• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

chester copperpot

Here's something for you techys out there.

I always put my exodus and Sportsmania on the shortcuts in the videos section meaning that there is a square that I can click on that gets me straight in, however every 24hrs it seems to disappear and I have to go through clicking on the add ons then selecting it under the videos part of kodi.

Not a major issue but a little annoying nonetheless!

heartsfc_fan

Anyone else had Exodus randomly uninstalling itself lately?

What version of Kodi are you running?

Fraggle Rock

I always put my exodus and Sportsmania on the shortcuts in the videos section meaning that there is a square that I can click on that gets me straight in, however every 24hrs it seems to disappear and I have to go through clicking on the add ons then selecting it under the videos part of kodi.

Have you have added the shorcut in the appearance section, If not try that, or if you have try setting the shortcut again and then do a forced shutdown ( ie pull out the power cable from your box) and restart your box or even try a propper restart straight after adding it. Not sure what else it could be tbh.  Find appearance section at--- system - settings - appearance -skin -press right onto -skin settings -add on shortcuts- then add to video sub menu.

Good luck.

Edited by EH17

jack D and coke

That's happened to me a couple of times tbh not sure why...initially thought it was caused by kodi 16.0 so went back to 15.2 but it happened on that once as well. Installed 16.1 and it hasn't happened yet but it's only been a week or so. It's strange...

Space Mackerel

That's happened to me a couple of times tbh not sure why...initially thought it was caused by kodi 16.0 so went back to 15.2 but it happened on that once as well. Installed 16.1 and it hasn't happened yet but it's only been a week or so. It's strange...

Awfy lot of fannying about, dont get that with Sky :2thumbsup:

chester copperpot

Have you have added the shorcut in the appearance section, If not try that, or if you have try setting the shortcut again and then do a forced shutdown ( ie pull out the power cable from your box) and restart your box or even try a propper restart straight after adding it. Not sure what else it could be tbh. Find appearance section at--- system - settings - appearance -skin -press right onto -skin settings -add on shortcuts- then add to video sub menu.

Good luck.

Aye done all that. Well not the forced shut down so will try that.

Cheers mate

jack D and coke

Awfy lot of fannying about, dont get that with Sky :2thumbsup:

All meat and drink to me that sort of stuff pal...Not so much for a techy Deakin like yourself[emoji1360]

Space Mackerel

All meat and drink to me that sort of stuff pal...Not so much for a techy Deakin like yourself[emoji1360]

That's a lot of meat and drink though [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I make changes like that, and it's hard to remember sometimes, that the best practice is to power down the box and power it back up again before you watch anything. If you leave your box on all the time, it'll dae funny things in the night sometimes. It's because so many things are set to auto update and if you haven't saved it, by powering down, quite often the auto updates can mess things up. Shouldn't happen really but does for no apparent reason.

jack D and coke

Ok, picked up a new box.

Installed wookie.

Any recommendations for downloading?

Wookie has everything and way more than you'll ever need as far as addons go. Work out what best for you but personally SpectoFork, exodus, SALTS, UKTurk and Phoenix are all you'll need. As far as free sports go I'm not that clued up on them anymore but NJMSoccer was always decent and I believe DCSports is ok. Go through the sports addons there's loads.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Wookie has everything and way more than you'll ever need as far as addons go. Work out what best for you but personally SpectoFork, exodus, SALTS, UKTurk and Phoenix are all you'll need. As far as free sports go I'm not that clued up on them anymore but NJMSoccer was always decent and I believe DCSports is ok. Go through the sports addons there's loads.

Zemtv is pretty good, castaway, too. However, I just added sportsnation and it's the shizzle. No point arsing about with free addons (as mentioned loads of times before).

jack D and coke

Zemtv is pretty good, castaway, too. However, I just added sportsnation and it's the shizzle. No point arsing about with free addons (as mentioned loads of times before).

Yeah for anybody that wants reliable sports streams it's the one[emoji1360]

Hi All, i've been lurking in this thread for a wee while and doing a wee bit of online research. I've now managed to persuade my missus that we should ditch sky and switch to Kodi and Freesat.

I've been looking at all in one kodi boxes and will probably go for this one - , is this one that was referenced a couple of pages back as being decent? Presumably with a hard drive installed, I can record shows for watching later(sorry for the stupid questions).

I'm going to get fibre broadband. Presumably you can get NFL through sportsmania/ultimate mania?

