**Summer 2016 Transfer Thread**

Chaps

Norwich have ?2.5 million bid accepted by Liverpool for youngster Sergi Canos who was on loan at Brentford last season

Coloccini leaves Newcastle United to return home to Argentina

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Motherwell sign Carl McHugh from Plymouth Argyle.. defensive midfielder and it seems have upset Plymouth and Derek Adams after he had already agreed a two year extension with them but it seems 'well have simply offered more money

Plymouth fans seem to be lost in their geography deciding he's 'run to the Highlands'

Jamtarts-1874

What a great signing that is. Had a brilliant few seasons at Dortmund with last probably being his best.

He was actually pretty poor the season before last and ?42 mil is alot of money for a player in the last year of his contract. Pretty good player though

Hannibal Lecter

Former St Mirren player Aaron Mooy has signed for Man City and apparently been loaned to Rangers?

Signed for Huddersfield Town on loan.

Liverpool have accepted a bid of 15 million for Jorndon Ibe from Bournemouth

15 million

:cornette:

Bazzas right boot

15 million

Play a handful of games in the EPL or championship, do well and you are worth ?10m plus, it's just stupid down there, really is.

According to Sky Sports Man Utd in talks with Juve over for Paul Pogba worth 100 million.

tartofmidlothian

15 million

From a Liverpool perspective :yas:

46.5m in the bank from Benteke and Ibe very soon.

From a Liverpool perspective :yas:

46.5m in the bank from Benteke and Ibe very soon.

Congratulations you can afford Deeney.

:rofl:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?312970-Jason-Cummings-and-Stubbs&p=4752918#post4752918

These idiots actually think Stubbs isn't raiding their club out of respect.

:rofl:

They aren't getting raided because Stubbs doesn't want any of them near his new team. Putting Cummings up front in a championship side down south is probably a really good way of getting yourself sacked by Christmas.

Heartsmad1874

According to Sky, Man City are in talks with Bonucci. Top class defender who actually knows what defending is unlike some of the other City centre backs

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jamtarts-1874

According to Sky, Man City are in talks with Bonucci. Top class defender who actually knows what defending is unlike some of the other City centre backs

Nearly 30 though and the fee being talked about is ?50 mil. Crazy money, plus we all know the Serie A is under par atm

Heartsmad1874

Nearly 30 though and the fee being talked about is ?50 mil. Crazy money, plus we all know the Serie A is under par atm

Agree with what your saying mate but the money being thrown around by some clubs makes it almost seem like its a decent fee, City have wasted almost 80 million on the likes of Mangala and Otamendi who have been totally and utterly useless

Heartsmad1874

Danny Rogers goalkeeper at Aberdeen goes back to Falkirk on a one year loan deal

Surprised at this one thought McInnes would have given him the No1 jersey at Aberdeen

Jamtarts-1874

Agree with what your saying mate but the money being thrown around by some clubs makes it almost seem like its a decent fee, City have wasted almost 80 million on the likes of Mangala and Otamendi who have been totally and utterly useless

Yeah I guess for some teams like City and PSG it doesnt matter what they pay. He would be an upgrade on what they have but I think Otamendi has been half decent especially when Kompany isnt injured.

Heartsmad1874

Yeah I guess for some teams like City and PSG it doesnt matter what they pay. He would be an upgrade on what they have but I think Otamendi has been half decent especially when Kompany isnt injured.

Not even just those clubs, Crystal Palace were rumoured to have put in a bid of 30 million for Benteke!! The money in football is ridiculous these days, Yeah he looks decent with Kompany by his side but i think when Mangala or Demichelis was along aside him he looked really shaky

Graziano Pelle from Southampton to China for ?13 million...Shandong Luneng

Southampton once more raking in the transfer money with 3 big name sales so far this summer bringing in ?58 million or so

Graziano Pelle from Southampton to China for ?13 million...Shandong Luneng

Southampton once more raking in the transfer money with 3 big name sales so far this summer bringing in ?58 million or so

i would have expected a larger fee than that

franko1874

i would have expected a larger fee than that

Is he not 31/32 now? Maybe only a couple of seasons left in him, pretty sure he was on the sidelines a fair bit for the Saints last season

Jamtarts-1874

Not even just those clubs, Crystal Palace were rumoured to have put in a bid of 30 million for Benteke!! The money in football is ridiculous these days, Yeah he looks decent with Kompany by his side but i think when Mangala or Demichelis was along aside him he looked really shaky

True the money all the english teams will have this season is crazy but they still arnt using it very well imo. I just meant teams like City nd PSG are black holes for money whether as Palace and such still have to be fairly buissness minded

Is he not 31/32 now? Maybe only a couple of seasons left in him, pretty sure he was on the sidelines a fair bit for the Saints last season

Turns 31 in a week.

