Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

chester copperpot

Gay mate, gay.

:lol: fair point well made.

Wish I could post a photo however there's a wee vineyard in the deepest darkest South of New Zealand which has been reduced from a tenner down to 5.50 which is just brilliant so I am all over that mate.

Red wine kills me for days

Space Mackerel

:lol: fair point well made.

Wish I could post a photo however there's a wee vineyard in the deepest darkest South of New Zealand which has been reduced from a tenner down to 5.50 which is just brilliant so I am all over that mate.

Red wine kills me for days

NZ white is alright when entertaining the ladies. Or summer time. [emoji12]

looking in the wrong place. had a brilliant stream on SM

Went through every one in the ppv section, might have been down to my shite broadband speed :(

Edit: Just checked and it's feckin faultless now :seething:

Edited by graygo

Willows steam worked perfect for me all night. Didn't buffer once and my internet isn't even that great. Some amount of dummy's being spat out on the Facebook page just now.

Due to the streams going down for the boxing last night on sports/ultimate mania, the guy that runs it is offering all subscribers a free month.

Go to the subscription renew page,pick the month sub deal and type in coupon code "willowsorry".

Offer available until Tuesday

Willows steam worked perfect for me all night. Didn't buffer once and my internet isn't even that great. Some amount of dummy's being spat out on the Facebook page just now.

Even though it is a paid for service you have to expect a bit of problems every now and then

Even sky isn't perfect.

At 26 quid for 6 months what we get is outstanding imo. People are just a holes.

Edited by AlimOzturk

chester copperpot

Due to the streams going down for the boxing last night on sports/ultimate mania, the guy that runs it is offering all subscribers a free month.

Go to the subscription renew page,pick the month sub deal and type in coupon code "willowsorry".

I feel a bit cheeky taking it as I had a perfect stream for it but hey ho. Still took it :lol:

I feel a bit cheeky taking it as I had a perfect stream for it but hey ho. Still took it :lol:

I didn't even know it was on, happy to accept the free month though!

Fill your boots. I don't even like boxing!

:pleasing:

chester copperpot

Guys I'm selling a brand new fire box in the wanted and for sale section If anyone is interested in getting involved in getting one for kodi

I have sent you a PM

I took up the free month. Wasn't interested in the boxing but my sub was ready to run out the week before Christmas and any money saved at this time of the year is a bonus.

Can't fault their customer service.

I fecking hate the facebook page though. The folk constantly bumming them up are as annoying as the guys who complain about the service!

I took up the free month. Wasn't interested in the boxing but my sub was ready to run out the week before Christmas and any money saved at this time of the year is a bonus.

Can't fault their customer service.

I fecking hate the facebook page though. The folk constantly bumming them up are as annoying as the guys who complain about the service!

The bumming up is brutal!

I have no problem with the people complaining though. At the end of the day they've got a flawed business model where they provide customer service via bloody Facebook, it's the only thing available to people who need help.

A bigger complaint are the twat fanboys who jump on every complaint with "what do you expect, this isn't sky!"

I expect what was promised, it's not unreasonable

The bumming up is brutal!

I have no problem with the people complaining though. At the end of the day they've got a flawed business model where they provide customer service via bloody Facebook, it's the only thing available to people who need help.

A bigger complaint are the twat fanboys who jump on every complaint with "what do you expect, this isn't sky!"

I expect what was promised, it's not unreasonable

:laugh:

This is a dodgy service Smithee. You have to expect it to go wrong once in a while.

They can promise you this and that and be genuine with those promises but even the best intentions can't stop unexpected problems such as sky trying to shut it down.

Rudolf's Mate

Everyone (nearly) expects Mania to have issues. I stopped posting on their page 16 months ago because you couldn't even ask a question without being jumped on by people giving it "it only costs this". Some people will moan for the sake of it however it was like a lynch mob mentality for even daring question anything or mentioning anything that might be seen as negative.

