Kodi again

Unknown user

What are people using to watch the Hearts game? I've got it on UK Sports through Pheonix then Woody, though not a great picture. Acestream is showing cricket on SS3? I've got SportsDevil aswell but again not a great picture. UK Turk has a reliable stream at the minute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

What are people using to watch the Hearts game? I've got it on UK Sports through Pheonix then Woody, though not a great picture. Acestream is showing cricket on SS3? I've got SportsDevil aswell but again not a great picture. UK Turk has a reliable stream at the minute

Forgot about Turk! I'll give it a try at half time, cheers [emoji106]

I got the game today the exact same way but only the 2nd sky sports 3 tab opened not the first one.

I got a great picture today Phoenix,Woody,UK Sports is usually my first choice now and very reliable.

Edited by Australis......

I renewed to Sportsmania and got a good picture. There was a couple of jumps and one 10 second bit of buffering. Overall good enough.

Strange thing was that it was 10 minutes behind Real Time.

babertonjambo

My Fire Stick has arrived this afternoon so I'm looking to install Kodi tonight. Without trawling through all 14 pages can anyone provide the link/post providing the most reliable instructions for setting up? I'm a relative novice when it comes to technology!

Captain Sausage

I've got a fire stick, cracked it as per YouTube, added on all my channels but cant for the life of me get anything to play.

I click on a film for example, it just buffers then never loads, or very occasionally works but buffers every 2-3 seconds. I have 28mbps connection so it must be something else.

Really frustrating.

I've got a fire stick, cracked it as per YouTube, added on all my channels but cant for the life of me get anything to play.

I click on a film for example, it just buffers then never loads, or very occasionally works but buffers every 2-3 seconds. I have 28mbps connection so it must be something else.

Really frustrating.

In my experience, that's nearly always down to the speed/quality of your connection, there are addons for testing that but you'd need to Google them

Rudolf's Mate

Really frustrating.

Who is your broadband provider. If BT there's a thing called Smart Setup which ****s with Kodi and prevents most things playing and others buffer like he'll. On Sky I think it's called Smart Shield and also Virgin has it. Bottom line is you need to log into the routers admin and disable. Restart the stick and try again.

Rudolf's Mate

My Fire Stick has arrived this afternoon so I'm looking to install Kodi tonight. Without trawling through all 14 pages can anyone provide the link/post providing the most reliable instructions for setting up? I'm a relative novice when it comes to technology!

Try this:

https://youtu.be/sWrNKNA09Ro

Also you'll want Fire Starter if you've not already got it. Link below

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

babertonjambo

Try this:

Cheers. Will give this a go. My broadband provider is BT. Is it easy to get around the issue above?

Captain Sausage

Who is your broadband provider. If BT there's a thing called Smart Setup which ****s with Kodi and prevents most things playing and others buffer like he'll. On Sky I think it's called Smart Shield and also Virgin has it. Bottom line is you need to log into the routers admin and disable. Restart the stick and try again.

I have Sky and I disabled the shield but just can't seem to get things to run seamlessly. Got a weekend to myself this week so I'll Mess around with it and hopefully get it working!

Rudolf's Mate

Cheers. Will give this a go. My broadband provider is BT. Is it easy to get around the issue above?

Yep it's easy mate. Simply log into your router via PC/laptop by typing 192.168.1.254 into the address bar and hit enter. Click on advanced settings and grab the card with the admin password from the Hub. Once entered click to continue to advanced settings and then select home network. The option for Smart Setup will appear just below, disable and select apply. Reboot the stick and try again. Pretty sure this will solve it. Just remember if you ever have the issue again then check the router. Occasionally Hubs auto update or reboot and this can turn back on. It did for me.

I have Sky and I disabled the shield but just can't seem to get things to run seamlessly. Got a weekend to myself this week so I'll Mess around with it and hopefully get it working!

How long have you had it? Just bought it or had it a while and always had these issues? If you've had it a while do you carry out regular maintenance and delete cache and packages?

Peas has Sky so he (or someone else with Sky) might be best placed to comment if it's the actual router. All I would say is also double check that shield is off.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Rudolf's Mate

Not an attack Salec but this personally I'd stay clear of following this guys video. It's outdated and uses an antiquated way to install Kodi using adbfire to side load when there's absolutely no need. All you need is ES File Explorer.

