Kodi again

Unknown user

chester copperpot

I know people on less than that and have no issues with HD bud. I never have issues with mine either.

Is your box wired? If not, if possible try it wired and see if that solves it.

Yeah have always wired it. Quite frustrating tbh. Will check all the connections the now

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

Unknown user

I did this mate and got 52mbps.

Virgin said it was 50 so am actually getting more than I paid for and should be ample amounts for this.

Any ideas why its so poor then?

That's testing the speed not the quality - pingtest.net will give you different scores altogether, Ping, Jitter, Packets dropped

chester copperpot

That's testing the speed not the quality - pingtest.net will give you different scores altogether, Ping, Jitter, Packets dropped

Im not very techy mate so can you explain the differences please.

Will pop onto pingtest.net and post the results. Gimme 5 mins

Ping - 48ms

Jitter - 16ms

Packet loss -n/a

Edited by chester copperpot

Unknown user

Im not very techy mate so can you explain the differences please.

Will pop onto pingtest.net and post the results. Gimme 5 mins

Think of it like a road - you might be able to get up to 70 but if the quality's shit you're in for a bumpy ride!

chester copperpot

Think of it like a road - you might be able to get up to 70 but if the quality's shit you're in for a bumpy ride!

Right, read above and let me know yer thoughts and how I can maybe better my connection if ye can.

Meant to add - line quality B*

Edited by chester copperpot

Unknown user

Right, read above and let me know yer thoughts and how I can maybe better my connection if ye can.

You need to use a different browser, Firefox for example - chrome doesn't give the full result

EDIT - pings high but not mental high, it does suggest it's not perfect though

Edited by Smithee

Turned on my box for the first time in weeks and nothing seemed to work very well. Pheonix gone?

Thinking about starting again with it. Any good links that'll help me do that?

chester copperpot

You need to use a different browser, Firefox for example - chrome doesn't give the full result

EDIT - pings high but not mental high, it does suggest it's not perfect though

Anything I can do to help get hd mate

Turned on my box for the first time in weeks and nothing seemed to work very well. Pheonix gone?

Thinking about starting again with it. Any good links that'll help me do that?

Im in the same boat. not used mine for weeks and pretty much nothing works.

Reset your router every now then. Clear cache and purge packages using a maintenance program. (Through tv addons)

You can adjust the sources on Exodus and SALTS so the best appear at the top. Also, maybe consider getting real debrid meant to be great for hd sources.

Edited by AlimOzturk

Rudolf's Mate

Smithee is the man re the more technical side of things bud. Out of curiosity what box are you using?

Alim - It's the HD sport he's having issues with on Mania bud. RD won't improve that unfortunately.

Rudolf's Mate

An mbox

Bought it about a year ago

The Mania FB page might be the best place to ask mate. It can be for a variety of reasons you're having this issue however unless someone's had the issue then it can sometimes be a pain trying to work out how to rectify it. 

chester copperpot

The Mania FB page might be the best place to ask mate. It can be for a variety of reasons you're having this issue however unless someone's had the issue then it can sometimes be a pain trying to work out how to rectify it.

Ok man cheers :thumb:

Unknown user

Ok man cheers :thumb:

They can certainly make sure your settings are good, but I'd still recommend doing that pingtest.net test again on Firefox if you can. I'm pretty sure your connection isn't perfect and you have the right to demand that.

Im in the same boat. not used mine for weeks and pretty much nothing works.

If you haven't had it on for weeks you need to do two things

1. Update all your addons (System > addons > Available Updates  > enable all.) Addons that are out of date quite often wont work until you update them and there have been loads of updates to some of the big add ons recently

2. Check your version of Kodi and upgrade to the latest version.Agsin, some add ons wont work with the old versions of Kodi.The latest stable version is 16.1 Jarvis

Check that's what you are on. If you are not I would recommend updating. I am pretty sure you can update without losing all your add-ons.

Every 6 weeks or so I spend a couple of hours fresh loading the entire thing.

Edited by CollyWolly

Unknown user

Basically, info packets don't travel in a steady stream, they're broken up and take different routes to your house.

Your modem then has to put them together, in the right order, so your end device can use them.

If something along the way isn't perfect, they land in a jumble and a lot of work has to be done to sort them out.

For Webpages , torrents etc, it doesn't really matter if that doesn't happen quickly but with hd streaming, any packet issues will really show as things are working closer to their limits

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Basically, info packets don't travel in a steady stream, they're broken up and take different routes to your house.

Your modem then has to put them together, in the right order, so your end device can use them.

If something along the way isn't perfect, they land in a jumble and a lot of work has to be done to sort them out.

