Kodi again

Unknown user

Finally bit the bullet, kind of.

Installed Kodi on my laptop. Hooked my laptop up to my TV via a HDMI. Hooked a bluetooth keyboard up to my laptop. Installed Sportsnation and bought a weeks pass to see what the script was.

WOW. Can't actually believe the quality and content available(had council tv for the last 4 years.).

Few things now, what's best for TV/movies/boxsets etc. Is there anything to download to give myself some kind of planner/interface etc to give me the ability to use it like normal tv? Or be able to pause live, record stuff etc etc?

Also, does anyone know how to get the sound to work over the HDMI? Only pic so far and the sound is coming from my laptop but might just hook my laptop up to my sound system if I can't figure it out.

I know these Q's will no doubt have been asked and answered before but I guess it will be good to have an up to date basics post.

Cheers again.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

Unknown user

All sorted now. Just need a decent sports site. Sports angel not great.

Why don't you fork out for Mania mate?

Seriously, it's worth it big time

Seconded - it really doesn't cost much for what it is

Unknown user

Finally bit the bullet, kind of.

Installed Kodi on my laptop. Hooked my laptop up to my TV via a HDMI. Hooked a bluetooth keyboard up to my laptop. Installed Sportsnation and bought a weeks pass to see what the script was.

WOW. Can't actually believe the quality and content available(had council tv for the last 4 years.).

Few things now, what's best for TV/movies/boxsets etc. Is there anything to download to give myself some kind of planner/interface etc to give me the ability to use it like normal tv? Or be able to pause live, record stuff etc etc?

Also, does anyone know how to get the sound to work over the HDMI? Only pic so far and the sound is coming from my laptop but might just hook my laptop up to my sound system if I can't figure it out.

I know these Q's will no doubt have been asked and answered before but I guess it will be good to have an up to date basics post.

Cheers again.

Re the sound, you'll need to find the setting on your laptop to send sound down hdmi instead of playing it locally.

For on demand stuff there are a lot of options which someone in the UK can probably recommend what's best.

For a TV guide, I pay for on-tapp. It's brilliant, but there are free ones too.

Pausing and rewinding live streams just isn't an option yet as far as I know

neal-jambos

Re the sound, you'll need to find the setting on your laptop to send sound down hdmi instead of playing it locally.

For on demand stuff there are a lot of options which someone in the UK can probably recommend what's best.

For on demand stuff I still use exodus and that covers all the tv and films I can ever think of watching.

I also Installed real debrid which is a paid add on but just means the first link I click on always works and never had any issues with buffering on fairly poor broadband. I set it up for my parents without real debrid and they don't seem to be having any issues so it most likely isn't needed.

This can be found in the tvaddons repo which is really easy to find on google or YouTube.

For on demand stuff I still use exodus and that covers all the tv and films I can ever think of watching.

I also Installed real debrid which is a paid add on but just means the first link I click on always works and never had any issues with buffering on fairly poor broadband. I set it up for my parents without real debrid and they don't seem to be having any issues so it most likely isn't needed.

This can be found in the tvaddons repo which is really easy to find on google or YouTube.

Cheers, much appreciated lads

Rudolf's Mate

Bit of a weird one. Two AFTV's one wired one over wifi. The wired one has started skipping all Real-Debrid sources for TV content but not film. The box over wifi is perfect [emoji53]

Not had a chance to look into it properly yet but wondering if anyone else has had this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Unknown user

Cheers, much appreciated lads

One day someone will ask a Kodi question you can answer, then you'll be a man my son ;)

neal-jambos

Bit of a weird one. Two AFTV's one wired one over wifi. The wired one has started skipping all Real-Debrid sources for TV content but not film. The box over wifi is perfect [emoji53]

Not had a chance to look into it properly yet but wondering if anyone else has had this?

I had to reconfigure my real debrid this morning so might be that? Made me confirm my email before I logged in to confirm the device.

Rudolf's Mate

I had to reconfigure my real debrid this morning so might be that? Made me confirm my email before I logged in to confirm the device.

I re-authorised both boxes. Will have a proper look when I get home later.

Space Mackerel

Can you have 1 RD account linked to multiple devices? I thought it was just the one?

Rudolf's Mate

Can you have 1 RD account linked to multiple devices? I thought it was just the one?

I've got it linked to multiple including the kids tablets. Only 1 can watch it at any time. Unless they've changed it however I doubt it. This has happened a few times to other people.

Edit: it's because it's older content [emoji51]

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

A Sportsmania question for the experts out there! Every link I try it says "error loading media: file could not be played" doing my head in! Any suggestions? Cheers :)

Space Mackerel

A Sportsmania question for the experts out there! Every link I try it says "error loading media: file could not be played" doing my head in! Any suggestions? Cheers :)

New servers.

The repo is sportsmania.rocks now

New servers.

The repo is sportsmania.rocks now

Cheers for the help, but I think its because the WiFi I'm on is blocking it (am away for weekend) so have my fingers very crossed it works when back home.

