**Summer 2016 Transfer Thread**

Chaps

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chester copperpot

Think maybe Chelsea? Or maybe Man City will jump in.

You happy with Liverpool's dealings so far?

I trust Klopp so not over the moon but excited for the season.

Think the 34m spent on Mane could've been invested wiser though.

i'm surprised klopp hasn't went for subotic, would be a good addition to their defence and would only cost ?9M

West Ham bid ?67m for James Rodriguez

English football has gone mental.

The eventual collapse will be utterly spectacular.

Need a centre half I'd say.

Nookie Bear

English football has gone mental.

The eventual collapse will be utterly spectacular.

It probably will not collapse like you hope but this is a golden opportunity to create a real competitive, high-quality, league system across all Top 4 divisions, not just the EPL.

But unfortunately the major clubs don't feel they need little clubs any more which is a shame, but they are probably right.

chester copperpot

Need a centre half I'd say.

I like Lovren but don't rate Sakho and feel we need another one. Don't know too much about the lad he's brought in. Will need to get my arse in gear and read up a bit on him.

Heartsmad1874

I like Lovren but don't rate Sakho and feel we need another one. Don't know too much about the lad he's brought in. Will need to get my arse in gear and read up a bit on him.

The lad that signed on a pre contract from Schalke 04 think his name is Matip was a real stalwart for them over the seasons could be a solid addition.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

chester copperpot

The lad that signed on a pre contract from Schalke 04 think his name is Matip was a real stalwart for them over the seasons could be a solid addition.

Here"s hoping.

He's also trying to sign the German left back Hector so here's hoping on that as Moreno is a waste of space.

John Rankin training with Falkirk and see below

Will Vaulks sat out yesterday?s 1-0 defeat to Stirling Albion with a groin strain while speculation raged over his future.

The midfielder has been frequently tipped to join Rotherham United this week, as well linked to Aberdeen and Doncaster Rovers, but was out injured just a week after firing a double in the pre-season friendly win over Albion Rovers.

But The Falkirk Herald understands a bid for the Englishman HAS been received by Falkirk.

However it is also understood the bid fell far short of the Bairns? valuation of the midfielder and was rejected and DID NOT come from the Yorkshire club now managed by Alan Stubbs.

Heartsmad1874

Karl Heinz Rummenigge has confirmed Dortmund are trying to resign Mario Gotze.

i'm surprised klopp hasn't went for subotic, would be a good addition to their defence and would only cost ?9M

Perhaps because of this...........first time I have seen any info re this signing so make of it what you will...seems to be very new info

Ragnar Klavan, the little-known 30-year old Estonian footballer that Liverpool this weekend signed for ?5million from FC Augsburg has established a reputation as a tough-tackling centre-back, and Jurgen Klopp will expect him to help shore up Liverpool's leaky defence.

Powerfully built, standing 6 ft 1 in tall and dominant in the air, Klavan is solid in the tackle as well as being exceptionally reliable: on average last season he made less than one four per match, and picked up just two bookings. Although he has played almost exclusively as a centre-back for his current club, FC Augsburg, he is also capable of playing as a left-sided full-back, and is efficient in bringing the ball out of defence.

More Liverpool signing news....Newcastle's Georgina Wijnaldum being lined up for around ?20 million this week

tartofmidlothian

Perhaps because of this...........first time I have seen any info re this signing so make of it what you will...seems to be very new info

Ragnar Klavan, the little-known 30-year old Estonian footballer that Liverpool this weekend signed for ?5million from FC Augsburg has established a reputation as a tough-tackling centre-back, and Jurgen Klopp will expect him to help shore up Liverpool's leaky defence.

Powerfully built, standing 6 ft 1 in tall and dominant in the air, Klavan is solid in the tackle as well as being exceptionally reliable: on average last season he made less than one four per match, and picked up just two bookings. Although he has played almost exclusively as a centre-back for his current club, FC Augsburg, he is also capable of playing as a left-sided full-back, and is efficient in bringing the ball out of defence.

That's a new one.

I get the impression Matip is a guy Klopp really wanted, here's hoping he's an important piece of the puzzle.

That's a new one.

I get the impression Matip is a guy Klopp really wanted, here's hoping he's an important piece of the puzzle.

