Tony Watt signs

Generic Username

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
weegie jambo
Jambo_in_Hamilton, on 19 Jul 2016 - 9:44 PM, said:

Where did he get odds for that? And what were the odds?

don't know if he got odds....it was more a " I'm away to the bookies to stick a ?10 on Watt scoring against us"  kinda comment!

This looks like a great deal for us. Tony Watt is a very good footballer; the only question marks are on his attitude. If that hasn't changed or doesn't change, we've not lost much. If it does, there's a good chance he'll score lots of goals. I'll be very happy if the deal goes through.

jamboinglasgow

Was reading Mark McGhee's comments back in March when Watt was with the national team. I found it interesting that he said that Tony Watt has improved his mentality and sense of responsibility, the thing the Scotland coaches want him to change is his fitness and work rate when training.  Now if he needs to work on his fitness then Hearts are the ideal club. With the multiple sessions and fitness work there is no where for him to hide. Seems all the views are that he is a cracking talent but just needs to get the fitness right and head focused. But certainly he is going that way.

For a player who was in demand by Championship clubs which considering the amounts thrown around is not a thing to be sniffed at if he comes here.

Jambof3tornado

Was reading Mark McGhee's comments back in March when Watt was with the national team. I found it interesting that he said that Tony Watt has improved his mentality and sense of responsibility, the thing the Scotland coaches want him to change is his fitness and work rate when training. Now if he needs to work on his fitness then Hearts are the ideal club. With the multiple sessions and fitness work there is no where for him to hide. Seems all the views are that he is a cracking talent but just needs to get the fitness right and head focused. But certainly he is going that way.

For a player who was in demand by Championship clubs which considering the amounts thrown around is not a thing to be sniffed at if he comes here.

It will be testament to the efforts of CL and co if we pull this off.

...andFulton'sBaggio

Suits him well.

image.png

:-)

Seriously though, would that thing suit anyone?

:-)

Seriously though, would that thing suit anyone?

No, i still can't get over the collar, every time i see it i refuse to believe that's real.

All for this. Low risk as it's a loan, and it fills a position in which we are certainly lacking. His attitude and application certainly do raise question marks, but I imagine he will come with a point to prove, which can only benefit us. Get him in and one more and I think we are looking a lot more comfortable in terms of strikers. 

I wonder if we will still go for Zeefuik also?

He is certainly worth a 1 year deal at least, he is a natural goal scorer.

Would love to see him back.

No, i still can't get over the collar, every time i see it i refuse to believe that's real.

Just the collar? :lol:

He played up front.

John McGlynn started the season with Paterson at right back and then moved him to wide right.

Oneneilberry

The whole thing man but the collar just tops it off, so incredibly bad.

Every day I go on to the club website in the hope we've been massively trolled!

The more I see it the better it looks.........great pick by the club and when you look at the posters who don't like it you realise it must be one of the better away tops

Getting back to the thread lets see him signed first as it is not signed, sealed and delivered but if he is pictured with the new away top it will be another great publicity shot.

I fell slightly dirty. I'm thinking this but I don't want to say it. I do want another striker signed in addition to Watt but...

But...

If things click he could be a Griffiths type player for us.

Now the thing is, yes have we slagged O'conner and riordan and Griffiths and Cummings and players like that, but when these boys screw the nut they have been way superior strikers to anything we have had in recent times.

For whatever reason, and I don't know why, but maybe all talented Scottish strikers are assholes with a dodgy mentality.

Do we not sign such players because we don't like dicks?

One good season from Watt could be electric for us....

OK, I'll bite. He could be a great addition to our current team. Folk should give him a chance - he just wants to come ohm. Certainly won't be any resistence from me.

Ferryjambo99

OK, I'll bite. He could be a great addition to our current team. Folk should give him a chance - he just wants to come ohm. Certainly won't be any resistence from me.

Could add a spark. What's his current form. He'll really plug a gap. This will socket to them. He'll have ample time to progress. I'm sure he'll win his one on one joules.

Has quite a twitter feed as well...............and they do indicate homesickness/loneliness as an issue............as well as some other 'discussions'

A real mixed bag of comments on Charlton fan sites with most stating there is real talent but most also stating there are real issues with him and that he needs to settle down not only with a club but also with his partner who does not stay with him in London.

