Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey folks,

In case anyone missed the club update (below), we are unable to show the Europa League matches on Hearts TV; so it will be audio only for UK and international tomorrow night. 

We're unable to cover the away games at all, but all of the matches will be on BT Sport; so hopefully that means there will be some other broadcasters providing a feed outside of the UK too. 

Hearts kick off the UEFA Europa Conference League group stage by hosting İstanbul Başakşehir on Thursday.

The Jambos take on the Turkish Süper Lig side in a 5.45pm kick-off at Tynecastle Park.

Can’t make the game? Here’s how you can keep up to date with all of the action.

TV

The match will be shown live on BT Sport. As the competition’s host UK broadcaster, every Hearts group stage game will be live on BT Sport.

Hearts TV subscribers can listen to live audio coverage from 5.30pm with Laurie Dunsire and Jimmy Sandison.

Please note that due to broadcasting restrictions, Hearts TV cannot show live match footage.

Does anybody know if the BT Sport feeds can be paused to synch with the HW commentary (assuming the BT Sport is ahead of HW)? Prefer listening to Laurie and Jimmy than anybody else.

Seems to be blocked by UEFA on all channels except the ones, like BT Sport, who have bought the rights.

This is a nonsense decision which does nothing to expand the overseas knowledge of clubs participating in the Conference League.  Another money making scam, no doubt with kickbacks, just like the Blatter days at FIFA.  

On the upside, just like the FC Zurich game in Switzerland, live streams will be about in places like Vietnam and Thailand which can be synced with Laurie's commentary.

1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

Once again, after a crappy performance, no post match interview. Bottled it?

GR, I guess that you haven't seen this?

"Under UEFA instructions following the death of the Queen, the media conference was restricted to just two questions for each manager and the mixed zone for journalists to interview players was scrapped.

802139419_b25lY21zOjY4ZjBmOWU2LTFkN2YtNGNiOC05YmRmLTZkNTZmY2MzZTEyNTpiZDgzNjdmZi04ODJmLTQ4YTAtYWU5ZS05NjY1MTM4MDcxNDU.jpg.8e4c51bb7d01263e42c0824881053c6a.jpg

2 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

GR, I guess that you haven't seen this?

"Under UEFA instructions following the death of the Queen, the media conference was restricted to just two questions for each manager and the mixed zone for journalists to interview players was scrapped.

802139419_b25lY21zOjY4ZjBmOWU2LTFkN2YtNGNiOC05YmRmLTZkNTZmY2MzZTEyNTpiZDgzNjdmZi04ODJmLTQ4YTAtYWU5ZS05NjY1MTM4MDcxNDU.jpg.8e4c51bb7d01263e42c0824881053c6a.jpg

Sorry, no I didn't.  I withdraw my accusation. 

It wasn't publicised much since the U.K. press seems only to be running Royal family stuff for the forseeable future.

Anyway, much more concerning are the UEFA restrictions being placed on club membership streaming services like Hearts TV.  (see Laurie's post above)

UEFA is enforcing ownership rights of broadcasts then selling the rights to selected broadcasters.  In the U.K. that is BT Sport but I was able to get it on Vix TV Deportes streaming service with just stadium audio, no commentary. I tried syncing the Hearts TV audio commentary but ran out of time before the game kicked off.

For those of us in North America this is now, since earlier this year, one of the best places to see live European games although at a fee of $6.99 per month.  Full details here......

ViX is an over-the-top streaming service owned and operated by TelevisaUnivision. The service primarily shows content from Televisa and other third-party content providers, including television series, movies, and sports programming. Originally launched as PrendeTV on 30 March 2021,[4][5] the service was expanded and rebranded as ViX on 31 March 2022. 

On January 13, 2021, Univision said that Prende TV would be launched in the first quarter of 2021.[On March 30, 2021, Univision launched their ad-supported streaming service. On May 3, 2021, Univision announced that it had acquired the television rights for Euro Cup 2020 for Prende TV and TUDN and Univision also acquired rights for Brazilian and Argentine leagues. TelevisaUnivision launched a new streaming service by bringing together Prende TV, ViX, Univision Now, and Blim TV under one name in 2022. The premium tier, Vix+, which includes premium series & films, along with live sporting events, including FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 for Mexican audiences, launched on July 21, 2022.

