Kodi again

Unknown user

Escobar PHM

Looking for a good Dunkirk or Baby Driver stream as well if any of you can recommend anything (I'm using Real Debrid).

There's a few Dunkirk 'Cams' about but the ones I looked at briefly are dreadful quality. I tend not to watch 'Cams' these days. Just wait 6 weeks and a good copy will come out. From what Ive heard its one of those movies best viewed on IMax so you might have to bite the bullet so to speak and go pay to watch it at a cinema. Edited by Escobar PHM

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

Disser Pointon

I'm on an older version of Kodi (cant remember which one!) and don't use a build. I haven't however had any issues with Exodus, Elysium or Sportsmania is it still worth updating to the latest version, I don't want to fix what aint broken!?????

Unknown user

I'm on an older version of Kodi (cant remember which one!) and don't use a build. I haven't however had any issues with Exodus, Elysium or Sportsmania is it still worth updating to the latest version, I don't want to fix what aint broken!?????

I'm with you, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

That's why I'm still using a raspberry pi and 1channel

Edited by ManMoth

Rudolf's Mate

Couldn't agree more re not changing anything if it works.

I've got 2 AFTV's and I'll occasionally try things on the bedroom box. Tried a few things on Sunday which went tits up! The downstairs box is backed up so when things go wrong on the other one I just wipe Kodi and drop the backup into the Kodi file which takes 2 mins.

Would recommend anyone happy with their current setup does a backup as it saves a lot of time and effort.

Tommy Brown

I've got 2 AFTV's and I'll occasionally try things on the bedroom box.  :oohmatron: 

I go on holiday on Friday. would like to download a couple of films for the flight.

I have a Real Debrid account, is that the best way to go about? any tips welcome.

Rudolf's Mate

I've got 2 AFTV's and I'll occasionally try things on the bedroom box. :oohmatron:

I go on holiday on Friday. would like to download a couple of films for the flight.

I have a Real Debrid account, is that the best way to go about? any tips welcome.

Login to the RD website and under your username click on my account. Further down the page is account settings. Personally I'd click on secured. Further down the page is download history. This lists the last x amount of content you've viewed. Find the content you want and click on download.

Just remember you need to view something in Kodi (RD source) for it to show on he website.

Just a tip. If you're watching it on something such as a tablet and the content has been out for a while then try some RD sources that aren't HD. We do content for the kids going trips and non HD stuff that's been around a while, more often than not it's hard to tell the difference between HD and non. New content is a different matter and non HD can be pretty bad.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Disser Pointon

Couldn't agree more re not changing anything if it works.

I've got 2 AFTV's and I'll occasionally try things on the bedroom box. Tried a few things on Sunday which went tits up! The downstairs box is backed up so when things go wrong on the other one I just wipe Kodi and drop the backup into the Kodi file which takes 2 mins.

Would recommend anyone happy with their current setup does a backup as it saves a lot of time and effort.

How do you do that then, I've got the fire TV box?

Edited by Bleedsmaroon

Rudolf's Mate

How do you do that then, I've got the fire TV box?

There's a few ways you can do it however one is with ES File Explorer or similar and a USB stick.

Make sure you've got show hidden files on and then go into internal storage, android, data, org.xbmc.kodi, files & highlight and hold down on the .kodi file and select copy. Navigate to your USB stick and select paste and that's it. Now all you need do is drop that copied file into the same area and replace the one there and restart Kodi and it'll have all your current setup.

Copying takes anything from 10-15 mins but once done pasting takes less than 2 mins.

There's loads of other ways this can be done however when family have issues I just stick the USB in and load it up within 2 mins and it's sorted.

I'm running Kodi 16.1 on a MXQ Droidbox (Justop). Anyone know how I upgrade to Kodi 17.3 on this box?

Is the payment back up and running yet? Considering going elsewhere of this isn't sorted soon

Is the payment back up and running yet? Considering going elsewhere of this isn't sorted soon

Said it would be fixed this Thursday or Friday

Unknown user

They've announced it'll be back up tomorrow

New to all this but managed to install bigsams build and got the on demand stuff working. Think it's covenant and Elysium it uses.

Is there anyway to get another add on for live sport onto this build? Not looking at sports mania etc as I don't want to pay just now as I've still got sky on the cheap but fancied watching the Celtic and Aberdeen games that are on premier sport.

Thank god I'll get mania back the morn. My eyes are bleeding watching these stream on Mobdro and UkTvNow

Rudolf's Mate

Email from TVADDONS saying they've got a new domain along with other info. They've also got the begging bowl out asking for donations to defend their upcoming lawsuit.

Bit wary of using them tbh.

HeartOfWestLothian

Considering buying an Amazon firestick and getting Kodi installed on it at the recommendation of someone I work with.

What sort of broadband speed is necessary to get good quality streams? I can only get a maximum of 17Mbs through my sky broadband package at the moment?

Does anyone know of any alternatives to sportsmania that have scottish club team channels?

I installed the sportsdevil add-on. It's free and not as good a quality as sportsmania, but it's the only source I have found thus far.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Considering buying an Amazon firestick and getting Kodi installed on it at the recommendation of someone I work with.

What sort of broadband speed is necessary to get good quality streams? I can only get a maximum of 17Mbs through my sky broadband package at the moment?

That should be sufficient enough. Might struggle for 1080p but 720 and sportmania will work fine.

Escobar PHM

Ive got 3mb max on BT Broadband (non fibre) and just watched the Celtic game on UM with no buffering. 17mb will be fine. Most of the time it will be fine for HD transmissions too.

Escobar PHM

I installed the sportsdevil add-on. It's free and not as good a quality as sportsmania, but it's the only source I have found thus far.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It won't have the Scottish club channels though. Those have a different level of security and UM cant overcome it. I doubt any other 'provider' will be able to either.

