Generic Username

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His name is

Very sellic minded.

If he screwed the nut and scored goals, I wouldn't care

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Seems a great signing if it goes through. Will predict him to have a god season, and hit 12 goals + some assists.

...a bit disco

Seems a great signing if it goes through. Will predict him to have a god season, and hit 12 goals + some assists.

I don't think he's that good?

BRAVEHEART1874

certaily worth a loan deal, looked good in the video clips sammon and juanma are probably to similar so still room for big zee tae ;)

LogicalEric

Be a coup if true. At Cardiff and Charlton he's pretty well thought of. Hopefully coming back to Scotland will be the making of the lad and he can bang the goals in.

As long as this isn't our only striker still to come in I am ok with this.

I rather think this is something that has just cropped up (on compassionate grounds) and we have jumped at the opportunity.  Although attitude is suspect it might be less of a problem as we have him on loan.  If he screws the nut it could turn out a win situation all round.

heartsfc_fan

Thought he looked pretty good when at Celtic.

If he's only on loan and it doesn't work out we won't have lost out in spending a transfer fee.

Could be interesting.

He was a raw talent, but apparently was very unprofessional off the field.  Hope he's matured a wee bit.

Ignore the ex-Celtic tag.  If he comes here, and does well for us, I'm willing to forget that he ever was near that lot.

Interesting comment from his old boss at Lierse:

Watt struggled to hold down a first team place thereafter, and was sent off on 2 November 2013, within a minute of coming on as a second-half substitute against Charleroi, however the red card was later rescinded.   A week later, Watt was sent home from training after a row with manager Stanley Menzo.  He was then again publicly criticised by Menzo in December 2013, with the manager stating he would not take him back from Scotland for the second half of the season. However, Watt was recalled to the side on Boxing Day and scored twice against Mechelen in a 3?0 win. Menzo commented afterwards about Watt, "Today I am glad we have him but tomorrow I might want to murder him! That?s just how it is with him."

Watt-Zeefuik

Attitude problem by all accounts, but he's only 22, so there's time to grow out of it.  Griffiths has certainly matured more than I expected.

Only a loan deal so this won't make us money, but we definitely need to fill out the strike force a bit.  Watt and Zeefuik up front would be a pretty great odd couple pairing.

Hopefully better than that other Septic striker who never lived up to the hype, Mark Burchill.

I bet you're just an absolute hoot at parties.

Phil Dunphy

Risk free at the end of the day.

If he doesn't work out, then we've not lost anything.

fabienleclerq

Muirhead is quick as well. I think we have made some really good signings this summer

Has Muirhead played yet?

I've not seen much of Watt, he obviously has something about hm to break through at the tattie bowl. I remember his goal v Barca and that he is quick, in our team at the moment quick is good.

Jambo 4 Ever

Risk free at the end of the day.

If he doesn't work out, then we've not lost anything.

But he might be a disruptive influence in the dressing room?!

Also, the wages could go towards signing Zeefuik!

kingantti1874

Good player, we can't afford finished articles or those without some sort of issue.. Have to take potential and help mange them to fit the bill, along with Muirhead he fits the bill

letsalldothebeattie

There's no doubt the lad has talent. If he can screw the nut he will become a decent player otherwise he's gonna be the if only kid. If he comes in on loan and does the job I'll be happy with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chester copperpot

Always liked the look of him at Celtic though granted I haven't followed his career much since he left them.

But he might be a disruptive influence in the dressing room?!

Also, the wages could go towards signing Zeefuik!

I would love to have a Watt, Zeefuik front-line.

Hilarious for commentators

A_A wehatethehibs

Good signing. If you look at the market we are playing in, you won't be able to find many better strikers available. A strike force of sammon, watt, juanma and muirhead is 10x better than a strike force of juanma dauda and Riley so already a big improvement there!

maroonlegions

A couple of post match trips to the newly opened Robbo's should sort him out

Newly opened Robbos you say.. since when... :smuggy:

The Guys 22 and had one or two hiccups in career, so what

The type  of player Hearts are screaming out for

August Landmesser

He did score v Barcelona mind:

That goal proves his suitability for our route one pure big fizzicul hoofball tactics too.

I think this could be a great move by Hearts.

If Watt thinks he can come up here and do sweet FA then he'll be cut loose. Neilson (and Levein) will not accept poor attitude.

If he comes and trains hard he may hit peak performance to add to his natural ability.

High hopes but I am realistic given his track record....

"Watt Zeefuik! - Both players score a Hat-trick in a 6-0 smashing of Celtic on the opening day of the season"

:pleasing:

"Watt Zeefuik! - Both players score a Hat-trick in a 6-0 smashing of Celtic on the opening day of the season"

:pleasing:

:glorious:

Watt-Zeefuik

The more I think about this the more I like it.  I could see him being on the bench against Birkirkara and then starting against Krasnodar (provided we take care of business).  If he's got one thing to his name, it's not being afraid to attack in big European games.

Beyond that, he'll not only have belief that he can compete at Parkhead and at Ibrox, but he'll have a chip on his shoulder about Celtic.

All good things.

The Treasurer

I think this goal and the media hype that went with it maybe went to his head a wee bit.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

I hope he does bring a bit of attitude and swagger. 

Something we are really missing on the field. 

scott herbertson

So did Juho Makela

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Desperate to come back to Scotland apparently and being in London was causing him a few issues. Good player on his day though. Happy with this.

maroonlegions

Peebles?

Nope, :sunny: just asking a question , so since when was it reopened as Robbos.. :beatnik2:

So did Juho Makela

True, though Watt scored against Barca in the CL group stages rather than in a friendly.

the general

Nope, :sunny: just asking a question , so since when was it reopened as Robbos.. :beatnik2:

they hoped it would be open this week but looks like they will miss this deadline

HeartOfWestLothian

He'd be an upgrade on Reilly from last season so I'd be all for this.

The talk about his attitude is worrying however hopefully he has matured a bit and if not we can always terminate the loan.

Watt to score the winner first game of the season then??

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Fantastic player, but dear oh dear, another that is not mentally strong. I'm not sure of the wisdom unless he is a changed man. Kind of player Stubbs put the arm around, oor Robbie, is not that type of manager.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/tony-watt-branded-lazy-and-unfit-by-loan-club-boss-1-3107023

This story worries me

maroonlegions

they hoped it would be open this week but looks like they will miss this deadline

Cheers, :2thumbsup: ...closed for the game on Thursday then..

airdriejambo3

Might not be as annoying hearing his nephew talk about his "uncle Tony's barca goal. But seriously from what I have picked up from his sister is he has screwed the nut a bit. IMO he could be a really good signing if he is still ambitious and isn't just looking for an easy option. Let's face it I would imagine he would have as good chance of hitting 20 goals a season as anybody we have had for a while. I think it's worth the risk.

The headline writers at the red tops would spontaneously explode with excitement if they both signed.

Archived