Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

From the club twatter-

"Folks we're really sorry for the technical issues with Hearts TV, our streaming partners are working to resolve them.".

Get tae ****. Every game last year in the championship was the same. They're ****in chronic.

Pish utter pish watched all Hearts away games on ppv, last game of the year and Hearts TV **** up again.

I'm getting a message saying I need to subscribe to watch live events, but I'm a season ticket holder and it's always worked perfectly for me before... is anyone else getting the same?

Completely unacceptable.  I assume that the fault is with our service provider.  If we don't have an agreement that sees them gone  and refunding the club (and preferably paying the cost of reprocurement), it was not well negotiated.

Hearts. Please focus on your media channels. It’s all a bit sloppy and haphazard. Properly done, you could make good money out of such a service. As it is now done, I’m afraid you just piss people of and lead them to cancelling. 

1 hour ago, twjambo said:

Hearts. Please focus on your media channels. It’s all a bit sloppy and haphazard. Properly done, you could make good money out of such a service. As it is now done, I’m afraid you just piss people of and lead them to cancelling. 

Something odd going on here but not at the Hearts TV stream source since  I was watching from 6,000 miles away in Northern Arizona and, apart from being asked to log in twice before the game, had a flawless audio and video stream for the whole game together with the half time and full time reviews.

Clearly there were a lot more local stream viewers today, due to the stadium fan limit, which points to any interruptions being due to local traffic problems with some ISPs.

25 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Something odd going on here but not at the Hearts TV stream source since  I was watching from 6,000 miles away in Northern Arizona and, apart from being asked to log in twice before the game, had a flawless audio and video stream for the whole game together with the half time and full time reviews.

Clearly there were a lot more local stream viewers today, due to the stadium fan limit, which points to any interruptions being due to local traffic problems with some ISPs.

So its ok in Arizona but not in Scotland on Sky, BT, Virgin or any other BB provider.

Shite service 35 mins into a game and its not the first time. 

19 minutes ago, bawheed said:

So its ok in Arizona but not in Scotland on Sky, BT, Virgin or any other BB provider.

Shite service 35 mins into a game and its not the first time. 

Certainly seems to be that way.  

Aside from a ten minute drop out the stream I had, accessing from Linlithgow was excellent. Just a shame it was ten minutes of the first half rather than ten minutes of the second! 

In terms of the quality of the commentary I think that hearts have one of the best teams in Scotland. Anyone who has had the misfortune to listen to RedTV or Celtic TV commentary will be aware of how sycophantic some in-house teams can be, and it makes it unlistenable. I like a decent amount of hearts bias, but I don't expect the team to say every tackle against us should be a foul, which is what RedTV commentary has felt like to me when watching us vs the sheep 

26 minutes ago, SupaJT said:

Aside from a ten minute drop out the stream I had, accessing from Linlithgow was excellent. Just a shame it was ten minutes of the first half rather than ten minutes of the second! 

In terms of the quality of the commentary I think that hearts have one of the best teams in Scotland. Anyone who has had the misfortune to listen to RedTV or Celtic TV commentary will be aware of how sycophantic some in-house teams can be, and it makes it unlistenable. I like a decent amount of hearts bias, but I don't expect the team to say every tackle against us should be a foul, which is what RedTV commentary has felt like to me when watching us vs the sheep 

No other SPFL team have this problem so "Aside from a ten minute drop out" is not good enough in a live match.

I agree a ten minute drop out isn't great, but I think the quality of the presentation and commentary team is good when there aren't any technical hitches. Do we know if other SPFL clubs have this issue? I thought most have their TV service run by the same provider, and that was why you can get the away matches on International 

• 4 weeks later...

Presentation continues to improve with a very good preview tonight including, Robbie, Ginnelly and Savage.

2 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Presentation continues to improve with a very good preview tonight including, Robbie, Ginnelly and Savage.

Yes it does. 

Busby nets the rebound

Quality tonight was very poor. Stuttering stop start. Blew you out for coverage on an illegal stream (Hesgoal) It didn't miss a beat. Come on guys..     

The whole production was very good including the half time and post game highlights and reviews.  Pity about the 5 second stream glitch in the first half when Kingsley had a shot but it turned out to be a minor issue.

Commentary team excellent as usual.  

Worthing Jambo
17 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

The whole production was very good including the half time and post game highlights and reviews.  Pity about the 5 second stream glitch in the first half when Kingsley had a shot but it turned out to be a minor issue.

Commentary team excellent as usual.  

Laurie will have to stop kicking every ball during commentary and pulling the connectors out.

At least he knows what the problem is now😁

Perfect stream here👍

1 minute ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Laurie will have to stop kicking every ball during commentary and pulling the connectors out.

