New Strip

keithyboy1975

Seems very strange we would hold off so long on the new kits. Presumably the design and everything has been chosen for some time now.

What are the rules for kit sponsorship, in regards to having more than one sponsor? I doubt this is the case, but could the club possibly be seeking out another sponsor and wants this in place before a reveal and sale of the new strips?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems very strange we would hold off so long on the new kits. Presumably the design and everything has been chosen for some time now.

What are the rules for kit sponsorship, in regards to having more than one sponsor? I doubt this is the case, but could the club possibly be seeking out another sponsor and wants this in place before a reveal and sale of the new strips?

Several clubs have more than one sponsor. 

ICT had three (at least) on their strips last year. One on the front of the top, one on the back of the top and one on the shorts. 

Several clubs have more than one sponsor. 

ICT had three (at least) on their strips last year. One on the front of the top, one on the back of the top and one on the shorts. 

Ah thanks, you're quite right. I must be blind, as I never noticed that.

Delay could be due to a 'Morton' type senario.Perhaps club not happy with design,and told Puma to think again.

LarrysRightFoot

Regardless of the reason for the delay communication is what is lacking.

Since Queen Ann took over the communication has been pretty good and open but in this case it has been slow.

A line of two on the website with a release date would sort this all out.

Totally loved this strip i had as a lad.

13327506_867220420056631_748072998707857

Yep this was the strip when I was mascot (showing age now) Willie Gibson my favourite player gave me his number 10 shirt :biggrin:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After slagging Joma earlier in the thread I really like the new Swansea kits..

I take it all back

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2016/06/joma-swansea-city-16-17-home-and-away-kits.html?m=1

That is a nice kit tbf.  Can anyone do the honours and produce a Hearts version?  I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to all that clever stuff!

Nookie Bear

Seems to be two puma templates this year- round collar with the large stripe down from the collar to the cuff, or polo shirt collar with a large stripe.

Can't see us getting anything other than one of those tbh

football tops are all the same these days save for our championship one.

Dull. Bland. Borrring.

Matthew Le Tissier

Looking forward to seeing the new Southampton Under Armour shirt.

maroonlegions

Dull. Bland. Borrring.

And that Hibs top from last season wins it hands down again.. lol; 

Dull. Bland. Borrring.

Sadly it wasnt

Chelsea away that season was yellow with blue trimming. Exact same template

We are bringing the shop back in house...........putting a strip on sale early may simply give profit away to those who have control until we complete the 'buy back'

We will have a strip to show to the fans shortly but the on sale date will be later than usual it seems

In the meantime other clubs supplied by Puma have already released details... see Wolves, Rotherham, Barnsley, Dundee, Cambridge United, Leicester City and Arsenal........I would imagine we will have a variation of one of these.

No doubt our experts can amend those to show our colours and some examples of possible strips........it would seem it will be a round neck or a collar based on those other clubs

Sadly it wasnt

Really? Shan.

In that case football tops are all crap.

Still always want them though :sob:

Was in the shop Friday and was told late July early Aug before its on sale.

Missed a trick with summer holidays etc....

Puma's fault maybe not the club.

Not sure what the panic is, loads of clubs have yet to release their kits.

Not sure why grown men are panicking anyway :lol:

hughesie27

Hopefully they don't go with the daft teaser pics this year after such a delay already.

Hopefully they don't go with the daft teaser pics this year after such a delay already.

Be funny if they did though. :biggrin:

GingaNinja

We are bringing the shop back in house...........putting a strip on sale early may simply give profit away to those who have control until we complete the 'buy back'

We will have a strip to show to the fans shortly but the on sale date will be later than usual it seems

In the meantime other clubs supplied by Puma have already released details... see Wolves, Rotherham, Barnsley, Dundee, Cambridge United, Leicester City and Arsenal........I would imagine we will have a variation of one of these.

No doubt our experts can amend those to show our colours and some examples of possible strips........it would seem it will be a round neck or a collar based on those other clubs

Sorry to disappoint you but the "buy back" as you call it was completed awhile ago now !

this is a major mistake by Hearts not letting the average fan buy the new hearts strip for the trades fortnight (Holidays) ..... Lets hope lessons are learned ! and it will be interesting to see what the new strip looks like , given it will be the first one we have after the buy back and I'm pretty sure the shop had a say in the strip design before . I know they had a major hand in the memorial strip . Ultimately I just hope strip sales aren't effected by the fan that only buys a top to go on holiday , of which there are several ...........

3ff75945f60fd4480c9ba46bee0ba1f8.jpg

;)

Craig Thomson has really let himself go these days, eh? :lol:

Bloody better not be that :seething:

There's not much in their catalogue, had to sign up to view it too  :sick:

How do these templates work with \ via PUMA and Genesis? What if PUMA took on Killie, Partick or Inverness - who wear stripes? Surely they cannot have 3 designs to choose from.

If we have one of them templates (the one shown \ 2 training tops) - it'll be a massive let down

See post 574 and check those teams out.....we will almost certainly have a variation of one of those teams strip

People far more technically minded than me can I'm sure mock up a few from that list and post them

Ron Swanson

I think we'll end up something similar to falkirk with the collar in all maroon. Dugouts-2-768x960.jpg

Dusk_Till_Dawn

:lol:

Who cares? It'll be mostly maroon and in much the same design as every year.

Really? Shan.

In that case football tops are all crap.

Still always want them though :sob:

When i realised i was the same. Thought we were unique

Totally loved this strip i had as a lad.

13327506_867220420056631_748072998707857

This is without a doubt the best strip ever.

Diadora Van Basten

A lot of the Puma strips look old fashioned.

The exception is the Swiss strip which looks quite nice IMO.

Unknown user

58697_19452.png?t=1465339179

I think keeping it simple like this would work.

I really don't like large chunks of white on the sleeves, it's a bit hibs. I don't want to see that white stripe.

19/5HMFC12

Sadly it wasnt

Being a bit pedantic here but the Chelsea one wasn't quite the same. Different collar, the sleeves were different as was the material of the trimming. But sure there was another club in the CL that had the same template as ours. Played in Purple and yellow I think?

I really don't like large chunks of white on the sleeves, it's a bit hibs. I don't want to see that white stripe.

To be fair to the White Stripes, they did give us a rather amusing moment at Hampen.

Not sure if it should be paid tribute to in our strip though.

Nookie Bear

58697_19452.png?t=1465339179

I think keeping it simple like this would work.

It just looks like a crappy Arbroath or Northampton strip.

(Not having a dig at your mock up work though!)

If we don't see it in the next 24hrs - that's me done with Hearts, raging!

:D seriously though - come on! I want one for the wee lad, pre-season is dull enough, I'm not interested in Euro-2016, give us something to tide us over! :)

Archived