Kodi again

Unknown user

Unknown user

Dunno why everyone is in a rush to quit Mania. They've given you free TV and a guide last few weeks.

Quite like the fact I can watch any sport, like the Open, through Matrix when I'm doing "paperwork" It was absolutely flawless during these 4 days.

No rush but my sub is nearly up and I hate the pissed attitude I'm their support page.

I have no brand loyalty, that only suits the brand.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

Still trying to get my head round this. Got bigsams build and it's working fine but not paid fir anything yet.

Do most people use builds (and if so which ones?) or just install the various addons themselves?

Space Mackerel

No rush but my sub is nearly up and I hate the pissed attitude I'm their support page.

I have no brand loyalty, that only suits the brand.

It's IPTV and it isn't Sky or BT.

Personally, I've had a ton of support of Rudolfs Mate on here early days and once you know what you're doing there is no need to go greeting to them.

Space Mackerel

Sticking with SM personally. Never trust these new start ups, will let you all take one for the team before I make my move haha.

The panic sets in as the stoners and housebound can't face the modern world without 24/7 meaningless tittle tattle sport and mock courtrooms. [emoji23]

The invoice for my ?2 from Ace was addressed Darlington I think it was. My personal experience is that it isn't as good as Mania so hopefully they get their payment stuff up and running again soon

Space Mackerel

Here's what I think.

I wouldn't give out my credit card and cvc to anyone unless its traceable or accountable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

luckyBatistuta

Still trying to get my head round this. Got bigsams build and it's working fine but not paid fir anything yet.

Do most people use builds (and if so which ones?) or just install the various addons themselves?

Is it the SM bigsams build. When I first started with Kodi, I had build after build, I was bloody obsessed with trying one after another...dont know why :lol:

The best build I've ever had is bigsams though :thumb:

Personally, I've had a ton of support of Rudolfs Mate on here early days and once you know what you're doing there is no need to go greeting to them.

Exactly the same for me bud. Edited by luckyBatistuta

Unknown user

It's IPTV and it isn't Sky or BT.

I'm not with you, I don't get what you're trying to say. I know what I'm doing, I started this thread, but I also like to know when there are issues, outages, news etc so I'm a member of their FB group. Their customer service is shite and there's a baying mob waiting to pounce on any newbie questions. Ace's FB page is markedly friendlier

Space Mackerel

I'm not with you, I don't get what you're trying to say. I know what I'm doing, I started this thread, but I also like to know when there are issues, outages, news etc so I'm a member of their FB group. Their customer service is shite and there's a baying mob waiting to pounce on any newbie questions. Ace's FB page is markedly friendlier

Mania is working. They've given out the code so you can keep watching their content. I'm struggling to see what is so hard to understand unless you want them to come round and type it in themselves?

They're on Twitter,Facebook and do mailshots, plus quite a few on here keep you up to date, what else do you expect? Smacks of laziness on users behalf.

Unknown user

Mania is working. They've given out the code so you can keep watching their content. I'm struggling to see what is so hard to understand unless you want them to come round and type it in themselves?

They're on Twitter,Facebook and do mailshots, plus quite a few on here keep you up to date, what else do you expect? Smacks of laziness on users behalf.

I know manias working, I have an active sub. I don't need their help, I'm just saying I don't like the pissy attitude on their support page and it's enough to make me look elsewhere - well, that and the alarm bells that are set off by several weeks of being unable to take payments.

Literally no idea why you're having a go at me about it, I haven't even mentioned codes

Another option for IPTV is Smash IPTV. I used them before Mania, only moved as mania had hearts TV. ?30 for 6 months or ?45 for full year for full package not just sports. Can pay using card or PayPal, I found them just as good as any others.

Is it the SM bigsams build. When I first started with Kodi, I had build after build, I was bloody obsessed with trying one after another...dont know why :lol:

The best build I've ever had is bigsams though.

No not the SM build. Just the Easy Tiger classic build on a tablet for the time being. Trying to suss it out before sky ends later in the year so not ready to pay for any subs just yet.

I'll stick with bigsams just now then. Works perfectly for everything I've watched so far and seems pretty easy to navigate.

luckyBatistuta

No not the SM build. Just the Easy Tiger classic build on a tablet for the time being. Trying to suss it out before sky ends later in the year so not ready to pay for any subs just yet.

I'll stick with bigsams just now then. Works perfectly for everything I've watched so far and seems pretty easy to navigate.

It's pretty much an identical build to the classic. The SM is set up well in it though and is easy to navigate through too. He just recently updated the build and the colours are a bit garish, but you get used to them :hae36:

Space Mackerel

It's pretty much an identical build to the classic. The SM is set up well in it though and is easy to navigate through too. He just recently updated the build and the colours are a bit garish, but you get used to them :hae36:

Go into settings and change the skin to Estuary or however the **** its spelt  :2thumbsup:

Space Mackerel

I know manias working, I have an active sub. I don't need their help, I'm just saying I don't like the pissy attitude on their support page and it's enough to make me look elsewhere - well, that and the alarm bells that are set off by several weeks of being unable to take payments.

Literally no idea why you're having a go at me about it, I haven't even mentioned codes

Aye, but you get about 100 people a day asking the same daft questions.

Its obvious what has happened to their payments, no one wants to touch them with a barge pole. 

Just going to install Bigsams  - I was using other builds for ages - Lets see how it goes! 

