Season Tickets 2015/16 - ST sales have now ended

Radio Ga Ga

Just mental.

Fortunately, the club doesn't share your view: and it will allow decent allocations for visiting supporters this season. 

In other words, clubs that can sell more than one section will get more than one section of the Roseburn, up to a maximum of 3

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fortunately, the club doesn't share your view: and it will allow decent allocations for visiting supporters this season.

In other words, clubs that can sell more than one section will get more than one section of the Roseburn, up to a maximum of 3

Maximum of three

I don't think so bud

Independence

I agree. Away supporters help to create an atmosphere. We like to travel to away games and therefore it is correct each team allows a percentage of away fans inside their grounds. Travelling supporters also add to the local economy.

We shouldn't forget, unfortunately, that we may well be grateful for away supporters in the future if things on the park don't go the way we want them to go. Thats the risk with supporting a football club.

It's getting really tiring reading all the calls on here for the away fans -- primarily Aberdeen's -- to get squeezed out of Tynie.

If you want to behave like an adult club, like, say, West Ham United, you allow a decent number of away supporters in, even if you could sell out the seats to your own supporters. That way you treat all of your customers with respect, and you have a case for seeking decent ticket allocations for away supporters. West Ham, like Hearts, have a large travelling support, in good years and bad, and they require that good will from other clubs.

Away supporters have spent a lot of money at Tynecastle over many seasons and it is, frankly, puerile to lock them out as soon as we have enough home support to do so.

I think the narrow-minded vision of locking out visiting supporters belongs with narrow-minded clubs such as Sevco, who tried it last season with us and with Motherwell and others. 

Fat lot of good it did them btw

Correct.

Let's not behave like children...unless you are children of course..!

I'm not advocating being childish

I'm advocating catering for as many Hearts fans as want to buy tickets.

Hearts will probably get as many tickets as they want for the majority of away games so makes no sense to keep a certain amount for away fans visiting tynie.

Get as many home fans into tynie as possible!!

Gorgie_Rules

It's getting really tiring reading all the calls on here for the away fans -- primarily Aberdeen's -- to get squeezed out of Tynie.

If you want to behave like an adult club, like, say, West Ham United, you allow a decent number of away supporters in, even if you could sell out the seats to your own supporters. That way you treat all of your customers with respect, and you have a case for seeking decent ticket allocations for away supporters. West Ham, like Hearts, have a large travelling support, in good years and bad, and they require that good will from other clubs.

Away supporters have spent a lot of money at Tynecastle over many seasons and it is, frankly, puerile to lock them out as soon as we have enough home support to do so.

I think the narrow-minded vision of locking out visiting supporters belongs with narrow-minded clubs such as Sevco, who tried it last season with us and with Motherwell and others.

Fat lot of good it did them btw

Nonsense. How many teams that come to Tynecastle can fill 2 sections? Only Celtic and Aberdeen that are in the top league this year. Going by how the celtic fans behave at Tynecastle I cant see any justification for giving him them as much tickets as possible.

The only downside of the season ticket sales is locking out our own fans, especially youngsters who are fans of the future. Catering to them is more important than catering to away fans.

Cast No Shadow

Two sections for those who require it is fair. You also want at least a reasonable amount of arseholes in the away end to goad when Hearts are dishing out a pumping. B)

Cast No Shadow

Also, both Dundee clubs and Partick will more or less fill two sections, or at least one and a half. Possibly St. Johnstone on the opening day too.

I'm not advocating being childish

I'm advocating catering for as many Hearts fans as want to buy tickets.

Likewise but the football experience must have supporters of both teams at it's core.

The club are sensible...they'll know, more or less, what teams will bring.

They'll allocate to suit while trying to maximise home support.

As many Hearts fans in Tynie as possible this season please. The best way of growing the fanbase long term.

As someone who is a walkup with a disabled pal, just how many seats are not season ticketed.   I asked before but no clear answer...

I'd expect most or all of section K to be available for walk ups, which is approx 700 seats I think. Plus any seats currently available as season tickets that remain unsold. Beyond that it is unclear if home fans will be in section L as per the debate on this thread.

JamboHeriot

2 sections maximum for away fans. Only Dundee United, Aberdeen, Dundee and Celtic have any chance of filling them both.

2 sections maximum for away fans. Only Dundee United, Aberdeen, Dundee and Celtic have any chance of filling them both.

2 sections minus what is required for segregation.. that still leaves about 1250-1300 for away fans.. That's a decent number for any team.. Most will probably struggle to fill that..

2 sections minus what is required for segregation.. that still leaves about 1250-1300 for away fans.. That's a decent number for any team.. Most will probably struggle to fill that..

Following that I would say that when the club get close to selling out season tickets they should open up section K so that season ticket holders can move their seats to that section..

2 reasons for this:

- I think it's unfair that walk ups can get a better seat in K than season ticket holders that have had to buy in J...

- With season ticket holders next to the away fans their is less likelihood of trouble as people won't want to lose their season tickets for their behaviour.. If someone is there for only one game and is sat next to the away fans (Celtic as an example) the could cause problems for the club.. And lets face it Celtic look for anything to point the blame another direction..

