• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thoughts on Anderson Silva v Michael Bisping?

Absolute joke of a decision to be honest.

Anderson Silva playing the idiot for half the fight didn't help him but he beat the absolute shit out of Bisping.

I've never seen a winning fighter get such a pasting and then get the decision.

The judges must have been smoking crack to score it like that.

3,4 and 5 were all clearly won by Anderson. Crazy stuff.

Generic Username

Anderson Silva playing the idiot for half the fight didn't help him but he beat the absolute shit out of Bisping.

That's the problem with not finishing fights and putting someone away. Lawler's last title defence went to the judges and I thought he'd been taking a pasting for most of it but still got the nudge at the end of it. A lot of the older heads in the game will "play for points" as well in fights, knowing they'll take a tanking if they go toe to toe with someone so look to wrack up points and hope the judges give them the win.

Countdown to 196 as well now. The UFC always have cracking media in the lead up to these events. The embedded series are great.

That's the problem with not finishing fights and putting someone away. Lawler's last title defence went to the judges and I thought he'd been taking a pasting for most of it but still got the nudge at the end of it. A lot of the older heads in the game will "play for points" as well in fights, knowing they'll take a tanking if they go toe to toe with someone so look to wrack up points and hope the judges give them the win.

Countdown to 196 as well now. The UFC always have cracking media in the lead up to these events. The embedded series are great.

Did you think Silva or Bisping won?

I thought Lawler maybe just edged it against Condit but I can see why the decision went the way it did.

Generic Username

You could see from Bisping's face post-fight he'd taken a total battering, but the knee to the head aside, I didn't think Silva looked "dominant". Definitely enough to win a couple of rounds but not enough to make it a sure thing when it went to a decision. It's a pretty yad way to finish a fight when you're having to call it by these fine margins. I don't think Silva will have though post fight (if he's being honest with himself) that he's been done over by judges, but that he's done it to himself by not finishing Bisping, which he should have done. As much as I like him, he's not even close to Silva's level despite the pair of them being a bit older.

Bisping has never lost in the UK maybe that tells you something.My favourite Bisping fight is still the Henderson one where he circles right into Hendos punch despite everyone knowing he just should not be moving in that direction and he ends up sparked clean out.Carved out a great carreer for himself though Bisping.

i had it 3-2 anderson but mma is so hard to score some judges prefer numbers over landing a few big ones and some prefer takedowns to strikes all very subjective i wouldnt say robbery 

Slightly harsh on Quigg I thought, looked like a draw to me. **** knows how there can be so much discrepancy in the judges scorecards though.

they see the fight from different angles but i cant see the quiqq by 3 or 4 rounds card lmao

Generic Username

Predictions for this weekends main events?

I'm thinking Tate will be a lot savvier than Rousey was and not press the fight right off the bat. Wonder if we'll finally see a takedown of Holm in the UFC. Holm in the 3rd for me.

As for McGregor/Diaz, man, I just want that to be 5 rounds of utter nonsense. No quick finishes please. No messing about on the ground. Just strikes for 5 rounds solid. It should, on paper, be a classic.

Generic Username

Think it'll take something special to KO Diaz. Is it not only the one KO defeat he's had? Guy can absorb a punch to the dome.

Holm to KO her in 1st or 2nd. Miesha took punches far too easily and often against Jessica Eye who isn't close to being in Holly's league when it comes to boxing. She'll be exposed badly IMO.

Conor to KO him 2nd or 3rd. But likewise want to see 5 rounds of nonsense. :lol:

Part of me wants to see Diaz win. Would be hilarious.

Edited by Sten Guns

Hector Riva

Is this live on the telly and what time please.Iv never watched a UFC fight  :uhoh2:

:vrface:

Edited by Hector Riva

Is this live on the telly and what time please.Iv never watched a UFC fight  :uhoh2:

:vrface:

1am sat nyte main fights start 3am will be finished for 6am

Hector Riva

Riiiiiight  :21: 

Cheers for that Masonic

:sleeping2:

Ill watch it on YouTube in the morning  :2thumbsup:

Riiiiiight :21:

Cheers for that Masonic

:sleeping2:

Ill watch it on YouTube in the morning :2thumbsup:

It's on BT sport so if you have sky plus or whatever you could record it and watch it in the morning

Hope mcgregor gets absolutely battered.

How do so many people like him? He's an absolute helmet.

Once you see past the trash talk, which is purely business, he's an extremely hard working and humble guy. Very likable in my opinion.

Why don't you like him?

This is worth a watch. Filmed just after the presser.

William Hills are giving you 7/1 for Diaz to win by submission, if he wins, that will be how. Might throw a tenner at that.

AlphonseCapone

Once you see past the trash talk, which is purely business, he's an extremely hard working and humble guy. Very likable in my opinion.

Why don't you like him?

Exactly, his "trash talk" is all just smart business.

From everything I've seen or read of him he is a normal, dedicated, hard-working guy who has done extremely well for himself. He is enjoying his success but still strikes me as a normal down to earth guy.

There is a video of him just dropping in to meet a fan who has a McGregor cardboard cut out and flags hanging from his balcony in LA which McGregor sees everyday driving to the gym. It's obvious from that video he is humble and grateful to the people who support him.

Top guy, only the insanely jealous could dislike him IMO.

Generic Username

Is Nate Diaz one of the dumbest people ever to appear on a television screen?

He's definitely had a few heavy dunts to the head but both Diaz brothers are excellent fighters. It's their mentality that's arguably let them down over the years but if Nick performs as well as he did in his last fight and doesn't get drawn in too much to the pre fight nonsense he'll give as good as he gets with McGregor. It's definitely the fight fans wanted to see in the wake of RDA dropping out.

McGregor looks genuinely agitated this time round which is new from him

Edited by droid

McGregor looks genuinely agitated this time round which is new from him

I thought that myself, usually just stares his opponent down at weigh ins and presser.

Maybe it's all part of the plan. Who knows.

AlphonseCapone

I thought that myself, usually just stares his opponent down at weigh ins and presser.

Maybe it's all part of the plan. Who knows.

Different approach maybe since Diaz is unlike most of the other fighters and more like Conor with the words side of things.

He's definitely had a few heavy dunts to the head but both Diaz brothers are excellent fighters. It's their mentality that's arguably let them down over the years but if Nick performs as well as he did in his last fight and doesn't get drawn in too much to the pre fight nonsense he'll give as good as he gets with McGregor. It's definitely the fight fans wanted to see in the wake of RDA dropping out.

Nate*

;)

chuck berrys hairline

Two good knockout punches in two fights in the prelims cooking up nicely

This is worth a watch. Filmed just after the presser.

William Hills are giving you 7/1 for Diaz to win by submission, if he wins, that will be how. Might throw a tenner at that.

Cash monies

I'm a novice when it comes to ufc, but to look at Diaz I thought I'd be able to take him lol. But his technique,chin,durability etc is fantastic

Folk were talking about McGregor moving up further as well :rofl:. He'd get destroyed.

He's been brought well and truly back down to earth.

Cash monies

Don't know how much of that was for entertainment or just pure hatred, but I'm glad Diaz won. McGregor seems like a dick

chuck berrys hairline

Can taste McGregors tears, seems as if I didn't buy the hype train. Will he give up his belt he has no intention of defending?

Thought I'd recorded this and woke up to watch it but wasn't there on my planner

:seething:

But then I saw the result

:pleasing: