Juwon Oshaniwa - signs 3 year deal, scarf above head, etc etc

WSTR

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Italian Lambretta

If he was signing for the rebels he would have had his visa by now and already in Scotland.

If he was signing for the rebels he would have had his visa by now and already in Scotland.

Lawwell is probably chairman of the Visa Committee

All roads lead to Gorgie

That's what I find strange. Surely in this day and age they have a fax machine in Nigeria.

Maybe the fax machine they are trying to use was Vlad's old one bought off Ebay and the poor thing is clapped out through over use. :tiny:

Seymour M Hersh

This guy's taking the piss.  Waiting for the Festival imo.

Jazz & Blues Festival started last Friday! 

Jazz & Blues Festival started last Friday! 

Maybe he's waiting for the ladyboys to start

We_are_the_Hearts

Surely an update soon? Far from a pantwetter but its becoming a bit ridiculous now?

Arthur Morgan

Surely an update soon? Far from a pantwetter but its becoming a bit ridiculous now?

Yeah I would say Friday at latest now going by reports. I have a feeling it will be today though.

jambo in iraq

tell you what this boy must be pretty handy that Neilson and Co are waiting around for him like this. That said there must be a cut off date whereby if he ain't here then they will move onto the next target. Hoping its not one of these, if you send me 10,000 dollars, I will release the visa moogoo scams!

the general

Yeah I would say Friday at latest now going by reports. I have a feeling it will be today though.

sure there will be something today :-)

Jambo 4 Ever

Is that just hopeful thinking? Or based on info you have?

Jambo 4 Ever

Is that just hopeful thinking? Or based on info you have?

Unknown user

Chill guys, he's said he's coming, CL's said he's coming- he's coming

There's nothing anyone, including him, can do except wait it out

I even heard he's getting a full pre season in over there!

We_are_the_Hearts

I reckon at half time on Sunday,he's drop in on a parachute.

Nah Jim Duffy's helicopter

wheatfield to sheffield

Now that this topic has even dropped off the front page (well, until this bump), do we have to accept that he is Juwon that got away?

All roads lead to Gorgie

Now that this topic has even dropped off the front page (well, until this bump), do we have to accept that he is Juwon that got away?

This could be his Juwon and only chance to sign for the JTs as well. Hope things sort themselves out sooner rather than later.

Anyone know of any other signing's on the radar apart from Juwon ?.

Hopefully nobody from Nigeria or we could struggle before the Jan window at the rate of these visas  :tiny:  :tiny:

We_are_the_Hearts

Maybe showing my lack of knowledge here but when they go back for the ANC for a month do they have to go through all this nonsense again?

Maybe showing my lack of knowledge here but when they go back for the ANC for a month do they have to go through all this nonsense again?

No as he'll have a work permit for the length of his contract. This allows him to enter the UK for the purposes of work, during that period. 

J Cheever Loophole

I have decided not to shave until the scarf aloft photies!

Hate that pic of Tynecastle,should be the other way so you don't see the old scaffy seats.

Unknown user

The one you're thinking of happens every 2 years, the one that's coming up is only for players based in their home countries.

But no, it wouldn't affect him anyway, once the working visa is given he can get back in for it's duration

Somebody is definitely taking the piss btw,99% of Visas from Lagos Nigeria to the UK are processed within 15 days,the other 1% can take upto 90 days.

Is anyone else wondering why he just doesn't go and ask what the delay is ? Is that too simple ?

Funny I was just thinking the same.

Hello UK Embassy, whats the crack wi ma visa n that likesy? Easy!!!

Funny I was just thinking the same.

Hello UK Embassy, whats the crack wi ma visa n that likesy? Easy!!!

Ahm pure burstin tae git tae Embra and git oan the ching wi Billy King.

Nigerians and Ghana folk are very religious,   I do hope he gets on with our muslims eg Oz. 

Not just them.

Callum Paterson is Jedi apparently.

Nothing worse for team morale than a religious war breaking out in the changing room.

As long as there's no sith then we should be fine!

Not just them.

Callum Paterson is Jedi apparently.

Nothing worse for team morale than a religious war breaking out in the changing room.

Edit - I have just noticed. I am a little saddened that people have read his referencing to 'god' as a religion that may oppose Islam and that there has been a presumption that our Islamic players may clash heads with others who follow dogmatic religions.  

Not a go at you or the other poster but Christ on a bike (pun intended) if that's the first thing that springs into people mind.

Edit 2 And I also realise I am probably taken a very dim view on a harmless flippant remark :2thumbsup: .    

Nigerians and Ghana folk are very religious, I do hope he gets on with our muslims eg Oz.

He might have run into a few religious folk playing in Israel and for Nigeria, you never know.

Nigerians and Ghana folk are very religious,   I do hope he gets on with our muslims eg Oz. 

If he's big on religion we should ask him how Noah got the dinosaurs on his ark.

Edit - I have just noticed. I am a little saddened that people have read his referencing to 'god' as a religion that may oppose Islam and that there has been a presumption that our Islamic players may clash heads with others who follow dogmatic religions.  

Not a go at you or the other poster but Christ on a bike (pun intended) if that's the first thing that springs into people mind.

Edit 2 And I also realise I am probably taken a very dim view on a harmless flippant remark :2thumbsup: .

there is also a presumption that he is Christian. He could well be Muslim.

Archived