Kodi again

Unknown user

Rudolf's Mate

Still the same

Only thing I can suggest re Genesis is to go over to the RealDebrid forum and ask there. Think I recall someone else with the same issue but I didn't look into it as it hadn't happened to me.

Try SALTS. The RealDebrid sources show in green with REA at the end. Just make sure to go into settings within the addon and make sure your details are added to both standard resolver and premium.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

Only thing I can suggest re Genesis is to go over to the RealDebrid forum and ask there. Think I recall someone else with the same issue but I didn't look into it as it hadn't happened to me.

Try SALTS. The RealDebrid sources show in green with REA at the end. Just make sure to go into settings within the addon and make sure your details are added to both standard resolver and premium.

Where do I add my details? Just tried a few on salts and all were broken links

Rudolf's Mate

Where do I add my details? Just tried a few on salts and all were broken links

Within SALTS addon there's a settings option. Within there check URL Resolver is ticked. Also when you click into any content it'll list some at the top. Scroll up and it'll take you to the bottom of the list. I've found there are more there for RealDebrid and they work. The default ones at the top hardly ever work for me.

Try going into Films and trending and selecting The Martian. Scroll up and select a 1080p green source.

If you can't get any of those to work then there must be an issue with your account.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Within SALTS addon there's a settings option. Within there check URL Resolver is ticked. Also when you click into any content it'll list some at the top. Scroll up and it'll take you to the bottom of the list. I've found there are more there for RealDebrid and they work. The default ones at the top hardly ever work for me.

Try going into Films and trending and selecting The Martian. Scroll up and select a 1080p green source.

If you can't get any of those to work then there must be an issue with your account.

Could you possibly take a pic of the settings? Can't seem to find where the URL resolver option is under Salts settings.

I take it the ones at the bottom will be newer, therefore should work better?

Rudolf's Mate

Scrap that. Found it

Cool. They might be done already but you just need to make sure.

No idea about the order of the sources tbh.

Rudolf's Mate

OK first one I tried was The Martian, scrolled to the bottom and picked the first green link and I still got the error

There's alluc.com 1080p rapidgator sources. 3 of them together. One of them definitely works.

Rudolf's Mate

OK first one I tried was The Martian, scrolled to the bottom and picked the first green link and I still got the error

Just realised. At the start when we were looking for the URL Resolver. Once you did the wizard did you go to that and tick the box?

Just realised. At the start when we were looking for the URL Resolver. Once you did the wizard did you go to that and tick the box?

Correct. Working now, just gotta pick similar bids. Shame older series ain't included. My Mrs dad is wanting to watch heartland season 6 onwards

Rudolf's Mate

Correct. Working now, just gotta pick similar bids. Shame older series ain't included. My Mrs dad is wanting to watch heartland season 6 onwards

Cool. Aye it's a pain older stuff is pulled.

all tv series/episodes etc are on imtv if you've got a browser on your tv, just google it. create an account, email,user name, password. pick your series pick episode it wont play if you dont have flash player but just scroll up the viewing panel and read the line below it, click on the link for html5 press play hit full screen and your off. this also works on computers, tablets and mobile phones. all seasons of heartland are there i just checked

Guys, I'm having issues with Genisis. Everytime I try to watch something it says no streams available. I uninstalled and then reinstalled - no change. Then I uninstalled the repository and reinstalled the fusion repository and still no change. What else can I do?

We are running on fibre at 40mbps download and 10mbps upload.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Guys, I'm having issues with Genisis. Everytime I try to watch something it says no streams available. I uninstalled and then reinstalled - no change. Then I uninstalled the repository and reinstalled the fusion repository and still no change. What else can I do?

I think it's knackered. I used project free TV and it's the same.

jack D and coke

Genesis isn't being supported anymore it's slowly getting worse. I've been trying to use other addons lately. Not having a great deal of luck but OCWreborn and SALTS are working better for me these days. They're not as good or as user friendly as Genesis was but the links work at least.

jack D and coke

I think it's knackered. I used project free TV and it's the same.

Personally I think kodi is at a low point unless your paying for a premium addon or it is since I've been using it anyway.

Phoenix and the other addons in it are without doubt the best ones available just now.

Rudolf's Mate

Personally I think kodi is at a low point unless your paying for a premium addon or it is since I've been using it anyway.

Phoenix and the other addons in it are without doubt the best ones available just now.

Even with RealDebrid I don't think I've seen Kodi this bad. Used to having a ridiculous amount of options but now it's being whittled right down.

Genesis is dead to me :sob:

A mate sent me this link and reckons it's a breath of fresh air. Reckons i4tv is great for sports. Not had a chance to have a look myself yet.

