Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

6 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Can't imagine it was a priority with travelling back from Greece and a tough game today.

Let's get the priorities right.

Anyway, you can always watch the pre-game view in a couple of minutes.   

Inclusive of pre-game interview with Naismith. 👍

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, 1874 said:

Anyone else have really bad connection today ? 

O.K. over here in Arizona.  About 7 seconds of buffering on a replay about 16 minutes in. That's all.

Hey DD , I emailed about the HD option , reply was that some people were having issues with the HD connection and until they get that sorted it reverts back to normal. I had a lot of buffering today . 

1 hour ago, 1874 said:

Hey DD , I emailed about the HD option , reply was that some people were having issues with the HD connection and until they get that sorted it reverts back to normal. I had a lot of buffering today . 

Thanks for the HD info.

Seems that your experience today was the reverse of mine about 3 weeks ago.  If the HD option is causing problems that would explain it but that doesn't seem to be the case if the HD option wasn't available today.

Did you try any other European streams to check for buffering problems today? 

I did do a thorough virus check and tracking cookie removal yesterday which may well have helped.   

23 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Thanks for the HD info.

Seems that your experience today was the reverse of mine about 3 weeks ago.  If the HD option is causing problems that would explain it but that doesn't seem to be the case if the HD option wasn't available today.

Did you try any other European streams to check for buffering problems today? 

I did do a thorough virus check and tracking cookie removal yesterday which may well have helped.   

I’m beginning to think it was maybe my end , not sure why though . When I had option of HD it worked perfectly for me . All good though as the performances lately have made my eyes bleed .. lol 

3 hours ago, 1874 said:

I’m beginning to think it was maybe my end , not sure why though . When I had option of HD it worked perfectly for me . All good though as the performances lately have made my eyes bleed .. lol 

Doesn't have to be directly at your end.....often it's a regional or local ISP problem.  Sometimes a VPN might work around it but that's pretty hit and miss as you're still dependent upon the local carrier for your signal.  If it happens again, you can always verify your streaming signal with a cell phone NOT set to local wi-fi.  

Recent performances?  None of the Scottish teams in Europe did well last week and carried that form through to the Sunday games.  It wasn't much fun but I've seen a LOT worse!

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/09/2023 at 10:13, 1874 said:

The whole production went well today with the Craig Gordon pre and post game analyses, the half time Jimmy Sandison review and the glitch free stream with good replays as well as Laurie's excellent commentary (including an over the top reaction to Vargas hitting the post!) and a decent win.

👍  :sheep:

4 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

The whole production went well today with the Craig Gordon pre and post game analyses, the half time Jimmy Sandison review and the glitch free stream with good replays as well as Laurie's excellent commentary (including an over the top reaction to Vargas hitting the post!) and a decent win.

👍  :sheep:

Was also ok for me DD , couple of glitches with buffering but nothing drastic 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, japanjambo said:

How much does Hearts TV international cost? And where is it on the website. Can't find it anywhere.

£12.99 a month.  

Register here.  https://heartstv.heartsfc.co.uk/

Meantime, here are some Hearts TV "freeview" video links.

https://heartstv.heartsfc.co.uk/videos?freeview=true

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

You two should be made to listen to your commentary of the Well game and decide which team your working for. 

How do you mean?

I thought Hearts were good today, we were pretty complimentary throughout. First half was the best I'd seen us play for a while, a very cohesive performance with all aspects of our play linking together well - and actually attacking with some purpose.

In terms of the penalty claims, we both thought the Boyce one looked like a penalty, and even when the replays we got weren't conclusive on contact (as I mentioned on commentary, we don't get a great feed for replays at times - as we are reliant on stadium wifi) we said at the very least it was dangerous play (like the one given against Shankland second half). The second incident again we both felt it looked a penalty on Shanks on first viewing, but we didn't get a conclusive replay. Rob mentioned based on what we saw they're subjective calls, I haven't seen the Shankland one again but having seen more of the Boyce one I think our first instincts were correct.

Folk will always have different views on things, I had some folk messaging me at half time saying the contact wasn't clear for the Boyce one - and they'd been watching at home with a proper quality replay. 

