Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

indianajones
1 hour ago, DesertDawg said:

No reason why not as long as your phone and TV have compatible casting features.  Stay away from microwave ovens and other potential interference sources too.

Cheers Desert. 

Should be all good to go with the Chromecast. I know that some streaming services (mainly SKY) do not function with Chromecast. Thought id check that the HeartsPPV provider doesn't block it too. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi @Laurie, do you know if the St Mirren game is being broadcast via video for international subscribers? Not seeing the "events" tab showing when I log in at the moment 

8 hours ago, SupaJT said:

Hi @Laurie, do you know if the St Mirren game is being broadcast via video for international subscribers? Not seeing the "events" tab showing when I log in at the moment 

Yes, it will be available for international subscribers and audio only in the UK. Rob and I will be live from Paisley on Saturday. 

4 hours ago, Laurie said:

Yes, it will be available for international subscribers and audio only in the UK. Rob and I will be live from Paisley on Saturday. 

Ideal thanks! I can see the events showing now 👍

downunderjambo

hi Laurie   sat being an away game will there be a delayed  replay  or do i have to get up at 2 am.      thanks  dave

• 2 weeks later...
Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Whoever the replacement is shouldn't be thinking about giving up his season ticket anytime soon.

Not a great game but the constantly depressing commentary and criticism of the Hearts' players was dreadful.  It was endless.  I enjoyed the game better once I switched the sound off.  

We're paying for pictures guys.......we don't need a running commentary of every kick with an analysis of what went wrong.  The basics are enough.

3 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Not a great game but the constantly depressing commentary and criticism of the Hearts' players was dreadful.  It was endless.  I enjoyed the game better once I switched the sound off.  

We're paying for pictures guys.......we don't need a running commentary of every kick with an analysis of what went wrong.  The basics are enough.

The feed also goes to UK subscribers which is audio only, that's why they need to provide so much description.

I love Hearts TV and I think Laurie does a fantastic job. I'm not a fan of Fowler though if I'm being honest.

Edited by andrew

If I'd had audio only then I'd probably have felt that it was one of the worst displays ever at Tynecastle.  It wasn't good but it wasn't that bad either with a clean sheet, an excellent goal and another three points on the board.     

10 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

If I'd had audio only then I'd probably have felt that it was one of the worst displays ever at Tynecastle.  It wasn't good but it wasn't that bad either with a clean sheet, an excellent goal and another three points on the board.     

I prefer Sandison to Fowler ("hit, hit, hit" 😄) but I don't think the commentary was overly negative.  Fowler's issue is the thing that probably makes him work on the terrace/etc, he's got that media-trained happy vibe.  Even when he's moaning he kinda sounds like he's smiling.  He's not done the commentary much to grow into it tbf.

Laurie does a great job.  If he's had media training he hides it well, and if he's never had media training he hides it well.  A fine balance between a radge in a pub and a man delighted by the presence of air. 

God knows how you can read a lot of what gets posted on here if you found that commentary negative.

6 hours ago, WageThief said:

I prefer Sandison to Fowler ("hit, hit, hit" 😄) but I don't think the commentary was overly negative.  Fowler's issue is the thing that probably makes him work on the terrace/etc, he's got that media-trained happy vibe.  Even when he's moaning he kinda sounds like he's smiling.  He's not done the commentary much to grow into it tbf.

Laurie does a great job.  If he's had media training he hides it well, and if he's never had media training he hides it well.  A fine balance between a radge in a pub and a man delighted by the presence of air. 

God knows how you can read a lot of what gets posted on here if you found that commentary negative.

I don't! :liesalarm:

Bazzas right boot
On 01/01/2023 at 11:39, indianajones said:

Just bought the PPV. Excited for this one. 

Can anyone tell me if you can cast to the TV via a mobile phone?

You can, but no idea how.

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You can, but no idea how.

It couldnt get it to work for the derby. It kind of felt like it had the same restriction sky put on casting. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

It couldnt get it to work for the derby. It kind of felt like it had the same restriction sky put on casting. 