By all means install whatever setup you want but adbfire is the longer and more problematic way of installing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not an attack Salec but this personally I'd stay clear of following this guys video. It's outdated and uses an antiquated way to install Kodi using adbfire to side load when there's absolutely no need. All you need is ES File Explorer.

By all means install whatever setup you want but adbfire is the longer and more problematic way of installing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:thumbsup:

Cheers, must admit I have installed on 3 fire sticks and a box since Xmas, they all work great.

A huge thanks to this thread or I would never have known any of this was possible.

babertonjambo

Try this:

Thanks for your help RM. Managed the Kodi installation easily but somehow managed to get myself back to the main homepage and couldn't find where to get back into Kodi!

Having trouble getting Fire Starter installed though. Do I just type in the http address on a Web page?

Managed to change router settings fine.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Thanks for your help RM. Managed the Kodi installation easily but somehow managed to get myself back to the main homepage and couldn't find where to get back into Kodi!

Having trouble getting Fire Starter installed though. Do I just type in the http address on a Web page?

To get back into kodi, just tab down to system, go right 4 times (forget the name of the menu), then select manage installed applications (I thin it's called). Kodi is in there.

Rudolf's Mate

Cheers, must admit I have installed on 3 fire sticks and a box since Xmas, they all work great.

A huge thanks to this thread or I would never have known any of this was possible.

You're welcome mate. 

Personal preference comes into it a lot. I was never a fan of adbfire in the first place as it messed up for me and was a nightmare to correct. That said I know people that can barely work a laptop yet they've had no issues :lol:

If you scroll down to settings, along to applications and then manage installed applications it's in there. 

Clicking on the link should download the apk however to get it onto the box you could click on it on a laptop, stick it on USB and plug it into the box or follow the below.

If you go into ES Explorer and click on add and enter in the URL address for JKB into the path and give it a name and click to save. It'l appear in the left hand menu, scroll down click on it and navigate to the this thread and click on the link it should install it. 

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Rudolf's Mate

If for any reason the above doesn't work, as you mentioned you can manually type the full address into ES. Just add this but put an h at the start ttps://github.com/sphinx02/FireStarter/releases/download/v3.2.2/FireStarter-v3.2.2.apk

If I include the h it doesn't show the full link (I think).

babertonjambo

You're welcome mate.

Personal preference comes into it a lot. I was never a fan of adbfire in the first place as it messed up for me and was a nightmare to correct. That said I know people that can barely work a laptop yet they've had no issues :lol:

If you scroll down to settings, along to applications and then manage installed applications it's in there.

Clicking on the link should download the apk however to get it onto the box you could click on it on a laptop, stick it on USB and plug it into the box or follow the below.

If you go into ES Explorer and click on add and enter in the URL address for JKB into the path and give it a name and click to save. It'l appear in the left hand menu, scroll down click on it and navigate to the this thread and click on the link it should install it.

That makes sense, cheers.

It's a Fire Stick I have rather than a TV box so will try downloading using JKB link.

jack D and coke

I still use Adbfire over the ES explorer. Adbfire works in minutes for me and once you install Firestarter you can install the latest kodi directly from there.

Crunchy have you tried in UKTurk for Sky one?

Rudolf's Mate

I still use Adbfire over the ES explorer. Adbfire works in minutes for me and once you install Firestarter you can install the latest kodi directly from there.

Even for Mania?

Is Sports Mania the best source for streaming live football or are there good reliable free ones that I can get through fusion?

It is paid for which for me defeats the purpose of using Kodi.

There are plenty free streaming options such as money sports, NJM soccer, DNA TV, the King, sports devil and plenty others for you to get a good link.

I have never used Sports Mania myself but from what I have heard its reliable. But I refuse point blank to pay folks money for stolen telly!

babertonjambo

It is paid for which for me defeats the purpose of using Kodi.

There are plenty free streaming options such as money sports, NJM soccer, DNA TV, the King, sports devil and plenty others for you to get a good link.

I have never used Sports Mania myself but from what I have heard its reliable. But I refuse point blank to pay folks money for stolen telly!

Thanks mate.  I'm not keen to pay either but if it provides a more reliable stream then I wouldn't mind.  Ultimately I want to cancel my BT Sports and Sky Sports subscriptions, which will save me a fair amount, but won't do so until I see what the quality of the streams are like.

Also, is the streams pretty much in real time or is there quite a lag? I'm not keen watching live games 10 minutes behind the actual game.

