Police Scotland

Maroon Sailor

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what famous monkey's have to do with this.

:D

The Chancellor seems to function quite well for a coke fiend.

:D

The Chancellor seems to function quite well for a coke fiend.

Most cocaine users function perfectly well.

MOst recreational drug users do too.

Its the addicts that don't.

What the police are doing is looking for soft targets - students and youngsters whom, if caught can have their life prospects ruined by a conviction for a tenners worth of Coke.

Whoop de do!

LIfe ruined, for absolutely no gain at all

Most cocaine users function perfectly well.

MOst recreational drug users do too.

Its the addicts that don't.

What the police are doing is looking for soft targets - students and youngsters whom, if caught can have their life prospects ruined by a conviction for a tenners worth of Coke.

Whoop de do!

LIfe ruined, for absolutely no gain at all

Just say, No.

The Mighty Thor

So this is another non-story from Mags or more accurately it's another news story he's trawled from t'interweb to portray BADSNP!

Bad, SNP :(

Sound. :thumb:

Meanwhile the rest of the world moves on.

Re a post earlier on quoting Police contributions as 11%, it's now up to 14.5% per pay. Reform of the pension scheme will also bring the 'golden' Police pension come more into line with what the public would deem acceptable.

As for stressful situations i'd guess that shovelling skull fragments and brain matter into a poly bag would put you off your dinner at the very least...

• 3 weeks later...

Another ignored call and now old lady found dead.Effing disgrace.

Have they not learned anything from the other major incident off a motorway?

I have never seen call centre software where calls can be left ignored unless status is changed. There should be people responsible for monitoring calls and escalating them.

Another ignored call and now old lady found dead.Effing disgrace.

Sorry for getting this wrong.THEY DID GET A CALL BUT DIDN,T BOTHER PASSING IT ON TO THE INVESTIGATING TEAM

Sorry for getting this wrong.THEY DID GET A CALL BUT DIDN,T BOTHER PASSING IT ON TO THE INVESTIGATING TEAM

yeah the call was logged but no one thought of adding, report of aged woman wandering about lost and an investigation in progress searching for an aged woman with dementia.

severe lack of Sherlock holmes types if no one could notice the link, unless as I "suspect" these things are departementalised and departments compete rather than communicate in a costing,budget fighting situation you have at police weegie

Just as well for his "super injunction"!

Shame for him that there is no such thing in Scotland then!

the equivalence being an interdict, but as yet no such thing as a super interdict

The Mighty Thor

yeah the call was logged but no one thought of adding, report of aged woman wandering about lost and an investigation in progress searching for an aged woman with dementia.

severe lack of Sherlock holmes types if no one could notice the link, unless as I "suspect" these things are departementalised and departments compete rather than communicate in a costing,budget fighting situation you have at police weegie

The police is 'departmentalised' as you put it. It has to be. Response and community policing would be aware that she was missing most probably as a high-risk missing person.They get dozens per day, people who live in the community without support and have illnesses or needs that mean they are prone to wandering off un-announced.

The departments wouldn't be fighting over budget on looking for missing persons and i find the last part of your post a bit bizarre. 

siegementality

Shame for him that there is no such thing in Scotland then!

the equivalence being an interdict, but as yet no such thing as a super interdict

A super injunction taken out in England Is effectively enforced in Scotland as the Scottish courts grant an interdict stopping the disclosure of the super injunction. That's where Ryan Giggs fecked up.

A super injunction taken out in England Is effectively enforced in Scotland as the Scottish courts grant an interdict stopping the disclosure of the super injunction. That's where Ryan Giggs fecked up.

The Sunday Herald were semi successful in challenging the Giggs super injunction and the ruling was that they could publish it in a newspaper produced and sold in Scotland but we're not permitted to put in into any online source or in any print form intended for sale in England.

You are committing an offence if you mention online that a particular person even has a super injunction. No matter where you posted it. IF it can be viewed in England. Obviously you are commiting a more serious offence if you go further and discuss or reveal of speculate as to the reasons for the super injunction being in place. The website hosting such discussions is also committing an offence.

