Kodi again

Unknown user

Box is slightly faster and smoother for me. On top of that you can have a wired connection with the box. If you're unable to hard wire due to your router being too far away then there's little between them tbh.

Cheers for that,my router is right beside my tv so can hard wire it which I know is best

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

Rudolf's Mate

Cheers for that,my router is right beside my tv so can hard wire it which I know is best

The sticks brilliant but when it comes to streaming you want to cut out any possible issues. If you can have it wired it's a no brainer.

jack D and coke

What's better to get the Amazon Fire tv stick or box?

The sticks are ok but the box is miles better and if you don't mind the extra 40 notes then get the box, it's a no brainer. The speed it works in comparison makes a big difference plus the new one is also 4K.

The new AFTV box is up there with the best streaming boxes available.

Edit I also don't have it hard wired and it works perfectly. I have the older AFTV too and this new one also has improved wi-fi. They're excellent boxes.

Edited by jack D and coke

I can't get many links to work on all add ons. I've been told internet provider's are blocking kodi. Anyone else having any problems?

If you've got sky as your broadband provider turn off the secure-shield or the equivalent. This caused no end of problems with the boxes I set up at a friends house.

Rudolf's Mate

I can't get many links to work on all add ons. I've been told internet provider's are blocking kodi. Anyone else having any problems?

As has been said. Shield with Sky, Smart Setup of BT needs to be disabled otherwise it blocks the content. Not sure what's on Virgin but you need to log into router admin and disable.

Yeah I'm with virgin media have the shield turned off. It just seems to be rockcrusher links not working for me now.

Has anyone got a VPN to work on a Amazon fire box?

Ye had it a few days back,im on virgin media, signed into my virgin media and turned off my safe guard, (no idea why it was on)and it worked a treat

Been impressed with the quality of the streams for the football today. Was having bother with Kodi 15.1 so uninstall and reinstalled 14.2 and so far it's much better

Rudolf's Mate

Anyone having problems with sportsmania mine has been buffering all day.

Watched City game earlier on PLP and it buffered momentarily twice. If it's really bad carry out the maintenance and last ditch is remove the addon and re-install.

Watched City game earlier on PLP and it buffered momentarily twice. If it's really bad carry out the maintenance and last ditch is remove the addon and re-install.

Cheers mate every game I watch on plp it constantly buffer's. I've cleared cache and purge packages. So think I will remove it and re install it.

Rudolf's Mate

Cheers mate every game I watch on plp it constantly buffer's. I've cleared cache and purge packages. So think I will remove it and re install it.

It's been a while since I've had to do that however I was getting it every so often and only re-installing would sort it. No idea why.

Best place tk stream the fury wlad fight?

Big events are tough, they're streams that suddenly get huge amounts of people jumping on them. You often end up with a stuttery video with a picture that gets updated 4 or 5 times per round 

In my experience, you can't know until the event's started if it'll be reliable for things like this unless you're willing to pay for something like sportsmania

Edited by Smithee

jack D and coke

Big events are tough, they're streams that suddenly get huge amounts of people jumping on them. You often end up with a stuttery video with a picture that gets updated 4 or 5 times per round

In my experience, you can't know until the event's started if it'll be reliable for things like this unless you're willing to pay for something like sportsmania

Sportsmania crashed in round two. The idiot rebooted the servers after the 2nd round and thousands of people lost the streams. Couldn't get on again until the fight was over. Ended up watching it on ukturk.

Sportsmania crashed in round two. The idiot rebooted the servers after the 2nd round and thousands of people lost the streams. Couldn't get on again until the fight was over. Ended up watching it on ukturk.

Ooft, there'll be a fallout from that!

Rubbish fight anyway by the way

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

It's funny how the free streamers always seem to be the most reliable ones when a bug event is on.

Yes - mine was perfect. Watched it on vipleague on sportsdevil, same with Man City & Man U games - both on PLP on Phoenix.

wentworth jambo

Hope someone can help - using iVue programme guide with IPTV Stalker on an Amazon Fire box - all loaded and installed OK and can see the programme guide but whatever I select it comes up with "IPTV Stalker Authorisation Failed" - any ideas ? Same error if I try to into

movies or anything else

jack D and coke

Hope someone can help - using iVue programme guide with IPTV Stalker on an Amazon Fire box - all loaded and installed OK and can see the programme guide but whatever I select it comes up with "IPTV Stalker Authorisation Failed" - any ideas ? Same error if I try to into

movies or anything else

Have you subscribed to IPTV stalker? It went subs based a month or so back.

Okay I managed to download kodi onto firestick using Es file explorer, after exiting kodi then going back later nothing showing on recent on  fire tv home page. Do you have to access kodi through es explorer every time

Rudolf's Mate

Okay I managed to download kodi onto firestick using Es file explorer, after exiting kodi then going back later nothing showing on recent on fire tv home page. Do you have to access kodi through es explorer every time

You'll have to access Kodi the way mrmarkus has mentioned every time or you can install Fire Starter and it will give you a bespoke main screen.

You can grab it from the link below. Just enter this into ES File the same way you did for Kodi.

https://github.com/sphinx02/FireStarter

You'll have to access Kodi the way mrmarkus has mentioned every time or you can install Fire Starter and it will give you a bespoke main screen.