Edited by IronJambo

Stuart McNeill

Installed the one I got for christmas.

Was browsing through movies and was using genesis some movies loaded others didn't. What would you recommend me using instead and how do I put that on?

put on Sky Sports 1 using phoenix it loaded, it wasn't 100% perfect in quality, watchable though and I wasn't complaining. However, is there another add-on you'd recommend ? 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Phoenix and Sportsdevil are the two I use. Reliable streams for everything I want.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Installed the one I got for christmas.

Was browsing through movies and was using genesis some movies loaded others didn't. What would you recommend me using instead and how do I put that on?

put on Sky Sports 1 using phoenix it loaded, it wasn't 100% perfect in quality, watchable though and I wasn't complaining. However, is there another add-on you'd recommend ?

Phoenix is best for films, either rockcrusher, stael or tnpb will have ones not yet out in hd (watched trumbo and joy yesterday).

Rudolf's Mate

So how do I install the other add ons?

Edit: Think I'm getting you mixed up with someone else Stuart. If you've not got TVaddons installed you can ignore the below :lol:

You've got TVaddons mate. From the main menu go to programs and you might have one listed below called addon installer. If it's not there then click on programs and program addons and addon installer. In there you've got featured addons and video addons. Video addons has every addon in all the repos associated with TVaddons. Search through as there's some decent one's in there.

Occasionally someone will mention an addon that's not available from your installer. Whenever this happens all you need do is Google how to install x kodi and there will always be several walk through's on how to do it. You'll find it's quicker asking & waiting on a reply from someone as it's really easy to do. Plus you get to learn how the system works.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Rudolf's Mate

Rudolf mate have heard anything about genesis and if this is permenant?

Tbh It's really conflicting mate. He's mentioned the possibility of a new addon then mentioned a big update. I have only assumed that because he's saying update that it will be an update to Genesis but god knows.

Whilst this is all a bit over my head im thinking about giving it a go.

It seems great for live sport, but why is it worth all the hassle for the films and series when there are sites like superchillin?

Has anyone tried King TV? Still can't get on [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I4ATV is your best bet now mate

Found a great stream for the football

Under Sport........... ZEM sports then top of the list IPTV great for Sky1 on the Sky 1 v5 and BT1 on BT1 v5  stations have not tried the rest of the many other choices yet, but these two are brilliant.

Getting quite pissed off with Kodi these days. Spent God knows how long trying to get one particular film to play but all links were dead.

This was on both SALTS and Phoenix TNPB.

Genesis was amazing back in the good old days.

I4ATV is your best bet now mate

can't even get that to work. Have a separate thing I pay for our here. Similar to King tv, only you not as many channels. Ahh well...

Get on Facebook and join the Kodi/theblackbox help and discussion group.. Answers all and any questions about kodi.

Getting quite pissed off with Kodi these days. Spent God knows how long trying to get one particular film to play but all links were dead.

This was on both SALTS and Phoenix TNPB.

Genesis was amazing back in the good old days.

?16 for 6 months subscription to Real Debrid and Genesis will be back to its best for you (and better probably). Edited by Disco Dave

Best addons for myself Atm.

For movies and tv shows:

- Phonex is by far and away the best with the rock crusher app. Instantly loads in HD quality and even has movies not even out yet.

-Istream. This is becoming my favourite app. Loads streams quickly and auto updates the links so you very rarely get dead links.

SALTS - Hit and miss these days but still works.

Genesis - Hopefully the new update we are hearing about comes to fruition. Great app when it works

-RoyalWe: Best new app out there and is really coming on. Once it gets autoplay could be Excellent

Sports and live Tv:

-IPTV Stalker: paid for but without doubt the best. I refuse to pay for stolen telly though

-I4ATV: Absoloute excellent and so far reliable iptv clone. Excellent so far.

-The king: went down but back up and running and a good back up clone for I4ATV. Good tv guide to run alongside IVUE and Renagade.

-The Scarface: Brand new tv clone excellent sports in HD and simply one to have in your arsenal.

-Dexter: rarely use as above is plenty but great to have in the arsenal none the less.

-Sportsdevil: great for 3 oclocl kick offs and ppv events.

Kids tv.

-Phonex. Again no beating this app has an absoloute incredible amount of cartoons.

-Cartoon HD. old school but still one of the best for kids.

Many more but peolle saying Kodi is at a low point ai.ply because Genesis is broken need a shake.

For movies and tv shows:

- Phonex is by far and away the best with the rock crusher app. Instantly loads in HD quality and even has movies not even out yet.

