Kodi again

Unknown user

Rudolf's Mate

Do you have ES Explorer on the Stick? You can just add the address to that and it'll download direct to the Stick.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

Rudolf's Mate

It says download tknorris zip file and when I click, it downloads to my laptop. Normally I type the repo address into kodi manually.

Just a thought. I use Fusion (TVaddons) for a lot of repo's because it's easy, reliable and maintained well. If you've got it on the stick all you need do is go to system, settings, addons, install from zip, Fusion, xbmc-repos, English and scroll down to tknorris repo. Most of the best addons are in repos available in Fusion and is worthwhile having. 

Do you have ES Explorer on the Stick? You can just add the address to that and it'll download direct to the Stick.

Any good links as to how to add this?

Rudolf's Mate

Any good links as to how to add this?

If you've got Fire TV or Stick navigate to the top of the main menu and select the search function. Enter ES File And then arrow down to where it says and it will search and bring up a few options. You want the one called ES File Explorer. Should actually be the first option.

I have taken the dip & bought a box with Kodi installed, what's the best movie & sports apps? Or things I need to down load?

Add the Showbox and Sportsmania apps to the box,you'll find them in the play store. Sportsmania is ?50 for the year but well worth it. Adding apps to the box is a more reliable way to view streams and live content imo.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Just a thought. I use Fusion (TVaddons) for a lot of repo's because it's easy, reliable and maintained well. If you've got it on the stick all you need do is go to system, settings, addons, install from zip, Fusion, xbmc-repos, English and scroll down to tknorris repo. Most of the best addons are in repos available in Fusion and is worthwhile having. 

Got that to work. Cheers.

Rudolf's Mate

Got that to work. Cheers.

Good stuff :thumbsup:

Whenever I hear of an addon I don't have and it's not clear which repo it's in I always Google 'which repo is x in' and you'll always find the answer in first 3 it returns. Then it's just a case of checking Fusion for the repo. No doubt you'll come across some which aren't in there.

Integrating the genesis/salts favorites to your library is tremendous

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Can you elaborate on this?

Cheers

I'll try. Using Genesis for example. Select a tv show you like and press the button that brings up the Properties. Select 'add to library'. This doesn't appear to do any thing. However, head to Genesis Settings/Library Settings. When you click the Properties button on the tv show folder you can set it's contents to 'tv shows' and it will add to your library. Appearing as if it's actually on your device but the links open on genesis. Apologies if this doesn't make sense, on my phone again. I'll find a couple of guides and paste them

Got you.

What's the benefit of that over having all my favourites saved within Genesis already, which they are...?

It centralises your media in one place

So, if you download some TV shows, the files can be added to the library although they're not streams. You could also add things from other addons to the library, so instead of having to go into Genesis, or 1channel, or remember what shows are kept where, it's all inside your centralised TV Shows library, complete with episode info, actor info, genre etc etc

Appearance mostly. They update automatically so they appear as unwatched on your meeting screen after they've aired

Add the Showbox and Sportsmania apps to the box,you'll find them in the play store. Sportsmania is ?50 for the year but well worth it. Adding apps to the box is a more reliable way to view streams and live content imo.

Thank you, the sportsmaina app, Is that the 3 pm ko 1?

Rudolf's Mate

It has Premier League Pass,gives you all the 3 o'clock KOs

Does the app have PLP? I remember seeing them say it was only available via Kodi though his might have changed as the app was in beta.

Does the app have PLP? I remember seeing them say it was only available via Kodi though his might have changed as the app was in beta.

Yeah PLP is on the app mate

Appearance mostly. They update automatically so they appear as unwatched on your meeting screen after they've aired

Well in,

Once you get it all configured, makes things a lot easier and better looking for shows you are currently watching.

Just bought an Amazon Fire 7 tablet for ?35. No TV in the bedroom so this will do for a nice Kodi screen when I want to watch things in bed. Cracking price for what you get.

If you've got Fire TV or Stick navigate to the top of the main menu and select the search function. Enter ES File And then arrow down to where it says and it will search and bring up a few options. You want the one called ES File Explorer. Should actually be the first option.

I have tried this, but the ES Explorer option isn't there, any ideas where I am going wrong?

Governor Tarkin

Thanks man. I am a shivering orphan in a century I wasn't born in.

:lol:

I work in a tech driven industry and thats exactly how I feel pretty much every day!

I have tried this, but the ES Explorer option isn't there, any ideas where I am going wrong?