Romanov Stole My Pension

I think if section K was made available for season tickets then another issue would be that season ticket holders wouldn't be guaranteed a ticket for our home cup games (although we rarely sell them out I know). Cup games we have to offer 10% (i think) of seats to away fans if they want them, so sections K,L,M would give away supporters 1700+ tickets plus segregation.

If we take section K for season tickets then for cup games those holders would have to wait until supporters in other sections had decided if they are using their seat or not, and pick up their scraps.

I think if section K was made available for season tickets then another issue would be that season ticket holders wouldn't be guaranteed a ticket for our home cup games (although we rarely sell them out I know). Cup games we have to offer 10% (i think) of seats to away fans if they want them, so sections K,L,M would give away supporters 1700+ tickets plus segregation.

If we take section K for season tickets then for cup games those holders would have to wait until supporters in other sections had decided if they are using their seat or not, and pick up their scraps.

My point was that we wouldn't sell extra season tickets.. Just those in J could move to K.. J could then be used for walk ups..

Then if there was a home cup game and their seats were needed they could move back to J.. It would only be the walk ups then that were affected..

I'd rather pay for an empty seat that have another of the cretins from the west(Ireland) in our ground! Give them the minimum we need to give them please! sure most would agree

if possible I would try and limit Celtic to 1 section due to the way they treat us through there. Also the trouble they cause when visiting tynecastle we could do without and maybe if there's only 1 section of them the Police wouldn't bottle it from treating them the same as every other supporter.

Don't get the seethe with Aberdeen fans give them what they can sell, good atmosphere when they visit.

Dagger Is Back

Does anyone know what will happen if we draw a Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Aberdeen etc at home in the cup?

scott herbertson

2 sections for anyone who wants them and can pay for them - it would be nice to work out how to do only one section for those who don't want and wont use them.

I dont think STs will be the deciding factor on who gets tickets for Cup games.

As away teams are entitled to claim 20% of tickets for Cup games that means that in the event of a sell out there and would not be enough tickets to satisfy demand from ST holders. With this in mind i would imagine that Loyalty Points will be the deciding factor in who gets tickets.

I also dont think people will be able to book their own seat unless it just happens to be free when booking.

As for the away support allocation in League games I think something in the region of 1000-1200 is reasonable. 

That would allow us to keep 3 sections for ourselves 1/2 a section for segregation and one and a half sections for away fans.

Hearts fans in section K could exit via exit gates for other home sections. Away fans would be segregated by police and stewards in the pitch facing area and by the barrier under the stand in the concourse.

This way everybody is happy except perhaps Celtic and Aberdeen fans but they will moan no matter what.

Francis Albert

It's contained within the brochure FA, initially we had trouble finding it as well.

Thanks, and to Cornhill Hearts. Glad to know I am not the only one to have difficulty!

Howdy Doody Jambo

If there is a good away support at Tynecastle it gets the home support fired up more, it's so important that away fans get to support there team Maybe we will need a bigger stadium

If there is a good away support at Tynecastle it gets the home support fired up more, it's so important that away fans get to support there team Maybe we will need a bigger stadium

1200 is more than Celtic give us.

1200 in a stadium capacity 17000 is generous compared 1000 in a 60000 capacity stadium.

I might see your point in regards to Aberdeen but the only thing a large Celtic support bring to Tynecastle is bile and hatred.

If we could get away with it i would give Celtic nothing while giving other teams 1200 if they can sell them.

Bazzas right boot

Does anyone know what will happen if we draw a Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Aberdeen etc at home in the cup?

I don't know for a fact but on recent history Celtic will pump us, we will pump the other 3!

FarmerTweedy

Well that's going to get cosy with home and away fans having to share seats in section K.

FarmerTweedy

I believe it's 20% for the Scottish Cup, which means the whole school end, but that there's no set %age for league cup games.

FarmerTweedy

2 sections for anyone who wants them and can pay for them - it would be nice to work out how to do only one section for those who don't want and wont use them.

If only we'd done it in the past, we wouldn't have to work out how to. Oh, hang on.....

Cast No Shadow

Just to clear things up a little: Sections L and M hold 1,482 seats in total (718/764 respectively). You can shave a couple hundred off that for segregation for games where Hearts fans are in all of Section K.

This gets a bit complicated for me.

Anyone know roughly how many we've sold since we hit the 13,000 mark?

scott herbertson

If only we'd done it in the past, we wouldn't have to work out how to. Oh, hang on.....

I didn't put that very well - I know we've done it before (St Mirren in the 'going under' season?)  but I meant a more regular way which could allow us not to have a segregated neutral area which I think we have had where we use all but one - eg if we were to do it against the dundee teams I don't think police would allow us not to have a blank area. I'm thinking of railings between the sections or something like that

FarmerTweedy

I didn't put that very well - I know we've done it before (St Mirren in the 'going under' season?)  but I meant a more regular way which could allow us not to have a segregated neutral area which I think we have had where we use all but one - eg if we were to do it against the dundee teams I don't think police would allow us not to have a blank area. I'm thinking of railings between the sections or something like that

I see. I think police would still insist on a significant amount of clear space between the two sets of fans.