Willow used to pretty much deal with everything himself however it obviously became so big he enlisted help. I asked a question about 18 months ago and one of the new admin threatened to ban me [emoji85]

Likewise. mine was due to run out at new year so i bought some time

:laugh:

This is a dodgy service Smithee. You have to expect it to go wrong once in a while.

They can promise you this and that and be genuine with those promises but even the best intentions can't stop unexpected problems such as sky trying to shut it down.

If they expect people to ditch sky and go with them (and they do!) then they have to understand people have expectations of service, and will get annoyed at being let down.

And the only way people can voice that is via Facebook, where twats who are having no problems go "chill, what do you expect, it's not sky lol"

Maybe it's because I've been in Holland so long but I've lost that British trait of not complaining for fear of causing a scene - give me what I paid for!

jack D and coke

Tbh people go way over the top complaining about mania it's generally spot on 99% of the time and it's to be expected they have some issues at times.

I can't be doing with the people who bum them up either but for ?1 week if you complain you're a bit of a tool.

I've asked dozens of questions and they've always been nothing but polite and helpful. I've had a couple of premium addons before and mania is head and shoulders above them in every way. The guys who have ran the other ones I've used have been proper rude and basically con men.

It'll be a sad day when it's no more.

luckyBatistuta

Tbh people go way over the top complaining about mania it's generally spot on 99% of the time and it's to be expected they have some issues at times.

I can't be doing with the people who bum them up either but for ?1 week if you complain you're a bit of a tool.

I've asked dozens of questions and they've always been nothing but polite and helpful. I've had a couple of premium addons before and mania is head and shoulders above them in every way. The guys who have ran the other ones I've used have been proper rude and basically con men.

Genuinely dread the day that SM is shut down. I signed up to this fully expecting it not to be perfect, but still amazing value for money. It really is one of the best things I've ever had for my money. As you say jack, a ?1 a week...a stinking ?1 a week. I just can't understand how people can moan about what they are getting for that at the moment. It won't be until it's gone that these folk will realise just how good it was for the money and they'll wish they had it back. Stop moaning and enjoy it ffs!!!

I agree with all that, but unfortunately the only way to even make a concern known is in full view of a tutting mob.

If they had a Facebook page AND a private way of getting customer service it would look very different!

I've had dealings with crap providers too, and yes they are better, but let's not forget their income is well into 6 figures per year from selling stolen content - this isn't a mate doing you a favour

jack D and coke

I agree with all that, but unfortunately the only way to even make a concern known is in full view of a tutting mob.

If they had a Facebook page AND a private way of getting customer service it would look very different!

I've had dealings with crap providers too, and yes they are better, but let's not forget their income is well into 6 figures per year from selling stolen content - this isn't a mate doing you a favour

Yeah all fair enough too.

Still think people go way overboard and like I say any problems I've had they've responded quickly and fixed my issues.

Yeah all fair enough too.

Still think people go way overboard and like I say any problems I've had they've responded quickly and fixed my issues.

Yeah people do over react, and I haven't really had problems myself to be fair. It's definitely been better since they moved to Silverlight too, much more reliable

If Mania and Kodi goes tits up something else will come along.

I remember having a dodgy cable box years ago and being utterly gutted when they changed the codes so we couldn't use them anymore.

Yet here we are Now with something streets better.

If Mania and Kodi goes tits up something else will come along.

I remember having a dodgy cable box years ago and being utterly gutted when they changed the codes so we couldn't use them anymore.

Yet here we are Now with something streets better.

:Agree:

If they expect people to ditch sky and go with them (and they do!) then they have to understand people have expectations of service, and will get annoyed at being let down.

And the only way people can voice that is via Facebook, where twats who are having no problems go "chill, what do you expect, it's not sky lol"

Maybe it's because I've been in Holland so long but I've lost that British trait of not complaining for fear of causing a scene - give me what I paid for!

