Kodi again

Unknown user

Yeah wondered the same. Sometimes you have to request the games...

Unless there's been no interest in their matches and he's not kept a subscription going.

Possibly they didn't start the stream until after kick off right enough. I watch Hibs games now and then if there is nothing else on. Occasionally its a bit of fun, like last night. They were winning 1-0 and cruising when I tuned in.17 minutes later they were 3-1 down.....................lol

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

I've only just heard about Kodi but thinking about getting a box.  Looking at this, it seems people are having some problems recently.  Is it still worth it?  I genuinely know next to nothing about it although I've started reading reviews and so on.

I've only just heard about Kodi but thinking about getting a box.  Looking at this, it seems people are having some problems recently.  Is it still worth it?  I genuinely know next to nothing about it although I've started reading reviews and so on.

100% WORTH IT MATE.

100% WORTH IT MATE.

Cheers.  I have heard good things.  Is there a certain box that's the best to get or are they pretty much all the same and it depends on your broadband?

jack D and coke

Cheers. I have heard good things. Is there a certain box that's the best to get or are they pretty much all the same and it depends on your broadband?

For about ?80 you can get either the AFTV or T8-4 boxes. I have both and both great boxes however you have to install kodi on the AFTV yourself plus the addons and lately the kodi icon has disappeared from the main menu making it a slight faff launching the software. It's not a big issue tbh and it's about as good a box as you'll get for the money.

The T8 comes with kodi installed but again you will have to manually install a wizard or some addons manually but plenty help on hand here and it's really not difficult to do.

Any other questions fire away[emoji1360]

Cheers for the advice folks.  I had seen a couple of boxes on Amazon with good ratings and I'm not that technically minded so I liked the reviews that said they were easy to set up.  I'll have a think on what box to get but definitely seems the way to go.

Cheers for the advice folks.  I had seen a couple of boxes on Amazon with good ratings and I'm not that technically minded so I liked the reviews that said they were easy to set up.  I'll have a think on what box to get but definitely seems the way to go.

To me the 3 add-ons you simply can't do without and no other ones really matter are Exodus, UK Turk TV and Sportsmania.

Edited by i8hibsh

Rudolf's Mate

Loads of people have had cheaper boxes which haven't caused them issues however if you really aren't that technically minded then you really want something that is the least hassle possible. I personally think only 2 boxes fall into that with them being the T8 and Amazon Fire TV. I'd personally say the AFTV of the two however that's only because I've got 2 of them and they run faultlessly. 

Is the Hearts game on Sports mania tonight? Hearts TV?

I was hoping so but seemingly not.  I will try it all the same however.  

I was hoping so but seemingly not. I will try it all the same however.

So we can have the game streamed from Malta but not Perth

:facepalm:

SportsnationHD paid for. Was working all good on my stick(wookie lite).

Now its coming up with playback failed box?!!

Any idea what's up? Is it just because it's a stick so not wired?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

SportsnationHD paid for. Was working all good on my stick(wookie lite).

Now its coming up with playback failed box?!!

Any idea what's up? Is it just because it's a stick so not wired?

No idea, but I get the same. No channels working.

Fortunately I've got bt anyway.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Are you using a stick or a box?

Amazon box. Updated SN and turned off router, purged packages, etc.

Edit: SN was playing up last night, but came on in time for the football. I haven't tried it again for, though.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Amazon box. Updated SN and turned off router, purged packages, etc.

Edit: SN was playing up last night, but came on in time for the football. I haven't tried it again for, though.

Interesting that it's not just the stick having problems.

I'm waiting to get onto the FB page. I'll see if I can get some joy on that.

Cheers

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Interesting that it's not just the stick having problems.

I'm waiting to get onto the FB page. I'll see if I can get some joy on that.

Cheers

Top notch. I'm not on Facebook or that, so couldn't contact them.

Hopefully motherwell score soon. :(

The majority of films I'm looking at have got Chinese subtitles (embedded) on them.

Does anyone know of a site which has foreign subtitle free films, or it just pot luck?

Better call Saul

Someone had a polite pop at me as i said i was still downloading torrents throught the pc

they refered to it as  "how quiant "

as they used Kodi or similar is there something i am missing with this as I cant see how downlaoding through the kodi box thing can have many advantages compared to the usual way of downloading  .

The majority of films I'm looking at have got Chinese subtitles (embedded) on them.

Does anyone know of a site which has foreign subtitle free films, or it just pot luck?

The eastern subtitles tend to be on movies that haven't been released in the West yet on bluray. Edited by tweegy

Fraggle Rock

Someone had a polite pop at me as i said i was still downloading torrents throught the pc

they refered to it as  "how quiant "

as they used Kodi or similar is there something i am missing with this as I cant see how downlaoding through the kodi box thing can have many advantages compared to the usual way of downloading  .

With Kodi you are only streaming whatever it is you are watching and not actually downoading,  it is more like a BBC iplayer  streaming on demand type thingy.

If you use Real Debrid to stream what you watch on Kodi then you can download from the Real Debrid account what ever you like from kodi, Realdebrid costs roughly ?13 for 6 month and is totally worth it imho.

Edited by EH17

Better call Saul

With Kodi you are only streaming whatever it is you are watching and not actually downoading, it is more like a BBC iplayer streaming on demand type thingy.

If you use Real Debrid to stream what you watch on Kodi then you can download from the Real Debrid account what ever you like from kodi, Realdebrid costs roughly ?13 for 6 month and is totally worth it imho.

any limit on storage ?

Fraggle Rock

any limit on storage ?

