed man. Kind of player Stubbs put the arm around, oor Robbie, is not that type of manager.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/tony-watt-branded-lazy-and-unfit-by-loan-club-boss-1-3107023

This story worries me

Not sure about that, Robbie seemed to be managing Zanatta well at the Aberdeen game near the end of the season.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, sounds like he'll be a 'Swanson' signing. Will leave the club in January and claim that he wasn't given a chance. It's no from me

All I really remember about him is when he was with septic, and they had great hopes for him, then it all went 'belly up' for him.

Not against us getting him at all, as others have said, if he screws the nut' we could have a player on our hands, Just wondering like others if there is an option to buy if things work out.

Hilary Briss

Really hope this is true as he is a good player.

Saw him play for Blackburn last season when he was on loan there and he was best player on park. Defo has questionable attitude but surely has to grow out of it at some time. He has ability to play at a lot high level than us, so would be worth gamble IMO - especially given how short we are in striker positions.

Hopefully Watt signs. Even if he does have an attitude problem, it surely can't be as bad as Paterson's stinking attitude.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Out of sync with our normal pattern. Dubious character and a loan signing, 2 things I was happy we said we wouldn't do. I'd be willing to wait. Unless this is a "bonus" signing.

Wee surprise

lots of positive comments on here

he has to be prepared to work hard and have a good attitude if he's coming to Hearts as per airdriejambo3 too.

We said we'd take guys who had been having difficult times

Jamtarts-1874

Would only want him if there is an option to sign him permanently, otherwise its a no from me.

Mikey1874, on 19 Jul 2016 - 2:19 PM, said:Mikey1874, on 19 Jul 2016 - 2:19 PM, said:

Wee surprise

lots of positive comments on here

he has to be prepared to work hard and have a good attitude if he's coming to Hearts as per airdriejambo3 too.

We said we'd take guys who had been having difficult times

maybe when he finds out about triple sessions ,then that will be an end to that

sairyinthat

Talent but a honking attitude - maybe he's matured a bit.

If not then I'd like us to bring in someone else with the surname Watt so on Tony's shirt it says T Watt.

Stokes was rumoured to have an attitude also.Lochenders loved him for what it's worth.

I thought he looked really good when he came on for Scotland in Prague a few months back.

I hope there is a deal in place to sign him permanently if he does well.

FarmerTweedy

The more I think about this the more I like it. I could see him being on the bench against Birkirkara and then starting against Krasnodar (provided we take care of business). If he's got one thing to his name, it's not being afraid to attack in big European games.

Beyond that, he'll not only have belief that he can compete at Parkhead and at Ibrox, but he'll have a chip on his shoulder about Celtic.

All good things.

Not sure if we'd get thrown out of the tournament just for having him on the bench or if we'd have to actually bring him on, but either way, he won't be on the bench!

Gene Parmesan

Maybe we need a bit of ******* about us. Maybe Watt could provide it.

I'm up for this signing. Hope it happens.

Billy Walsh

I know given todays market but a few clubs are willing to fork out money on him. Think Charlton signed him for a couple of million?

Is he better than what we have? Yes.

Does he have an attitude problem? It appears so.

Could be the boot up the arse he needs though, will know his chances are running out and will have a point to prove.

Jambo 4 Ever

Who could we go after that would meet with approval all round?

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudi

or

Zeefuik

Would be a great signing. We'd mean business.

Although thought he had signed for Blackburn? Or was that just a loan too?

Watt-Zeefuik

Not sure if we'd get thrown out of the tournament just for having him on the bench or if we'd have to actually bring him on, but either way, he won't be on the bench!

Is he EL tied?  Sorry, this is probably a rule I don't understand?

Out of sync with our normal pattern. Dubious character and a loan signing, 2 things I was happy we said we wouldn't do. I'd be willing to wait. Unless this is a "bonus" signing.

I'd actually say this is in our normal pattern.  Instead of signing some 28-year old who's spent four years doing decently at a place like Kilmarnock or Falkirk and just wants a pay rise, we're going after a young kid with loads of talent but some red flags that have made him available.  As long as for every El Hass we get a Sow and for every Swanson we get a Djoum, it's been working out well.

Malcolm Tucker

Blackburn had an option to sign him but he got injured and they lost interest, IIRC. They've ended up with Stokes and Danny Graham signing instead.

He's quality, fingers crossed this happens.

Would only want him if there is an option to sign him permanently, otherwise its a no from me.

Unlikely unless getting released from contract but you never know

contract at Charlton is to end June 2018

sairyinthat

Attitude problem by all accounts, but he's only 22, so there's time to grow out of it.  Griffiths has certainly matured more than I expected.

Only a loan deal so this won't make us money, but we definitely need to fill out the strike force a bit.  Watt and Zeefuik up front would be a pretty great odd couple pairing.

