Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Hearts don’t own the TV rights to Thursday’s match. 

O.K.  Then who does?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Correct. 

So Dave, you're saying that FC Zurich sold the TV rights to BBC Scotland exclusively or are there still other viewing options?

3 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

So Dave, you're saying that FC Zurich sold the TV rights to BBC Scotland exclusively or are there still other viewing options?

I would guess they’ve sold international rights to someone else. 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I would guess they’ve sold international rights to someone else. 🤷‍♂️

That would be my guess too.  Any ideas Laurie?

So far, the usual sports channels here in either English or Spanish are not listing any of the Europa League play-off games, just today's Champions League play-offs which makes you wonder if the rights are actually held by UEFA especially since Laurie mentioned earlier that the rights question becomes easier in the group stages.

Of course, if that's the case, then it raises the question of the TV rights for next week's return Europa play-off game at Tynecastle?

I don't know the finer details to be honest, so don't want to speculate too much - as I'm not directly involved. But I was told the clubs can sell the rights for the play-off games, but it's not the same in the groups. And by that, I believe it's the home clubs - so hopefully we'll have coverage of the second leg, I mentioned on Twitter that we should be showing it but I'm aware I've already jumped the gun previously so don't want to mislead anyone as I think there is still some organising to do behind the scenes. 

I know that's still a bit vague, but I don't want to start confirming things that I'm not involved in - so will await a confirmation about next week from the club, which will hopefully clarify matters ahead of the home game.

Thanks Laurie,

Then I assume that Thursday's game rights have been sold by FC Zurich to more buyers than BBC Scotland.  Any way we can find out from Zurich who else will be broadcasting the game or maybe they have a PPV scheme? 

Laurie, I appreciate you providing some information. Thank you. We know Hearts will try their best to accommodate us but it would be nice if the club communicated the situation as you have done, ahead of time, just so we know where we stand and can try to find a back up plan.

Really, really hope we can at least get to see the return leg!!

1 hour ago, jamienick said:

This morning, from the horses mouth, so to speak ......

Hello Mr. Grant,
We won't show the game on our website, but you can watch it with a VPN access here: https://www.srf.ch/sport/resultcenter/results#/live/football/1759304.

Hope this helps some of you guys

Tks, that's useful.

There appears to be live streams like these on YouTube but who knows what they're like until K.O.

3 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Good informative commentary from Laurie and Robert today especially with no video monitors. 

Considering Laurie had no idea who was playing or who was officiating 🤣

1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

Considering Laurie had no idea who was playing or who was officiating 🤣

He did say that the numbers on these hooped jerseys were hard to read from a distance but quoting the fourth official on the ball was a classic.  Maybe that was just a premonition of what was to come from Clancy in the second half?

4 hours ago, fila said:

Get in there , alarm set for 4am it is then 

Plenty of interest. Had a couple of calls from non-Hearts TV subscribers asking how to sign up for this game.  🦵

5 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Plenty of interest. Had a couple of calls from non-Hearts TV subscribers asking how to sign up for this game.  🦵

Would have been gutted to miss watching this live 

1 hour ago, Heres Rixxy said:

The game is on Hearts TV today right?

Hearts v FC Zurich event thumbnail

HEARTS V FC ZURICH

Live video coverage from Tynecastle for international subscribers | Live audio commentary available inside the UK & Ireland

AUG 25TH 2022, 11:15 AM

On 30/07/2022 at 08:13, maroon said:

On holiday for today’s game, is it possible to get a one off HeartsTv international pass to watch it ? 

I think you can sign up (for month) and then cancel.

Just now, colinmaroon said:

I think you can sign up (for month) and then cancel.

Oops, just saw date of post!

Another good game analysis today by Robert Borthwick and Gary Wales.  Really adds to the online TV experience.

11 hours ago, connlach said:

Good coverage today. Will we have the Livingston game next weekend?

Will we have the Kilmarnock game? 

We'll continue to show all league matches for international subscribers, with audio only in the UK. If domestic cup matches are at home, we'll definitely be able to show them. Away cup games could be a different matter; but it will depend on the stadium, facilities and broadcasting arrangements. 

I don't have any word on the Europa group games yet, but I know the club are looking into it and awaiting confirmation on what we're able, or not able, to broadcast. 

2 hours ago, Laurie said:

We'll continue to show all league matches for international subscribers, with audio only in the UK. If domestic cup matches are at home, we'll definitely be able to show them. Away cup games could be a different matter; but it will depend on the stadium, facilities and broadcasting arrangements. 

I don't have any word on the Europa group games yet, but I know the club are looking into it and awaiting confirmation on what we're able, or not able, to broadcast. 

Thanks for the update Laurie. That's appreciated and a great service and coverage these days.

From recent chat above, still wondering if that means that PPV will be available in UK for Hearts - Kilmarnock?

Apologies if being dumb...

1 hour ago, Knicksen said:

From recent chat above, still wondering if that means that PPV will be available in UK for Hearts - Kilmarnock?

Apologies if being dumb...

HEARTS V KILMARNOCK

Live video coverage from Tynecastle for international subscribers | Live audio commentary inside the UK & Ireland

1 hour ago, DesertDawg said:

HEARTS V KILMARNOCK

Live video coverage from Tynecastle for international subscribers | Live audio commentary inside the UK & Ireland

Ta DD, hadn't spotted that.

Yeah...went down here too but, yes, we've got the Livi commentary now.  There were problems with the Hearts TV audio feed.