Juwon Oshaniwa - signs 3 year deal, scarf above head, etc etc

WSTR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about ?500 for charity if I prove that I just might be in a position to know?

Clearly been a mistake in posting something that I thought might benefit the community.

I don't doubt for 1 minute that you must know someone who gives you information that you believe may be true. I dont doubt that.

That wasn't the call.

You said "Unfortunately it's not gonna happen" you never said "Unfortunatelh it MAY not happen"

I'm saying It IS and WILL happen.

The question is how confident are you in your source?

Fxxx the SPFL

What about ?500 for charity if I prove that I just might be in a position to know?

Clearly been a mistake in posting something that I thought might benefit the community.

you posted hee haw you stated deal had fallen through how did u think that comment would benefit the community if you ARE in a position to know then elaborate or stop trolling.

Btw I am in the know,Celtic were interested but once they found out he was in the Gazza Strip they pied him,we'll see him at Half time on Sunday.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Wish I hadn't read this thread... Getting a little nervous now. Still I'd back Jay Jay on this one.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Wish I hadn't read this thread... Getting a little nervous now. Still I'd back Jay Jay on this one.

MM is not offering much substance.

Maroon Mayhem is making me nervous.

:sob:

Juwon a go to the fridge and get a bottle of chill juice like me

Even if the visa did come in today he's unlikely to immediately go to the airport. More likely if he's coming and it came today he'll be arriving Monday at the earliest.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Even if the visa did come in today he's unlikely to immediately go to the airport. More likely if he's coming and it came today he'll be arriving Monday at the earliest.

I do think he would announce it on twitter though. #GODISGOD

Jambo 4 Ever

So Barry has actually spoken to him, or was it Barrys sister's cousin's cats flea that juwon spoke to?

Maybe his taxi driver?!

I don't believe a word Barry Anderson says

If he told me his name was Barry I'd have to check the label his mum sewed on to his underpants.

Barry Anderson just tweeted that he has spoken to Oshaniwa who says he is desperate to join us and is frustrated by visa delay.

Just like the rest of us.

I'm with you Jay Jay.

Oshinawa has just tweeted that he has spoken to some ginger Scottish twat and is no longer interested in coming to Edinburgh

colinmaroon

If he told me his name was Barry I'd have to check the label his mum sewed on to his underpants.

Personally, I would check the label on his jacket.

Rudolf's Mate

If the deal goes through then you should ban yourself!

My bets with Martoon Platoon.

:wtf:

The P&B guy?

Please no! If it's the guy I'm thinking of he's a feckin roaster [emoji23]

Jambof3tornado

Sure I saw Oshaniwa at Calais on one of the news clips last night.

gets funnier every time someone jokes about calais!

No really.

It's funny as **** how any random can come on here and simply say the deal has fallen through and folk just drink it in like the guy knows anything :lol: he's talking shite in the off chance the deal does break down and he can say "told you so" :lol: ffs man.

:spoton:

the general

I'm with jay jay on this one

me too .... it will take something seismic to stop the deal going through

at the moment it is still very much on

Sure I saw Oshaniwa at Calais on one of the news clips last night.

if you're under 12, have a word with yourself. If you're older than that, have a word with yourself.

if you're under 12, have a word with yourself. If you're older than that, have a word with yourself.

I'm 12 so what do I do?

Clerry Jambo

08:00Saturday 25 July 2015

JUWON OSHANIWA today spoke out about the visa issues delaying his move to Hearts and insisted: ?I?ll be on the first flight to Edinburgh when I have all the paperwork.?

The Nigerian is stuck in his country?s capital, Abuja, and revealed he must wait at least another few days for permission to fly to the UK.

Speaking exclusively to the Evening News, Oshaniwa said he can?t wait to become a Hearts player and begin his career in Scotland. He has already spoken with head coach Robbie Neilson and should sign a long-term contract with the Edinburgh club once the visa is stamped.

His UK work permit application was approved earlier this month, but the player is frustrated by the visa delay, which is now into its third week. Hearts officials have contacted the UK embassy in Nigeria and hope the situation will be resolved in a matter of days. Oshaniwa, Nigeria?s World Cup left-back in Brazil last summer, explained that he is just waiting to board a plane.

?I?ve been following and monitoring Hearts along with my agent since they showed interest in me. This is a very good team with good, young players and I like the way they play,? said the 24-year-old. ?They have good fans and a good atmosphere. Even the technical team are good people with good instincts and good thoughts.

That is why I said this is the place for me. When I spoke to the coach, I was motivated and encouraged. I just can?t wait to go and work with him. The way he talks, with total humility, and his desire wanting me to come to the club, I just can?t wait to play under him.

?The important thing was getting the work permit, that?s the most difficult part. That has already been secured. I don?t think the visa will be a problem but I must wait. If I get the visa today, I?m telling you, I will see you in Edinburgh tomorrow. I will fly from the international airport here in Abuja to Heathrow. It takes six hours. Then I will fly to Scotland so it should be about seven hours in total. As soon as I get my passport back I will be on my way.?

Oshaniwa has spent the last three seasons playing in Israel with Ashdod. Previously, he was with Nigerian clubs Kwara United, Lobi Stars and Sharks. Celtic were credited with an interest in him earlier this year but he stressed he had no hesitation in agreeing to join Hearts.

?It never took me any time to decide,? he continued. ?The offer came and I was like, ?Hearts is a good team?. We had been talking and trying to reach my club to come to an agreement. I never had a second thought because I know Hearts is a great club. They have a collection of young players who have good prospects and they are champions. The name of the club implies heart of the country so I am really looking forward to being part of the Hearts family.?