I can assure you we were supporting Hearts today as much as anyone, but we can only give our opinion on things - and sometimes we don't have much more than our first view to go by. 

Overall I enjoyed today's game and thought we were pretty positive about Hearts, it certainly felt that way anyway! 

47 minutes ago, Laurie said:

How do you mean?

I thought Hearts were good today, we were pretty complimentary throughout. First half was the best I'd seen us play for a while, a very cohesive performance with all aspects of our play linking together well - and actually attacking with some purpose.

In terms of the penalty claims, we both thought the Boyce one looked like a penalty, and even when the replays we got weren't conclusive on contact (as I mentioned on commentary, we don't get a great feed for replays at times - as we are reliant on stadium wifi) we said at the very least it was dangerous play (like the one given against Shankland second half). The second incident again we both felt it looked a penalty on Shanks on first viewing, but we didn't get a conclusive replay. Rob mentioned based on what we saw they're subjective calls, I haven't seen the Shankland one again but having seen more of the Boyce one I think our first instincts were correct.

Folk will always have different views on things, I had some folk messaging me at half time saying the contact wasn't clear for the Boyce one - and they'd been watching at home with a proper quality replay. 

I can assure you we were supporting Hearts today as much as anyone, but we can only give our opinion on things - and sometimes we don't have much more than our first view to go by. 

Overall I enjoyed today's game and thought we were pretty positive about Hearts, it certainly felt that way anyway! 

There were times in the 2nd half particularly when it was Motherwell this, Motherwell that, just about drove me nuts (TBH Not so much you, Laurie)   It came across , "What Motherwell need etc., etc."

There are times when commentating you can be over-reasonable to the other team.  

At the first penalty we could have done with a wee bit of outrage, validated by photographs by the way.   It's hard to believe it wasn't given, except that when in Lanarkshire.....

Worthing Jambo

Sorry Colin, but Laurie and Rob always give it as they see it.

They didn’t have the replays we saw.

The problem is, that last week, both would have been given, had it been against us.

Try listening to any other spfl team commentators and you'll very quickly appreciate the less fanatical or overly biased commentary style of Laurie and Rob.

1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

Try listening to any other spfl team commentators and you'll very quickly appreciate the less fanatical or overly biased commentary style of Laurie and Rob.

👍👍👍:sheep:

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/11/2023 at 08:16, Gorgierools said:

This 100%

On 11/11/2023 at 14:58, colinmaroon said:

There were times in the 2nd half particularly when it was Motherwell this, Motherwell that, just about drove me nuts (TBH Not so much you, Laurie)   It came across , "What Motherwell need etc., etc."

There are times when commentating you can be over-reasonable to the other team.  

At the first penalty we could have done with a wee bit of outrage, validated by photographs by the way.   It's hard to believe it wasn't given, except that when in Lanarkshire.....

You got that one wrong Colin.  It happens.  I too thought that the commentary was maybe somewhat vague about the penalty decisions during the game but, given the circumstances with the tablet size monitors that the team were given, I really wasn't that surprised.  In fact, after the event, if you watch the highlights, the commentary isn't that bad at all. 

14 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

You got that one wrong Colin.  It happens.  I too thought that the commentary was maybe somewhat vague about the penalty decisions during the game but, given the circumstances with the tablet size monitors that the team were given, I really wasn't that surprised.  In fact, after the event, if you watch the highlights, the commentary isn't that bad at all. 

OK but highlights are not a good way of verifying 90 mins.  It was a particular point in the game where it was almost like a eulogy of Well? Player? 

It's all gone now and it must be difficult with their monitors. However, I think we must be the "nicest" Club TV in the universe. 

I'm delighted they pay such close attention to Paul's teaching in Romans 12.  My escape into this dark world on Kickback has been found out and I repent in sack cloth and ashes. 

PS The referee was still utter crap. 

6 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

OK but highlights are not a good way of verifying 90 mins.  It was a particular point in the game where it was almost like a eulogy of Well? Player? 

It's all gone now and it must be difficult with their monitors. However, I think we must be the "nicest" Club TV in the universe. 