If your looking for Hearts TV, subscribe and log in from a VPN.

It won't have the Scottish club channels though. Those have a different level of security and UM cant overcome it. I doubt any other 'provider' will be able to either.

If your looking for Hearts TV, subscribe and log in from a VPN.

Someone else said I could still do this, so I guess I'll do that! I used to have hearts TV but I thought they had managed to block my VPN.

Sent from my U20 Plus using Tapatalk

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

I set a stick up at my mum's. She has a pretty basic talk talk package, used to be Tesco, and everything works fine. I use sportsnation there, generally without problems. My mum streams movies, etc in HD, again without problems.

She's the only one using the broadband, though.

HeartOfWestLothian

Just another question, what are the best apps for installing on Kodi? And I take it there's websites or YouTube videos showing you how to download said apps?

Is there any free ones that get you access to watching sports or do you have to subscribe to sportsmania/sportsnation?

I know this has probably been asked and answered in the past.

Just another question, what are the best apps for installing on Kodi? And I take it there's websites or YouTube videos showing you how to download said apps?

Is there any free ones that get you access to watching sports or do you have to subscribe to sportsmania/sportsnation?

I know this has probably been asked and answered in the past.

No apps are needed. The link below gives a tutorial how to add Covenent to your kodi. If you have the link to other repos then its virtually the same process.

As for Sports, you do get free apps but they tend to be low quality streams that buffer. You wont go wrong with SportsMania

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-the-covenant-kodi-krypton/

HeartOfWestLothian

No apps are needed. The link below gives a tutorial how to add Covenent to your kodi. If you have the link to other repos then its virtually the same process.

As for Sports, you do get free apps but they tend to be low quality streams that buffer. You wont go wrong with SportsMania

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-the-covenant-kodi-krypton/

Perfect, thank you

Unknown user

Sound, let us know how it is, I'm getting a bit fed up with UM television streams being unreliable at the minute

UM television streams are by far the best for quality and reliability in my experience, I very very rarely have any issues at all. If you get a lot of problems I'd put money on the issue being more local to you, either with hardware settings, your connection, or even the local junction box.

People tend to think "but I get 50mb speed" but that's only part of the story. As an example, a poor quality line can result in the packets arriving higgledy-piggledy instead of a steady stream (this is what Jitter measures), which affects playback despite apparently high download speeds.

The thing I always go back to is that if there actually was a problem at UM's end, everyone would experience it, and as a member of their support group on Facebook, I can tell you that's not the case

Edited by ManMoth

Unknown user

Ultimate mania alternative got a free trial

http://pwiptv.com

I couldn't help laughing at this

"? Copyright Premium World IPTV 2017, All Rights Reserved"

:laugh: we better respect their copyright guys!

Edited by ManMoth

crunchy frog

UM television streams are by far the best for quality and reliability in my experience, I very very rarely have any issues at all. If you get a lot of problems I'd put money on the issue being more local to you, either with hardware settings, your connection, or even the local junction box.

People tend to think "but I get 50mb speed" but that's only part of the story. As an example, a poor quality line can result in the packets arriving higgledy-piggledy instead of a steady stream (this is what Jitter measures), which affects playback despite apparently high download speeds.

The thing I always go back to is that if there actually was a problem at UM's end, everyone would experience it, and as a member of their support group on Facebook, I can tell you that's not the case

Cheers for the tip. I've got 36mbps fibre but the savage beast is always on her kindle at the same time!

Is there any particular box settings I should be looking at in your experience?

Unknown user

Cheers for the tip. I've got 36mbps fibre but the savage beast is always on her kindle at the same time!

Is there any particular box settings I should be looking at in your experience?

I'd test the line first - I used to use pingtest.net but looks like they're away now - this one looks OK though

http://freeola.com/line-test/

It tells you what to expect from your results, so you can go to your isp if anything's reported there.

What problems do you generally experience? Do you run the UM addon using Kodi on an android box?

Edited by ManMoth

crunchy frog

I'd test the line first - I used to use pingtest.net but looks like they're away now - this one looks OK though

http://freeola.com/line-test/

It tells you what to expect from your results, so you can go to your isp if anything's reported there.

What problems do you generally experience? Do you run the UM addon using Kodi on an android box?

Tried the line test but it said error occurred due to packet loss. Guess I should have a look at my router settings.

I've got a t8-4 box with ebmc install so I know there's plenty on board memory but UM doesn't like the HD streams I get lots of buffering after 5 minutes or so and more often than not the audio is out of sync.

It happens even on some of the SD streams too but not so often. Im quite happy to watch in SD but some of the channels I like aren't available with that. That's why I thought the new service mentioned above might be quite good.

Unknown user

Tried the line test but it said error occurred due to packet loss. Guess I should have a look at my router settings.

I've got a t8-4 box with ebmc install so I know there's plenty on board memory but UM doesn't like the HD streams I get lots of buffering after 5 minutes or so and more often than not the audio is out of sync.

It happens even on some of the SD streams too but not so often. Im quite happy to watch in SD but some of the channels I like aren't available with that. That's why I thought the new service mentioned above might be quite good.

If I had packet loss I'd be straight onto the phone to my Internet provider - that's pretty much proof that your connection isn't what it should be. No matter what they say about speed, you pay for a working connection, and yours appears flawed.

crunchy frog

If I had packet loss I'd be straight onto the phone to my Internet provider - that's pretty much proof that your connection isn't what it should be. No matter what they say about speed, you pay for a working connection, and yours appears flawed.

Via a Google it seems to be a recurring talktalk problem.I'll give them a shout cheers

Wouldnt worry. The payment system has been gubbed for a while

I'm loving it already but if it's only going to give me a 7 day option all the time then I'll only have it the week.