Cheers :)

Space Mackerel

Cheers for the help, but I think its because the WiFi I'm on is blocking it (am away for weekend) so have my fingers very crossed it works when back home.

Can't think why wifi would block it though?

luckyBatistuta

Can't think why wifi would block it though?

Sounds like his ISP shield is blocking some of the content,

BT Smart Hub

EE Content Lock/Orange Safeguard

Sky Shield

Virgin Websafe

TalkTalk Homesafe

Plusnet Safeguard

Needs to go in and disable it

Space Mackerel

BT Smart Hub

Sky Shield

Virgin Websafe

TalkTalk Homesafe

Plusnet Safeguard

Check out the Ed Snowden of JKB :lol:

luckyBatistuta

Check out the Ed Snowden of JKB :lol:

Smart erse, but at least you know. Anyway, that's seems to be a good laptop you've got, the image quality from the camera is fantastic...you are gonna go blind tho :wink:

Noticed in passing that our mutual friend has put his house up for sale. You know where he's off to now?

Space Mackerel

Smart erse, but at least you know. Anyway, that's seems to be a good laptop you've got, the image quality from the camera is fantastic...you are gonna go blind tho :wink:

Noticed in passing that our mutual friend has put his house up for sale. You know where he's off to now?

News to me, I'll do a bit of digging and get back to you [emoji12]

I'm already blind btw.

luckyBatistuta

News to me, I'll do a bit of digging and get back to you [emoji12]

I'm already blind btw.

:thumbsup:

Btw, you couldn't put a lamp on could you, it's a bit dull :hae36:

BT Smart Hub

Sky Shield

Virgin Websafe

TalkTalk Homesafe

Plusnet Safeguard

Yup this seems most likely. But as it's not my house I'm in I ain't gonna bugger about with it! I'm home later today so very much hoping normal service will be resumed :) if not I'llbe back in tears probably lol

Thank feck for Mobdro in the meantime! :)

Cheers both for help.

luckyBatistuta

Yup this seems most likely. But as it's not my house I'm in I ain't gonna bugger about with it! I'm home later today so very much hoping normal service will be resumed :) if not I'llbe back in tears probably lol

Thank feck for Mobdro in the meantime! :)

Cheers both for help.

It'll only take a few seconds, go on, they'll never know.

Cyprus Jambo

Guys,

I now sportsnation is the way to go but try telling the Mrs this!!!! So after trying Sports Devil last night it took ages to get a decent pic without it breaking up etc is there any other FREE football kodi sites I should check out before I go round the block again and explain the saving of using sportnation? Cheers

Guys,I now sportsnation is the way to go but try telling the Mrs this!!!! So after trying Sports Devil last night it took ages to get a decent pic without it breaking up etc is there any other FREE football kodi sites I should check out before I go round the block again and explain the saving of using sportnation? Cheers

Go for Sportsnation mate. It's not expensive!

Cyprus Jambo

Go for Sportsnation mate. It's not expensive!

I know that..............just the Mrs has it in her head about all the legality about it etc. I'll probably sign up for a trial to prove it is better but with the issues I'm getting finding stuff just now she thinks - look, it's rubbish!!!!

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

I know that..............just the Mrs has it in her head about all the legality about it etc. I'll probably sign up for a trial to prove it is better but with the issues I'm getting finding stuff just now she thinks - look, it's rubbish!!!!

Mobdro is better than the free kodi addons. SN is the best, though.

Guys, I now sportsnation is the way to go but try telling the Mrs this!!!! So after trying Sports Devil last night it took ages to get a decent pic without it breaking up etc is there any other FREE football kodi sites I should check out before I go round the block again and explain the saving of using sportnation? Cheers

Zem tv is good on occasions. Usually get a decent sd stream for popular games and sometimes get good HD streams for the less popular.

Unknown user

You're in Cyprus right? I justified mine by going for Ultimatemania, complete with UK TV channels. I linked it to On Tapp tv guide and she thinks it's amazing, she can finally get reliable UK channels including sky abroad

BT Smart Hub

Sky Shield

Virgin Websafe

TalkTalk Homesafe

Plusnet Safeguard

I'm having trouble installing Sportsnation. When I add the source I get a message saying it can't connect to the service. I'm with BT, so do I have to change something on the hub?

Unknown user

I'm having trouble installing Sportsnation. When I add the source I get a message saying it can't connect to the service. I'm with BT, so do I have to change something on the hub?

I'd put money on its a spelling mistake, double check the source address

luckyBatistuta

That doesn't sound like your Smart Setup to me, as that just normally only blocks some content.

To turn it off...

click on advanced settings,

enter the admin password,

click on continue to advanced settings,

click on Home Network and then Smart Setup,

click the appropriate button to turn the Smart Setup on or off,

click apply.

luckyBatistuta

That was my first thought too

That doesn't sound like your Smart Setup to me, as that just normally only blocks some content.

To turn it off...

click on advanced settings,

enter the admin password,

click on continue to advanced settings,

click on Home Network and then Smart Setup,

click the appropriate button to turn the Smart Setup on or off,

click apply.