Thanks mate. I'm not keen to pay either but if it provides a more reliable stream then I wouldn't mind. Ultimately I want to cancel my BT Sports and Sky Sports subscriptions, which will save me a fair amount, but won't do so until I see what the quality of the streams are like.

Also, is the streams pretty much in real time or is there quite a lag? I'm not keen watching live games 10 minutes behind the actual game.

Some streams lag further behind than others but never more a couple of mins. If you are ready to pay a sub you may as well go get IPTV STALKER. You will get all the channels plus 3 o'clock kick offs.

You can get it via premium builds such as the beast or get it direct.

jack D and coke

Is Sports Mania the best source for streaming live football or are there good reliable free ones that I can get through fusion?

Tbh it seems to be getting easier to find decent sports streams lately. MoneySports is a good one.

Mania is good but a wee while back the quality of the free streams was really poor and that's why I bought in. If originally had a premium Sports Donkey through droidsticks but the guy is a welt and he's pretty difficult to deal with if you couldn't get the streams working. I've seen others like HQzone basically take people's money and vanish as well so it can be a little bit dodgy. I don't like paying for stolen tv either if I'm being honest, it's reliable though and has all the football, 3pm Saturday EPL games and all PPV events.

Edited by jack D and coke

babertonjambo

Tbh it seems to be getting easier to find decent sports streams lately. MoneySports is a good one.

Mania is good but a wee while back the quality of the free streams was really poor and that's why I bought in. If originally had a premium Sports Donkey through droidsticks but the guy is a welt and he's pretty difficult to deal with if you couldn't get the streams working. I've seen others like HQzone basically take people's money and vanish as well so it can be a little bit dodgy. I don't like paying for stolen tv either if I'm being honest, it's reliable though and has all the football, 3pm Saturday EPL games and all PPV events.

Thanks mate.  Is MoneySports a free one?

Cool.  Will take a look later!

If you use it to watch the Hearts game on Saturday, please report back on how you got on.

I just signed up with Sportsmania, will use that for as long as I can now.

babertonjambo

If you use it to watch the Hearts game on Saturday, please report back on how you got on.

I just signed up with Sportsmania, will use that for as long as I can now.

Will do.

Just got the stick yesterday so still trying to find my way around things!

All I know of is Wookie. Would you say this is better than Wookie? Is it easy to maintain?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This is not a build it is a wizard.

It has about 50 different builds in it so you can literally try a build and if you don't like it use the in built fresh start and try another.. If you don't want to install a build then it has all the best up to date add-ons.

I have Jack. I use Turk quite a lot but I went through that, Renegade,Pear, Dexter and a couple of others and no dice.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Valhalla (used to be stael), in the phoenix app, has premier league pass for all premier league games. Excellent quality, reliable and free of charge.

jack D and coke

I have Jack. I use Turk quite a lot but I went through that, Renegade,Pear, Dexter and a couple of others and no dice.

I asked on twitter and a guy has said cCloud, Woody in Phoenix and finetv.

Let us know if theyre any good[emoji1360]

babertonjambo

Valhalla (used to be stael), in the phoenix app, has premier league pass for all premier league games. Excellent quality, reliable and free of charge.

Thanks mate.  I've got Phoenix installed so will take a look!

This thread is brilliant by the way.  Never knew JKB had so many techy geeks!   :2thumbsup:

I asked on twitter and a guy has said cCloud, Woody in Phoenix and finetv.

Let us know if theyre any good[emoji1360]

Finetv seems to be working well. Thanks again bud!

This is not a build it is a wizard.

It has about 50 different builds in it so you can literally try a build and if you don't like it use the in built fresh start and try another.. If you don't want to install a build then it has all the best up to date add-ons.

Ridiculously technologically inept question; what's the difference between a build and a wizard? With Wookie, I get all the apps and the menus, what makes a build different? Apologies for the question.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Thanks mate.  I've got Phoenix installed so will take a look!

This thread is brilliant by the way.  Never knew JKB had so many techy geeks!   :2thumbsup:

Should have added, the sport is in the live tv section of Valhalla.

Ridiculously technologically inept question; what's the difference between a build and a wizard? With Wookie, I get all the apps and the menus, what makes a build different? Apologies for the question.

No probs mate.

A build is something which has been made by a certain individual with specific apps and layout, such as Wookie. There a many other builds which all differ from each other,

A wizard, such as Ares, holds all these builds in one specific program for easy access. It also holds specific apps...Just makes it a lot easier than having to search around for all the specific locations or repos of these builds and apps.