-Istream. This is becoming my favourite app. Loads streams quickly and auto updates the links so you very rarely get dead links.

Genesis - Hopefully the new update we are hearing about comes to fruition. Great app when it works

-RoyalWe: Best new app out there and is really coming on. Once it gets autoplay could be Excellent

Sports and live Tv:

-IPTV Stalker: paid for but without doubt the best. I refuse to pay for stolen telly though

-The king: went down but back up and running and a good back up clone for I4ATV. Good tv guide to run alongside IVUE and Renagade.

-The Scarface: Brand new tv clone excellent sports in HD and simply one to have in your arsenal.

-Dexter: rarely use as above is plenty but great to have in the arsenal none the less.

Kids tv.

-Phonex. Again no beating this app has an absoloute incredible amount of cartoons.

Many more but peolle saying Kodi is at a low point ai.ply because Genesis is broken need a shake.

Nice one mate. Few good tips there. I will install King TV again as it has better channel choices than the one I pay for.

Rudolf's Mate

Once anyone's used Kodi for a long period you'll soon realise that what works for some doesn't always work for others. iStream is a prime example with several (yourself included) saying it's one of the best. Several others will testify that it's a mess and doesn't work for them. You just need to look on the Xunity forum where the dev's acknowledging it's got major issues however I wasn't going to come on and mention it because some might never ever see the issues. 

It the same with other addons such as Genesis. Some people are still using it perfectly with no issues without the help of resolvers. I know some with the exact same setup as me with the same ISP who can still use Ice Films yet I can't, even with DNS now. SALTS works perfectly for me yet others are saying it's terrible. Ok there are a lot of broken sources however you soon know which to avoid. 

Sometime's there's no logical explanation however, as I've said, what works for some doesn't always works for others and people need to understand that. I do agree with what Jack D said though and Kodi is actually at a low point compared to what it was 2+ years ago. And that was pre Genesis.

jack D and coke

For movies and tv shows:

Sports and live Tv:

Kids tv.

These addons are hit and miss barring Phoenix which I agree is superb just now, far and away the best addon.

iStream is very hot and cold. The other day I was actually getting good streams in one room on my T8 and none in the other room on my fire box, at the same time. It's been working fine last day or two but it's a bit temperamental. Salts too works great one day and not the next. IPTV stalker was class but that's premium now and I haven't tried the clones so you could be onto something with them. Some of these addons disappear as quickly as they appear tho. Royal We etc I haven't looked at them for a few weeks as they just didn't work last time I tried.

Don't know how long you've been using kodi and I'm certainly not going to start getting involved in a daft slanging match but it's poorer now than its been since I started using it.

I went against all my morals by getting a sportsmania sub because I was fed up of the streams buffering like crazy or really poor picture quality on the likes of sportsdevil or other free sports addons. Vdubt25 used to be my go to for sports his has went downhill as well. I appreciate these guys do it for free and I'm not having a go but it's not working as well as it did even 6 months ago.

It's getting more and more popular it's only to be expected I guess the servers can't handle all the traffic.

There's still stuff to be found if you look around definitely it's just a bit more faffing about these days.

I use the Wookie for Kodi

The think that bugs me about it is that there are so many addon on it, but masses of them dont work.

They would do themselves a big favour by only putting on addons that work.

The frustration when you click on so many then get error messages.

This to me is what will drive people away from Kodi.

Its great when the streams work, but addons are added that never or rarely work.

Rudolf's Mate

I stumbled on a post on a forum yesterday re Genesis and possible fixes. I was really sceptical about it because the steps didn't add up however I tried it and it actually improved Genesis greatly for me.

Try the following:

Genesis, tools, general, change sources timeout to 10 secs, move onto playback heading, change max quality to HQ, file hosting filters remove captcha's, 1080p and holsters with 720p files. Auto-play tick all 3 options. Move onto movies header and untick Alluc, Iwatchonline & Yify. Make sure you click OK at the bottom.

Like I said it made no sense to me and I was actually going to respond saying why would you change to HQ when you can get HD elsewhere. As a result I can now pull in 720p for films. It might not work for all but worth a try.

Only thing I would say is anyone with RealDebrid working for films then don't change it. Those who have RD but it doesn't work for films then follow the above however I'd take off the autoplay as that can cause issues.

mrmarkus1981

I've tried loads but invariably just go back to bog standard Kofi with the 4-5 addons I need

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Unknown user

I've tried loads but invariably just go back to bog standard Kofi with the 4-5 addons I need

This

I have two Kodi setups.

One with the Wookie and one bog standard Kodi addons.

I have added a couple of my own to it, and I like it better not having all the many fancy addons that never work.