If he knocks the goals in for us he could indirectly be responsible for making us a Hoor of a lot of money.imo

Raymond Reddington

Could be the creativity we are looking for also has an eye for goal.

Who could we go after that would meet with approval all round?

Good shout!! I even read some balloon on here just a few days ago telling us that Messi was 'finished', Messi..........finished?

Just think about that when next season kicks off and you watch him dance past three players and bend one in from the edge of the box. At that point it should become totally clear that some of the prolific posters of JKB are huge bell ends.

Michael_Jackson

Stokes was rumoured to have an attitude also.Lochenders loved him for what it's worth.

You would know being a Hibs fan.

Proven bad attitude so I'd be very surprised if we took him.

What is the stuff he has done in the past ??

pleasantly suprised to see so many positive posts about him. He obviously has talent and speed and if, a huge if, we can get him playing to his ability, it would be a brilliant signing. 

This lad had potential to be great Scottish striker. 

He's still only in his early twenties, a bit of a journeyman already, but he could really be a good signing for us if he feels coming back to Scotland and being close to his family will help him settle at a club.

I'ts is pretty low risk, we won't be splashing the dosh and if it doesn't work out it's no great loss.

Watt-Zeefuik

If he knocks the goals in for us he could indirectly be responsible for making us a Hoor of a lot of money.imo

Sorry, only meant we won't get sell-on value, at least unless he decides he loves the Hearts and wants to be the next Robbo except for Celtic instead of Hibs.

See it as equally likely that, in the one instance, Crawford lights a fire under him and he tears it up and gets a deal at a bigger club, and in the other instance, he hates training and mopes and blames the coaching staff for limiting him and the loan is terminated before Christmas.  Worth the risk IMO.

That's the forwards sorted and I'd say Appiah signing as well so all we need now is a winger and a midfielder and we're looking pretty good. Hopefully the Gary Makay Stephen rumours are true think he'd be an excellent signing

Michael_Jackson

pleasantly suprised to see so many positive posts about him. He obviously has talent and speed and if, a huge if, we can get him playing to his ability, it would be a brilliant signing.

I think must are happy we are trying something abit different. We have been crying out for someone who's not just a big lump up front since Osman left.

Someone who can get in behind a defence without being offside (Juanma in Malta springs to mind) and create space will be a god send. I'm not saying Tony Watt will definitely be this player, but it's worth a punt.

Is he EL tied?  Sorry, this is probably a rule I don't understand?

No, but there's a cut off for new signings during each of the Europa qualifiers. It's around 6-10 days prior to the first leg.

This lad had potential to be great Scottish striker. 

He's still only in his early twenties, a bit of a journeyman already, but he could really be a good signing for us if he feels coming back to Scotland and being close to his family will help him settle at a club.

I'ts is pretty low risk, we won't be splashing the dosh and if it doesn't work out it's no great loss.

John Findlay

If he comes on loan for the season and it's not working out. We send him back. Simples. At 22 a man starts to grow up a wee bit. I know I did. Hopefully his advisors advise him accordingly and he screws the nut. If not he will be punted back South.

sairyinthat

You would know being a Hibs fan.

You deffo would know being a Lochender  Hah I'll show you mine what an erse.

Fort Vallance

Probably just me but I can't think of him doing anything much for the last 3 years. Don't see how he can just switch it on now.

He has swagger and a bit of cockyness. I like that in a striker. I see someone saying he had a horrible loan spell at Cardiff and they hated him. Someone obviously needs to tell my Mate then. He's a Cardiff fan and says the fans were desperate for them to keep him.

He has tons of ability. If we can sort his head out it could be a masterstroke.

Does anyone know if this is just a loan or a loan "with a view to a permanent move"

Says he wants to be nearer his family and has been granted compassionate leave so this would suggest he wants to come back up here longer term.

Not sure what I make of this, could work out well but could just as easily be mince. Fingers crossed his pace and workrate help him click with Juanma or Sammon if he does come

No, but there's a cut off for new signings during each of the Europa qualifiers. It's around 6-10 days prior to the first leg.

plus we can add one player on day of game

Aberdeen did that with new signing that scored last week

Sort the attitude.  Knuckle down and produce the goods.  Sign on lean with an option for a contract at the end of it.  Job done.

Watt-Zeefuik

Cheers.

Also players signed from British football, which again we said we wouldn't be doing.

Snap there hands off for a loan deal with option to buy. The guy needs to find somewhere to settle, hopefully it's with us.

I would be delighted if he signed. If he can screw the nut and knuckle down we could have a proper striker on our hands this season.

We need someone who can make a chance out of nothing. A game winner. We lost that when we sold Sow. Watt could be that player.

Archived