In case anyone else is interested 

Edited by Bigsmak

Unknown user

Its obvious what has happened to their payments, no one wants to touch them with a barge pole.

That's what happens when you have a customer orientated business with well over a million and a half a year turnover, that's why I don't do customer service any more.

As for it being obvious, I had a brief chat with Willow who told me they'll be sticking with Stripe but wouldn't give anything else away.

Still none the wiser why you were getting humpty with me, and you never took the opportunity I've given you to make peace, so feel free to ride yourself :thumbsup:

That's customer service for you. If your running a business then you must have a form if customer service without people being rude and arrogant. Not everyone will have access to knowledge such as this board or be a tech savvy as everyone on the Facebook page. Sometimes people need to be walked through it.

Ace seems a friendlier community, less well known as well so less likely to encounter problems.

luckyBatistuta

Go into settings and change the skin to Estuary or however the **** its spelt  :2thumbsup:

Cheers bud, I'll give it a look. As bright as it bloody is though, it's kinda grown on me.

Space Mackerel

Cheers bud, I'll give it a look. As bright as it bloody is though, it's kinda grown on me.

You must be semi colour blind then? You must have mown down hundreds at sets of lights by now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Disser Pointon

If I'm updating to the latest version of kodi do I have to delete my current set up or will it overwrite?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

If I'm updating to the latest version of kodi do I have to delete my current set up or will it overwrite?

You need to delete the old one.

deesidejambo

You must be semi colour blind then? You must have mown down hundreds at sets of lights by now?

I'm new to Mania so the warmup code doesn't work.

Also I'm waiting to get accepted on their FB page but I think it only happens once I take a sub. So its Catch 22.

If they make any announcements on FB that will help can you post them on here?

Ta.

Disser Pointon

one more question. If I install Sam's build does that install the latest version of kodi as well or do I need to do both? What ad 2 ons come with it?

Space Mackerel

I'm new to Mania so the warmup code doesn't work.

Also I'm waiting to get accepted on their FB page but I think it only happens once I take a sub. So its Catch 22.

If they make any announcements on FB that will help can you post them on here?

Ta.

No worries pal. As soon as the payments go live I'm sure it will posted up by someone.

You might want to try that ACE tv for a month seeing as the footy season has started.

Remember, although some people like to kid themselves on they're getting a service on par with Sky or BT, it does have wee niggles that are easily overcome if you know what you're doing.

I've kept my BT Sports up, think I pay ?10 or ?15 pcm as I have their broadband.

1. I like their Scottish Football coverage

2. Moto GP

3. Murdoch doesn't own them.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

one more question. If I install Sam's build does that install the latest version of kodi as well or do I need to do both? What ad 2 ons come with it?

I don't use any builds, just have about 6 or 7 addons.

Space Mackerel

You need to install Kodi v17.3 first.

It has 5 addons in it.

Sportsmania (3 choices) Covenant, Elyseium, UK Turks and Bob which is a pile of shite.

Edit, and the SM TV guide.

Edited by Space Mackerel

Disser Pointon

Cheers guys, I don't normally like builds either but thought it might be a quick fix. Are Exodus and salts both fecked now then, didn't have covenant before either is it decent?

Disser Pointon

Covenant works for me with my RD account.

I've also stuck on Teranium TV too for a back up.

Cheers I've got RD as well so ill install that.

luckyBatistuta

You must be semi colour blind then?

So that's why I couldn't beat AlJo :sad:

luckyBatistuta

You need to install Kodi v17.3 first.

It has 5 addons in it.

Sportsmania (3 choices) Covenant, Elyseium, UK Turks and Bob which is a pile of shite.

Edit, and the SM TV guide.

I'm interested in this Elyseium, is it a new one :wink:

luckyBatistuta

It's not been working the last 2 days.

My Elysium is working perfect bud, was just wanting SM to tell me more about this new Elyseium :wink:

Just bought a fire TV box take it it's pretty much the same as setting it up as the stick ?

Just the same bud :thumb:

My Elysium is working perfect bud, was just wanting SM to tell me more about this new Elyseium :wink:

Just the same bud :thumb:

Thanks

Disser Pointon

Ok, so got updated to 17.3 and installed Covenant and Elysium through the Ares wizard. Are there any other add on's worth having these days, I don't bother with Mania since they stopped getting Hearts TV?

Cheers

mrmarkus1981

My mania runs out today so the code doesn't work, hopefully it will work tomorrow or i'll be trying out this Ace thingiemabob!

Imagine signing up and letting it expire one day before the football starts, who would do such a thing!!!!!!

Unknown user

My mania runs out today so the code doesn't work, hopefully it will work tomorrow or i'll be trying out this Ace thingiemabob!

Imagine signing up and letting it expire one day before the football starts, who would do such a thing!!!!!!

I think it takes the end of the day update for all of systems to register that you've expired - you'll be able to do it tomorrow :thumbsup:

Disser Pointon

Ok, so got updated to 17.3 and installed Covenant and Elysium through the Ares wizard. Are there any other add on's worth having these days, I don't bother with Mania since they stopped getting Hearts TV?

Cheers

Anyone?!

Unknown user

Anyone?!

My old favourite for on demand is 1channel, it's been going for years and I've been using it for years, about five I think.

deesidejambo

Yeah and so much better.

Damn I just bought the stick.

Whats better about the box?   I may put the stick back on Ebay and get the box instead.  What are its advantages?