Kodi again

Unknown user

Been reading all the kodi threads with interest for months now and first took the plunge 5 month past cancelling all my virgin tv and buying the fire stick- it worked ok but I got pissed with the buffering and gave it to my son as he watches less tv than me ,I then bought myself the MXIII 4gb so I could connect eathernet cable and this slightly improved things but I still get bufferening now and then.

Like Rudolfs Mate, I would never consider paying for anything on Kodi but I gave his recommendation for real-debrid a try this morning and I did see improvements so I think I will give it a few more days using the real-debrid free trial and if all is ok I will pay for real-debrid.

I use Genisis for my movies an tv shows and sometimes showbox , and Dexter tv (iptv with ivue) for live tv and must say Dexter just keeps getting better and better and sports devil for my other live fooball/sports.

At the end of the day I don't think anything is going to be 24/7 perfect with kodi regarding buffering and stream quality and consistency but just now I don't think I am that far off it.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

Rudolf's Mate

Been reading all the kodi threads with interest for months now and first took the plunge 5 month past cancelling all my virgin tv and buying the fire stick- it worked ok but I got pissed with the buffering and gave it to my son as he watches less tv than me ,I then bought myself the MXIII 4gb so I could connect eathernet cable and this slightly improved things but I still get bufferening now and then.

Like Rudolfs Mate, I would never consider paying for anything on Kodi but I gave his recommendation for real-debrid a try this morning and I did see improvements so I think I will give it a few more days using the real-debrid free trial and if all is ok I will pay for real-debrid.

I use Genisis for my movies an tv shows and sometimes showbox , and Dexter tv (iptv with ivue) for live tv and must say Dexter just keeps getting better and better and sports devil for my other live fooball/sports.

At the end of the day I don't think anything is going to be 24/7 perfect with kodi regarding buffering and stream quality and consistency but just now I don't think I am that far off it.

I've had a good play with RealDebrid over last few days trying content out.

I tried Hand of God on my Prime Vidoe through my AFTV and Kodi using RealDebrid and there was absolutely no difference in quality between the two. That said I wasn't totally convinced with the quality.

I tried Gravity through Prime and the quality was visibly superior through Kodi with RealDebrid.

There's also been a few things which had a couple HD links which weren't RealDebrid but did have HQ RealDebrid. The HQ RealDebrid were superior than the HD available by other sources.

I've taken the plunge now and bought it!

Good stuff RM, I watched a few programes that had HQ RealDebrid and this was better than previous HQ quality, funny you mention Gravity as I went to watch it last night but gave up after 15 mins as the so called HQ quality on the Vidics link was poor to say the least.

Do you know if RealDebrid  works at the ip address or just the device you sign up with ? I now have 2 MXIII boxes and a fire stick running Kodi.

Thanks.

Rudolf's Mate

Good stuff RM, I watched a few programes that had HQ RealDebrid and this was better than previous HQ quality, funny you mention Gravity as I went to watch it last night but gave up after 15 mins as the so called HQ quality on the Vidics link was poor to say the least.

Do you know if RealDebrid works at the ip address or just the device you sign up with ? I now have 2 MXIII boxes and a fire stick running Kodi.

Thanks.

I know you can have multiple devices from 1 IP address mate, which is really good. What I'm not sure is whether you can basically move around with the service to another IP address.

Thanks RM, trying it out again just now and again I can see a difference, I'm switching my broadband over to BT infinity next week so will probs wait till I get that up and running before signing up to RD.

Cheers for the heads up. :2thumbsup:

So, Real Debrid, what is it exactly, what are these other links?

I have a 60mb connection so I thought I didn't need it, but does it get me access to better quality streams? If so, maybe I do need it after all

Rudolf's Mate

So, Real Debrid, what is it exactly, what are these other links?

I have a 60mb connection so I thought I didn't need it, but does it get me access to better quality streams? If so, maybe I do need it after all

I'm 76mb connection mate but it's only recommended that 6mb is needed for Kodi. You then depend on Genesis servers which are becoming more and more popular.

RealDebrid links go over their own servers which they limit the traffic. I think it's around 60% so as long as they've got a link to the content you want you're guaranteed a decent connection.

Of all the stuff I've checked it was only my daughters Lego Ninjago series I couldn't find links for :lol:

I should add that I reckon 97% of the stuff I watch simply works first time and is decent quality. It's just that for such a small amount I'm happy to pay to ensure that I don't have the inconvenience of having to search somewhere else.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Hi ladies and gents,

Follow these two link. Guy called joenobody shows you how to get flawless live tv including all the sports channels.

Do yourself a favour and subscribe to this guy. Everything you ever need he will have.

Thank me later!

Edit. Bad language alert!

Edited by AlimOzturk

Rudolf's Mate

Hi ladies and gents,

Follow these two link. Guy called joenobody shows you how to get flawless live tv including all the sports channels.

