Hearts TV/ppv thread.. Q's and A's here.

BM1874

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DesertDawg

• Neon

• Laurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kalamazoo Jambo
10 minutes ago, strophic said:

everyone else's picture quite choppy too, or is that the browser in my tv?

Picture has been OK for me.

3 hours ago, strophic said:

thx! maybe I just need to turn the motion smoothing up

It was a poor stream at 720 even after they got it going correctly and, yes, you could hear the crowd noise was in sync with the picture stream but both were ahead of the commentary.

Still didn't make Jimmy's quips redundant though.  😁 

Sorry about today folks, it doesn't help the viewers/listeners much but the issues earlier were completely out of our control. We'd done all of our tests almost 2 hours before kick off and everything was up and running and ready to go, but just before we were due to go on air we were told that the host broadcaster was having issues getting our commentary feed. What followed was a frustrating wait for us, and our production team, while they tried to resolve the issue. I know we'll be looking into what happened, but wanted to give a brief update. When it's a live TV game the host broadcaster controls the main feed, so we're at their mercy to some extent if there are technical issues. 

Hopefully the result made up for things at least to some extent... 

2 hours ago, Laurie said:

Sorry about today folks, it doesn't help the viewers/listeners much but the issues earlier were completely out of our control. We'd done all of our tests almost 2 hours before kick off and everything was up and running and ready to go, but just before we were due to go on air we were told that the host broadcaster was having issues getting our commentary feed. What followed was a frustrating wait for us, and our production team, while they tried to resolve the issue. I know we'll be looking into what happened, but wanted to give a brief update. When it's a live TV game the host broadcaster controls the main feed, so we're at their mercy to some extent if there are technical issues. 

Hopefully the result made up for things at least to some extent... 

Laurie,

I like Jimmy's quips but the result is what really matters.

Just in case you were ever in any doubt that Laurie Dunsire is a fan as well as commentator......

7 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

Can you put this on the TV ? Or is it laptop or mobile only ? Have never used it before just 

Should work on a smart tv

Sorry to be a w####r here but is there a number of limit of devices you can watch this one if you paid for ppv? Like is it possible to watch on my TV and then for likes of my dad to watch it at his ? Save him calling over as someone have covid 

14 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Sorry to be a w####r here but is there a number of limit of devices you can watch this one if you paid for ppv? Like is it possible to watch on my TV and then for likes of my dad to watch it at his ? Save him calling over as someone have covid 

I would imagine so but have never tried it. 

2 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

No mate I'm pretty sure you cant.If you look on your email confirmation it explains it there.

5 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

Not unless your are both on the same IP address........which I doubt if you are at different locations.

3 hours ago, norrie1952 said:

No mate I'm pretty sure you cant.If you look on your email confirmation it explains it there.

Aye if someone else logs in it logs you out of other device lol I'll facetime him 😂😂

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Section Q said:

Anyone know if tonight's game on Hamilton TV works overseas.....?

On Hearts TV.

Hamilton Academical vs Hearts event thumbnail

HAMILTON ACADEMICAL VS HEARTS

Live video coverage from Hamilton for International subscribers | Live audio commentary inside the UK & Ireland

• 2 weeks later...

Not a good performance on the park or from the commentary team so far.

I don't need a complete historical analysis of each player as he's on the ball....just say what he's doing with it.

By far the poorest commentary performance from Hearts TV since the streaming service first started.  Comments from Joel Sked like "I don't know why so many Hearts fans are still in the ground" are, frankly, pathetic.  Easily ranked alongside some of the dreadful fan based commentaries that I've heard on other streaming services.  Turning the audio off improved the whole experience although, admittedly, not by much. 

On a positive note today's combination made it clear realise how good Laurie Dunsire and Jimmy Sandison really are.

On 19/02/2023 at 09:05, DesertDawg said:

By far the poorest commentary performance from Hearts TV since the streaming service first started.  Comments from Joel Sked like "I don't know why so many Hearts fans are still in the ground" are, frankly, pathetic.  Easily ranked alongside some of the dreadful fan based commentaries that I've heard on other streaming services.  Turning the audio off improved the whole experience although, admittedly, not by much. 

On a positive note today's combination made it clear realise how good Laurie Dunsire and Jimmy Sandison really are.

100% agree 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, fila said:

Is the cup game on Hearts TV, its not showing on the web page 

It will be available for international subs, website updated now 👍

9 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Good solo commentary tonight Laurie.  That's not an easy thing to do.

Thanks DD - I've had my share of practice to be fair, it was solo for every away game for many years! 

Gorgierools
1 hour ago, Laurie said:

Thanks DD - I've had my share of practice to be fair, it was solo for every away game for many years! 

2 hours each way and back to nappy duties,happy days eh!!!!

8 hours ago, Laurie said:

I remember that but you've definitely "upped your game" since then.  👌

• 1 month later...

Seen on FB the game is on PPV on Hearts TV today but seen on here that it isn't? So just wanted someone to clarify that it definitely isn't on there?

Rudi the Cocker Spaniel

It's on Hearts TV for overseas subscribers and according to the Evening News it's on Hibs ppv which is why the kickoff was changed.

bigfatskinnyjambo97
2 hours ago, Rudi the Cocker Spaniel said:

It's on Hearts TV for overseas subscribers and according to the Evening News it's on Hibs ppv which is why the kickoff was changed.

Cheers lad! Any idea when the stream comes on? 

bigfatskinnyjambo97
2 hours ago, Rudi the Cocker Spaniel said:

Its still on the holding graphic for me. Anyone having problems? 

2 hours ago, Deid Heid said:

What has happened to the half-time studio summary with Borthwick & Wales?

Unfortunately for live TV games we don't have access the studio, they'll be back next game that isn't live on Sky.

56 minutes ago, Laurie said:

Unfortunately for live TV games we don't have access the studio, they'll be back next game that isn't live on Sky.

Thanks, Laurie. I'd never noticed that previously.

1 hour ago, Laurie said:

Also good to hear both you and Jimmy enjoying the game today, along with everyone else too!

Can't access any Hearts TV content just now. Main hearts website is fine, but TV website just states: "This site can't be reached" ☹️ Anyone else getting the same?

9 hours ago, Rossco said:

Can't access any Hearts TV content just now. Main hearts website is fine, but TV website just states: "This site can't be reached" ☹️ Anyone else getting the same?

Ignore this. It's working fine. User error 😆

22 hours ago, Deid Heid said:

Also good to hear both you and Jimmy enjoying the game today, along with everyone else too!

Thank you, it was nice to enjoy a match so much again!