He's not English so that's 20 million off right away. Add in the age and 13m is probably a good deal.

Not just Saints ability to sell players but they have been superb in replacing them.

Anderson Talisca  6' 3 inches Brazilian forward at Benfica to Liverpool  rated at ?21 million in the press

Turns 31 in a week.

He's not English so that's 20 million off right away. Add in the age and 13m is probably a good deal.

Not just Saints ability to sell players but they have been superb in replacing them.

Yeah, good deal. Especially as they're making a profit on him. 2 good seasons out of him, and as you say they've been very good at replacing whoever they do lose. If Jay Rodriguez can get fit again they might even have a replacement already.

Carlos Bacca from AC Milan to West Ham United ?26 million reported in the Telegraph

West Ham also seem to have agreed deal for Gokhan Tore from Besiktas...?5 million loan deal with option to buy

Rumours of Scottish international Grant Hanley to Newcastle United as well

Heartsmad1874

Scouting system must be top drawer at Southampton consistenly find good players and re sell them for millions more

Carlos Bacca from AC Milan to West Ham United ?26 million reported in the Telegraph

West Ham also seem to have agreed deal for Gokhan Tore from Besiktas...?5 million loan deal with option to buy

Rumours of Scottish international Grant Hanley to Newcastle United as well

Newcastle doing their usual and spending big to really have a go at success.

Facepalm-Meme-12.jpg

franko1874

Turns 31 in a week.

13million is a sound deal I'd say.

Agree r.e Saints transfer business with not just the players but managers also, after pottichino(sp) I thought they would struggle the following season and be back down the bottom half of the table but they brought in Koeman, spent wisely and had their highest ever league position under him last season, be interesting to see if the new manager can follow suit.

Rudolf's Mate

Thought it was due to injury but might be wrong.

franko1874

Thought it was due to injury but might be wrong.

That's what I was meaning.

Tavernier & Waghorn rejecting new contracts at sevco because Barton & Rossiter are on higher salaries - and so it begins !!     :verysmug:

Tavernier & Waghorn rejecting new contracts at sevco because Barton & Rossiter are on higher salaries - and so it begins !! :verysmug:

I'd take Waghorn as a foil for Sammon or Juanma. He puts in a shift and he's quite a powerful, well built player despite being relatively small. Whether he's prolific enough in front of goal is another matter.

Tavernier can't defend at all and I think rangers would be better without him this season.

Say What Again

Papa Cisse leaves Newcastle United for China....Shandong Luneng

Whatever they got for him that's a good deal. Never looked interested at all.

jamboinglasgow

13million is a sound deal I'd say.

Agree r.e Saints transfer business with not just the players but managers also, after pottichino(sp) I thought they would struggle the following season and be back down the bottom half of the table but they brought in Koeman, spent wisely and had their highest ever league position under him last season, be interesting to see if the new manager can follow suit.

I watched a good program last year where they went around Southampton and were explaining why they were doing so well. They talked about managers and said that at the time they have a list of 4 managers who they would go for if/when Koeman left. They had the list (and constantly updated it) not because they thought Koeman was not good enough/about to go, but because they knew how things can change in football and need to be prepared. They also said that they interview managers like any other job to see if they will fit with the Southampton set-up and style, rather than what happens normally in football where the manager is basically interviewing the club to see if it will do what he wants. I do think Hearts we have plans for next manager with a few people in mind.

The program also showed more about the recruitment process. They have information on players all over the world from various sources which is analysed and put together in computers in a building nicknamed the black box. Their training ground has cameras covering every pitch so every youth game and training session is recorded. This mixed with coach reports allows them to have a clear picture when it comes to their own academy/U18/U21 players. They will sit down when recruiting for a position and look at those out side the club and young players in the club so they can make a clear choice. The technology and number of analysts  required make it a costly program for clubs outwith the Premier league, but for a Premier league it brings a huge advantage at getting the players that best fit the set up at the club for most cost effective price.

Heartsmad1874

Spurs sign Dutch forward Vincent Janssen from AZ Alkmaar for 17 million.

Rangers to sign Joe Dodoo on loan if you believe the Record or for a compensation fee if you believe STV as they state he is out of contract from Leicester City..21 year old forward/winger

Heartsmad1874

Southend have signed Hibs keeper Mark Oxley

CJGJ, on 12 Jul 2016 - 6:26 PM, said:

Rangers to sign Joe Dodoo on loan if you believe the Record or for a compensation fee if you believe STV as they state he is out of contract from Leicester City..21 year old forward/winger

thought he was extinct?

ZEEFUIK available on a free . saying he would love to come back .

:vrwow:  i'm listening.

Would love to see how the big man would do in the SPL. Although would question having him, Sammon, Juanma and Muirhead as our options.

Archived