For Webpages , torrents etc, it doesn't really matter if that doesn't happen quickly but with hd streaming, any packet issues will really show as things are working closer to their limits

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

This sounds like a wardrobe I bought from Ikea. a couple of weeks ago. I had enough bits left over to make a replica Ford Cortina.

Looking for any suggestions or recommendations for a new box. I'm currently using a Cyclone Andriod X4 (Quad Core Smart Media Player) You can pick one up for ?30-?40. I'm giving that to my bro for his new flat so I'll be wanting to replace and upgrade. How much would I need to pay for a proper decent box?

Also, I signed up for Sportsmania and I really don't see much difference between that & Sportsdevil. Reckon that's down to my shit internet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rudolf's Mate

Looking for any suggestions or recommendations for a new box. I'm currently using a Cyclone Andriod X4 (Quad Core Smart Media Player) You can pick one up for ?30-?40. I'm giving that to my bro for his new flat so I'll be wanting to replace and upgrade. How much would I need to pay for a proper decent box?

Also, I signed up for Sportsmania and I really don't see much difference between that & Sportsdevil. Reckon that's down to my shit internet?

Personally I'd go for Amazon Fire TV box. The only issue I've ever really had with it was the Kodi icon disappearing from the main screen. Compare that to the countless issues you read about different other boxes.

The T8 is what I'd go for after that.

Unknown user

This sounds like a wardrobe I bought from Ikea. a couple of weeks ago. I had enough bits left over to make a replica Ford Cortina.

:D

Unknown user

That doesn't sound right with mania! They're normally head and shoulders above the rest in terms of quality, what problems are you having?

Personally I'd go for Amazon Fire TV box. The only issue I've ever really had with it was the Kodi icon disappearing from the main screen. Compare that to the countless issues you read about different other boxes.

The T8 is what I'd go for after that.

Thanks [emoji106]

That doesn't sound right with mania! They're normally head and shoulders above the rest in terms of quality, what problems are you having?

A lot of buffering and booted me off a few times. I only paid for the ?6 package to see what it was like, might try it again later on in the season.

Unknown user

A lot of buffering and booted me off a few times. I only paid for the ?6 package to see what it was like, might try it again later on in the season.

I experience near perfectIion from them, so I know the streams are good when they leave Mania - that means somewhere between their servers and your computer there's a problem.

Do you use a wired connection? If not, are you near your wifi source? If no to both of them, fix that and try again.

What are you running it on?

chester copperpot

Still can't get my packet loss despite installing Firefox and running the ping test on that.

Do you think that may be the issue Smithee?

Saving I need javascript enabled but no idea how to do that :lol:

Unknown user

Still can't get my packet loss despite installing Firefox and running the ping test on that.

That's why we're not getting a full result, give me a minute

Unknown user

Ok it looks pretty simple, go into your Firefox options and put a tick in the box Enable Javascript. Then go back to pingtest and it should work, fingers crossed!

chester copperpot

Ok it looks pretty simple, go into your Firefox options and put a tick in the box Enable Javascript. Then go back to pingtest and it should work, fingers crossed!

Cannae find it in the options mate. arrrrrgggg!

chester copperpot

Also, when I configured the javascript to be enabled, when I went into the pingtest, showing that I need the latest adobe version! 

FFS I may just watch it in SD instead of all this hassle :lol:

I experience near perfectIion from them, so I know the streams are good when they leave Mania - that means somewhere between their servers and your computer there's a problem.

Do you use a wired connection? If not, are you near your wifi source? If no to both of them, fix that and try again.

What are you running it on?

I think it's either my shitty box or the internet speed. The wifi source is literally feet away.

Not sure what you mean by the last question?

Unknown user

I think it's either my shitty box or the internet speed. The wifi source is literally feet away.

The shitty box :D

Sorry guys we're selling the house, views tomorrow and we're having to clean up and pretend that pigs don't live here, I'll give you more time when I can

Have you tried a wired connection? Or make sure the box isn't beside something like a games console that may cause interference with the WiFi.

It's near the PS4, on seperate shelves. Never had it with a wired connection. Thing is watching movies is never really a problem unless someone else is using the internet and more often than not I manage to get a good stream for the football, wether it be through Pheonix, SportsDevil or Castaway. Just noticed Sportsmania wasn't as great for me as people are saying on here.

It's near the PS4, on seperate shelves. Never had it with a wired connection. Thing is watching movies is never really a problem unless someone else is using the internet and more often than not I manage to get a good stream for the football, wether it be through Pheonix, SportsDevil or Castaway. Just noticed Sportsmania wasn't as great for me as people are saying on here.