I take the view that the guys are providing 'underground content' which I am prepared to pay a very sensible amount of money for, knowing that its a cottage industry set up with 4 or 5 guys working to provide it, at risk of imprisonment if they get caught don't forget.

I accept that its prone to reliability issues and it may disappear off the map at any given moment (hence why I only pay for 3 months at a time) I think their service is fantastic, even with the odd reliability issue and the risk of it disappearing forever with my money and credit card details.

My advice would be, if you want Sky standard service, stick with Sky. If you want value for money with the odd drop out here and there at a very reasonable price, the SM is for you, but know what you are getting into and signing up for.  To point out issues is fine. To complain about minor reliability issues for a service like SM is just daft.

Edited by CollyWolly

Going through my emails the other day and I had subscribed to a site called StreamPro about 5 years ago. Anyone mind them?

I've seen the boys running SM saying they have umpteen servers all over the shop. If one gets closed down they will just move it somewhere else.

I've seen the boys running SM saying they have umpteen servers all over the shop. If one gets closed down they will just move it somewhere else.

I know they have servers outside the EU too, to be on the safe side legal wise.

My mate told me one of the admins let slip that they have 8000+ subscribers and rising.

Assuming they're all paying the lowest amount per year, 50 quid, that's 400k p.a. income (plenty are paying much more than that too with monthly deals) - damn straight they've got extra servers, this is a cash cow!

My mate told me one of the admins let slip that they have 8000+ subscribers and rising.

Assuming they're all paying the lowest amount per year, 50 quid, that's 400k p.a. income (plenty are paying much more than that too with monthly deals) - damn straight they've got extra servers, this is a cash cow!

If they have the presence of mind to offer such a service and keep it running at 99% then I don't grudge them their profits one bit!

Space Mackerel

8000? I would've thought it was way more than that TBH.

Rudolf's Mate

8000? I would've thought it was way more than that TBH.

The information is listed at the bottom of their website page. We were able to tell about 4-6 months ago they had around 6k.

jack D and coke

Willow says where he has the servers there aren't any copyright laws so ATM it's ok. Has hundreds of domains too so he'll just move them if need be. I've no idea how feasible it is to keep one step ahead though.

As for 8000 subscribers I'd be amazed if it's as low as that tbh I'm blown away by the amount of people who have mania now.

Rudolf's Mate

Willow says where he has the servers there aren't any copyright laws so ATM it's ok. Has hundreds of domains too so he'll just move them if need be. I've no idea how feasible it is to keep one step ahead though.

As for 8000 subscribers I'd be amazed if it's as low as that tbh I'm blown away by the amount of people who have mania now.

I stand corrected :lol: They've taken it off Sports Mania though it's still on Ultimate's site. 

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

jack D and coke

I stand corrected :lol: They've taken it off Sports Mania though it's still on Ultimate's site.

The facebook page has about 13,000 members and you always see people posting for others saying they don't have a facebook account. Even out of my close mates practically all of us have it and even just other people I know have surprised me by mentioning it on various facebook and twitter posts. You might well be right about the numbers of course it just seems to be awful low considering.

Rudolf's Mate

The facebook page has about 13,000 members and you always see people posting for others saying they don't have a facebook account. Even out of my close mates practically all of us have it and even just other people I know have surprised me by mentioning it on various facebook and twitter posts. You might well be right about the numbers of course it just seems to be awful low considering.

When we spoke about it last time I must admit I expected it to be higher than what their site was saying. A lot higher!

On the original Mania site it used to give how many registered users, active users and most users actually using the service at a specific time plus the date recorded. Admittedly it might not be a great idea giving out these figures and showing a lower user base than they actually have could be pretty clever/beneficial.

The only thing that made me think back then that it might be correct was whilst there are loads of people we know using the service, there are even more that refuse point blank to pay for anything [emoji3]

I'd be shocked if it wasn't at least double the 8k though and some.