Season Tickets 2015/16 - ST sales have now ended

Radio Ga Ga

Watch the You Tube clip of Rangers winning the league at ER in 1975.

The place is packed full of Rangers fans.

I'm not sure if it was that day or not but it was around the same time. We were heading through to Glasgow for a game and the traffic heading towards Edinburgh was like an invading force well over a hundred buses and countless cars .Started paying attention to them from the Maybury and they were still pouring Eastwards by the time we hit the outskirts of Glasgow.

I so glad those days are over. Hearts / Hibs fans scared to cheer for their own team in their own ground in case some bam smashed a bottle over your head.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'm not sure if it was that day or not but it was around the same time. We were heading through to Glasgow for a game and the traffic heading towards Edinburgh was like an invading force well over a hundred buses and countless cars .Started paying attention to them from the Maybury and they were still pouring Eastwards by the time we hit the outskirts of Glasgow.

I so glad those days are over. Hearts / Hibs fans scared to cheer for their own team in their own ground in case some bam smashed a bottle over your head.

I've only ever known segregation. I started going as a kid in the mid eighties. See when I hear people talking about things like this, I always wonder what it was like. I mean... did thousands of Hearts supporters stand in silence while the Rangers and Celtic fans shouted and cheered all over Tynecastle? :unsure:

In the Seventies Hearts supporters had a reputation as being a bit rowdy, was this after segregation? Like... while sharing a space with the weegies, it's all quiet and timid, but when there's a fence separating them, suddenly it was all "boot-boys" etc?

Hackney Hearts

I've only ever known segregation. I started going as a kid in the mid eighties. See when I hear people talking about things like this, I always wonder what it was like. I mean... did thousands of Hearts supporters stand in silence while the Rangers and Celtic fans shouted and cheered all over Tynecastle? :unsure:

In the Seventies Hearts supporters had a reputation as being a bit rowdy, was this after segregation? Like... while sharing a space with the weegies, it's all quiet and timid, but when there's a fence separating them, suddenly it was all "boot-boys" etc?

Ha! Not quite. The fences went up as a result of the trouble. (although it's true the OF nearly always dominated the ground when they came, taking over the traditional home area of the shed opposite the main stand)

The 4-1 win over Hibs in 1973 gives a fair idea of what a non-segregated derby crowd looked like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9pHxmPPrsA

But by 1978, police attempts to keep fans apart were proving futile - the 1-1 draw in August that year being the last derby before the fences went up. Short highlights are on the Back To The Brink video, from 4:08 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxPvwxWdrIY

Hackney Hearts

Hibs have had a better average home crowd than Hearts in 21 seasons

Hearts better than Hibs in 94 seasons.

Only once since 1983 have Hibs had the better.

Still can't get my head round that Dashing Bob S quote ("A successful Hearts has never gotten anything like the support of an equivalently successful Hibs."). 

Last year's Tynecastle average - IN THE 2nd TIER -  was better than anything Hibs have managed since 1972-73 ...  42 years!  (and that was only bigger by about 100)

And before that, you have to go back another 13 years, to 1959-60. So, once in the last 55 years they've bettered our recent 2nd tier figure. Once. And only just.

Francis Albert

I  think we'll sell quite a few more.The realisation will dawn on more people who contributed to the sell outs and near sell-outs last season that they won't be able to rely on walk ups to see many games.

Hackney Hearts

I  think we'll sell quite a few more.

I've just bought one in G. (as a PHM I didn't want to buy at a reduced rate...  :smug2: )

Dave McCreery's knee

A brilliant effort from the fans, really looking forward to the season ahead. Would be superb if we could get to the point where we had the same number contributing to FOH monthly. Currently a shortfall of 3 or 4 thousand.

Still can't get my head round that Dashing Bob S quote ("A successful Hearts has never gotten anything like the support of an equivalently successful Hibs."). 