You'll firstly need to download the ES Explorer app I believe. Can get it from Amazon marketplace

Rudolf's Mate

Did you try just typing in ES File and press the down on the circle (equivalent or down arrow) to highlight/select which then performs the search?

Amazon removed it from the Fire searches a few weeks ago ,earning you couldn't download it. Even grabbing it from the Amazon website it didn't work but then it was back again.

If that doesn't work you can go to the Amazon website and search for it in the apps section. Grab it from there and then go to your Fire Stick or Box and into settings and my account. From there sync Amazon Content. If that doesn't work, just above the sync option is your account info, click into that and de-register the box and then re-register it again and sync. If I'm being honest, if the search isn't working I doubt this will as I reckon Amazon might have pulled it or they're preventing it being downloaded again.

If the above fails there are other ways such as side loading it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rudolf's Mate

Got two amazon fire tablets for 50 quid each in Argos today. That is two christmas presents sorted

Which one's? Reason I ask is the ?50 one's were dropped to ?35 on Amazon today.

Which one's? Reason I ask is the ?50 one's were dropped to ?35 on Amazon today.

Yep sorry i was mistaken.

They were 35 each i paid dropped from 50 quid.

Very basic but for what they offer that is actually an utter bargain

You'll firstly need to download the ES Explorer app I believe. Can get it from Amazon marketplace

Did you try just typing in ES File and press the down on the circle (equivalent or down arrow) to highlight/select which then performs the search?

Amazon removed it from the Fire searches a few weeks ago ,earning you couldn't download it. Even grabbing it from the Amazon website it didn't work but then it was back again.

If that doesn't work you can go to the Amazon website and search for it in the apps section. Grab it from there and then go to your Fire Stick or Box and into settings and my account. From there sync Amazon Content. If that doesn't work, just above the sync option is your account info, click into that and de-register the box and then re-register it again and sync. If I'm being honest, if the search isn't working I doubt this will as I reckon Amazon might have pulled it or they're preventing it being downloaded again.

If the above fails there are other ways such as side loading it.

Cheers Rab, Rudolf's Mate, got it working.

John Lewis are selling the Amazon tablets for ?35 and the fire sticks for ?25 both with a 2 year guarantee if anyone is interested

Rudolf's Mate

Yep sorry i was mistaken.

They were 35 each i paid dropped from 50 quid.

Very basic but for what they offer that is actually an utter bargain

For Kodi you don't need any more than that tbh. I was shocked when they put them down to ?50 never mind ?35!

Cheers Rab, Rudolf's Mate, got it working.

John Lewis are selling the Amazon tablets for ?35 and the fire sticks for ?25 both with a 2 year guarantee if anyone is interested

Glad you got it sorted. I picked up another stick from Amazon and will give it to my mum. Argos also selling them for ?25.

So for the last few weeks my "moneysports" addon hasnt been working, reinstalled it but didnt help,anyone had the same or have a fix??

I don't use the addon myself but if you were getting error 1000, it could be that the site is being blocked by your isp according to google

I don't use the addon myself but if you were getting error 1000, it could be that the site is being blocked by your isp according to google

Anyone with virginmedia in the UK getting this???

Thinking of getting a fire stick for Amazon prime, but will probably install Kodi too. Folk think they're pretty good? Definitely worth ?25 I guess

Thinking of getting a fire stick for Amazon prime, but will probably install Kodi too. Folk think they're pretty good? Definitely worth ?25 I guess

Yeah I've got one and it does a good job [emoji106]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Rudolf's Mate

In all honesty, once you've installed Kodi you'll want you money back for the Prime TV aspect of it. In respect of films and TV it pisses all over Sky, Netflix, Prime etc.

Ive been playing with XBMC/Kodi for a while now. I've tried most of the 'wizards' etc.

My top tip is get yourself acquainted with your device, find out what you want/dont want and use the addons you need. Ive removed these 'wizard builds' every time as there is just to much going on...IMO obviously

In all honesty, once you've installed Kodi you'll want you money back for the Prime TV aspect of it. In respect of films and TV it pisses all over Sky, Netflix, Prime etc.

You must be on the sales team at KODI young JM... LOL

Rudolf's Mate

You must be on the sales team at KODI young JM... LOL

:rofl: I wish! I'd be a millionaire with the amount of people that must use it now ;)

Rudolf's Mate

What's better to get the Amazon Fire to stick or box?

Box is slightly faster and smoother for me. On top of that you can have a wired connection with the box. If you're unable to hard wire due to your router being too far away then there's little between them tbh.