I'm delighted they pay such close attention to Paul's teaching in Romans 12.  My escape into this dark world on Kickback has been found out and I repent in sack cloth and ashes. 

PS The referee was still utter crap. 

I watched the 90 minutes and the highlights.  

"PS The referee was still utter crap."  👍 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a couple of issues.  One buffering issue early in the first half when we were on top, which got me mad, but a log out of the Chrome browser, then back inm picked up the live stream again.

It happened again in the second half with a replay shot so I figured that it was a local issue as I also had trouble logging into the BBC WEB site to see the other scores and a buddy in Atlanta wasn't having any trouble on fawanews.com.

Re-booted my wi-fi router after the game was over and everything has been good since then.

It happens.  Figuring out a solution is always important.

One for Laurie.........great commentary from Jimmy and you again tonight but where were the pre-match and half-time reviews?  Does Gary Wales only get a seat for Saturday fixtures? 

Worthing Jambo
6 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

One for Laurie.........great commentary from Jimmy and you again tonight but where were the pre-match and half-time reviews?  Does Gary Wales only get a seat for Saturday fixtures? 

They get kicked out the studio when TV turn up.

2 hours ago, 1874 said:

Anyone got sound ? 

Came on right on kick off.  Laurie mentioned a studio audio problem in his commentary.

1 minute ago, DesertDawg said:

Came on right on kick off.  Laurie mentioned a studio audio problem in his commentary.

Ye finally got it working DD 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Lost the stream on 41.30.  Anybody else?

Yip I lost it to , actually the video quality dropped dramatically, I had to refresh to get it back to 720 

1 hour ago, 1874 said:

Yip I lost it to , actually the video quality dropped dramatically, I had to refresh to get it back to 720 

Me too.  It dropped out again on 88 minutes.  A refresh brought it back up but from then on, the maximum video resolution was only 360.

Definitely seems to have been some trouble at the source.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to you and all other Hearts TV subscribers.  

18 hours ago, 1874 said:

Got this response from "support."  They don't know anything about it.  ☹️

We received no emails with your issue from anyone else during the match. We also monitor both the input and output of the broadcast and we had no issues from our end.

Hopefully it was just a local issue and it will be resolved ahead of the next match.

Kind regards

Hearts TV Support

Not sure how they see Ottawa and Sedona, AZ as "local."  🙄

13 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Got this response from "support."  They don't know anything about it.  ☹️

We received no emails with your issue from anyone else during the match. We also monitor both the input and output of the broadcast and we had no issues from our end.

Hopefully it was just a local issue and it will be resolved ahead of the next match.

Kind regards

Hearts TV Support

Not sure how they see Ottawa and Sedona, AZ as "local."  🙄

It's local for you. 😄

6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

It's local for you. 😄

Hi Dave,

According to Google Maps it's 2,439 miles and takes 36 hours to drive.  Have you migrated to Siberia?  🌏

Anyway, Merry Christmas!

12 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Hi Dave,

According to Google Maps it's 2,439 miles and takes 36 hours to drive.  Have you migrated to Siberia?  🌏

Anyway, Merry Christmas!

And to you. 😄

On 24/12/2023 at 17:27, DesertDawg said:

👍  We'll all be back on Hearts TV on Wednesday. 

Merry Christmas DD and Dave  , gave me a little chuckle there .. lol 

On 26/12/2023 at 12:40, 1874 said:

Merry Christmas DD and Dave  , gave me a little chuckle there .. lol 

Pic froze on 43 minutes for me.  Like Saturday, a refresh got it going again.

Anything happen up your way?

3 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Pic froze on 43 minutes for me.  Like Saturday, a refresh got it going again.

Anything happen up your way?

Nothing here , was all good the whole match 

49 minutes ago, 1874 said:

Nothing here , was all good the whole match 

Tks.  Must be local after all then.  Dropped out again here on 88 Minutes but, with a lot of "twiddling" was able to get it back up in time for Shankland's goal! 

• 4 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

I guess the Spartans goal broke the TV feed?

Yip mine to