Last year's Tynecastle average - IN THE 2nd TIER -  was better than anything Hibs have managed since 1972-73 ...  42 years!  (and that was only bigger by about 100)

And before that, you have to go back another 13 years, to 1959-60. So, once in the last 55 years they've bettered our recent 2nd tier figure. Once. And only just.

Thanks for that Hackney.  Really interesting.  It may be because 0-7 was their biggest ever mistake.  They've virtually done nothing since.

Despite their bombast, it must be abject misery supporting our Lochend friends.

FarmerTweedy

A brilliant effort from the fans, really looking forward to the season ahead. Would be superb if we could get to the point where we had the same number contributing to FOH monthly. Currently a shortfall of 3 or 4 thousand.

There's no way that will happen. Lots of kids and pensioners among our season ticket holders, not that many of whom are likely to have a spare tenner a month kicking about that they could donate to Hearts. Many other season ticket holders won't have that spare either.

Dave McCreery's knee

There's no way that will happen. Lots of kids and pensioners among our season ticket holders, not that many of whom are likely to have a spare tenner a month kicking about that they could donate to Hearts. Many other season ticket holders won't have that spare either.

Agreed. There's also lots of non seasonticket holders who could still contribute though

A spin off effect of a full Tynecastle is that it will make us more attractive for the TV cameras which will generate further income.

But now that it's a financial level playing field just watch hibs start to dominate on and off the pitch....

Oh....

Biffa Bacon

I've just bought one in G. (as a PHM I didn't want to buy at a reduced rate...  :smug2: )

Well done HH, but as a PHM you would have been better buying at the cheaper rate....then donating the difference to the club to avoid VAT :)

FarmerTweedy

A spin off effect of a full Tynecastle is that it will make us more attractive for the TV cameras which will generate further income.

Probably not much more though, a little extra trackside advertising would be about it I think. Can't see where any other extra money would come from.

FarmerTweedy

I hope you bought one of the ones that was only a single seat - i.e. the seats either side were both taken already.

Hackney Hearts

Well done HH, but as a PHM you would have been better buying at the cheaper rate....then donating the difference to the club to avoid VAT :)

Damn! I just didn't think.  Why wasn't this scheme announced on the club website???

I shall donate the difference anyway. That's how much of a PHM I am.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

According to afc-chat the Dons have sold less than 6k season tickets :lol:

That would be worse than Hibs... :unsure:

kingantti1874

That would be worse than Hibs... :unsure:

I think the 6-game package has probably backfired massively

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think the 6-game package has probably backfired massively

Nothing worse than your package backfiring on you. :(

Seriously though, if those figures are correct, then that is pretty poor.

heartsfc_fan

According to afc-chat the Dons have sold less than 6k season tickets :lol:

:rofl:

And they think they are bigger than us

the general

hopefully make the catering easier to access,good programs and decent merch and we can make dosh on that

Home League Averages

Season Hearts Hibs Difference

1932-33 16133 6558 9575

1933-34 14400 11263 3137

1934-35 18654 10370 8284

1935-36 18362 10068 8294

1936-37 20087 11340 8747

1937-38 20172 11163 9009

1938-39 18308 12894 5414

1946-47 19309 24225 -4916

1947-48 23624 27950 -4326

1948-49 28014 27266 748

1949-50 27324 29156 -1832

1950-51 23917 27998 -4081

1951-52 25238 30700 -5462

1952-53 22377 29800 -7423

1953-54 26247 22020 4227

1954-55 23133 22825 308

1955-56 23588 20224 3364

1956-57 23882 18176 5706

1957-58 24158 20188 3970

1958-59 21470 14617 6853

1959-60 23058 16558 6500

So basically after the end of the war, Hibs managed to double their pre-war crowds before falling back behind us again.

Presumably their aesthetics dropped.

Probably not much more though, a little extra trackside advertising would be about it I think. Can't see where any other extra money would come from.

The home team gets an additional amount each time they are on tv.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Damn! I just didn't think.  Why wasn't this scheme announced on the club website???