Thanks for all the stuff in this thread, absolutely brilliant help and advice.

Edited by Dutchmul

jack D and coke

Will the Hibs game likely be on Sportsmania? Wanna watch them slip up.

Don't think they have Falkirk TV so if doubt it mate. I'll have a squint later though and see what's what. That's what's great about the Facebook page if you request a game he does his best to get a stream up for you.

jack D and coke

Hi All, i've been lurking in this thread for a wee while and doing a wee bit of online research. I've now managed to persuade my missus that we should ditch sky and switch to Kodi and Freesat.

I've been looking at all in one kodi boxes and will probably go for this one - , is this one that was referenced a couple of pages back as being decent? Presumably with a hard drive installed, I can record shows for watching later(sorry for the stupid questions).

I'm going to get fibre broadband. Presumably you can get NFL through sportsmania/ultimate mania?

It's not my bag the yank sports but fairly sure they do all that yeah.

chester copperpot

If I make changes like that, and it's hard to remember sometimes, that the best practice is to power down the box and power it back up again before you watch anything. If you leave your box on all the time, it'll dae funny things in the night sometimes. It's because so many things are set to auto update and if you haven't saved it, by powering down, quite often the auto updates can mess things up. Shouldn't happen really but does for no apparent reason.

:thumb:

Thanks man I think you've nailed it

Unknown user

I've taken some screen shots from the android app for you. There are channels like Espn etc and a specific nfl section

The last one shows what's on the now [emoji106]

24f730b54f7d2977c930b7e8e9932d88.jpg

f11f5852d1329d7180a15b9c69d49271.jpg

1368977c88e8f797b8895aaf7c7044eb.jpg

luckyBatistuta

I love NFL bud and Sportsmania is great for it and other US sports too.

chester copperpot

The rangers Hamilton hd stream on mania has been magnificent by the way

Indeed. Tremendous.

I have my 3 months subs back already and Ive only watched a couple of things

Great recommendation all :thumb:

luckyBatistuta

Indeed. Tremendous.

I have my 3 months subs back already and Ive only watched a couple of things

Great recommendation all :thumb:

I've never had a game let me down in my whole 6 month subscription.

chester copperpot

I've never had a game let me down in my whole 6 month subscription.

Seeing Waghorn getting a Hammy in full HD......well that's just

:pleasing:

Worth a years subscription alone :gok:

Edited by chester copperpot

Thanks for the answers guys, much appreciated.

Is the T8 V4 a good choice? looks fantastic, watched a video on youtube about it, comes ready to use and looks like good support from entertainmentbox, any users on here with comments? Also, can I save shows to the hard drive for my missus? she really does watch some crap shows from america, mostly on sky but I download some for her before they are on here.

Unknown user

Is the T8 V4 a good choice? looks fantastic, watched a video on youtube about it, comes ready to use and looks like good support from entertainmentbox, any users on here with comments? Also, can I save shows to the hard drive for my missus? she really does watch some crap shows from america, mostly on sky but I download some for her before they are on here.

The T8's often recommended, but don't worry about downloading, she'll be able to stream on demand without having to download first

jack D and coke

I've recently got one of those and yeah excellent box. Easily expandable with the HD too for downloading stuff to although I haven't got the the HD or ever downloaded anything from kodi. Rudolphs Mate is your man here.

Rudolf's Mate

I've recently got one of those and yeah excellent box. Easily expandable with the HD too for downloading stuff to although I haven't got the the HD or ever downloaded anything from kodi. Rudolphs Mate is your man here.

:thumbsup:

Truth be told, if what you want is on Kodi it's unlikely you'll bother to download. Even if it's for ease of use, there are ways you can save (bookmark) your fav stuff in Kodi for easy access.

I download stuff for the kids to watch simply so they can watch in the car (no internet) or when we're away. If you still want to do this then you can do it safely directly from Kodi though it takes around 40+mins. The newer T8 has an expansion bay and you could save directly to that if you stuck an HDD in it.

Not trying to put you down this route but merely showing the difference. I also use Real-Debrid which gives you access to premium sources for your content. You don't necessarily need it however because it's dedicated servers with no restrictions of you were to download it takes around 3 mins compared 40+.

For me there's nothing that comes close to Kodi for content. Sky might be more user friendly but def not content.