One thing you do see when you go to other clubs fan sites in England is just how little they know about other clubs.............I don't wish them any harm but a little club like Charlton should know their place and trying to infer they are something they are not just grates.

Could add a spark. What's his current form. He'll really plug a gap. This will socket to them. He'll have ample time to progress. I'm sure he'll win his one on one joules.

Yup, he could most definitely light the place up!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Has quite a twitter feed as well...............and they do indicate homesickness/loneliness as an issue............as well as some other 'discussions'

Wants to be closer to his mates. I'm sure it will help him improve. :rolleyes:

fabienleclerq

Maybe we need a bit of ******* about us. Maybe Watt could provide it.

I'm up for this signing. Hope it happens.

This.

We certainly never have strikers who have that nasty streak.

Would be a good addition to the squad.

If he is looking for a management team to put an arm around him and give him a cuddle then maybe not the right choice, however if he wants/needs a boot up the erse and realises it is about what he can give then we are the right match for him.

wheatfield to sheffield

My thoughts on this thread are:

- Watt would be a good signing

- Paterson is a very good player

- and I want to reserve my views on the new away kit until it has got a few games under its belt things might not work out for it but its too soon to make judgements, if all goes well it could get 15 goals a season

People complaining about Watt having an attitude are probably the same ones who moan about Sammon having no ability. No brainer for me but waiting for scarf above head etc.

Bags of potential as a younger player, lost his way and needs a platform to perform - exactly the type of player we'll very signing.

He'd be our best striker if we signed him. Him looking to get in behind and Juanma staying in the with of the box with a few clever touches, could work very well.

My take on it is he could do very well. As others have said we need a striker with a bit of arrogance about him and who the opposition hate.

If he scores goals the fans will love him, could be exactly what he needs in return to flourish. Pretty excited by this and has come from nowhere really. Let's hope we get the deal over the line

players couldn't workout the aggregate score...:cornette:

Players don't need to. Score goals, don't concede.

If it becomes vital to that tactics of the game they can easily get the shout from the touchline.

kingantti1874

players couldn't workout the aggregate score...:cornette:

This was my reaction - surley not. That would be incredible.. Primary 1 maths. (If that)

TBF the article is referring to the players who hadn't played in Europe before.

Maroon Sailor

They must have all went to school though

You really shouldn't need experience of European football to add up two single-digit numbers!

Maroon Sailor

Gonna need a bigger boat.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Not really - it's footballers we are talking about here !

Hamilton

Patterson. Ozturk. Souttar Rherras

Nicholson/King Kitchen. Djoum. Walker

Zeefuik. Watt

Bring on the SPL with that team :)

That's a pretty strong line up providing Watt does some running about up top! The German sounds good and good replacement for defence. I'd bring back Reilly and punt Juamna, swap Gomis with a youngster or another and keep King...

Hamilton

Zeefuik. Watt

That's a pretty strong line up providing Watt does some running about up top! The German sounds good and good replacement for defence. I'd bring back Reilly and punt Juamna, swap Gomis with a youngster or another and keep King...

Gomis has left the club for good and King is on loan to Inverness for a year.

Phil Dunphy

He played up front.

In his first season, Sutton and N'goo played up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

players couldn't workout the aggregate score... :cornette:

:laugh:

The club could do with throwing in education seminars as part of their training it seems. Lesson 1, how to count to potato.

So where Juanma going because he certainly won't play third or fourth fiddle?

Hamilton

Zeefuik. Watt

[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rudolf's Mate

Does sulky tits have guarantees that's he's first pick?

Maroon Sailor

He couldn't play the triangle

players couldn't workout the aggregate score... :cornette:

The intelligence of the average footballer highlighted right there.

Harvey Specter

Excited about this signing. 

Exactly the type of striker we need, someone with pace who'll run at/in behind defenders and can finish. I look forward to seeing a partnership of Watt and Juanma/Sammon.

Heartsofgold

Potentially a fantastic signing BUT I will hold my breath until I see a scarf above head moment.

Archived