Have you got a sky dish?

Maybe look into the open box card sharing device for your live tv fix. :thumbsup:

Really impressed with sportsMania thus far however it is not a 'perfect' stream.  It still freezes (not a lot however) but it is infinitely better than regular streaming. How can Hearts World be picked up for tomorrow?

Edited by i8hibsh

Really impressed with sportsMania thus far however it is not a 'perfect' stream.  It still freezes (not a lot however) but it is infinitely better than regular streaming. How can Hearts World be picked up for tomorrow?

Its in the 'Club Teams' section. Not sure if Hearts TV are showing it and its not on the SM stream schedules yet

Edited by CollyWolly

Its in the 'Club Teams' section. Not sure if Hearts TV are showing it and its not on the SM stream schedules yet

Cheers CW. I thought Hearts tv covered all games.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Is anyone else's sportsnation down? Turned on my box, a few updates went through (including SN) and now I can't open it. Error just says check log for details.

Get the same on my stick.

Edit: tried logging into the website, it can't be reached, taking too long to respond.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

currently staring at a frozen screen on kodi - all i can see is the Ream Madrid lineup. This is after spending 20minutes trying to get a stream to actually work. I'm using a build called 'Fire TV Guru' - utter crap imo.

Can anyone recommend any other build and tell me how to get it?

THanks! 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

currently staring at a frozen screen on kodi - all i can see is the Ream Madrid lineup. This is after spending 20minutes trying to get a stream to actually work. I'm using a build called 'Fire TV Guru' - utter crap imo.

Can anyone recommend any other build and tell me how to get it?

THanks! 

I don't use a build, so can't comment. If you have castaway addon, go into dimsports & try the second link, it seems to be working. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Is anyone else's sportsnation down? Turned on my box, a few updates went through (including SN) and now I can't open it. Error just says check log for details.

Get the same on my stick.

Edit: tried logging into the website, it can't be reached, taking too long to respond.

Tried SN, again, and it's working, Must have been down for maintenance.

Cheers CW. I thought Hearts tv covered all games.

All are covered in audio. Not all with a live video feed though. Website isnt very informative as to whether the St J game is being shown.

I will ask on the SM Facebook page tomorrow.

Edited by CollyWolly

Better call Saul

Just got my first Kodi box thanks to JACK D

I hope to christ I dont suffer all these posted problems or I may need to call the JACK D help line

:lol:

bloody loving it though

All are covered in audio. Not all with a live video feed though. Website isnt very informative as to whether the St J game is being shown.

I will ask on the SM Facebook page tomorrow.

Nice one  - hope the game tonight is streamed.  Tried to get the Hibs game last night on Hibs TV (had a good feeling they would lose) but there was nothing.  Surprised that not more teams have TV channels.  Going by the 'Clubs' section in Sportsamania only the following have channels on it:

Liverpool

Aberdeen

Dundee (bizarrely)

Chelsea

Liverpool

Manchester United

Heart

Hibs

Arsenal

Celtic

Rangers

I assume it is because all the English games tend to be on anyway so it is not required.

Nice one  - hope the game tonight is streamed.  Tried to get the Hibs game last night on Hibs TV (had a good feeling they would lose) but there was nothing.  Surprised that not more teams have TV channels.  Going by the 'Clubs' section in Sportsamania only the following have channels on it:

Liverpool

Aberdeen

Dundee (bizarrely)

Chelsea

Liverpool

Manchester United

Heart

Hibs

Arsenal

Celtic

Rangers

I assume it is because all the English games tend to be on anyway so it is not required.

Weird. The Hibs game was on Hibs TV last night and I watched the last half hour. Which was rather an amusing experience I have to say

Edited by CollyWolly

jack D and coke

Weird. The Hibs game was on Hibs TV last night and I watched the last half hour. Which was rather an amusing experience I have to say

Yeah wondered the same. Sometimes you have to request the games...

Unless there's been no interest in their matches and he's not kept a subscription going.

Yeah wondered the same. Sometimes you have to request the games...

Unless there's been no interest in their matches and he's not kept a subscription going.

Ah, I only tried right at KO and never again after that. May have came on after the start. Really wish the club would advertise if this game is on HTV tonight.

jack D and coke

Ah, I only tried right at KO and never again after that. May have came on after the start. Really wish the club would advertise if this game is on HTV tonight.

It won't be mate I don't think. Only home games are screened by Hearts TV.

It won't be mate I don't think. Only home games are screened by Hearts TV.

Ah shit. Crappy radio it is then.