**Summer 2016 Transfer Thread**

Chaps

Brian Graham to Hibs from Ross County?

They must be trying to copy us signing all these big guys. Holt and now Graham.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chester copperpot

Benteke to Palace for ?32 million..deal agreed between the clubs

Thank feck.

Do you think they will sign anyone big on the back of this sale or was this money used up buying Mane?

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I remember reading at the time that Liverpool only paid Villa ?16m up front with the other ?16m being in add ons. Liverpool have done seriously well to negotiate such a high initial fee, but Palace selling Bolasie for big money has probably put them in a vulnerable position when it comes to buying players.

Thank feck.

Do you think they will sign anyone big on the back of this sale or was this money used up buying Mane?

They have plenty of money and more to come in before the window shuts

Just look at the sales made this summer...Allen ?13 million, Ibe ?15 million, Smith anything between ?3 to ?6million, Skrtel ?5milion, Canos ?2.5 million, with more from other sales like Sinclair to Watford.........?40 million at least incoming then there is Benteke's up to ?32 million deal and possible Ballotelli, Lucas, Wisdom and Luis Alberto sales to come (with luck).

What it means is that they actually are well in profit this summer and we haven't even spoke about the increased TV deal monies

An important part of Klopp's remit was to empty the squad of players who were simply making up the numbers...he's made a great start with just a few to go

The Internet

Always thought Brian Graham was terrible. Might do ok in the championship with players like Shinnie supplying him though.

Barcelona announce they have reached agreement for the sale of keeper Claudio Bravo to Manchester City

Joe Hart must surely move now for the sake of his career

Rudolf's Mate

Barcelona announce they have reached agreement for the sale of keeper Claudio Bravo to Manchester City

Joe Hart must surely move now for the sake of his career

What's the chances Hart's career will nosedive once he moves away from City!

Ibrahim Tall

What's the chances Hart's career will nosedive once he moves away from City!

High I'd imagine, honestly don't even see who would sign him that wouldn't be quite a large step down. Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs have already got better, Everton despite the link have already just signed Stekelenberg as number 1 and Liverpool Karius even if he does have an injury just now. Even Leicester have Schmeichal already. West Ham?

Heartsmad1874

Daryl Janmaat has signed for Watford for 7.5 million from Newcastle, Newcastle now need a right back are they genuinely interested in Paterson?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The Internet

Daryl Janmaat has signed for Watford for 7.5 million from Newcastle, Newcastle now need a right back are they genuinely interested in Paterson?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

They've signed Yedlin from Spurs but not sure what other options they have there.

The last week of the transfer window is upon us and this is where the agents and players really start to sweat never mind the clubs

You've got clubs who want players out but don't want to pay them off or subsidise a move

You've got players who know they won't play and need to get away from a club

You've got clubs who have money to burn but can't get their first choice so move on to the next and you've then got clubs who will need replacements and have little time to find them

You've got clubs who want to loan out youngsters for their development

Then you have clubs who have started badly and need to improve matters within the window period

The last few days are those of desperation in many cases and we will see deals made that make you scratch your head and ask  'why did they do that'  Liverpool's signing of Balotelli being a prime example a couple of seasons ago

Sit back and await the madness of the last minute transfer deal

The last week of the transfer window is upon us and this is where the agents and players really start to sweat never mind the clubs

You've got clubs who want players out but don't want to pay them off or subsidise a move

You've got players who know they won't play and need to get away from a club

You've got clubs who have money to burn but can't get their first choice so move on to the next and you've then got clubs who will need replacements and have little time to find them

You've got clubs who want to loan out youngsters for their development

Then you have clubs who have started badly and need to improve matters within the window period

The last few days are those of desperation in many cases and we will see deals made that make you scratch your head and ask  'why did they do that'  Liverpool's signing of Balotelli being a prime example a couple of seasons ago

Sit back and await the madness of the last minute transfer deal

A load of Jim White, if you ask me.

Buaben off to Ross County

Hopefully true and Ross county have plenty cash so he'd get a decent wage there.

jamboinglasgow

Buaben off to Ross County

I think an underrated player. But if we are moving him on then makes me think we are expecting to sign another central midfielder.

Ross County have agreed a 2 year deal with a midfield player from Wigan...Tim Chow.

I don't know if he is the Yung or older brother in his family

Perhaps that might impact on any proposed deal with Buaben

McCarthy is a decent player but he was one of the biggest culprits in that Everton side conceding so many goals under Martinez.

Not very high in football intelligence and players often had no trouble playing around him.

Zaza to West Ham looks on. Think tonight's result is a big un for WHU. Champs League = Another player or 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midloth_Iain

Zaza to West Ham looks on. Think tonight's result is a big un for WHU. Champs League = Another player or 2

Europa surely ?

Rudi's Left Peg

Europa League though mate

Ibrahim Tall

Won't be signing anyone then? :P

We_are_the_Hearts

Europa League is a big pull...............not. West Ham look like another team that have sold their soul to the cash cow. That new ground looks horrendous for atmosphere

McCarthy is a decent player but he was one of the biggest culprits in that Everton side conceding so many goals under Martinez.

Not very high in football intelligence and players often had no trouble playing around him.

he is a genuine plastic paddie so will fit in well there

Europa surely ?[/quote

My bad. Was thinking about next season [emoji15]

Europa League is a big pull...............not. West Ham look like another team that have sold their soul to the cash cow. That new ground looks horrendous for atmosphere

Few folk I know have been and said, other than stewards hassling them to sit down its grand. But fill yer boots.

Stefan Johansen moves from Celtic to Fulham according to the Express ?1.5 million

Celtic expecting one more incoming before the window closes

jamboinglasgow

Stefan Johansen moves from Celtic to Fulham according to the Express ?1.5 million

Crazy how much he fell away last season from being one of the best in the league. Celtic could have got a lot more for him if they sold him last summer.

Interesting to note that Johansen (12 goals in 73 appearances over last 2 seasons) is changing hands for ?1.5m or so when lots of our fans seem to think we should accept half of that for Callum Paterson (14 goals in 58 appearances over the same period). 

Interesting to note that Johansen (12 goals in 73 appearances over last 2 seasons) is changing hands for ?1.5m or so when lots of our fans seem to think we should accept half of that for Callum Paterson (14 goals in 58 appearances over the same period).

Aye and Paterson has done it from right back.

Stefan has been playing as an attacking midfielder.

What about assists? I'd imagine johansen will have a fair amount?

Archived