Liverpool will have Matip, Gomez (looked a real young prospect before his injury in October last year but has just had a minor setback with a new achilles injury) Loveren,Sakho and now Klavan as centre backs but of course the injury doubts and the ongoing Sakho issue mean they will be required early on in the season

They will look for a left back and midfield reinforcements as they have Sturridge, Origi, Ings (it will be interesting to see how he develops after recovering from a bad injury) and new signing Mane as forwards...............Benteke, Ballotelli, Luis Alberto, Markovic,Lucas, Joe Allen,Wisdom,Llori and others will be available to be offloaded  this summer and could bring in ?60 million never mind reducing the wage bill.

Big clubs carry a huge playing staff and I think Liverpool are looking to reduce the numbers this season in order to bring some in.

rudi must stay

More Liverpool signing news....Newcastle's Georgina Wijnaldum being lined up for around ?20 million this week

Great deal for Newcastle. He's not worth that

Ferryjambo99

The cash in England is ridiculous. Players worth 5 million max going for 15, 20 million. The sort of money that could get you a really decent player from somewhere else

The cash in England is ridiculous. Players worth 5 million max going for 15, 20 million. The sort of money that could get you a really decent player from somewhere else

A lot of that is to do with Premier League clubs having to have a certain number of homegrown players. See Sterling and Ibe for example. Though I admit not all of it is down to that. See Benteke for example.

tartofmidlothian

Interesting article new on the Guardian about how 30m fees are the new norm.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/jul/17/how-30m-plus-fee-become-norm-premier-league-summer-transfer-window

Rudolf's Mate

Rumour (I did say rumour) Allen to Man U. I admit that I didn't rate him and that he surprised me at the Euros however I think it would be a strange addition tbh.

Heartsmad1874

Hamilton have signed ex Celtic midfielder Massimo Donati

Heartsmad1874

Napoli want 94 million euros for Higuain. Football is going mad

Really? :lol: decent signing if true!

Rudolf's Mate

Napoli want 94 million euros for Higuain. Football is going mad

I might be getting mixed up but if it was Arsenal who were after him surely they'll say bolt!

The Internet

94million seems like such an arbitrary figure, why not just demand that extra 6million? As if it means anything anyway.

Just seen this. He must be playing for the love of it as surely they couldn't afford his salary?

Phil Dunphy

94million seems like such an arbitrary figure, why not just demand that extra 6million? As if it means anything anyway.

It's the release clause in his contract.

The Internet

It's the release clause in his contract.

Should have just made it 100million imo. 

Heartsmad1874

Norwich have signed Northern Irish free agent Michael McGovern

Should have just made it 100million imo. 

its prob 100M euro

edit just noticed the poster said it was 94M euros so sounds like a strange value

Heartsmad1874

Football really has been thrown to the dogs if Man City are paying 15 million for the 17 year old kid Oxford at West Ham

CELTIC have reportedly had a THIRD bid of ?2.75m rejected by Aston Villa for winger Scott Sinclair.
Villa are adamant the Parkhead side's valuation is way off what they would be looking for to allow the 27-year old to leave Villa Park They are looking for at least a ?6m fee before allowing Sinclair to leave.

One player who checked in to Scottish football yesterday was Rangers new signing from Leicester City, Joe Dodoo.

The 21-year old forward was delighted to finally get a deal with Mark Warburton?s side sorted out and has been having his say on how he sees the Ibrox side?s season panning out.

Liverpool accept Stoke bid of ?13 million for Joe Allen

He had a decent end to the season and a very good European Championship for Wales but it's clear he is only going to be part of Klopps squad if he stays

Flanagan also may be on the move to Burnley

Sporting Clube de Portugal ? Futebol, SAD has reached an agreement with Vit?ria Futebol Clube, SAD for the loan of Andr? Geraldes and Ryan Gauld for the 2016/17 season, with no option for a permanent move.

Serious lack of activity from Arsenal is a bit strange!

It's the same as every other transfer window.

chester copperpot

Liverpool accept Stoke bid of ?13 million for Joe Allen

He had a decent end to the season and a very good European Championship for Wales but it's clear he is only going to be part of Klopps squad if he stays

Flanagan also may be on the move to Burnley

Pretty disappointed in this news tbh.

Had really warmed to Allen under Klopp and him and Lovren have completely changed my opinion on the 2 of them.

tartofmidlothian

Pretty disappointed in this news tbh.