United States

Event Broadcast partner(s) Dates Notes
Football
Liga MX Univision, UniMás, TUDN 2022–; Select games
Liga MX Femenil TUDN 2022–; Select games
Liga de Expansión MX TUDN 2022–; Select games
UEFA Champions League Univision, UniMás, TUDN 2022–;  
UEFA Europa League Univision, UniMás, TUDN 2022–;  
UEFA Europa Conference League Univision, UniMás, TUDN 2022–;  
UEFA Nations League Univision, UniMás, TUDN 2022–;  
UEFA International Friendlies Univision, UniMás, TUDN 2022–;  
UEFA European Championship Univision, UniMás, TUDN 2024–;  
UEFA European Championship qualifying Univision, UniMás, TUDN 2023–;  
Argentine Primera División   2022–; Select matches
Brasileirão   2022–; Select matches
Peruvian Primera División   2022–; Select matches
Categoría Primera A   2022–; Select matches
CONCACAF Nations League   2022–; Select matches
CONCACAF Gold Cup Univision, UniMás, TUDN 2023–;  
CONCACAF W Championship TUDN 2022–;  
Campeones Cup TUDN 2022–;

UEFA have also sold U.S. select game rights to ESPN which works well if you're lucky enough to  want to see a "selected game," and all U.S. game rights to Paramount+ streaming service but my experience there has not been good.  The last time I tried it my bank stopped my credit card transaction as "fraudulent!"

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick word for Laurie and Jimmy for keeping the commentary on Hearts TV today interesting despite the underlying feeling that they'd rather have gone home.

Well gone again guys, many of us stuck it out to the end too.

4 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

Are we getting video for international viewers today?

Kilmarnock v Hearts

Live video coverage from Rugby Park for international subscribers | Live audio coverage available inside UK & Ireland

8 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Kilmarnock v Hearts

Live video coverage from Rugby Park for international subscribers | Live audio coverage available inside UK & Ireland

Preview on now.

• 2 weeks later...

So, who has the video rights for tonight's game?  Fiorentina and other Conference League games live on Vix TV here but nothing from Tynecastle.

DUE TO RIGHTS HOLDERS WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO PROVIDE AUDIO COMMENTARY FOR THE MATCH AGAINST RFS TO ALL SUBSCRIBERS. THERE IS NO SEASON TICKET ACCESS AND NO PPV

So, who has the TV rights for tonight's gamE?

4 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

So, who has the video rights for tonight's game?  Fiorentina and other Conference League games live on Vix TV here but nothing from Tynecastle.

DUE TO RIGHTS HOLDERS WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO PROVIDE AUDIO COMMENTARY FOR THE MATCH AGAINST RFS TO ALL SUBSCRIBERS. THERE IS NO SEASON TICKET ACCESS AND NO PPV

So, who has the TV rights for tonight's gamE?

Uefa. 

Probably due to the nonsense broadcasting rights allowed to the purchaser, in this case, BT Sport, which do nothing to advertise the Scottish or Latvian leagues outside of their home countries.

After the game I did see that North American fans could have watched it on Paramount+ except that their online credit card purchase system for one game never works.  ☹️

Thanks to those Kickback users who posted links, the game was seen clearly on a BT Stream, the highlights of which you can see here....with audio!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMyDMsN43WU

This event will be live in in

24 Minutes, 23 Seconds

Please note:

A holding graphic is in place until the live stream starts.

This is to allow subscribers the opportunity to connect and test their streams ahead of the action.

IT IS 09:50 HERE IN THE US AND THIS IS ON THE SCREEN............. WTF

7 minutes ago, billyG said:

This event will be live in in

24 Minutes, 23 Seconds

Please note:

A holding graphic is in place until the live stream starts.

