**Summer 2016 Transfer Thread**

Chaps

Michael_Jackson

BPL is pish and boring now. Foreign millionaires playground. Quicker the arse falls out it the better. Bayern and the Spanish giants just laugh at them. Scottish footy is low on quality but its real footy and more entertaining IMO

You obviously don't want many Scottish football games, even Hearts games. Hearts bored me to tears last season. We have zero players able to create excitement in the stands - Walker aside when fit.

To say Scottish football is more entertaining than the EPL is mental. Although it may feel lmore so due to your emotional attachment and vested interest.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Michael_Jackson

Officially re-signed for BVB...

I should really read threads properly :lol:

Sorry.

We_are_the_Hearts

You obviously don't want many Scottish football games, even Hearts games. Hearts bored me to tears last season. We have zero players able to create excitement in the stands - Walker aside when fit.

To say Scottish football is more entertaining than the EPL is mental. Although it may feel lmore so due to your emotional attachment and vested interest.

Might be the case mate. Last season watched a few boring BPL games between the top sides, just cancel each other out. Also barely watch the Champs League nowadays until the quarters. Would rather watch Scottish games or youth games these days

Rudolf's Mate

Might be the case mate. Last season watched a few boring BPL games between the top sides, just cancel each other out. Also barely watch the Champs League nowadays until the quarters. Would rather watch Scottish games or youth games these days

I watched quote a few Leicester games and bar a couple they were excellent. Especially in their demolition of City.

We_are_the_Hearts

I watched quote a few Leicester games and bar a couple they were excellent. Especially in their demolition of City.

They were a breath of fresh air to be fair

BPL is pish and boring now. Foreign millionaires playground. Quicker the arse falls out it the better. Bayern and the Spanish giants just laugh at them. Scottish footy is low on quality but its real footy and more entertaining IMO

You found the EPL boring last year?

:kirk:

Fine-Young-Scallywag

Grant Hanley officially signed for Newcastle. Chronic player for a chronic, self pitying club. Benitez has gone from coaching Ramos and Varane to having Hanley struggle to mark someone whithout dry humping them to ****

Grant Hanley officially signed for Newcastle. Chronic player for a chronic, self pitying club. Benitez has gone from coaching Ramos and Varane to having Hanley struggle to mark someone whithout dry humping them to ****

Good from a Scotland perspective as he will be well coached by Benitez which hopefully will make him a better player for us, unless your not Scottish of course.

the stone rose

Hearing we have signed another forward. Bulgarian

Or is this old news????

Unsure, but is Todorev sp* not Bulgarian?

Michael_Jackson

Hearing we have signed another forward. Bulgarian

Or is this old news????

Petrov or some such. Had a good game v CSS

Jamtarts-1874

Barcelona officially sign Andre Gomes. Rumoured to be around ?50 mil. Seems like they have stole that one from Real Madrid.

I wonder if Man Us Pogba bid coukd hit the skids now if Real decide to go for him

Heartsmad1874

Dortmund have one of the best attacks in Europe now Schurrle,Gotze and Reus behind Aubameyang.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dortmund have one of the best attacks in Europe now Schurrle,Gotze and Reus behind Aubameyang.

I was kinda disappointed when they started losing players this summer as the were a great team to watch. Since that they've done some fantastic business though, could give Bayern a run for their money again this season !

Billy Walsh

and the young lad Ousmane Dembele is going to be world class. Check his goal from today against Utd if you can...

chester copperpot

Kolo toure doing his medical with Celtic this morning.

Apparently Rangers still sniffing around aswell though.

chester copperpot

I'd imagine if if was just down to money they could blow any sevco offer out the water tbh. He's getting on a bit but still a quality player by SPFL standards anyway. [emoji3]

I dunno about that mate. Rangers or (sevco) have been chucking money around since they got back to the SPFL. Stupid and not wise however they are hell bent on trying to out do Celtic this window.

Fuds (both of them)

Ferryjambo99

Won't be cheap, Celtic seem to be pushing the boat out now though with Scott Sinclair the next target to join them.