Oshaniwa admitted he has not been given a reason for the visa hold up and is finding the protracted saga difficult. ?I don?t know what the delay is. I got a message from the embassy saying they are still processing the visa. I was surprised because it has been more than 15 working days now. I sent their email on to the human resources manager at Hearts. They called the embassy to find out what the problem is and said we should exercise patience for two to three working days. The lady sincerely apologised. It?s very difficult and I?m not happy at all.?

The full-back is trying to remain positive and believes there is much he can achieve once he eventually gets to Tynecastle. ?I?m a positive person and football is all about setting a target,? he said. ?To aspire to great things in your career, you have to have a positive target ahead of yourself. For me, deciding to join Hearts is a chance to use what God has given me to achieve great things in Scotland this season and in subsequent seasons.

?When I am going to a new place, I have the desire to get there early so I can acclimatise to the conditions. There will be new faces and a new team and we want to carry on and have a good start to the season. I am a professional. Only God has the answer to everything. Only he knows why things are like this and I have to wait.?

scott herbertson

JUWON OSHANIWA today spoke out about the visa issues delaying his move to Hearts and insisted: ?I?ll be on the first flight to Edinburgh when I have all the paperwork.?

The Nigerian is stuck in his country?s capital, Abuja, and revealed he must wait at least another few days for permission to fly to the UK.

Speaking exclusively to the Evening News, Oshaniwa said he can?t wait to become a Hearts player and begin his career in Scotland. He has already spoken with head coach Robbie Neilson and should sign a long-term contract with the Edinburgh club once the visa is stamped.

His UK work permit application was approved earlier this month, but the player is frustrated by the visa delay, which is now into its third week. Hearts officials have contacted the UK embassy in Nigeria and hope the situation will be resolved in a matter of days. Oshaniwa, Nigeria?s World Cup left-back in Brazil last summer, explained that he is just waiting to board a plane.

?I?ve been following and monitoring Hearts along with my agent since they showed interest in me. This is a very good team with good, young players and I like the way they play,? said the 24-year-old. ?They have good fans and a good atmosphere. Even the technical team are good people with good instincts and good thoughts.

That is why I said this is the place for me. When I spoke to the coach, I was motivated and encouraged. I just can?t wait to go and work with him. The way he talks, with total humility, and his desire wanting me to come to the club, I just can?t wait to play under him.

?The important thing was getting the work permit, that?s the most difficult part. That has already been secured. I don?t think the visa will be a problem but I must wait. If I get the visa today, I?m telling you, I will see you in Edinburgh tomorrow. I will fly from the international airport here in Abuja to Heathrow. It takes six hours. Then I will fly to Scotland so it should be about seven hours in total. As soon as I get my passport back I will be on my way.?

Oshaniwa has spent the last three seasons playing in Israel with Ashdod. Previously, he was with Nigerian clubs Kwara United, Lobi Stars and Sharks. Celtic were credited with an interest in him earlier this year but he stressed he had no hesitation in agreeing to join Hearts.

?It never took me any time to decide,? he continued. ?The offer came and I was like, ?Hearts is a good team?. We had been talking and trying to reach my club to come to an agreement. I never had a second thought because I know Hearts is a great club. They have a collection of young players who have good prospects and they are champions. The name of the club implies heart of the country so I am really looking forward to being part of the Hearts family.?

Oshaniwa admitted he has not been given a reason for the visa hold up and is finding the protracted saga difficult. ?I don?t know what the delay is. I got a message from the embassy saying they are still processing the visa. I was surprised because it has been more than 15 working days now. I sent their email on to the human resources manager at Hearts. They called the embassy to find out what the problem is and said we should exercise patience for two to three working days. The lady sincerely apologised. It?s very difficult and I?m not happy at all.?

The full-back is trying to remain positive and believes there is much he can achieve once he eventually gets to Tynecastle. ?I?m a positive person and football is all about setting a target,? he said. ?To aspire to great things in your career, you have to have a positive target ahead of yourself. For me, deciding to join Hearts is a chance to use what God has given me to achieve great things in Scotland this season and in subsequent seasons.

?When I am going to a new place, I have the desire to get there early so I can acclimatise to the conditions. There will be new faces and a new team and we want to carry on and have a good start to the season. I am a professional. Only God has the answer to everything. Only he knows why things are like this and I have to wait.?

So in summary

God knows why it's taking so long!

Where's Colinmaroon when we need him?

Jambof3tornado

Does Kevin McHattie know someone at the Nigerian visa offices??

Just adding a new twist to the saga!

So all the pant wetters stressing he's going to celtic can chill out now! He's coming very soon!

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Does Kevin McHattie know someone at the Nigerian visa offices??

Just adding a new twist to the saga!

"and I would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for that pesky Kevin McHattie fella!"

Will someone please tell the boy that the deal has fallen through! Both him and Hearts seem oblivious to the fact!

Jambof3tornado

"and I would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for that pesky Kevin McHattie fella!"

Haha.

Good article,cheers PHDC.

I wonder if he`ll swing the anti-bible crew on the Christianity thread in The Shed into becoming believers?   :insufferable:

I think I'm now as equally excited about him signing as I am about maroon mayhem having to hand over a monkey. That will be delicious.

Good article,cheers PHDC.

I wonder if he`ll swing the anti-bible crew on the Christianity thread in The Shed into becoming believers?   :insufferable:

He should be asking God what the hold up is on the visa? 

He should be asking God what the hold up is on the visa? 

Covered by the "mysterious ways" and "put there to test us" catch-alls.

Archived