Maybe it was a dodgy one then but y wife set me up on the TV a couple of times a while back.

I've watched them on the pc recently so not bothered trying.

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Maybe it was a dodgy one then but y wife set me up on the TV a couple of times a while back.

I've watched them on the pc recently so not bothered trying.

Yep PC was what i ended up doing which is fine. Spend half the time jumping up and down anyway so the couch isnt a big deal. 

Will see how we get on with tomorrow nights stream.

On 18/10/2015 at 03:03, CanadianJamTart said:

Is the match on Hearts TV today? Even though it's away?

Live video coverage for International subscribers | Live audio commentary inside the UK & Ireland

Hibs v Hearts event thumbnail

On 14/01/2023 at 09:06, WageThief said:

I love this, may have to update my Twitter bio with this line 😅

larbert_jambo

Quick question without needing to scroll through the pages to find an answer. 

Can I just watch the game on my Android mobile tonight after I have purchased?

2 hours ago, larbert_jambo said:

Quick question without needing to scroll through the pages to find an answer. 

Can I just watch the game on my Android mobile tonight after I have purchased?

You should be able to, although that side of things is outwith my remit! But when I missed a game last season I managed to tune into coverage on my Samsung phone with no issues, and got perfect video plus Rob's commentary. 

Hello everyone. Just after a wee bit of help. My dad has purchased the game on Hearts tv to watch on his smart TV but doesn't know how to access it. How does he do this? Sorry I am over in the West, unfortunately and not there to help. Thanks again in advance 

5 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Hello everyone. Just after a wee bit of help. My dad has purchased the game on Hearts tv to watch on his smart TV but doesn't know how to access it. How does he do this? Sorry I am over in the West, unfortunately and not there to help. Thanks again in advance 

He needs to go to this link and log in. 

https://ppv.heartsfc.co.uk

Has the stream started? my log in page isn't doing anything when I click sign in

Update: Oops. I hadn't checked the T&Cs box

Edited by Ecce Romanov

4 minutes ago, Ecce Romanov said:

Has the stream started? my log in page isn't doing anything when I click sign in

Update: Oops. I hadn't checked the T&Cs box

Scheduled for 15 minutes before K.O.

1 hour ago, Jedigogs said:

Just me or does the last 10/15 mins starts buffering each week?

Nope, never happened for me and I'm in Arizona.  Check out your router firmware and other connections. 

1 hour ago, Heres Rixxy said:

Can someone tell Gary he needs to talk into the mic directly otherwise we don't hear him?...

Odd....I've never had that problem...in fact Gary Wales' analysis has become a "must watch" on Hearts TV match days.

What kind of sound system are you using?

14 hours ago, Laurie said:

I love this, may have to update my Twitter bio with this line 😅

I've been trying to figure out exactly what that means all day!  

Great commentary today as well as the half time and full time presentations.  I had a friend come over to watch as it was lunch time here who was really surprised at the quality of the entire production.

It helped that he was really impressed by the quality of the goals too by comparison with MSL.

Well done!  👍

8 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

I've been trying to figure out exactly what that means all day!  

Great commentary today as well as the half time and full time presentations.  I had a friend come over to watch as it was lunch time here who was really surprised at the quality of the entire production.

It helped that he was really impressed by the quality of the goals too by comparison with MSL.

Well done!  👍

Thanks DD, much appreciated. Glad you, and your friend, enjoyed it! Obviously made a lot easier by a 5-0 win of course... 😁

15 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Odd....I've never had that problem...in fact Gary Wales' analysis has become a "must watch" on Hearts TV match days.

What kind of sound system are you using?

It's not my sound. 

It's when he moves his head usually towards the crowd and forgets to move the mic with his head. It's just the odd words getting dropped now and then. 

4 hours ago, Heres Rixxy said:

It's not my sound. 

It's when he moves his head usually towards the crowd and forgets to move the mic with his head. It's just the odd words getting dropped now and then. 

O.K.  I'll make a point of checking that out on the presentation, which will probably be the Rangers game.