At least he knows what the problem is now😁

Perfect stream here👍

That did actually happen, once 😅

Worthing Jambo
2 minutes ago, Laurie said:

That did actually happen, once 😅

I know, I heard you mention it on the podcast. I thought that may have been the reason it came back on so quick tonight😉

Can anyone tell me if the Auchenleck game is on HeartsTV international? I can’t find it on the main site

31 minutes ago, trigger21 said:

Can anyone tell me if the Auchenleck game is on HeartsTV international? I can’t find it on the main site

According to the Hearts TV site its live video for international subscribers. 

The ungodly hour of 5.45am for me in a freezing northern Arizona with the early kick-off but a late nice late Saturday night in Sydney for you.  😎

47 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

According to the Hearts TV site its live video for international subscribers. 

The ungodly hour of 5.45am for me in a freezing northern Arizona with the early kick-off but a late nice late Saturday night in Sydney for you.  😎

Thanks mate, I see it on the HeartsTV site now.

I’m in NZ now so it’s an even better KO time

Excellent commentary, half time and full time analysis from the guys today with very good and balanced interpretation of the play and players of both sides in a game that was really quite difficult to commentate upon due to its' one sided nature and bizarre officiating.  Very well done.

We've had our ups and downs with many of the Hearts TV streams over the last few years but this was a very professional performance today.   

On 22/01/2022 at 09:31, DesertDawg said:

Excellent commentary, half time and full time analysis from the guys today with very good and balanced interpretation of the play and players of both sides in a game that was really quite difficult to commentate upon due to its' one sided nature and bizarre officiating.  Very well done.

We've had our ups and downs with many of the Hearts TV streams over the last few years but this was a very professional performance today.   

From Gary apologizing to Mark for swearing by saying ****, I'm sorry, it just slipped out, **** sorry, I did it again,😁 to now (I thought they were so much fun and I have so many wonderful memories of listening to them). You are right, it's been quite the journey. I'm sure a wee swearword now and then would still be ok though. Come on Jimmy, I know you can do it.😀. What we have now is very good indeed and when you add in being able to watch the game, It is wonderful. Thanks to all involved, big time.   

Quick question...I can't get to the game today. Does the code  given previously for Boxing Day game apply for the whole season ticket or is it unique to individual game?

Cheers.

4 minutes ago, stan said:

Quick question...I can't get to the game today. Does the code  given previously for Boxing Day game apply for the whole season ticket or is it unique to individual game?

Cheers.

You just need to log in to Hearts TV as you did on Boxing Day. 

7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

You just need to log in to Hearts TV as you did on Boxing Day. 

Cheers for the earlier reply. 👍

8 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Anyone getting video from ER yet?

Yes......just logged in.  Laurie and Jimmy commentating tonight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Disser Pointon said:

Terrible picture today.

Don't see any picture problems here in Northern Arizona apart from endless pics of the St.Mirren manager.

Nice precise and factual commentary today from Robert Borthwick which is tough for him to do when he's on his own and not even at the game.

50 minutes ago, Disser Pointon said:

Terrible picture today.

It's almost like watching through a wide angle lens in Western Australia tonight, missing Laurie & Sando , although this guy is doing well being on his jack

Season Ticket Holder... Cant go to the game tonight v Aberdeen how do I obtain a code to watch it on Hearts TV ? 

Don't want to trawl through this thread looking for instructions as there's so many pages so can anyone guide me in the right direction ? 

Cheers

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

I've tried searching through this thread but can't find an answer (and was beginning to lose the will to live) so I'll ask here instead.

Normally, the PPV stream has a warning that the stream is not available to anyone in England. However, there's nothing about this on any part of the Hearts TV PPV information for tonight's game against Aberdeen.  Questions are:

1. Is this just a mistake of omission, so I still can't pay and watch?

2. If it is but I try to buy, will I be able to? And what happens if I'm successful? Do they refund? Does the money go to the club, even if I can't watch?

3. Should I just not bother? I can still listen to @Laurie and Jimmy's commentary.

I should say that aware of VPN options but I'm not very well at the moment and not going to manage anything IT complicated.

Thanks for any advice.

1 hour ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

I've tried searching through this thread but can't find an answer (and was beginning to lose the will to live) so I'll ask here instead.

Normally, the PPV stream has a warning that the stream is not available to anyone in England. However, there's nothing about this on any part of the Hearts TV PPV information for tonight's game against Aberdeen.  Questions are:

2. If it is but I try to buy, will I be able to? And what happens if I'm successful? Do they refund? Does the money go to the club, even if I can't watch?

3. Should I just not bother? I can still listen to @Laurie and Jimmy's commentary.

I should say that aware of VPN options but I'm not very well at the moment and not going to manage anything IT complicated.

Thanks for any advice.

davemclaren
5 hours ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Thanks for any advice.

Only Saturdays at 3pm afaik. 

Good half time and full time reviews from Gary Wales tonight.  Get him signed up for more.  👍