Definitely banking on the champions league group stages

Klopp clear out continues.. Young left back Brad Smith to Bournemouth for ?6 million !!!!!..............there will be buy back clauses as per the Ibe deal previously.

rudi must stay

Klopp clear out continues.. Young left back Brad Smith to Bournemouth for ?6 million !!!!!..............there will be buy back clauses as per the Ibe deal previously.

Clever signing from Bournemouth. A confident player with a few caps for Australia

Clever signing from Bournemouth. A confident player with a few caps for Australia

Sorry but that is an amazing deal for Liverpool and no wonder thay have accepted it....he could have been bought by a Scottish club for example for a maximum fee of ?250,000 until November last year....

He was out of contract this time last year until he eventually signed a new deal but only because no one would sign him..

Smith's contract at Liverpool had expired back in June.

The Reds' offer of a new deal had been rejected on the basis that his representatives believed he would get more playing time and more cash elsewhere.

However, Smith was never released by Liverpool. The club stood their ground over the past six months and continued to hold his registration.

With Smith under the age of 24, the Reds would have been due a compensation fee if he had signed for another club.

Smith's camp wanted Liverpool to put a price on Smith, but they were merely informed that any suitors would have to take their chances at a tribunal.

It's a new toughline policy from the club designed to ensure that they don't get short-changed if the talent they have nurtured decide to walk away.

The fear of what fee a tribunal would come up with for a young full international full-back meant that nobody was willing to take a gamble on Smith. He had a trial at Barnsley in September which came to nothing.

It would be wrong to say that Smith ceased to become a Liverpool player because over the past six months he continued to be paid by the club on the wages of his previous contract.

But the only football he had played was for Australia Under-23s.

Finally, last month Smith's camp went back to Liverpool and informed them there had been a change of heart.

He wanted to stay put and was willing to accept the deal that had been on the table.

In mid-November he penned a new long-term contract and from that day onwards he has been training with the first team at Melwood.

SandyInRoyalBlue

Maybe on wages to pensioners, but certainly not on transfer fees. No one in Scotland can touch Celtic on that score, sadly thats why they'll win the league imo.

Well your first part is not true, as of right now we've spent the most money in Scotland on transfer fees.

Tommy Brown

Well your first part is not true, as of right now we've spent the most money in Scotland on transfer fees.

Not been paying much attention lately.

Please jot down your signings and fees paid (agreed).

Heartsmad1874

Juventus confirm the signing of Higuain for around 78 million, Strange signing as Juve already have a world class striker in the making with Dybala

Juventus confirm the signing of Higuain for around 78 million, Strange signing as Juve already have a world class striker in the making with Dybala

Juventus splashing the cash.

Must have a big wad ready to come in.

Say What Again

Saw that ?6m figure too, but being reported as ?3m now on the BBC Sportsday feed.

Napoli move for a replacement ?...Milik of Ajax

'Shortly after Higuain officially moving to Juventus, Napoli has closed the deal for his replacement in the form of Arkadiusz Milik.

The Ajax striker turned heads this past season in the Eredivisie and performed modestly in Euro 2016.

According to Dutch newspaper the Telegraaf, Napoli has offered ?35 million to Ajax which is the price tag for the forward. Interestingly enough, the club had deemed Milik ?unsellable? a few weeks ago. However, in today?s market everybody has a price.

Within 24 hours the parties can come to a total agreement and the agreement could be concluded.

The 22-year-old Pole signed from Bayer Leverkusen for just under ?3 million a year ago. He?s noted for his lethal finishing ability and scored 24 goals in all competitions last season.'

Ibrahim Tall

That Milik is a cracking player.

He's good don't get me wrong but that fee is a ridiculous, he was joke figure in Poland for how bad he was during the Euros. Isn't half the player Higuain is.

kingantti1874

75m for Higuain. FFS :facepalm:

I'm really starting to hate this sport.

It's all over isn't it.. Worse are people who cream over this crap as if it's somehow good.

Michael_Jackson

Not really sure what people are expecting, there is a global audience for football estimated at 3.5B.

It's big business and we are all consumers of said product.

gashauskis9

It's all over isn't it.. Worse are people who cream over this crap as if it's somehow good.

Hence why I don't watch EPL or Champions League anymore, it's a mockery.

Archived