If it is a problem, it should be a simple fix to a change of mic that has a wider receiving pattern.

11 hours ago, Laurie said:

Thanks DD, much appreciated. Glad you, and your friend, enjoyed it! Obviously made a lot easier by a 5-0 win of course... 😁

You're welcome Laurie.  

And I just heard from my son in Edinburgh who watched last night's game for the first time on Hearts TV PPV.

Here's the email that he sent......

"Yep, enjoyed that. Commentary much better than what I'm accustomed to on BBC and Sky.  

Might need to invest in Viaplay on Sunday although I'll be back to poor commentary then."

On 18/01/2023 at 10:59, Laurie said:

You should be able to, although that side of things is outwith my remit! But when I missed a game last season I managed to tune into coverage on my Samsung phone with no issues, and got perfect video plus Rob's commentary. 

I have noticed on replays of games the the image quality is vastly reduced compared to watching it live . Basically the only real complaint I have with Hearts Tv . I would watch a lot more replays if this could be fixed. 

46 minutes ago, 1874 said:

I have noticed on replays of games the the image quality is vastly reduced compared to watching it live . Basically the only real complaint I have with Hearts Tv . I would watch a lot more replays if this could be fixed. 

I just watched the highlights of last night's game on a 36" computer display and couldn't determine any loss of quality by comparison with the original stream. 

Are you casting your relays from a phone?  That may cause a quality deterioration due to differing screen resolutions.

On 19/01/2023 at 16:48, DesertDawg said:

I just watched the highlights of last night's game on a 36" computer display and couldn't determine any loss of quality by comparison with the original stream. 

Are you casting your relays from a phone?  That may cause a quality deterioration due to differing screen resolutions.

No I go through google to the Hearts tv page from my nvidia shield. The quality of player one is only up to 1500 but player two ( that I use for live games is 2015 or something, can’t remember the exact quality. Replays only have option for quality of 1500 

On 19/01/2023 at 16:48, DesertDawg said:

DD you know what I’ll do if I remember, Sunday I’ll take a screen shot and post it , better seeing it than trying to explain it . 

17 hours ago, 1874 said:

DD you know what I’ll do if I remember, Sunday I’ll take a screen shot and post it , better seeing it than trying to explain it . 

Sounds good 1874.

17 hours ago, 1874 said:

No I go through google to the Hearts tv page from my nvidia shield. The quality of player one is only up to 1500 but player two ( that I use for live games is 2015 or something, can’t remember the exact quality. Replays only have option for quality of 1500 

My son used Hearts TV for the first time on Wednesday and was disappointed with the picture quality on his 55" display as the maximum available resolution was only 720.

Moved to his MS Surface and got much better results.

For some reason, I can's post sample pics on here.  Might be a file size limitation.  You might have better luck.

21 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

My son used Hearts TV for the first time on Wednesday and was disappointed with the picture quality on his 55" display as the maximum available resolution was only 720.

Moved to his MS Surface and got much better results.

For some reason, I can's post sample pics on here.  Might be a file size limitation.  You might have better luck.

Your sons got a bigger screen than me!!!!! Bloody kids are spoilt nowadays.

49 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Your sons got a bigger screen than me!!!!! Bloody kids are spoilt nowadays.

Especially if you grow up in Japan.......which he did!

Hearts PPV still says “no forthcoming games”: any way to watch tonight (10pm  Malaysia here?

Edited by Stewart MacD

Maroon Splatoon
5 hours ago, Stewart MacD said:

Hearts PPV still says “no forthcoming games”: any way to watch tonight (10pm  Malaysia here?

It's live on Viaplay. I subscribed for a month as an Amazon Prime channel add-on @ £14.99 rather than faffing about with a separate sub.

A one-month sub will get you up to the fifth round games, assuming they're on Viaplay.

I think you can subscribe directly on their website too.

Summarised here: https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/how-to-watch-hibs-v-hearts

Worthing Jambo
5 hours ago, Stewart MacD said:

Why don’t you subscribe to Hearts TV?

It will be better coverage than Viaplay!