• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

Looking at giving this a go on an Amazon fire stick. Worth it?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'd probably go for a bespoke android box, like the t8 from droidsticks, but yes, if you have a bit if techie knowledge and patience and you don't mind 'grey practices' it's well worth it. Just be aware that not every 'add on' will work all the time and be prepared for a bit of trial and error at set up. You won't always get high quality picture and sound either, so if those things don't rip your knitting, it's a no brainer and not much to lose if it's not for you.

We've using these things for over a year and we are now confident enough to be binning virgin premium TV products when we are next out of contract as we have 2 working reliable set up android boxes. That will save us in the region of ?70- 80 a month.

Edited by CollyWolly

Installed Istream and tried to watch sky sports 1... It loaded for 30 seconds then gave me a message saying something about a torrent... Any ideas?

jack D and coke

An example of what I was saying earlier about iStream being temperamental. Watched a couple of episodes of a show earlier, turned over to the darts and then went back on and searched for something and nothing but script errors or returning no links even the same stuff I was watching earlier.

Rudolf's Mate

Installed Istream and tried to watch sky sports 1... It loaded for 30 seconds then gave me a message saying something about a torrent... Any ideas?

I tried it again after reading a few comments on here. About an hour ago tried 3 films I wanted to watch and all decent sources. Sat down to watch 1 and now can't pull any of the sources!

Went over to the Xunity forum for a fix and read that the dev's left a lot of people in the lurch. Something to do with marketing boxes and left a lot of people out of pocket. It's had an effect on the forum with people having lost confidence in Xunity and the other devs backing off.

The dev for iStreams also been heavily criticised as he's implemented adverts into the addon.

luckyBatistuta

Anybody tried the Black Glass Nova skin???...A few of my mates are wanting me to load Kodi on the firesticks they've bought and I quite like the look of this skin. I'm going to put it on one of my own tomorrow first to try it out???

I've tried loads but invariably just go back to bog standard Kofi with the 4-5 addons I need

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Same

Looking at giving this a go on an Amazon fire stick. Worth it?

We got a T8 box for a one off payment of ?80 now get all the movies and sport for nothing.

Cancelled our sport and movies with virgin media basic package now but a fast broadband option and have saved a fortune over the last year.

All the tv channels you could ever want too.

It does play up sometimes, but there are forums and help to sort out the blips every now and again.  http://www.xbmckodiaddons.com/

So glad we done it.

You can also put Kodi onto your PC/laptop and stream it onto your TV using an HDMI cable.

Install this new build.

Lightweight, fast and amazing.http://tbbuild.co.uk/repo/

Stuart McNeil what device you using

Cracking build,I use it on my T8 and my fire stick and can't see me ever not using this. Important thing with any build though is to use the maintenance tabs. Also if using a box get "Bionic TCP" app on it. Once it's installed go into it and hit OK once then exit,do this daily and it doubles your internet speed,really handy if you've got slow speeds,good idea to reset your router once a week too.

Genisis still not working on my firestick on the TV, but working perfectly on my laptop, first stream I click on works whereas on the firestick it won't even bring up any streams - just says none available (both using Kodi 15.1). Why would it work on one device but not the other?

What other add ons are the same as genisis. 1channel doesn't work for me though.

I've got 2 mx pro android boxes and to be honest there's never been a problem with watching normal TV and the footy. All I have is a broadband contract. I've had them for 4 months now and paid for themselves over and over again. Do I still require my TV licence I wonder??

I've got 2 mx pro android boxes and to be honest there's never been a problem with watching normal TV and the footy. All I have is a broadband contract. I've had them for 4 months now and paid for themselves over and over again. Do I still require my TV licence I wonder??

If your watching live tv from the bbc the yes.

Genisis still not working on my firestick on the TV, but working perfectly on my laptop, first stream I click on works whereas on the firestick it won't even bring up any streams - just says none available (both using Kodi 15.1). Why would it work on one device but not the other?

What other add ons are the same as genisis. 1channel doesn't work for me though.

I have Showbox on my firestick which I use if Genesis is playing up. SALTS and Phoenix is decent too. If I was you I'd update Kodi on the stick to 15.2 and put the Black Box build on it,they have a Facebook page for hints and tips too,I tweaked my Genesis a bit and seems to be fine.

Genesis is strange these days

I use the TBBUILD on my Laptop and fire stick. It works flawless on the laptop and shite on the firestick.

For example yesterday i pulled tons of sources including HD links for making a murderer on my laptop yet on my firestick it finds one link which doesnt even work.

Makes absoloutly no sense.

Not that it matter much as SALTS worked perfect..