I shall donate the difference anyway. That's how much of a PHM I am.

Don't forget to add in the interest that the club lost out on because you were so tardy in renewing...:)

in loads of threads people have said this is no longer true

can you produce a source

mainstandjambo

Just done a further count of seats available

Wheatfield - 345

Gorgie - 103

Main - 327

Roseburn - 125

Total - 900

Hackney Hearts

Don't forget to add in the interest that the club lost out on because you were so tardy in renewing... :)

Oh God! This is a minefield. Any idea how much that might come to? Would a tenner cover it?

tynietigers

in loads of threads people have said this is no longer true

can you produce a source

yes you are correct there is no additional amount to any home team, it is all distributed evenly where you have been on once or ten times

fabienleclerq

I'm not sure they do hence Petrie shutting the cameras out.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Oh God! This is a minefield. Any idea how much that might come to? Would a tenner cover it?

LOL: i wish my bank paid a tenner interest on a few hundred quid for a few weeks.

With over 13,000 ST sold I wonder what our smallest attendance of the season will be and who against?  14,700 vs Hamilton?

You can tell I'm bored.........

scott herbertson

With over 13,000 ST sold I wonder what our smallest attendance of the season will be and who against?  14,700 vs Hamilton?

0 at the New years day game I reckon

scott herbertson

As an interesting follow up what were the two worst crowds in league matches we played in Edinburgh last season?

fabienleclerq

As an interesting follow up what were the two worst crowds in league matches we played in Edinburgh last season?

Away to Hibs and away to hibs!

Just noticed that if you exclude matches against the Old Firm and Derby matches.

Hibs have not bettered our average attendance of last year since 1957/58 

http://londonhearts.com/scores/misc/hhhlcrowdsexderbyof.html

FarmerTweedy

I don't think there'll be a crowd below 16,000. That's assuming the smaller teams only get one section and part of L is opened for home fans.

Psychedelicropcircle

Haven't bothered to read thread in total so it may have been mentioned already but the professional dot counters are gonna be done sharpish!

Hearts Heritage

Home League Crowds

>=50000 Hearts 1 Hibs 9

>=40000 Hearts 29 Hibs 35

>=30000 Hearts 102 Hibs 89

>=20000 Hearts 358 Hibs 254

>=10000 Hearts 1325 Hibs 934

<10000   Hearts 659  Hibs 1048

Since 1983

>=20000 Hearts 41 Hibs 18

>=18000 Hearts 53 Hibs 29

>=16000 Hearts 164 Hibs 68
>=14000 Hearts 263 Hibs 131

>=12000 Hearts 398 Hibs 215
>=10000 Hearts 510 Hibs 320

>=8000 Hearts 565 Hibs 466

>8000 Hearts 45 Hibs 148

Watt-Zeefuik

I realize tickets sold is not the same as attendance, and ST holders don't always attend matches.  That said, looking at their average attendances:

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/club_records_league_attendance.php

and given that we're not done yet with ST sales, it looks like there's every chance we'll end up with more season tickets sold this season than their average attendance in every year for the past 40, save one.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Apologies for the heinous crime of not knowing that was no longer the case.

I'm not being funny man, but it seems to be pointed out on here once a week.

I realize tickets sold is not the same as attendance, and ST holders don't always attend matches. That said, looking at their average attendances:

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/club_records_league_attendance.php

and given that we're not done yet with ST sales, it looks like there's every chance we'll end up with more season tickets sold this season than their average attendance in every year for the past 40, save one.

They say that we cheat, and count season ticket holders that do not attend, but they do the exact same thing, and have done for longer than us.

Franco Fascione

Given the stats produced on this thread. We've smashed them out of the park. Well done 12august1893  :2thumbsup:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

They say that we cheat, and count season ticket holders that do not attend, but they do the exact same thing, and have done for longer than us.

They have an excuse for absolutely everything. Won't ever face up to their shiteness

Archived