I'll not be home until tomorrow so I'll give it a try then.

I did have a spelling mistake at one point, but I fixed that. :)

Thanks guys.

Edited by Lemongrab

Loving Sportsnation. Great HD picture for the West Ham game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Loving Sportsnation. Great HD picture for the West Ham game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put the goals rush on, it's West Ham, but you get all the incidents from the other games as they happen. It's braw.

Put the goals rush on, it's West Ham, but you get all the incidents from the other games as they happen. It's braw.

I considered that but I like to watch MOTD later so didnt. The commentary was decent too

I noticed the other day that hearts tv, along with a few other club team channels, are no longer on sports mania rocks. Anyone know the script? Also does anyone know where you can complain or ask about this kind of stuff to sports mania?

Sent from my U20 Plus using Tapatalk

I noticed the other day that hearts tv, along with a few other club team channels, are no longer on sports mania rocks. Anyone know the script? Also does anyone know where you can complain or ask about this kind of stuff to sports mania?

it is due to the same company running the clubs tv things having found a way to block SM showing them. 

luckyBatistuta

What are you going to complain about if you don't mind me asking?

What are you going to complain about if you don't mind me asking?

Good question. By illegally showing it, they are costing clubs, including Hearts, money, so not sure if there is a case to investigate.

Anyway, with regards to Kodi, I was reading that there may be a crackdown on the boxes by the police.

Good question. By illegally showing it, they are costing clubs, including Hearts, money, so not sure if there is a case to investigate.

Anyway, with regards to Kodi, I was reading that there may be a crackdown on the boxes by the police.

Crackdown on people selling illegal boxes. Not on people using them.

Fair enough if you dont want to have anything to do with kodi but I use it and I'm asking on a kodi thread where some of the channels have gone. Yes its illegal but when I say complain I mean I'm wanting to ask people who run sports mania where those channels have gone as its what I pay them for. I used to buy hearts TV directly until they blocked hola etc. Yes they'd make more money from me going to games but can't at the moment. So in theory they've lost my tenner from that a month.

Fair enough if you dont want to have anything to do with kodi but I use it and I'm asking on a kodi thread where some of the channels have gone. Yes its illegal but when I say complain I mean I'm wanting to ask people who run sports mania where those channels have gone as its what I pay them for. I used to buy hearts TV directly until they blocked hola etc. Yes they'd make more money from me going to games but can't at the moment. So in theory they've lost my tenner from that a month.

Fair enough. At least you used Hearts TV when you could, so were not depriving Hearts of money. Edited by Paolo

luckyBatistuta

By illegally showing it, they are costing clubs, including Hearts, money.

Yes its illegal but when I say complain I mean I'm wanting to ask people who run sports mania where those channels have gone as its what I pay them for.

I've already said on here before that it's costing our club money. You say you want to complain that you can't get to watch the very channel that your decrying Sportsmania for showing, because it's costing our club money?

If you read back through the thread bud, Willow has already explained what has happened to those channels. They weren't even on there to begin with anyway.

Crackdown on people selling illegal boxes. Not on people using them.

Exactly, they don't have the man power to go round trying to catch individuals who are just watching a bit of football/movie/tv show. They're only interested in going after the people making money from it.

jack D and coke

I've already said on here before that it's costing our club money. You say you want to complain that you can't get to watch the very channel that your decrying Sportsmania for showing, because it's costing our club money?

If you read back through the thread bud, Willow has already explained what has happened to those channels. They weren't even on there to begin with anyway.

Exactly, they don't have the man power to go round trying to catch individuals who are just watching a bit of football/movie/tv show. They're only interested in going after the people making money from it.

They do it to scare people off getting a box too. It's surprising how many people will be deterred getting a box by stories like that.

I'm sorry mate but having read through some pages before I now realise you actually use sports mania etc? I was under the impression you were anti streams. Not sure how you can have a go at me for questioning where hearts TV is if you in fact use such streams? Was only wondering where they'd gone and if its been answered before somewhere in this thread I can only apologise I've not been reading through the thread at the same pace as yourself.

neal-jambos

I'm sorry mate but having read through some pages before I now realise you actually use sports mania etc? I was under the impression you were anti streams. Not sure how you can have a go at me for questioning where hearts TV is if you in fact use such streams? Was only wondering where they'd gone and if its been answered before somewhere in this thread I can only apologise I've not been reading through the thread at the same pace as yourself.

Sportsmania have a members only Facebook page which is good for giving updates like when they are closing renewals before ppv events.

A couple of months ago he posted saying hearts, hibs, Celtic and Aberdeen tv had changed security settings so whenever he started streaming from it then he was getting his account banned.

As it was costing too much money to create new accounts every 5 mins he decided that he would use the last couple of months of the season to test things out so he can hopefully get them back up and running for next season. He seems to be more focused on getting Celtic tv up for games when they aren't on sky just now and said he hopes to have the rest working again by next season, but obviously can't guarantee anything.