As in storage on a android kodi box or kodi on a pc ? .... no need to download to kodi as it is all on demand.

Having a Realdebrid account will allow you to download anything apart from live tv from kodi on to a phone , a pc or tablet like device so you can watch it offline any time you like , and no limit on what you download. Having Realdebrid also gives you more stable and better quality links to movies and tv shows that are on kodi.

Hope ive not made a pigs ear of explaining it to you, if so just say and one of the others on here who use it will explain it better than me...

mrmarkus1981

I've got Pi running kodi with a 2tb plugged in. I can download and save to that, SALTS and EXODUS both have download options, you just need to set up the paths

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Rudolf's Mate

So we can have the game streamed from Malta but not Perth

:facepalm:

Obviously we show our home games however games away from home we're dependant on other providers cameras. SJ don't have the same setup as us therefore I'd guess it's the BBC or Sky's cameras. There may also be something preventing us from broadcasting away from home/cup games such as another provider having the rights to the comp.

I have an amazon stick and Kodi, is it worth getting this SportsnationHD, I was thinking about a 3 month stint and see how it goes. Do you get most of the English 3pm games?

Rudolf's Mate

I have an amazon stick and Kodi, is it worth getting this SportsnationHD, I was thinking about a 3 month stint and see how it goes. Do you get most of the English 3pm games?

I would highly recommend it however the sticks aren't the greatest for dealing with live TV. You might get lucky however just be aware that if you get buffering it's the stick and not the service itself.

On the plus side you can access it via web browser as well and it works brilliantly with laptop/PC & tablets etc. For ?26 for 6 months it's a no brainer and you'll be blown away with a lot of the streams.

I would highly recommend it however the sticks aren't the greatest for dealing with live TV. You might get lucky however just be aware that if you get buffering it's the stick and not the service itself.

On the plus side you can access it via web browser as well and it works brilliantly with laptop/PC & tablets etc. For ?26 for 6 months it's a no brainer and you'll be blown away with a lot of the streams.

ah ok.... what would you recommend instead of the stick... bit of a newbie to all this.

I can watch on the ipad then as well. I am going to give it a go.

Rudolf's Mate

ah ok.... what would you recommend instead of the stick... bit of a newbie to all this.

I can watch on the ipad then as well. I am going to give it a go.

For the iPad go onto the app store and grab Matrix TV. Jack mentioned it earlier in this thread. You use it with your SportsnationHD login and access the streams directly.

d2696267371923609e04e3883153dd4f.png

I personally would say the Amazon Fire TV as I have 2 of them. If not that then the T8 is what I would go for however it would take something monumental to get me to budge from the AFTV box.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Ok got it ordered an loaded onto the stick. I saw on the natch thread that Aberdeen v hearts is on it this weekend? That right?

Rudolf's Mate

Ok got it ordered an loaded onto the stick. I saw on the natch thread that Aberdeen v hearts is on it this weekend? That right?

Pretty sure Aberdeen have a similar setup to Hearts with them screening all home matches to fans outside of the UK. If that's the case then you can go into club teams and Aberdeen are in there and it should be on.

Pretty sure Aberdeen have a similar setup to Hearts with them screening all home matches to fans outside of the UK. If that's the case then you can go into club teams and Aberdeen are in there and it should be on.

SM have the game listed on their schedules for Saturday.

Rudolf's Mate

SM have the game listed on their schedules for Saturday.

:thumbsup: I probably should have added that regardless of whether it's listed or not, the fact they've got sheep tv means it'll be on.

What service / system does Benson's use? Looks good. Think it's just their TV's or set up that makes the picture snowy, but it has Hearts, Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen TV?

Worth paying for? Considering the ?26 6 month option if it's good quality and reliability. Watching Triple 9 right now via Showbox and a Chromecast and it's 100% spot on. Just wish live sports on my Amazon Fire box were as good.

Worth paying for? Considering the ?26 6 month option if it's good quality and reliability. Watching Triple 9 right now via Showbox and a Chromecast and it's 100% spot on. Just wish live sports on my Amazon Fire box were as good.

I took a weeks sub's just to check it out. So far so good. I love cricket and the streams are far better than the free ones.

I'll be going for 3 months at a time after my week is up.

Ooooft Triple 9 was brutal imo.

The quality of SportsMania and normal streams is night and day.  Best ?26 I ever spent.  The way I see it I would not hesitate spending ?26 on a few rounds of beers in the pub.

Started off well, but getting a bit pish now...

I take it you register and pay online then enter your login details when you open the add on? Website isn't great for instructions

Started off well, but getting a bit pish now...

I take it you register and pay online then enter your login details when you open the add on? Website isn't great for instructions

The picture quality?

Nah the movie !

I'm tempted to sign up to SM for the 6 month deal, just doesn't look a great website and doesn't give you great guide on what to do.

Nah the movie !

I'm tempted to sign up to SM for the 6 month deal, just doesn't look a great website and doesn't give you great guide on what to do.

It is ?26. It is about 14 pence per day.  Nothing to think about dude - go for it.  

http://sportsmania.eu/sites/view.php?pg=home

"Subscribe"

Even tells you how to install it in Kodi.

It is ?26. It is about 14 pence per day.  Nothing to think about dude - go for it.  

http://sportsmania.eu/sites/view.php?pg=home

"Subscribe"

Even tells you how to install it in Kodi.

I agree, got it done really easily onto kodi and I am not someone I would describe as technical.

Looking like the game is on SN tomorrow, few beers in the house and the hearts game on TV would be worth the 6 month fee alone IMO