This is to allow subscribers the opportunity to connect and test their streams ahead of the action.

IT IS 09:50 HERE IN THE US AND THIS IS ON THE SCREEN............. WTF

Forgotten that daylight saving ended in the U.K. last night?

On 27/10/2022 at 15:18, davemclaren said:

Uefa. 

Yes, Dave but sold on, it seems, exclusively to BT Sport.  Mo matter, there were plenty of BT Sport live streams around with good audio and video apart from some buffering issues from time to time.

• 1 month later...

Excellent half-time and full time analysis again today by Robert Borthwick and Gary Wales.  

Smartened up the appearance today too guys....well done!

I've had my complaints about Hearts TV over the years but it has now turned into a pretty slick production.  New lighting on the pitch has helped the picture quality too.

I've been impressed by Robert Borthwick's analysis over the last couple of season's but yesterday was very poor.  It was mentioned during the Hearts TV stream that the commentary team were stuck with a tiny display in the press box and that the picture on that was clearer than the view through the windows until the floodlights finally came on so maybe some allowance should be made for that.

The reaction to the extra time penalty kick was bizarre though but maybe just disbelief that it was actually given bearing in mind what had gone on previously.  On my screen Shankland was grabbed around the neck, his shirt pulled then pushed to the ground.  That's a foul anywhere on the pitch for me.

Anyway,  I'll treat this one as a blip guys.  Let's get back to normal for January 2nd.

9 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

I've been impressed by Robert Borthwick's analysis over the last couple of season's but yesterday was very poor.  It was mentioned during the Hearts TV stream that the commentary team were stuck with a tiny display in the press box and that the picture on that was clearer than the view through the windows until the floodlights finally came on so maybe some allowance should be made for that.

The reaction to the extra time penalty kick was bizarre though but maybe just disbelief that it was actually given bearing in mind what had gone on previously.  On my screen Shankland was grabbed around the neck, his shirt pulled then pushed to the ground.  That's a foul anywhere on the pitch for me.

Anyway,  I'll treat this one as a blip guys.  Let's get back to normal for January 2nd.

Even commentators are allowed opinions. And they may not be popular. 

Samuel Camazzola

QQ regarding the PPV option (which may have been covered dozens of times and also seem obvious)... 

If the game pass us purchased online, to view this on a big screen is it just a case of going to ppv.heartsfc on a smart TV and inputting login credentials? Or is there more to it? 

2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

QQ regarding the PPV option (which may have been covered dozens of times and also seem obvious)... 

If the game pass us purchased online, to view this on a big screen is it just a case of going to ppv.heartsfc on a smart TV and inputting login credentials? Or is there more to it? 

Works fine on a smart tv.  

Hello,

Looking for any suggestions for IPTV providers that would have channels with Hearts football club available.  Or am I best served to just get the ppv?

Francis Albert

Again probably asked a hundred times before but do you have to register separately for PPV? I assumed you could get to PPV through normal Hearts TV log in but apparently not.

And having just tried to register for Hearts PPV I can't because me email address has already been used!

Edited by Francis Albert

31 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Again probably asked a hundred times before but do you have to register separately for PPV? I assumed you could get to PPV through normal Hearts TV log in but apparently not.

And having just tried to register for Hearts PPV I can't because me email address has already been used!

Try the forgot password for the PPV site and stick in your email

Francis Albert
13 minutes ago, kila said:

I am not sure I have ever registered for PPV assuming it is a deaparate registration from Hearts TV iself. I have tried resetting my user name and password but just "invalid credentials" response when I use the reset. Suspect I have just buggered up my access to Hearts TV now. 

Francis Albert
48 minutes ago, kila said:

Having followed your advice correctly all is well. Thanks for advice. I admit to being a tecnnophobe but I find the Hearts web site paricularly trying. 

3 hours ago, indianajones said:

Just bought the PPV. Excited for this one. 

Can anyone tell me if you can cast to the TV via a mobile phone?

No reason why not as long as your phone and TV have compatible casting features.  Stay away from microwave ovens and other potential interference sources too.