We haven't sold cup top ups with our season tickets so the only problem that will arise is if the away team gets the whole end? Which I don't see happening

Marooned In Oz

We haven't sold cup top ups with our season tickets so the only problem that will arise is if the away team gets the whole end? Which I don't see happening

Pretty sure in cup games if the away team want 20 percent of tickets the home team is legally oblidged to offer this.

jamtartan74

It's pretty simple, if demand is there from home fans then that's priority, **** celtic and any other away support for that matter, if we as hearts fans want the seats then that's what should happen. Cater for the demand now, not what's gone in the past.

P.s Apologies for the meme earlier in the thread, hold my hands up, it was in bad taste [emoji16]. Sorry queen Ann.

I see. I think police would still insist on a significant amount of clear space between the two sets of fans.

Well the police are fools then. England seems quite able to have rival fans sitting only 4 or 5 seats apart, why not us??? (I'm not disagreeing with your point, just posing a question).

FarmerTweedy

Well the police are fools then. England seems quite able to have rival fans sitting only 4 or 5 seats apart, why not us??? (I'm not disagreeing with your point, just posing a question).

That sounds like clear space to me!  Maybe not as much as we're used to having at Tynecastle, but clear space nonetheless.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

What is it with people posting about West Ham on here? No-one gives a ****.

If we hit 14,000 it'll be a massive achievement. Sell outs every week next season

:pleasing:

What is it with people posting about West Ham on here? No-one gives a ****.

If we hit 14,000 it'll be a massive achievement. Sell outs every week next season

:pleasing:

West Ham were mentioned as an example of a club that keeps a good proportion of its capacity (about 10%) for away fans, even though it is full every week and could sell more of these to home supporters if it wanted. Sevco were mentioned as a counter-example, who have taken the opposite approach, minimising visitor fans' allocations, whether they can sell the tickets themselves or not.  

Too complicated for you?

Footballfirst

a  -  72    
b  -  55    
c  -  10    
d  -  3    
e  -  32    
f  -  37    
g  -  108    317

----------------
h  -  106    
j  -  15    121 

----------------
n1  -  3    
n2  -  3    
n3  -  92    
p  -  17    
q  -  12    
r  -  12    
s  -  21    
t1  -  34    
t2  -  15    
t3  -  94    303

----------------
v  -  24    
w -   5    
x  -  13    
y  -  27    
z  -  26    95

----------------
Total  -  836

Clerry Jambo

a  -  72    

b  -  55    

c  -  10    

d  -  3    

e  -  32    

f  -  37    

g  -  108    317

----------------

h  -  106    

j  -  15    121

----------------

n1  -  3    

n2  -  3    

n3  -  92    

p  -  17    

q  -  12    

r  -  12    

s  -  21    

t1  -  34    

t2  -  15    

t3  -  94    303

----------------

v  -  24    

w -   5    

x  -  13    

y  -  27    

z  -  26    95

----------------

Total  -  836

Over 100 sold FF since your count on Friday, good stuff!

a  -  72    

b  -  55    

c  -  10    

d  -  3    

e  -  32    

f  -  37    

g  -  108    317

----------------

h  -  106    

j  -  15    121

----------------

n1  -  3    

n2  -  3    

n3  -  92    

p  -  17    

q  -  12    

r  -  12    

s  -  21    

t1  -  34    

t2  -  15    

t3  -  94    303

----------------

v  -  24    

w -   5    

x  -  13    

y  -  27    

z  -  26    95

----------------

Total  -  836

who says dot-counting is dead?

great progress, sell-out on the way!

Fxxx the SPFL

So is there only 836 season tickets left?

if they don't sell which I think they will at least with walk ups we could make 836 x ?24= ?20k all helps the club. Apologies if already quoted in an earlier post but how much will we take in season tickets money wise.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Ha! Not quite. The fences went up as a result of the trouble. (although it's true the OF nearly always dominated the ground when they came, taking over the traditional home area of the shed opposite the main stand)

The 4-1 win over Hibs in 1973 gives a fair idea of what a non-segregated derby crowd looked like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9pHxmPPrsA

But by 1978, police attempts to keep fans apart were proving futile - the 1-1 draw in August that year being the last derby before the fences went up. Short highlights are on the Back To The Brink video, from 4:08 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxPvwxWdrIY

It would be wrong to think they always took over the Shed though.  I was at the 1972 game when we beat Celtic 4-1 ...

http://londonhearts.com/scores/games/197204291.html

and the Shed was full of Hearts supporters.  I know that because I was in there, just below the camera stand, and got hit by a bottle thrown from the Celtic fans along from there towards the open Gorgie Road end, just after Tommy Murray scored our opener.

indianajones

if they don't sell which I think they will at least with walk ups we could make 836 x ?24= ?20k all helps the club. Apologies if already quoted in an earlier post but how much will we take in season tickets money wise.

I think there was a figure of around ?3,500,000 kicking around based on an average price of ?250. That's with 14k season tickets sold.

So if we sell these last remaining 836 season tickets, there will be no walk up tickets available?

Archived