You can grab it from the link below. Just enter this into ES File the same way you did for Kodi.

https://github.com/sphinx02/FireStarter

Hi , tried this but when I press download apk nothing happens, any idea`s.

Cheers

Rudolf's Mate

Hi , tried this but when I press download apk nothing happens, any idea`s.

Cheers

On the page you want to go passed features and below that it states 'Install latest Firestarter'. Click on that and it takes you to another page which you can see 'FireStarter-v3.2.1.apk' It's a frickin nightmare getting your curser to highlight onto it as it jumps passed all the time. You need to try pressing left and right and up and down until it goes onto it. Once done just click away to install however I've just set another stick up myself just now so I know it works.

If you have trouble with the above then this should be the full URL for the download. It should be a case of just entering it all into ES File and then clicking on it.

It has https:// at the start but it wasn't showing the full URL so I removed it. Just make sure you put the prefix as stated before github.

github.com/sphinx02/FireStarter/releases/download/v3.2.1/FireStarter-v3.2.1.apk

The full address should you be able to click on it:

https://github.com/sphinx02/FireStarter/releases/download/v3.2.1/FireStarter-v3.2.1.apk

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Does the mutts nuts add on still work for anyone? Used to be good, but I just get a script error and it won't play. Been like that for a week or 2

jack D and coke

Does the mutts nuts add on still work for anyone? Used to be good, but I just get a script error and it won't play. Been like that for a week or 2

I haven't tried mine for a week or so but I believe it's went tits up. I'll try it later though.

Same for me.

I haven't tried mine for a week or so but I believe it's went tits up. I'll try it later though.

Think it's goosed. I found it good for good streams of the older films. I've got genisis and pheonix but they're a bit hit or miss for me. Any good film add ons to replace Mutt's?

On the page you want to go passed features and below that it states 'Install latest Firestarter'. Click on that and it takes you to another page which you can see 'FireStarter-v3.2.1.apk' It's a frickin nightmare getting your curser to highlight onto it as it jumps passed all the time. You need to try pressing left and right and up and down until it goes onto it. Once done just click away to install however I've just set another stick up myself just now so I know it works.

If you have trouble with the above then this should be the full URL for the download. It should be a case of just entering it all into ES File and then clicking on it.

It has https:// at the start but it wasn't showing the full URL so I removed it. Just make sure you put the prefix as stated before github.

github.com/sphinx02/FireStarter/releases/download/v3.2.1/FireStarter-v3.2.1.apk

The full address should you be able to click on it:

https://github.com/sphinx02/FireStarter/releases/download/v3.2.1/FireStarter-v3.2.1.apk

Ok cracked it, cheers for help.

Is it possible to add sportsmania to the beast build.

Picked up a fire stick to see how it compared to the cheap box I had and the stick is great. Enjoying playing about with different add ons to see what's worth having and what isn't. Genesis still working great for me for the things I've been watching, GoT, walking dead etc. Think I've got my brothers Christmas present sorted!

Captain Price

So, Amazon Fire box or a droidbox? Or a firestick? Or a chromecast?

I'm only in my 20's and even I'm baffled by all of this. :(

So, Amazon Fire box or a droidbox? Or a firestick? Or a chromecast?

I'm only in my 20's and even I'm baffled by all of this. :(

I'm very new to it all but picking it up fast. Depends what you're really after but I don't think you can go wrong with a fire stick to start off with, it's easy to install kodi and same for the add ons. Quality is very good for the stuff I've been watching.

Rudolf's Mate

If there's anyone having major issues with Genesis and also fed up having to search other places then you can try out URL resolvers such as RealDebrid. RealDebrid in particular let you trial it from 6am - 11am every day so you can see yourself if it makes a difference. Everything I've tried out for TV was 1080p and also 5.1 surround sound and I have to admit it was perfect quality. For films there were a few which were 1080p available which weren't available without using RealDebrid.

As of Jan this year I would never paid for anything on Kodi. Feb I paid for Droidsticks setup on the back of various feedback and tbh I wasn't disappointed. Or at least I wasn't until it went belly up. I now also pay for Sports Mania and it's shown me that I'm open to at least giving other options a try.

XBMC/Kodi is incredible and if you're willing to spend time you can get everything for free. Going back 11 months this goes against all my principles re XBMC/Kodi. I was against paying for anything on XBMC because with a little time you could find everything you needed. The issue I have now is that when I want to watch something I can't be arsed searching for links which won't buffer or are decent quality. Despite this 95% of my viewing is nearly perfect however I'm actually considering paying for RealDebrid.

You can trial it by signing up here https://real-debrid.com/ and entering your details into Genesis tools, accounts once done. It costs ?16 for 6 months which is ?1.88 per month/11.28 for 6 months.

I've just bought a real debird account. But I can't get genesis to play any of the real debird links. It just seems to scan all the links then I get a no stream available message. Anyone had this problem?

Rudolf's Mate

I've just bought a real debird account. But I can't get genesis to play any of the real debird links. It just seems to scan all the links then I get a no stream available message. Anyone had this problem?

When you said you bought it how did you pay for it? I read up on it a fair bit and a few people had issues and it seemed to be something to do with payment linking with your account.

Rudolf's Mate

I paid with my bank details think it was through epayment? I tried a link on salt's add on and that one worked fine.

Where here did you put your account details into within Kodi?

Rudolf's Mate

Anyone getting this issue, it can be resolved by going into Genesis, tools and deleting sources and cache.