Edited by AlimOzturk

luckyBatistuta

What's the best version of kodi? I'm on 14.2 don't know to update to latest version

I'm running 14.2 with confluence extra (T8s), 15.1 with confluence (firestick and AFTV),15.1 with wookie build (AFTV) and all work fine including Genesis.

jack D and coke

What's the best version of kodi? I'm on 14.2 don't know to update to latest version

14.2 is regularly said to be the most stable version. I upgraded to 15.0 and it was pretty buggy and went back to 14.2 but I haven't used 15.2 so maybe they've ironed out the problems I don't know. I've still seen people say stick with 14.2 for the moment.

It doesn't make an awful lot of difference tbh if it's working well then happy days.

You can upgrade the software in a few different ways, what box do you have?

Another +1 for a realdebrid account.

I'm using my login on Genesis and watched 3 episodes of Making a Murderer (Full HD) without a hint of buffering.

Installed SCHISM TV build last night.

A really good looking build, looks a lot more professional than some of the other ones using the Aeon Nox skin. This one uses the Arctic Zephyr build.

Have a look on youtube for a preview.

14.2 is regularly said to be the most stable version. I upgraded to 15.0 and it was pretty buggy and went back to 14.2 but I haven't used 15.2 so maybe they've ironed out the problems I don't know. I've still seen people say stick with 14.2 for the moment.

It doesn't make an awful lot of difference tbh if it's working well then happy days.

You can upgrade the software in a few different ways, what box do you have?

Amazon fire box i did have 15.0 on it but as you said it was buggy so went back to 14.2.

Also sportsmania seems to work better on 14.2 for me

Another +1 for a realdebrid account.

I'm using my login on Genesis and watched 3 episodes of Making a Murderer (Full HD) without a hint of buffering.

Same here. real debrid is well worth the money

jack D and coke

Amazon fire box i did have 15.0 on it but as you said it was buggy so went back to 14.2.

Also sportsmania seems to work better on 14.2 for me

Ah right. Well I updated my fire box to 15.2 as I was doing a Wookie update and they said they built it using 15.2 so I thought I'd give it a go. I didn't use it much last night but it certainly didn't seem to have the same bugs as 15, as yet anyway. I'll let you know in a few days how it goes[emoji106]

Ah right. Well I updated my fire box to 15.2 as I was doing a Wookie update and they said they built it using 15.2 so I thought I'd give it a go. I didn't use it much last night but it certainly didn't seem to have the same bugs as 15, as yet anyway. I'll let you know in a few days how it goes[emoji106]

That's great mate cheers

What bugs, I've never really seen any as such. Any issues I've had seem to be related to the add on, not the program. 

jack D and coke

What bugs, I've never really seen any as such. Any issues I've had seem to be related to the add on, not the program.

Just things that never occurred when I was running 14.2 it freezing up and stuff and icons missing etc.

Not happening on 15.2 yet but early days.

Rudolf's Mate

The biggie was Kodi freezing or kicking you out. I would sometimes have this seconds after starting it up. Admittedly I haven't tried it on my box for a long time.

I've got it on my stick which my daughter uses. I didn't even realise I had it on there so there's definitely no issues with it freezing/crashing. That said, I'm running confluence with my video, program & music addon shortcuts which keep vanishing. Not sure why but I've now given up setting them up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carl Fredrickson

I am very much a novice with all things IT. 

Had a firestick for a while and in the last week or so added Kodi to it with thanks to a Youtube video. 

I have added Phoenix, Genesis and one or two others. Tonight I tried to add UK Turk TV to watch the football but no links were working. 

Bit the bullet and joined Sportmania. My word it was instant and the stream is quality

I have watched the TV documentary The Jinx on Phoenix and also checked out the quality of some of the movies on Genesis and Phoenix. I think Phoenix looks the better and more of their links seem to be working. 

Thanks to the techy folk on this thread who by reading their posts have encouraged me to have a bash. 

A wee question Re Sportsmania - do they have Saturday 3pm kick off games too?

Cheers

Rudolf's Mate

for those wanting, everything in the one place with builds like "the beast" install areswizard,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHQcdn86l00

I tried several builds the other day just to see if any had improved etc. Tried ares and opted for the lite version seeing as it was on my Fire Stick. FFS the amount of background picture changes and stuff going on with it. Also when you install it installs over 7k separate items. I appreciate a lot of its small in size but **** me the amount of stuff just for the weather was ridiculous. I wouldn't recommend it on a Fire Stick.

Of the ones I tried the one Alim mentioned a few pages back (TB?) was really good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

I4ATV is going paid now. They are doing a lite version which will be free of charge which will have 200 channels the paid version will have 860. The paid version is going to cost a fiver a month.

Henry. Henry.

Had a firestick for a while and in the last week or so added Kodi to it with thanks to a Youtube video.

I have added Phoenix, Genesis and one or two others. Tonight I tried to add UK Turk TV to watch the football but no links were working.

Bit the bullet and joined Sportmania. My word it was instant and the stream is quality

I have watched the TV documentary The Jinx on Phoenix and also checked out the quality of some of the movies on Genesis and Phoenix. I think Phoenix looks the better and more of their links seem to be working.