Beware.

jambos are go!

Sturgeon spends her time trying to put the boot into Wesminster over Human rights, EU membership an refugees when shes got MPS to do that. Meanwhile Health, Education and Police services are in crisis. To make it worse her MSPs are voting fodder who according to Prominent SNP politician John Mason are incapable of scrutinising Ministers and policies. When will Scotland wake up to the SNP administrations incompetence. No way do they deserve a third term.

Sigh, here we go again.

Based on what exactly? conjecture?

I hate the arrogance of the SNP.  I saw some total chump pass me in the street recently wearing a "Don't blame me I voted Yes" t-shirt.  F off would they eh.  I don't blame anyone - I am perfectly happy.  Do they even consider this?

I saw a car with a 'bairns not bombs' sticker on the rear window.

A bird had shat all over it.

I laughed.

Labour and the Tories cant seem to land a punch on the SNP.

I wish or hope, that the press would ask more questions.

The BBC reporter Nick Robinson that now has cancer, and was targeted by SNP politicians and supporters seems to have had an effect on anyone asking questions.

The Real Maroonblood

Sturgeon spends her time trying to put the boot into Wesminster over Human rights, EU membership an refugees when shes got MPS to do that. Meanwhile Health, Education and Police services are in crisis. To make it worse her MSPs are voting fodder who according to Prominent SNP politician John Mason are incapable of scrutinising Ministers and policies. When will Scotland wake up to the SNP administrations incompetence. No way do they deserve a third term.

They have certainly done a poor job regarding Police Scotland

Apart from that they are doing a fantastic job.

Jam Tarts 1874

How are they doing a "fantastic job"?

jambos are go!

Is stealing money from the Health Service and cutting over 100k college places for working class kids doing a fantastic job. Not to mention missing Health Service targets and the Higher maths fiasco. Plus useless and impotent MSPs according to the SNP Politician John Mason. Wake up.

The Real Maroonblood

Is stealing money from the Health Service and cutting over 100k college places for working class kids doing a fantastic job. Not to mention missing Health Service targets and the Higher maths fiasco. Plus useless and impotent MSPs according to the SNP Politician John Mason. Wake up.

Why did you start going off topic?

Wind your neck in.

Wind your neck in.

This. I find it very sad to see individuals with political allegiances regurgitate shite put out by party spin doctors blindly.

I wish they would take their brown nosing off to their party forums and stop spamming this board with irrelevant shite that constantly takes threads off topic.

jambos are go!

Wind your neck in.

Err! It was you who said that apart from the Police the were doing a fantastic job. I merely responded. But you want to ignore and stiffle talk about the SNPs record at Holyrood, which is lamentable.

This. I find it very sad to see individuals with political allegiances regurgitate shite put out by party spin doctors blindly.

I wish they would take their brown nosing off to their party forums and stop spamming this board with irrelevant shite that constantly takes threads off topic.

You have the right to offer an opinion but I can assure my posts are 100% my own work if it was me you were referring to

The Real Maroonblood

Err! It was you who said that apart from the Police the were doing a fantastic job. I merely responded. But you want to ignore and stiffle talk about the SNPs record at Holyrood, which is lamentable.

You have the right to offer an opinion but I can assure my posts are 100% my own work if it was me you were referring to

Dry your eyes.

Dry your eyes.

:lol:

He is right. It was you who referred to their record, other than Police Scotland, which quite frankly is awful. Our education system, and NHS is far worse than in England. Only the Labour run Welsh NHS is worse.

As an SNP supporter (sounds like it), and presume Independence supporter, I suggest it is you who needs to dry your eyes.

Toxteth O'Grady

Just as well for his "super injunction"!

Wayne Mawson is suspicious IMO. Followed house from the Met, appears to be a useless clown that cheats in course tests but is made of Teflon.

siegementality

Wayne Mawson is suspicious IMO. Followed house from the Met, appears to be a useless clown that cheats in course tests but is made of Teflon.

Interesting that you should have chose to make that comment while quoting a post mentioning a superinjunction.