Do yourself a favour and subscribe to this guy. Everything you ever need he will have.

Thank me kater!

He's been doing stuff for years Alim. He's good however I wouldn't advise watching him when kids are around :lol: If it's the same guy in thinking of.

He's been doing stuff for years Alim. He's good however I wouldn't advise watching him when kids are around :lol: If it's the same guy in thinking of.

Yeah the lanuage that comes from his mouth is something :laugh:

Sounds like a rude version of ray romano

Rudolf's Mate

Yeah the lanuage that comes from his mouth is something :laugh:

Sounds like a rude version of ray romano

First time I watched him I couldn't follow anything for laughing. Keeps saying bang bang bing or something like that :lol:

He's got his own addon in one of the repos in Fusion. Never looked at it but in guessing it's all help videos.

So i bought an Amazon fire tv box and have set it up, i used amazon fire tv utility to transfer the kodi apk across to it, however AFTv utility says it cant find the device when i try to side load it, the ip address as far as i know i correct and i have switched of smart setup on my bt home hub as well as making the changes in the fire box system settings.

Anyone got any suggestions what im doing wrong ??

luckyBatistuta

Here's a really good website. I have got lots of working links from it and also tells you where to get the latest live sport links.

www.bestforkodi.com

jack D and coke

So i bought an Amazon fire tv box and have set it up, i used amazon fire tv utility to transfer the kodi apk across to it, however AFTv utility says it cant find the device when i try to side load it, the ip address as far as i know i correct and i have switched of smart setup on my bt home hub as well as making the changes in the fire box system settings.

Anyone got any suggestions what im doing wrong ??

Not sure about the method your using mate. Some people on here have also spoke about using the ES explorer app or wherever to download kodi to the AFTV. I've got AFTV boxes but haven't tried doing it that way so can't comment. This is the method I use and tbh it's a piece of piss...

Not sure about the method your using mate. Some people on here have also spoke about using the ES explorer app or wherever to download kodi to the AFTV. I've got AFTV boxes but haven't tried doing it that way so can't comment. This is the method I use and tbh it's a piece of piss...

ended up being pretty simple :-)

cheers

Hi ladies and gents,

Thank me later!

Edit. Bad language alert!

Thanks for that. works a treat, tutorial funny too.

pheonix live sports doesnt seem to be updated with todays matches, any other suggestions for hd footy streams just incase they dont get updated before ko.

Cheers

Rudolf's Mate

pheonix live sports doesnt seem to be updated with todays matches, any other suggestions for hd footy streams just incase they dont get updated before ko.

Cheers

I haven't ventured elsewhere for a long time because I've got Mania but Phoenix was normally a good shout.

Telling you guys. I have perfect working sports streams because of the links i have given above. It is basically a iptv stalker clone and works great.

Get on it ow in time for hearts game!

Rudolf's Mate

Yeah had no issues for weeks with there schedules, not been updated since Thursday.

What does s/mania charge for subs

Last time I looked it was ?26 for 6 months.

Alim I stopped using IPTV links supplied by likes of Joe and others due to reliability. They're brilliant but they inevitably go down whether it be 1 week or 4 you get out of it. I just couldn't be arsed as the only time I realised it wasn't working was just before a game would start.

After years of tinkering I'd much rather pay a small fee and limit the inconvenience.

Last time I looked it was ?26 for 6 months.

Alim I stopped using IPTV links supplied by likes of Joe and others due to reliability. They're brilliant but they inevitably go down whether it be 1 week or 4 you get out of it. I just couldn't be arsed as the only time I realised it wasn't working was just before a game would start.

After years of tinkering I'd much rather pay a small fee and limit the inconvenience.

Tbh i grudge paying someone who is basically selling stolen tv.

While totally getting the irony of the above statement as i am basically stealing free telly. But at least i am not profiting from it.

Rudolf's Mate

Tbh i grudge paying someone who is basically selling stolen tv.

While totally getting the irony of the above statement as i am basically stealing free telly. But at least i am not profiting from it.

Nah I get where you're coming from mate. I was in the same boat but now I'm far too lazy and just want stuff to work at the click of a button. 

Just watched the Hearts game via Dextertv iptv ivue and despite a few buffering issues the first 5-10 mins I had a perfect sky sports2 HD stream.

Took the plunge and paid for RealDebrid earlier than I said I would and WOW this works perfect with Genisis, I watched loads of  movies and tv series over the last few days and not once have I had any buffering issues and the quality is superb with HD,HQ and even MQ links so a big thanks to RM for that one.

I also read on kodicommunity.com that Genisis could be changing things to LQ links only so as to cope with the increase of traffic, if true, then this is even more a reason to use a service like Real Debrid while using Kodi.

Just now Iam very happy with my set up.