Thanks to the techy folk on this thread who by reading their posts have encouraged me to have a bash.

Cheers

Yip, they do the 3pm kick offs. Join the group The Official Sports Mania Group on Facebook if you have it. Very helpful. There is also a subscribers only group which you will now be eligible to join.

Carl Fredrickson

Yip, they do the 3pm kick offs. Join the group The Official Sports Mania Group on Facebook if you have it. Very helpful. There is also a subscribers only group which you will now be eligible to join.

Cheers! 

Unknown user

If you do your homework there are a fair few providers out there. A friend recently got a deal where he paid 80 USD for a lifetime (realistically, as long as the project runs) subscription to 1000+ worldwide channels, including the ones everyone here wants

It's not perfect, I helped him set them up and glitches seem pretty frequent. There's more often than not at least one channel not working, but for something that he never has to pay for again it's pretty impressive (although I can't imagine he'll regularly watch more than 20 of the channels!)

We got a T8 box for a one off payment of ?80 now get all the movies and sport for nothing.

Cancelled our sport and movies with virgin media basic package now but a fast broadband option and have saved a fortune over the last year.

All the tv channels you could ever want too.

It does play up sometimes, but there are forums and help to sort out the blips every now and again. http://www.xbmckodiaddons.com/

So glad we done it.

You can also put Kodi onto your PC/laptop and stream it onto your TV using an HDMI cable.

Have been following this thread with interest.

I'm not really very technically minded (but have the patience to persevere!)

Is it as simple as buying the T8 box, plugging in and you're ready to go or do you need to install other bits and bob's.

Also, still don't have super fast broadband in my area - is this likely to cause issues?

jack D and coke

That's great mate cheers

Just to let you know mate 15.2 has none of the issues I was experiencing in 15.

The bugs seemed to have been ironed out, good to upgrade[emoji106]

Is it as simple as buying the T8 box, plugging in and you're ready to go or do you need to install other bits and bob's.

Also, still don't have super fast broadband in my area - is this likely to cause issues?

Your better getting a firestick/box and doing it yourself. Your likely going to want to up update one of those plug and play boxes anyways.

The fire sticks are 35 and would probably take u half an hour to set up via a youtube tutorial. There are tons of them to watch.

As for broadband i think i read if have faster than 2gb you will be fine. I have fiber optic mind

Rudolf's Mate

Pretty much yes. Ok you'll need to know some basics but these are really easy to pick up.

If you've got a laptop (as mentioned) you could give it a bash putting it on there. I honestly think it's beneficial understanding how addons and repos work. Once you've grasped that it's pretty easy tbh. It's also the easiest device to install on and takes mins.

I've seen speeds of 4gbps mentioned however also seen 6-7. I think this would probably be safest assumption. I was running it perfectly on 4.5 years ago but stream quality has improved and I'm not sure if that would work as well now.

jack D and coke

Yeah pretty much. You could for instance just install the Wookie wizard for easiness until you've had it a bit and then experiment with the different builds etc. T8 is a cracking box too.

Don't need super fast broadband although it helps but as long as your getting semi decent speeds over 10mbps then you'll be fine for pretty much anything as long as as other people aren't all using the Internet at the same time. That buggers your streams.

If you get one just fire on here for advice too[emoji106]

luckyBatistuta

I installed the confluence extra skin on my T8s a couple of days ago and all was working great, really like the skin. Last night though, it would nod load Kodi, just get a black screen. I have had this once before and sorted it by freeing up some memory space and everything was fine again. This time I have uninstalled quite a few apps that were no use and deleted the films that were saved, but it just won't boot up???

jack D and coke

I installed the confluence extra skin on my T8s a couple of days ago and all was working great, really like the skin. Last night though, it would nod load Kodi, just get a black screen. I have had this once before and sorted it by freeing up some memory space and everything was fine again. This time I have uninstalled quite a few apps that were no use and deleted the films that were saved, but it just won't boot up???

I've had that once or twice with my T8. Normally into settings>more settings>apps>kodi and then clear cache and then switch off and back on again tends to sort it.

luckyBatistuta

I've had that once or twice with my T8. Normally into settings>more settings>apps>kodi and then clear cache and then switch off and back on again tends to sort it.

I'm at work at the moment, so can't do anything. I did that last night and nothing changed, so I just turned it off at the wall completely, hoping that when I turn it on tonight, it will boot up.

Just to let you know mate 15.2 has none of the issues I was experiencing in 15.

The bugs seemed to have been ironed out, good to upgrade[emoji106]

Thanks mate will upgrade over the wkend

Cheers

Aye - The games are all listed under the Premier League Pass (PLP) section

Hi, I recently got a droid box.  I am finding it amazing for films and can stream them easily through Kodi ,but does anyone know how I get the footie on streams? is there an easier place within Kodi?