Had really warmed to Allen under Klopp and him and Lovren have completely changed my opinion on the 2 of them.

Yeah, he played well for Wales in France. Bit of the Ian Black or Darren Barr about him, though. Is he really that good after three bang average seasons and six good months?

At least Liverpool are getting decent cash back for their unwanteds for a change. That's only a 2m loss on Allen.

chester copperpot

Yeah, he played well for Wales in France. Bit of the Ian Black or Darren Barr about him, though. Is he really that good after three bang average seasons and six good months?

At least Liverpool are getting decent cash back for their unwanteds for a change. That's only a 2m loss on Allen.

Thing is his form has coincided with Klopp getting to grips with him.

Same as Lovren but he is who I would make my captain.

Don't rate Henderson

Thing is his form has coincided with Klopp getting to grips with him.

Same as Lovren but he is who I would make my captain.

Don't rate Henderson

Allen is a decent player but he will never be first choice at Liverpool

You have Firmino, Coutinho, Can, Llallana, Henderson, Milner, Grujic (new young signing) and Ojo (youngster breaking through) never mind the possible signing of Wijnaldum and not forgetting Lucas though he may go also.............there is also the possibilty of another signing to come e.g Sissoko.

Klopp is doing the right thing by clearing the decks to create room for any young prospects and to bring in new players..........there will be good players who leave as part of that process

Now for Ballotelli, Benteke, Flanagan, Lucas, Llori, Wisdom, Markovic and Luis Alberto with I'm sure a few youngsters who are just not going to make it and he'll have complated part one of the major overhaul that is required.

When you see that list you can see (like most major clubs) just how bloated a squad can become and why it needs trimming hence the sales of Allen, Skrtel and hopefully a few more.

jamboinglasgow

Sporting Clube de Portugal ? Futebol, SAD has reached an agreement with Vit?ria Futebol Clube, SAD for the loan of Andr? Geraldes and Ryan Gauld for the 2016/17 season, with no option for a permanent move.

Pleased he stayed in Portugal. Would be disappointed if he went back to the UK for a loan. 

SCOTT McDONALD will be staying put at Motherwell this season after a possible return to Australia collapsed last night.

The Aussie striker will remain at the Lanarkshire club despite a surprise attempt by Western Sydney Wanderers to lure him back to his homeland, just two weeks after he signed a new one-year deal at Fir Park

Ryan Gauld has snubbed the chance to return to the UK and decided to go on loan in Portugal.

The Sporting Lisbon youngster - who made a ?3m switch from Dundee United two years ago - has been farmed out to Primeira Liga Vitoria Setubal for the season.

The 20-year-old was being chased by Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield but has opted to stay on the continent.

The Treasurer

Football really has been thrown to the dogs if Man City are paying 15 million for the 17 year old kid Oxford at West Ham

Oxford is a good player and a very decent prospect, but 15M for a 17 year old ????

It just shows how out of touch with reality these franchise clubs like citeh have become.

They're a relatively small club but just because some rich guy decides to make them his latest play-thing, they can act like they're fecking Real Madrid

We_are_the_Hearts

Oxford is a good player and a very decent prospect, but 15M for a 17 year old ????

It just shows how out of touch with reality these franchise clubs like citeh have become.

They're a relatively small club but just because some rich guy decides to make them his latest play-thing, they can act like they're fecking Real Madrid

BPL is pish and boring now. Foreign millionaires playground. Quicker the arse falls out it the better. Bayern and the Spanish giants just laugh at them. Scottish footy is low on quality but its real footy and more entertaining IMO

Heartsmad1874

Liverpool have apparently agreed a fee for Newcastle playmarker Georginio Wijnaldum

Heartsmad1874

Mario Gotze has officialy resigned for Borussia Dortmund

Fat Mike won't let Wijnaldum leave for ?20m they are looking for at least ?25-27m although they may take ?20m plus player(s) with Lucas being touted as a possible makeweight

Edit: looks like ?25m (including addons) has been agreed

Mario Gotze has officialy resigned for Borussia Dortmund

Really surprised if Klopp doesn't go in for him but last I read he was heading back to Dortmund.

Billy Walsh

Really surprised if Klopp doesn't go in for him but last I read he was heading back to Dortmund.

:cornette:

Archived