Superb relies guys. much appreciated. My wife likes to just click a button and watch her shows, i'll need to train her up on how to use this properly. Cheers

luckyBatistuta

Superb relies guys. much appreciated. My wife likes to just click a button and watch her shows, i'll need to train her up on how to use this properly. Cheers

My wife is exactly the same mate and she loves Kodi, she is not quite so enamoured with Sportsmania :lol:

My wife is exactly the same mate and she loves Kodi, she is not quite so enamoured with Sportsmania :lol:

LOL, i've just installed kodi on my new pc to have a play around, managed to install uktv again, and it works!! i'm going to install a few other add ons to get a feel for it but so far looking good for a switch from sky and into the 21st century. plus wall to wall nfl from september, my wife will kill me!!!

luckyBatistuta

LOL, i've just installed kodi on my new pc to have a play around, managed to install uktv again, and it works!! i'm going to install a few other add ons to get a feel for it but so far looking good for a switch from sky and into the 21st century. plus wall to wall nfl from september, my wife will kill me!!!

Wall to wall NFL

post-25326-0-45134900-1470502846_thumb.jpeg post-25326-0-65875500-1470502855_thumb.jpeg

Was thinking about subscribing to Sportsmania, is it any good??is there alot of buffering like the other addons for live sport??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alma Matters

I have got a firestick for my dad and subscribed to sports nation but it doesn't give me an option to log in. Can anyone shed any light please?

Edited by Alma Matters

chester copperpot

Was thinking about subscribing to Sportsmania, is it any good??is there alot of buffering like the other addons for live sport??

No buffering whatsoever.

Much much better than I expected.

Have already watched the Grand prix last Sunday (only subscribed on sat last week) the Celtic game on Celtic tv, the Rangers game yest and the Liverpool match yesterday and all have worked perfectly.

Got my money back already.

No buffering whatsoever.

Much much better than I expected.

Have already watched the Grand prix last Sunday (only subscribed on sat last week) the Celtic game on Celtic tv, the Rangers game yest and the Liverpool match yesterday and all have worked perfectly.

Got my money back already.

Do i just go on the website,register etc, get the addon on kodi and then log in in there???

chester copperpot

Do i just go on the website,register etc, get the addon on kodi and then log in in there???

Yeah. I set up the payment from my mobile phone then added it on kodi and used my log in and password that I set up at the payment stage.

Its really easy mate.

Henry. Henry.

Sportsmania.eu to subscribe. You can also watch from the website and their android/IOS apps as well as kodi

Yeah. I set up the payment from my mobile phone then added it on kodi and used my log in and password that I set up at the payment stage.

Its really easy mate.

Cheers!!just signed up for 6months, looking good so far

chester copperpot

Cheers!!just signed up for 6months, looking good so far

I sometimes find the hd stuff to be quite erratic however the sd stuff has been brilliant.

I have fibre optic so no slow connection or that.

I sometimes find the hd stuff to be quite erratic however the sd stuff has been brilliant.

Having a few framerate issues, nothing drastic though

chester copperpot

Having a few framerate issues, nothing drastic though

The streams are honestly 100 times better than the free ones mate.

I was a big lover of mobdro but mania pisses all over them.

Unknown user

I'd test your connection mate, for streaming HD the line quality's as important as the speed, and just because the last miles fibre optic, doesn't mean the rest of the network's good.

I say this because I don't have any problems with hd streams, and because I used to troubleshoot connections.

Go to pingtest.net and do the test (don't use Chrome) then phone your ISP if its anything less than perfect and demand perfection :thumbsup:

chester copperpot

I'd test your connection mate, for streaming HD the line quality's as important as the speed, and just because the last miles fibre optic, doesn't mean the rest of the network's good.

I say this because I don't have any problems with hd streams, and because I used to troubleshoot connections.

Go to pingtest.net and do the test (don't use Chrome) then phone your ISP if its anything less than perfect and demand perfection :thumbsup:

I did this mate and got 52mbps.

Virgin said it was 50 so am actually getting more than I paid for and should be ample amounts for this.

Any ideas why its so poor then?

Rudolf's Mate

I did this mate and got 52mbps.

Virgin said it was 50 so am actually getting more than I paid for and should be ample amounts for this.

Any ideas why its so poor then?

I know people on less than that and have no issues with HD bud. I never have issues with mine either.

Is your box wired? If not, if possible try it wired and see if that solves it.