My Spidey senses are tingling.

John mcCartney

so annoying watching the pricks strutting around yesterday treating Hearts fans like shite,filming us and provoking people

scum

filming chief? a small band of jambos all hemmed in n all

whaaaaaat a bunch of see you next tuesdays

of course ive saw it before but thought all that was over with,provoking indeed and victimisation

Due to poorer and poorer results at higher level in schools I was told by a mate of mine who is a teacher that if current trends continue by about 2025 you could pass higher maths with a 0% result. This is based on maths being a 34% pass rate this year...

Just good friends...... :indeed: 

Due to poorer and poorer results at higher level in schools I was told by a mate of mine who is a teacher that if current trends continue by about 2025 you could pass higher maths with a 0% result. This is based on maths being a 34% pass rate this year...

Thanks for taking the thread even further off topic with an uneducated political batching session.

Surely the **** up with Higher Maths was caused by incompetent testers setting questions unrelated to the syllabus?

These people are supposed to be expert at their jobs in the SQA. I fail to see how politicians are involved here?

Some people can't accept their party got horsed at the general and Scottish elections and has no mandate so resort to constant bitching.

Thanks for taking the thread even further off topic with an uneducated political batching session.

Surely the **** up with Higher Maths was caused by incompetent testers setting questions unrelated to the syllabus?

These people are supposed to be expert at their jobs in the SQA. I fail to see how politicians are involved here?

Some people can't accept their party got horsed at the general and Scottish elections and has no mandate so resort to constant bitching.

The Maths screw up was due to the questions being set almost as cryptic crossword clues.  The underlying maths was on-syllabus and straightforward but nobody could understand what the question was asking.  Try the crocodile one for example.  The tester should simply be fired.  

Is there not the chance that the 'superinjunction' is actually about hiding the fact that high rankers were given jobs they are not qualified for rather than any 'relationship' issues? Both married men with kids remember.

The Maths screw up was due to the questions being set almost as cryptic crossword clues. The underlying maths was on-syllabus and straightforward but nobody could understand what the question was asking. Try the crocodile one for example. The tester should simply be fired.

We are splitting hairs here. The fact is that the screw up was in the SQA, and politicians delegate that level of detail to so-called experts.

Maybe the issue is that experts should be checking other experts work within the SQA for Quality Assurance?

jambos are go!

Have the SNP accepted they got horsed in the Referendum ?

It's really embarrassing how badly designed the two bodies are. The SPA are an unaccountable quango making bad call after bad call and are clearly mute on criticising the Police Force. Whilst Police Scotland just seems, weekly, to be full of cronyism whilst it's senior officers run riot and make a mockery of the force.

Needs a total overhaul. Might be 3/4 years old but it's clearly not fit for purpose.

Could also be down to a new curriculum being implemented against the wishes of many teachers and done in a totally slapdash manner with little strategic thinking which has thrown many professionals in the system into not really knowing outcomes to teach to and what the tests would actually be like... Could be that and what you've said combined as well because I don't really disagree with you either!

But someone sets the guidance on the things and directs policy here. I think it might be the same people who've done a great job of the police force.

Have the SNP accepted they got horsed in the Referendum ?

How do you like those source grapes?

A 5% defeat isn't a horsing. Your party got beasted good and proper in the general election. Their solitary MP saved his seat for his constituency work including saving our club. Otherwise you would have zero MPs.

Now are you going to let the thread get back on topic?

How do you like those source grapes?

A 5% defeat isn't a horsing. Your party got beasted good and proper in the general election. Their solitary MP saved his seat for his constituency work including saving our club. Otherwise you would have zero MPs.

Now are you going to let the thread get back on topic?

Do you think Police Scotland is a shambles?

Do you think this experiment that the SNP implemented without he amendments of the opposition parties who also backed this has been a success?

Do you reckon it's time the SNP government stop acting as though it is an opposition and started governing to make the changes to the things they've clearly presided over which haven't gone well, like the police, and work with opposition parties to implement reform?

Archived