I get free BT sports for a year from next week by switching to BT- currently with Virgin Paying ?33.50 for phone and 50 G broadband per month... switching to BT Fibre with the entertainment plus tv and weekend phone calls for ?34.50 pm with a free ?100 prpaid mastercard from BT and If you do the switch via http://www.topcashback.co.uk/bt_total_broadband/ you get a extra ?168 cashback.

I got ?181 from top cashback and the ?100 prepaid card from BT for my BT Infinity Broadband with Entertainment Plus TV and weekend calls, This for me is going to work out at ? 11.08 pm for the year after the cashback perks.

Edited by EH17

jambos are go!

Tried one or two of these suggestions on my new Firestick with no real success. Desperate for a good link I decided to take Sky Sports for a month on Virgin. Turned out they have an offer on whereby if you take Sports and Movies you get it for half price for 3 months with no obligation after 30 days. Thats under ?20 and that will do me whilst I try Kodi like solutions.

Rudolf's Mate

Tried one or two of these suggestions on my new Firestick with no real success. Desperate for a good link I decided to take Sky Sports for a month on Virgin. Turned out they have an offer on whereby if you take Sports and Movies you get it for half price for 3 months with no obligation after 30 days. Thats under ?20 and that will do me whilst I try Kodi like solutions.

Get Sports Mania on Kodi mate. ?26 for 6 months and well worth it.

Disser Pointon

Still swithering about this, wish I knew someone who had one that I could have a try to see how idiot proof it is, although I'm not a complete technophobe. Does the sportsmania subscription get you the 3pm kick offs or is it only streams for televised games? I'd also have to upgrade my broadband to fibre.

Rudolf's Mate

Yes Mania gets you 3pm's. Whilst I'd always say get fibre I know plenty of people who don't and still have perfect streams.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Disser Pointon

Yes Mania gets you 3pm's. Whilst I'd always say get fibre I know plenty of people who don't and still have perfect streams.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK cheers, I checked my broadband speed and it's only about 4mbs, will maybe get the stick and try it first before deciding. Is it worth paying a bit extra to get one of the fire sticks off eBay that are all preloaded with kodi etc or is it a doddle to set up?

wentworth jambo

Another vote for SportsMania - had the normal sports links which could be hit and miss....took the plunge on SportsMania and it's night and day in terms of quality and reliability...also recommend RealDebrid and the difference in Genesis streams is quite something....add into all those benefits the call to Sky to cancel :pleasingao:

wentworth jambo

meant to add for those swithering - Sportsmania let you sign up for as little as a week (?6) if you don't want to commit longer term initially

Rudolf's Mate

OK cheers, I checked my broadband speed and it's only about 4mbs, will maybe get the stick and try it first before deciding. Is it worth paying a bit extra to get one of the fire sticks off eBay that are all preloaded with kodi etc or is it a doddle to set up?

Ah 4mbps might be borderline mate. That said, give it a try first but I'm pretty sure it's recommended you have 4.5 minimum for Kodi and that was before HD was fully integrated. I think you'll probably have to upgrade tbh. 

Another vote for SportsMania - had the normal sports links which could be hit and miss....took the plunge on SportsMania and it's night and day in terms of quality and reliability...also recommend RealDebrid and the difference in Genesis streams is quite something....add into all those benefits the call to Sky to cancel :pleasingao:

RealDebrid is something else. Admittedly if there's a new film on the block they don't always have a link available however it comes eventually. Despite that they are on the ball for TV content and it's all 1080p and 5.1 surround sound.

wentworth jambo

Ah 4mbps might be borderline mate. That said, give it a try first but I'm pretty sure it's recommended you have 4.5 minimum for Kodi and that was before HD was fully integrated. I think you'll probably have to upgrade tbh. 

RealDebrid is something else. Admittedly if there's a new film on the block they don't always have a link available however it comes eventually. Despite that they are on the ball for TV content and it's all 1080p and 5.1 surround sound.

I'd just like to echo previous poster's thanks RM - your updates / comments on this thread have proved invaluable as I've gone through the whole set up process on my AFTV box....one other question which you may be able to help with - is there a universal EPG you can use in Kodi that let's you assign live TV streams from various providers ? Have tried iVue and Renegades etc but they seem tied to certain stream providers - have all of my channels and preferred streams but would good to access them all from the one EPG

Just bought a new TV that runs on Android so I'll be going through this thread and setting up Kodi on it properly.  No more trying to do streams on my laptop any more. 

jambos are go!

A couple of things I would like advice on Kodi and SportsMania . Does it work with Virgin Media and does it cover Racing UK. Grateful for any help.

A couple of things I would like advice on Kodi and SportsMania . Does it work with Virgin Media and does it cover Racing UK. Grateful for any help.

Both work with Virgin Media and Racing UK can be found on an add on called Phoenix.

jack D and coke

Bit the bullet and ordered one of the preloaded ones from eBay (lazy bassa I know) fingers crossed it's as great as everyone makes out!

How much if you don't mind me asking?